• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunshine Coast (Nambour Monthly) Nov 7th

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
SUNNY COAST SMASH!

Calum's Monthly event:

The smash scene in QLD has slowly but surely been increasing throughout the number of years and now with some effort I’m hoping to set up monthlies in the coast through http://sunshinenetworkgamers.com/
Or SNG for short. Our aim is to have monthly/bi-monthly LANS with a similar set up to lansmash.
Other console gaming, particularly competitive games like Halo 3, SF4, Guitar Hero can be available if there is a demand for it. I will make sure a couple of Xbox 360’s are set up at some stage

Details:
After getting off the Nambour Train Station you must walk past the local Mc Donald’s, keep going until you see the RSL and then take a left under the train bridge. Up that road you will come across the Nambour Masonic Centre. All this in 5mins of walking.

Cost will be 10 dollars to cover costs of the hall and if there happens to be any tournaments organized than an extra 5 dollars will be used for the pot.

Note:
Travelling by train takes approximately 2.5 hours from south Brisbane/North Goldcoast.

Phone: (07) 54414531 or 0423765351 if you need to contact me for any more info.
Email: cal_no.1@hotmail.com

Since I will be in Japan when the 28th of November comes (which is when SNG is on), I am pushing the date for Smash and other console games to November 7th instead of mixing console and pc gaming together. However after this first event I will plan on mixing the 2 in the future.

Times:
11:30am-5-30pm

After talking it over with Vyse I figured that having it that date means 3 weeks of smash in a row. (South Brisbane then P.M.S, then here.)

Also much appreciated if you go to SNG and make accounts and register for this if you're going. Just to make it more official and if you bring a console (highly recommended) then also bring a lagless screen of somekind for obvious reasons :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Yea I realize that this is kinda bad timing with uni exams but as long as 5 people show, I've covered the costs of the hall. haha.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
SUNNY COAST SMASH!

11am-4-30pm

After talking it over with vyse I figured that having it that date means 3 weeks of smash in a row. (South Brisbane, then P.M.S, then here.)
Is this the right thread?

Anyway:
- Having 3 weeks in a row like that is good, its the way it should be.
- I'll come, anyone wanna lift, ask me.
- K see ya then.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Yes it is the right thread :) and awesome that is at least one person haha.

By train from gold coast or south brissy is probs about 2.5 hours. I should mention this in original post. I'll also put up a more professional looking map up later. Just so it looks better for SNG website.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Alright, considering this thread is being used, I'll post here -_-.
ANYWAY...
I can house anyone if anyone wants an after meet... meet. o.O

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Now we have 3 sets of tournaments running in QLD... Brutal lol. I might come to this, depends if I'm working or not and who's going etc.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
It'd be cool to go up there just to have a look around, a sort of adventure =)

If I could catch a lift with someone, go down with a group and get back before uni on Monday that'd be sweet

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
k all done. I will in the near future post some more bulletins on SNG regarding to smash related topics. E.g. Links to youtube on how to play.

Alright I'm pretty sure all the right info is there now. I'll try and buy a couple more tv's before the 7th. I may be able to being an extra wii as well.

How many people here can bring tv's wii's etc??

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Who's also up for some Mario Kart Double Dash 8 player one tv per player? :D

Well I would need to purchase a broadband adapter somewhere. I have cables and hubs but people wud need GC's with Broadband adapters. Does anyone have and use that stuff and also does anybody play Mario Kart DD online using the "Warp Pipe" software? (It's similar to hamachi.)

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Bob, if you see this, let me know what is happening on Saturday, who are you taking, what times are you going

I might make this if I drive to Bob's Sat morning, but we'll have to see

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I've already talked to Bob and he is definitely coming down this Sat =D So just give him a call about where to meet him.. but judging by your post you don't have his number??

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
oh yeah, when's the next one of these. i might go to it (since it's not in the middle of my exams anymore). not really excited by games other than melee though, except for extremely casual dota XD

Top Bottom