• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nashua Smash - New Hampshire steps up on Nov. 28th

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua presents...
Nashua Smash - New Hampshire steps up

47 Grand Ave
Nashua, NH 03060-3165

Contacts
Mr. Escalator (Myself; Dylan Smith)
AIM: Mr Escalator
Email: NashuaSmash@Yahoo.com
Cell: (1-603)557-3296

Venue and event pricing
$5 venue fee
$10 Brawl Singles
$10 Brawl Doubles ($5 per person)

Payout for each event will come out as a 60/30/10 split.
60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.

Schedule
November 28th, two days after Thanksgiving
9:30 am Venue is open
10:00 am Signups for Brawl Doubles (You may sign up for Singles at this time as well)
10:30 am Brawl Doubles begins
12:00 pm Brawl Doubles ends, door prizes are called, Signups for Brawl Singles
1:00 pm Brawl Singles begins
4:00 pm Brawl Singles ends

Tournament scheduling starting after Brawl Doubles begins is subject to change. We expect to have more than enough set-ups to have this run as efficiently as possible. The longer the tournament stretches out for, the more we impose on the staff member present.

Event Rulesets

Brawl Singles:
· 3 Stock
· 8 minute timer
· Items are set to "off" and "none"
· All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
· In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
· No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
· In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
· If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
· Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
· If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
· You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
· Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
· Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

For those who are new to the competitive Super Smash Bros. scene, this is how a set between two players should look like:
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Brawl Doubles:
· Same rules apply as Brawl Singles
· Additionally, Team Attack is set to ON
· Life Stealing is allowed

Stage List:
You must follow the stage striking system to determine the starter stage, but if both players agree to play on a starter stage they can skip this step. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

Each player can ban a single stage from the Counterpick (or Starter if you choose) stage list. This banned stage cannot be played for the remainder of the set.

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

General Rules
· Mages DQ Rule:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set​
· All tournaments are double elimination, best 2 out of 3. Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals are all 3/5 and the winner of the Losers Bracket must win 2 sets in order to win, because the winner of the Winners Bracket has yet to lose a set.
· Please try and keep the yelling down. The Boys and Girls Club are nice enough to use their amazing facilities, so try and give the smash community a good impression. We want to make this a recurring tournament!
· Same as the above, try to avoid swearing. It would be appreciated.
· Smoking is unallowed. If you must, take a walk down the block, but please keep it off the premise. If you catch someone smoking, please report it!
· Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
· Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during the startup of the tournament and in between breaks. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.
· Do not leave during the tournament. If it's extremely important, you have to let one of the staff members know.​

Setups
-8 Televisions (All widescreens) are being supplied by the BGC
-3-4 Televisions are being brought by me, all of them good sized
-4 Wiis provided by myself, one with Balanced Brawl
-Naucitos will be bringing his Wii and Brawl+ (Maybe!)
-Artemis of AiB will be bringing her Wii

We need more Wiis for this! Those who bring a Wii do NOT have to pay the venue fee to get in. Any more televisions are more than welcome, but we will only be waiving the venue fee for wii's specifically. We would love it (and you) if you brought some regardless.

Additional things to look forward to at the tournament venue are the following:
  • 2 Pool tables.
  • 2 Foosball tables.
  • A Ping Pong table.
  • Vending Machines.
  • Numerous seats, including couches!
  • Possibly a concession stand selling yet to be decided food items.
  • Temporary setups showcasing modified versions of Brawl (Brawl+ and BBrawl)

AllisBrawl sister topic: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7908

Pictures of the venue will be going up soon.
If you have ANY questions, either post in the thread or contact me through email or instant messenger. Only call my cell on the day of the tournament for last minute questions, please.
Get hyped!

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well, if you bring a Wii, that's 5 off right there. Oh, and if you want to team with me I could pay for the both of us if money's real tight for you. Of course that would leave Singles, but 10 bucks isn't bad!

Also gas money, I guess.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Ah well. This one was posted only like a week later than theirs (both being around for quite some time now), so it's a shame they both ended up being on the same day.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
That's still an uncertainty; the local scene for Brawl in NH isnt something that's been fleshed out because of our lack of tournaments but I hope to be able to draw enough people within the area instead of relying on just Mass and Maine brawlers.

I need someone who's really experienced with running great tournaments who can also help me with seeding, and you fill that niche while also being one of the coolest people in the area, so I'd really like it if you ended up coming to this.

Though its fine if you do go to battle, no issues, just I would personally prefer you coming to this.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Only real issue is distance and whether or not my biweekly get together with friends is that weekend. It's hard to tell cause biweekly is code for not always every week but not always biweekly.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yeah that would be awesome Zesu, I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys roll in at once.

Since people were asking about time on AiB (more specifically people were saying they would attend if we moved it back to around 5) I wanted to address it here too. I talked to Josh, the person supervising this, and he stated unless he could get another staff member to cover Saturday, its just not possible to drastically change the schedule I currently have up. I will keep you guys posted to see if he does get someone, but do not count on it at this point.

At any rate, about a week left for this!

Pikachugirl

Banned via Administration
If only there was a way we could make singles start later... Oh, well, lol. Lol, it seems so funny to play Brawl where I used to swim. I can't wait for this! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Posted some pictures of some of the space we will be using!
Get hyped guys, this is a great venue in terms of space.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Happy Thanksgiving guys!

If we have too few people attending, I plan on having the payout only for the top two people, as was suggested on AiB. Anyone have a problem with this? I suspect I will only be doing this for doubles, though.

Also, with the seemingly low attendance door prizes probably wont be there OR they wont be what I originally had in mind. Well, I'll probably still have door prizes, but they wont be as good as planned prior, but still there nonetheless.

One other thing we may not be having is a concession stand that I hinted at. Maybe we'll just order pizza after singles lol. Whatever you guys wanna do!

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Ah man, I wish I knew about this earlier. Like pikachugirl I used to swim there too. It's a really nice place. Well, aside from the pool. That pool is the worst pool I've ever been to.

Will there be another one of these in another month or so? That'd be awesome.

Top Bottom