• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Modded Brawl Compilation Video

insertnamehere

Smash Rookie
A group of us put together a collection of clips from some recent games we played together. I know not all the clips are combos, and that few of the combos are even true combos, hence "compilation video." Still pretty interesting: Enjoy.

Also, I should note that we are playing with a somewhat heterodox setup: slightly less than 10% more gravity and hitstun and fast speed (from the in-game setting, equates to roughly 25% faster speed). We began using it a long time ago, looking to create a faster paced, more aggressive version of Brawl (at the time Brawl+ was still in its infancy, fiddling with wavedashing and Melee-style airdodges and what not). Back then, it was way more fun than what was going on in Brawl+, but I have not played any of the more recent builds of Brawl+ so I don't know how it compares now. What do you guys think?

Captain 9wnag3

Smash Cadet
i dunno.
stick to brawl+.

good try though. quite interesting. could be useful...maybe the increased playstyle will help with reaction and timing?

edit: could result in move spam as demonstrated by ganon...ive never seen a combo like that in melee 2:38 (link does not link to 2:38 -_-)

insertnamehere

Smash Rookie
@DE_Desti: PK Fire the move lasts longer than it takes to run in and grab someone, no matter what version of Brawl you are playing. If you don't DI properly, you obviously risk Ness approaching and getting you with all manner of things, the easiest being a dash attack or a grab. Its not a true combo (because you can often DI out in time) but it is one that can happen. Not quite sure what your point is...

@Captain: The big advantage of the faster play speed is not only in the aesthetics (the game simply plays smoother and more up tempo), but it effectively lowers the timeframe of many aspects of the game relative to human reaction speeds (which obviously remain constant). Air/spotdodges, ledge invincibilities, escape windows are all shorter, while startup/landing/ending lags are relatively quicker, all told making for a game that priviledges action a little more over reaction. The gravity/hitstun constant changes are all roughly equivalent to those in Brawl+, just to make the game a little less floaty and a little more combo-y. You can try it out yourself, no modding required (just Special Brawl->Fast Speed).

As for the Ganonkick clip, I think it required a couple lucky near hits, a ceiling, a hefty dallop of incompetence on the behalf of Captain Falcon (me), and the perpetrator's sustained bemusement as to how far the charade would last. In other words, hardly a recreatable situation. Also, I haven't played G-dorf Melee in a long time, but I don't think the Ganonkick spiked in Melee or at very least spiked the same way, so it is understandable that you never saw it operate like that in Melee.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
insertname: it wanna say , it was bull**** this combo xDD
grab to pk fire ?! what the hell ? the oppenen is idiot xD

Top Bottom