• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWC-E #2: Smash-a-Mania, Lexington, KY Nov. 14th

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Welcome to Smash-a-Mania!

Kentucky Smash is proud to present the Midwest-East Circuit Event #2! The tournament will be held at the University of Kentucky, and it offers a big venue with lots of room to move around it. Every TO from Kentucky will be present and are helping run things so the tournament will be ran as quickly and smoothly as possible.

*This tournament marks the second Midwest Circuit Event being run by Overswarm, for more info on the circuit and the rules go to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249283

When:
Nov 14th
12:00 noon- 12:00 midnight

Where:
Room 230 University of Kentucky Student Center
Lexington, Ky 40506
(If you go to Google Maps and type in University of Kentucky, we're close to letter E.)

Venue Rules:
1) No bicycles, skateboards, skates/rollerblades, or any other conveyance is allowed inside the building.
2) Try to limit food choices so it doesn't look like we're catering to you guys. (They get huffy about pizza.)
3) No alcohol/drugs.
4) Don't block any entry ways or exits.
5) Try not to swear as much, or rather, as loudly as you might be inclined to.
6) Nothing is to be taped, tacked, or otherwise adhered to the walls in any manner.
7) The sponsoring organization/department is responsible for leaving the room in the same condition as when the meeting/event started. (I've been pretty good about cleaning up for others, but it's just plain easier if you can pick up after yourself... so please do.)
8) Any materials must be removed immediately following the event or meeting.

Price:
Venue - $5 (will be waived upon bringing a full setup)
Doubles - $10 Per Person
Singles - $10 Per Person

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

Singles Payout

1st: 48% *
2nd: 22%*
3rd: 14%*
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles

* 3 Stock (If the TO deems it necessary, the stock count may be reduced to no less than 2 for pools)

* 8 minute timer (If the TO deems it necessary, the timer may be reduced to no less than 6 minutes for pools)

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors or Coin Flip

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Nope's no BS rule: If you are attending a circuit event, you are giving us permission to record and release videos of you playing as well as permission to use your character, tag, alias, name, and/or likeness in promotions regarding the circuit.

* Should anyone be caught altering custom stages in any way for any reason during a tournament, you will be immediately DQed from both singles and doubles and your points for the circuit may be stripped from you.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties if 3 seconds has passed on the game clock. Multiple instances of resetting due to controller errors will result in a loss for future games in the circuit.

* If you believe you may have controller issues throughout the tournament, you are able to start a match on Spear Pillar for a few moments to test controls. Spear Pillar is used to make it crystal clear that you are testing your controls.

*Pausing and resetting a match without explicit approval from your opponent prior to doing so, at ANY point in the match (including star KO animations) will result in a loss of that match. Multiple instances will result in a DQ.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage Lists

Starter

Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Libra *
Equity *

Counter

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Abyss *
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet

Rest of stages are banned.

Attending:
Judge
Overswarm
Kel
Y.b.M
Infern Angelis
Smash 64
KassandraNova
Today
Clowsui
Steel Samurai
Nope
Capem
Champ
Fonz
Xisin
Hilt
Crash
Mayling
Greggu
Judo
Airborne
Jkip
Calic
Tactical
Metaflair
Mister Eric
Shy Guy
Tyr
Ttar
ShadowPhoenix
Doctor X
Keist
Exile
+ more!

Set ups:

TV list:
1) UK TV
2) UK TV
3) UK TV
4) UK TV
5) Crash
6) Overswarm
7) Exiled
8) Mayling
9) Bobbu

Wii list:
1) Crash
2) Overswarm
3) Mayling
4) Bobbu
5) Chris
6) Airborne
7) Shadowphoenix
8) Today
9) Excel
10.) Xisin

* Thanks May

*These are custom stages, for more info on them and how to download them, please go to the Midwest Circuit 2 Main Thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249283

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Good **** xisin, can't wait.
Interesting choice at Distant Planet over Mansion, but I can see your reasoning.

Expecting Michigan, all of Ohio, and Kansas to be at this thing :D

Kel

Smash Master
There's no mansion either infern. OR green greens. ****, that's all of your counterpicks right there. You'd better not lose a game if you end up going

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I can't come to this. I have to work this weekend. If NEOH is to make it, they will need someone else to drive. :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've always worried about Infern on Delfino for some reason. He never seems to lose there, and I don't know why.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
About a 50% chance of me attending this. Family pictures that day so I'll probably only come for singles if I do.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xisin we have the room from 9am-12am. Just letting you know.

If you wanna start a setup list, four tvs from UoK.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
They actually can kill you easily on halberd.

Short vertical blast zones for Snake are overrated.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Gee, I sure hope nobody takes me to Ra...
I sure can't stand having to go to Frig...
>.>

Everyone just take me to japes :D

Edit: Oh **** it's banned :x

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Yeah i decided to experiment with a conservative stage list, just to see how it would change some things up. Conservative lists are far and few and I would say that they are rare in the midwest. I'd bumped off distant planet and Norfair if I could but really couldn't if I wanted to stick with the circuit rules.

@May I'll add lists to it later today or Weds. today is a busy day for me and I likely won't see the thread until tonight again.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I had a bunch of say in this stage list too
and am proud to admit that XD

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Again it's not exactly my idea of a stage list, rather it's the closest I could get to it. I had idea's on experimenting with a couple of stages but I was curious on how people would react to this ultra conservative stage list. (sans customs.)

This is going to be a great tournament at any rate, I'm starting an attending list and set ups list soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll bring a setup, as always. GKais could prolly bring a wii if you have extra TVs.

I think the stage list is fine, I think I know what imma gonna do ^_^

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I call a spot in a car now. Let it be known.

I may or may not enter... If I don't I can help run the tournament. :O

Also I can bring a TV.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Okay there's some ride issues right now

Currently these ppl are planning on going, I think:

(4) God Kais - Tyr Y.b.M Smash64 Infern
(3) Gunpunch! - Kel OS Dr. X
(4) Other people - clowsui, Today, Kassandra, SS

2 cars...11 people. :? Not really that big of a deal but what if Sai wants to come?

smash64

Smash Champion
i would preffer IHOP becuase their service is WAY better than steak and shake and also becuase IHOP actually gets you full haha

Overswarm

is laughing at you
STEAK AND SHAKE MONOPOLY?! :D

But also, this is in Lexington.

I'm thinking they're gonna want Raisin' Canes again.

Top Bottom