• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AVATAR NESS V1 finally released! With all new pictures and FINAL SMASH!

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice

Ness has finally mastered the art of bending all four elements!

WaterEarthFireAir

For those of you who dont know who the avatar is, here is his picture along with Sakka and Katara who I will plan to make later

Moveset

Standard A-Moves

Neutral-A Air: Palms of fire

Ness harnesses the power of fire right in the palms of his hands and spins knocking back any opponents in his range.

Forward-A Air: Palms of Air

A brief gust of air blows out of Ness's palms pushing enemies away at a fair range. This also has a recoil for Ness as it also pushes him slightly back.

Back-A Air: Ice Kick (Type of water bending)

Kicks his opponent and turns them into an ice cube!

Down-A Air: Fire Kick

An explosion of fire is ignited when Ness Kicks his foot down. It also meteor smashes.

Up-A Air: Same as regular Ness

Neutral-A: Same as regular Ness

Forward-A: Water bending

Ness gracefully does the art of water bending which then releases a giant splash of water. Similar to a falcon punch, this move has a long charge-up time but is very strong if it hits an opponent.

Up-A: Air Bending

Ness does the art of air bending and shoots a brief whirlwind above him. Has a long charge-up. Opponents above him will be launched up really high. Opponents next to him will be hit up into it then launched skyward. It also does slight damage. This move can even KO on stages that are really close to the top of the stage (right under the death boundary).

Down-A: Earth Bending

Ness does the art of earth bending then hits the ground with his hand causing anyone close to him to be impaled into the ground. Has long charge-up.

Dash-A: Water Wave

Sorry no picture for now :(.
With the power of water bending, he lunges shooting 3 ripples of water that damage an opponent similar to his regular dash attack.

Smash-A Forward: Fire Wave

Ness harnesses the power of fire bending into his fists, then releases it on the ground making a small wave of fire.

Smash-A Up: FireBall

Shoots a fireball from his right hand and controls it making it fly over him then dissipates in his hand.

Smash-A Down: FireBall

Shoots a fireball from his right hand and controls it making it slide back and forth over the ground the dissipate in his hand.

B-Moves

Neutral-B: Electric Bending (Type of fire bending)

With his highly mastered fire bending, Ness does the art of electric bending similar to they way princess Azula would do her electric bending. This move takes three charges which can then be resumed later. But once fully charged......

It shoots a short but strong chain of electricity. If released in the air, it has a slight descent.

Forward-B: Air Wall

Ness creates a shield of air from his hand. This shield has lots of uses! It can reflect projectiles and make them stronger. Can block enemies from walking, and for some, running past him. Can glitchly, heal himself if an energy based attack hits him from behind which like lucas, automatically turns him the other way. And finally and also like lucas, can do the zap jump glitch. Jump and use Air Wall as your at your highest vertical jump velocity and you will jump pretty high into the air!

Down-B: Has 3 charges
Charge 1: Air burst

Although weak, it meteor smashes opponents who are off the edge or edge grabbing.

Charge 2: Air Saw

A Blade of air appears on the ground and constantly slices the opponent doing massive damage.

Charge 3: Air Blast

Not strong in damage, but extremely strong in knockback. Can KO pretty easily.

Down-B Air: Eagle Strike (Type of air bending)

Ness uses the power of air to launch him quickly downward and hit an unsuspecting opponent. This move with never KO though. Its useful for damage and getting to the ground quickly.

Up-B: Water Propulsion

Small waves of water propel Ness upward. This move is great from combos!

Final Smash: Typhoon

Probably one of the strongest Final Smashes ever! This final smash is utter chaos!

Ness generates a MASSIVE Tornado with his air bending skills! This move is almost impossble to avoid and even more impossible to escape. This move would suck up all explosive items which makes you feel sorry for the people inside the tornado.

The tornado concludes with a sudden reverse in suction and blows everything that was inside, out!

Attributes

Running speed is increased
Jumping is slightly increased
Air mobility is slightly increased

Known glitches
If you are knocked into the air and quickly use B-Down, you with not go down at a fast speed. Just use it again and you good.

Downloads and Videos

Download Link V1:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHMMFIG1

Download Link V0.4:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7FY8D39A

Download Link V0.3:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V3I8Q3RT

Download Link V0.2:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03QKAYXV

Youtube Video V1!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tXbfcBab5k

Spiderjjr45's Epic Fire Nation and Original Aang Textures:

Download Original Aang Texture:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QLFIN5T9

Download Fire Nation Aang Texture:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=29AGEJGQ

A BIG thanks to Eldiran's wisp and Shadic's Geno which helped me in a few moves.

If you guys have any suggestions on anything or what needs to be fixed, just let me know! :3

Alphatron

Smash Champion
This is friggin badass. My only gripe is the exclusion of earth bending...

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Lol I know what would be funny. Get the taunts enable final smash hack and then taunt during a sudden death. Then use it when the bomb are falling! lol

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Just tried him out, and I like him. His f-air seems to be useless, though.

I don't know what to think of his tilts. His up-tilt is too slow and way too weak. Well, they are all super slow.

His recovery goes ridiculously high. Jump -> forward B -> zap jump -> up B and I'm well above the blast zone.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
This is friggin badass. My only gripe is the exclusion of earth bending...
AGREED! We need some more eart bending moves. I suggest to change an arial to earth, and a smash attack. At the very least.

And it would be so much more amazing if his Final Smash was Avitar State. Come on!

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I ill be downloading this in a second...and I'm gonna try out your idea with the sudden death FS, Hyrule Temple will be in mayhem :p

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
WOW!
Definitly gonna try this out. It looks so awesome!
The cap on normal Aang looks a bit strange, but hey - it is too cool!

jhorx123

Smash Rookie
avatar ness is my favorite psa! awesome! although he's awesome here r some suggestions for ur nxt version:
. slightly faster D-tilts
. more usage of earth bending which was said before
. The final smash is a cool, fair fs, but u could add more suck or blow power, or u could use the tornado with a few rocks around it and a ring of water and fire and his blue arrows glow (avatar state). But if the avatar state is too hard to make i totally understand. plz lemme kno when u've made any updates to ness, or on utube: jhorx123. good luck on nxt version, thnx:lick:

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Change the F air. Seriously. Do it. NOW. I always try to hit somebody and end up just causing them (and myself) a minor inconvenience... >.>

jhorx123

Smash Rookie
Change the F air. Seriously. Do it. NOW. I always try to hit somebody and end up just causing them (and myself) a minor inconvenience... >.>
yea i agree, his forward aerial has no damage effect, i dont mind this move but maybe it should made to give a bit of damage, or possibly change this move to an earth based attack like rock punch etc. just an idea.
what version will the new avatar ness be? im sure it'll be awsum.
How comes kirbys246 hasnt been here in 2months?

delement

Smash Rookie
i tried this today and dang this is awesome!!!

the final smash should be stronger though!

The way this smash work is it only does its worst damage if you try to move, its safe as long as youre in the center and not trying to escape it...nice :D i havent tried it with explosions yet

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Your finally get the recognition you deserve dude! This new set looks AMAZING!!!

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
It seems a little too spread out, too many elements to try to work with at once.

Also I think that Wind Cutter and Water propulsion should be switched. Because Wind in the series was always the element that allowed flight, not water. Also water was always the one used as a cutting implement.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I've got a suggestion too.

Ness Fsmash does way to much damage (cut it down) conversely, he's somewhat weak at KOing.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Most elemental based PSA's are really cheap and cliché, but you've done an awesome job with everything here. Congrats!

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I didn't even know half those effects existed in brawl. This looks amazing, great PSA!

The final smash is just VERY well done btw.

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
Sorry to be a bother, but could someone help me. I don't now how to use this. Where do I put the pac file? How to I change Ness' moves to these ones?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
To be honest, I can't say I find the FS all that great. Yeah, it looks amazing, but it doesn't actually... well, do anything. Once it's done, all it really accomplishes is moving the opponents around.

Hyperstar96

Smash Rookie
AWESOME! Another FS you could've done is make Ness go in the Avatar State. I guess that means make all of his attacks fully charged, make it so that he can't get knocked back, make him still be glowing like when he has a Smash Ball... stuff like that, I guess.

Also, can somebody make CSPs for the textures?

Top Bottom