• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oli Piktures Present: The Oli Video Compendium (Updated 11/25/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Singles Matches

Dotcom (Atlantic North)

• vs. ChiboSempai :rob: Friendly R1

Draconoa44 (Atlantic South)

Fino (Midwest)

Greward(South America)

Hilt (Midwest)

• vs. Y.b.M. :kirby2: Tournament Matches R1, R2 & R3
    vs. Smash64 :ness2: Tournament Matches R1, R2 & R3
    vs. Tactical :lucario: Tournament Matches R1 & R2

IcyLight (Atlantic North)

• vs. Fatal :snake: Tournament Matches R1 & R2
  • vs. Fatal :metaknight: Tournament Match? R1 *NEW*
  • vs. ChiboSempai :rob: Pools Matches R1 & R2

Kovarish (Brazil)

• vs. Chaudgobay :wolf: Friendly(?) R1
  • vs. Player 7 :metaknight: Tournament Matches R1 & R2
  • vs. Banzé :diddy: Tournament Match R2, R3 & R4

Ledge g2

Combo Videos

Disguised Slavery: An olimar combo vid
by Zori and Weruop

****** flying high - Olimar combo video *NEW*
by Cracker1204

Video Other

Instant Return "Guide"
Instructions in annotations, by Llumys

Now here's the deal.

1. Post instructional, gameplay, or compilation videos. If you post videos of gameplay, make sure it's no more than 3 months old. No one wants to look at outdated videos. That and NO WIFI VIDEOS. For a small explanation, read this. (link)
  2. You don't have to post in any specific format, but please post all of the videos in a set of matches.
  3. Be sure to post whether they were friendlies, tournament matches, or games in a MM and for how much.
  4. I'll organize this thread and update probably no later than 2 weeks after some videos are posted in here. I'll try to update more often than that though. I'll update in spurts- not individually.
  5. Enjoy.
Post away. :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I have a lot of videos I just have to take the time to cut them up and get them on youtube @_@

I have little to do today, so I'll try to use it for that, if possible.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got a new "rule" for posting videos now.

From now on please post whether they were tournament matches, MMs, friendlies, or other.

And Ledge g2, you can post as many as you want. :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
And don't just post your good ****, this thread isn't for you to show off. Post matches you lose as well as those you win, as long as it's a good game and isn't dumb or embarrassing. If it's a good example of the matchup, there's no reason not to post it right?

IcyLight

Smash Lord

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i use that all the time now, its so amazing. get up quick like that into instant jab/smash/grab they actually verbally say wtf, not just think it xD

Afropony

Smash Lord

Denti

Smash Master

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why do people post videos of Wifi matches?

Would you also expect me to include into the OP matches of both players using one hand?

Regardless of my views, some people would like to watch them. I'll update when I get some free time, which will be on monday.

Denti

Smash Master
hey now dangr, way to direct that completely at me. wifi isn't bad, it's not perfect. Wifi shows the match up approaches and the mind games they use also, it also has reaction timing but but not as perfect as it would be if it was not wifi. well anyways, they seemed accurate to everything the real match would be, i wouldn't post a lagfest. explain what is wrong with wifi before saying it's matches are like 1 armed matches..

IcyLight

Smash Lord
actually denti, dan has you beat on this one

hey now dangr, way to direct that completely at me. wifi isn't bad, it's not perfect. Wifi shows the match up approaches and the mind games they use also, it also has reaction timing but but not as perfect as it would be if it was not wifi. well anyways, they seemed accurate to everything the real match would be, i wouldn't post a lagfest. explain what is wrong with wifi before saying it's matches are like 1 armed matches..
tl'dr

i stopped reading after i saw the word wifi

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
What you probably don't understand, and what a lot of people don't think about, is that a lot of matchups are actually different on Wifi. Luigi has a lot of things that work on Olimar on wifi due to not being able to see it coming as fast (a lot of tornado tricks for example) that wouldn't work offline. In the same sense, Olimar does a lot lot better against both Snake and Marth for the same reason.

No wifi matches. I'm sorry if that's your only way of getting matches recorded or if it's someone's main way of playing in general, no wifi matches.

Denti

Smash Master
thanks hilt, i like the way you put it. i understand, and wifi matches are the only way i get good matches in. i wasn't hoping to promote how to play a good olimar, i was hoping on getting critiqued :(

as for one of my matches hilt, i beat a luigi with a steak of 13-2 and a skill of 1800 or something like that. so i disagree with the luigi match up.. I've never had problems with luigi.

so is it alright if i post videos on here to get critiqued in my mind games and how i approach the match up, I'd really appreciate it.... i don't care if they don't get posted on the first page i just enjoy helpful advice because i never see my own faults in gameplay

Denti

Smash Master
kovarish did a swell job lol. i was like, so entranced by his combo on wolf on his 3rd stock that took him to 55% he whistled and got 2 blues and 2 purples and 1 yellow. blue down throw at 0% to re grab with another blue to downthrow again then purple pikmin toss twice followed by yellow fair to re grab down throw.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Hmm, get some other Kovarish videos here. The Final Brackets matches were not uploaded yet(and I don't know why), but watch some matches of Kova and see if he's good or not(results from this tourney here).

IcyLight

Smash Lord
nice matches vs. ybm hilt, now i know what to do in the mu i didn't know fsmash was so effective :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom