• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BISB 2 - Brawl Is Serious Business 2 Tourney Result

swordgard

Smash Hero
SSBB Singles
1: Ally
2: Swordgard
3: Holy
4: Dom
5: Stroumbert
5: Mar1
7: Knuckles
7: Agora
9: Guard
9: Hidef
9: Fornaxx
9: Buenob
13: Cemo
13: Jerry3333
13: Kingkong
13: Techiyo
17: Alpho
17: Elite_Viet
17: Haze
17: Linkshot
17: S17
17: Znot
17: Hells
17: Cynan
25: Hate
25: Steb
25: Frr
25: Earthmaze
25: Nevermind
25: SnowD

SSBB Doubles
1. Ally and Holy
2. Joel and Dom
3. Swordgard and Kingkong
Who else, bracket did not save.

Melee Singles
1: Vwins
2: Kage
3: chester
4: Pest
5: PKMVodka
5: TECT
7: Steb
7: Zac
9: Ally
9: Joel
9: Phatuik
9: Kr3wman
13: Samthedigital
13: Swordgard
13: Jerry3333
13: Vrud

Brawl Low tiers singles
2: Holy
3: Joel
4: Stroumbert
5: Swordgard
5: Kage
7: Kingkong
9: Linkshot
9: Mar1
9: Knuckles
9: Guard
13: Hate
13: Haze
13: Buenob
13: Stephan
17: Jerry3333
17: Earthmaze
17: Hidef
17: Schto
17: Frank
17: Hells
17: Vir
17: Milord
25: L2P
25: Elmo
25: Cynan
25: Anich

Brawl + Singles
2: Holy
3: Joel
4: Kingkong
5: Swordgard
5: Chester
7: Fizzi
9: Jerry3333
9: Techiyo
9: Ragekev!
13: Kr3wman

swordgard

Smash Hero
I don't know but I just realized how good you and agora are together, alway placing good in doubles. Just a bit more and you got top 3.
They are definitely really good. Great teamwork, the only thing that i feel they really should improve on is CP on chars/stages.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Brawl + Singles
1: Ally (Wario)
2: Holy(Rob)
3: Joel (Wolf)
4: Kingkong(Bowser)
5: Swordgard(Lucario)
5: Chester(Fox)
7: Fizzi
9: Jerry3333
9: Techiyo
9: Ragekev!(Luigi)
13: Kr3wman(Falcon)
Dunnow for the rest

Kinda sad i did not knew any of my comboes until halfway through the tourney XD. Lucario is really good though O.o

cemo

white walker
i saw someone playing jigglypuff(jerry?), i assume steb went lucas, and i saw fizzi playing DDD and... Snake?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I wasn't at this, but I have 2 personal shoutouts from what I saw.

Swordgard: Very impress you beat Ally in winners semis, that is by far a remarkable accomplishment.

Dom: You have the best Snake camping i've ever seen ( the match vs Holy on Halberd ), if you keep working on that you can be near Ally's level, keep it up.

P.S: Joel is a sexy *****.

filauc

Smash Journeyman
I like playing against Kage at SF4, each times he wins he makes comments, but when he starts losing....

swordgard

Smash Hero
I wasn't at this, but I have 2 personal shoutouts from what I saw.

Swordgard: Very impress you beat Ally in winners semis, that is by far a remarkable accomplishment.

Dom: You have the best Snake camping i've ever seen ( the match vs Holy on Halberd ), if you keep working on that you can be near Ally's level, keep it up.

P.S: Joel is a sexy *****.
Thanks, and your right about dom. Hes very very very very good at camping. And he just wont die !

Also shoutouts laters!

buenob

Smash Lord
I had a tonne of fun at this tournament... a little sleep-deprivation doesn't hurt anyone (just look at ally and holy, who rocked 0 sleep all tournament), but it does make for terrible conversation between games lol

shoutouts will come later, too good... thanks sword for hosting!

i've gotta switch to stick in BB so I can go to tournaments and not john...

Agora

Smash Journeyman
We really do suck balls at Counter Picking ;A;

SG: Even if it was using the Ice Climbers, I was really impressed at your performance. Else I'd have left the venue as soon as it would have become Ally vs Holy XD

Techiyo: F*cking MVP, dude. 3 stock come back with a footstool Dair spike? Win. SG's right, though, we really gotta sort out our Counter Picking strats.

Buenob: Truth is, I really did pick Rainbow Cruise in hopes of bull**** happening, my wish was granted! Most epic ditto ROB games I've experienced. I've finally evaded getting booted out of brackets by you XD

FRR: Even though the position you got makes it seem bad, I saw you play and you definitely deserved a higher position. Keep at it!

Mar1: I'll admit I never saw you coming, even if I tried to second DK in the past, and I picked ROB, you managed to beat me. Both matches were really tight and we both played our best game, so I have little regret in my defeat, good job getting fifth.

All the Doubles teams we faced: Way to make our progression a pain in the ***!

Shoutout to all Blazblue Players:
Where were all you guys since the game's release? Me, Steb, Agony, Sphyra, FRR, Phen and others were all depressed about the lack of a community around Montreal. Isn't there any way we can start something, or were all you guys from some nowhere town an hour away from Montreal? : P

kr3wman

Smash Master
Brawl + Singles
1: Ally (Wario)
2: Holy(Rob)
3: Joel (Wolf)
4: Kingkong(Bowser)
5: Swordgard(Lucario)
5: Chester(Fox)
7: Fizzi (Snake, DDD)
7: Steb (Lucas)
9: Jerry3333 (Jiggs, Marth)
9: Techiyo (Falco)
9: Ragekev!(Luigi)
13: Kr3wman(Falcon)
Dunnow for the rest

Kinda sad i did not knew any of my comboes until halfway through the tourney XD. Lucario is really good though O.o
I played like a ******* like every other tournament.

oh well. It's kinda sad the most fun I had was not playing smash.

EDIT : And ****ing linkshot that went into the room where we were sleeping and started shouting that doubles were starting.

God ****ing dammit.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i'm gonna learn how to cancel focus attack into ex bear hug. best be frightened!
That doesn't work!!!

I like playing against Kage at SF4, each times he wins he makes comments, but when he starts losing....
So does every other people I play against in any game. It's fun! =D

I played like a ******* like every other tournament.

oh well. It's kinda sad the most fun I had was not playing smash.

EDIT : And ****ing linkshot that went into the room where we were sleeping and started shouting that doubles were starting.

God ****ing dammit.
If you don't like the game or it brings you sadness then don't play it. But if you want to get better then first you gotta realize that you suck and improve your weaknesses.

Edit: You should only be pissed in the next few seconds after a loss.. after that don't dwell in the past, it hurts you and the others around you.

kr3wman

Smash Master
****ing dammit. I knew it, I ****ing knew it.

Even if it wasn't you kage, even if it wasn't, someone had to comment on it.

****ing ****.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
i've gotta switch to stick in BB so I can have fun because playing stick is super fun
Shoutout to all Blazblue Players:
Where were all you guys since the game's release? Me, Steb, Agony, Sphyra, FRR, Phen and others were all depressed about the lack of a community around Montreal. Isn't there any way we can start something, or were all you guys from some nowhere town an hour away from Montreal? : P
werd yo. Ranbats or regular mini tournaments would be sweet.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
****ing dammit. I knew it, I ****ing knew it.

Even if it wasn't you kage, even if it wasn't, someone had to comment on it.

****ing ****.
What's so wrong about that?

Melee Singles
1: Vwins (Peach)
2: Kage (Ganon)
3: chester (Fox)
4: Pest (Falco/Falcon)
5: PKMVodka (Various)
5: TECT (Fox)
7: Steb (Sheik)
7: Zac (Falcon, Marth, Sheik? I think)
9: Ally (Falcon)
9: Joel (Young Link/Falcon)
9: Fhatuik (Falco)
9: Kr3wman (Falcon/Marth)
13: Samthedigital (Jiggs)
13: Swordgard (Falco)
13: Jerry3333 (Fox/Marth)
13: Vrud (Falco)

jerry3333

Smash Cadet
Yeah I didn't chaingrab, but I got chaingrab

I mean wtf... Ally didn't make a real chaingrab, but he always mindgamed me to get another grab >_> I think next time I'll only freeplay melee xD. No melee tourneys =O

kr3wman

Smash Master
What's so wrong about that?

Melee Singles
1: Vwins (Peach)
2: Kage (Ganon)
3: chester (Fox)
4: Pest (Falco/Falcon)
5: PKMVodka (Various)
5: TECT (Fox)
7: Steb (Sheik)
7: Zac (Falcon, Marth, Sheik? I think)
9: Ally (Falcon)
9: Joel (Young Link/Falcon)
9: Fhatuik (Falco)
9: Kr3wman (Falcon/Marth)
13: Samthedigital (Jiggs)
13: Swordgard (Falco)
13: Jerry3333 (Fox/Marth)
13: Vrud (Falco)
I'm tired and your post didn't address anything about the situation I was in.

:/

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
This was worth going to. I would also like to comment about Brawl+ having now tried it in a true competitive setting. I must say the game held up pretty well being run through a tournament. People say things like "there's so much bull****, it's not competitive". This statement is baseless.

Watching Brawl+ was enjoyable, in fact in that regard Brawl+ definitely trumps vBrawl. It's not as fun to watch as watching good melee players but it was definitely good. There were some tense moments, like with Chet vs Holy just to name one and I actually did enjoy watching.

And to comment on the actual playing competitiveness of the game, it is no worse than vBrawl and is a hellofalot more fun to play. Some people (notice I said some, don't flame those who don't) consider vBrawl to be competitive and tournaments get large turnouts.

Really all I'm trying to say is I enjoyed the Brawl+ tournament and I encourage more events like this in the future (c'mon zaf).

EDIT:
I also want to mention I think the major drawback to having Brawl+ tournaments is that it is literally impossible to pull in "ordinary" players. It will always be very difficult to get a large turnout. I think Brawl+ will be doomed to mostly side-events for it's entire life.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Melee Freeplay club, Jerry XDD

I'll never play Melee seriously. Not enough confidence and G&W is far too fun to stop playing.

Fukyeh! Best Low Tier in Ottawa!

@Techiyo: ****ing Toon Link, man. I should've had that. I wasn't thinking clearly enough about my baiting options because you were at 180%, and the only thing going through my mind was "JUST ****ING DIE! I WANT SLEEP"

To clarify my stance on hacks:
I prefer bBrawl, but I will continue playing vBrawl as long as it's the tournament standard.
I don't hate Brawl+. It's a very fun game and I will agree now that it's far more balanced than the impression I was given. I just prefer to be able to use my mind more than my reflexes, so I'd rather play vBrawl.

jerry3333

Smash Cadet
''Just take it that way. It is like brawl, but it is fun'' lolz that quotes says everything =D

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Do you have the BlazBlue results? I wanna see that too.

The tournament was a lot of fun and it went pretty well. Sleeping on a desk isn't too fun though.

I got 7th in every tournament I participated in. SEVEN!!!
I didn't actually participate in vBrawl singles, so that 25th doesn't count. I was way too tired by then. I don't want cut another eyebrow by rage quitting again. I'll participate next time.

Some shoutouts:

swordgard: Thanks for hosting the tournament. Congrats on taking a set off Ally. Lucas dittos still suck though.

Ally: Our Melee set was close again. You read my moves a lot, but yeah, I play Sheik. Congrats on winning every Brawl event, especially Brawl+. We got embarrassed, lol.

Agora/Techiyo: Good job guys! Too bad tio doesn't like you.

Kev: PSI Magnet.

Phen: You know that quarter I won from our judgment hammer money match? I had just enough change to buy my food. I'm sorry about your coffee though.

filauc: Nice to see you again. Come to SF weeklies sometime.

Sphyra: Nice to see you agian too. Its too bad we played terribly in the tournament. After a bunch of matches, it was pretty clear we should have warmed up.

buenob: Your Tao is so much harder than I thought it would be. I gotta learn the match up.

BlazBlue guys if you're somehow reading this: There is a lot more interest in BlazBlue in Montreal than I thought. We gotta find a place to play more often.

tect

Smash Journeyman
great games all around! i'm happy to see that almost two years after my last tournament the experience is still too sick!

i'd like to thank everyone for all of the melee friendlies and for the epicness of the melee tourney!

this was my first time playing in a smashboards-advertised brawl tourney, and i only played in doubles but it was lots of fun. i got ***** by a team (or two) but doubles are so much more intense than singles so yer. much love to haze!

shouts to buenob for paying my brawl entry fee! that was raeepe.
chet our set was too intense, thanks for all the shine spikes!
thanks to vwins for the set, friendlies, and the advice! (and for taking my money <3)
ally, i have the impression that you really like melee, maybe i'm wrong, but play more and learn! it's too sick to pass up with all of your skills! p.s. my gf loves kitty-chan, she made me wear a bracelet for a year. your controller makes you her hero!

overnight tournaments are pretty much the greatest.

be on the lookout for a kingston tournament! melee, brawl, and brawl+
we will announce a tourney in the next little while. i hope to see lots of toronto players, and for montreal players... it's only a little further than ottawa ^_^

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Shoutoutz, I guess.

Swordgard: Good **** man. Almost won the tourney. Don't choke next time ok? Thanks for the 5 bucks, haha, though I feel like I should give it back, it was mostly a joke.

Ally: Grats. nuff said. Oh and buy some glasses so you can see and click yourself when the screen is on the projector.

Holy: Twas fun during our teams. Always fun hanging with you.

Agora: I feel like we did even better than last time, even if we got one place lower, the attendance was definitely more challenging. Indeed, instructing ourselves correctly about cp could rly help us lolz. Grats on beating me in Singles and then Buenob. I think my road would have stopped right after you if I'd won haha. Happy for you.

Frr: Keep working on your ZSS, we need another one to replace vwins.

LinkShot and the guy that teamed with him: I totally shouldn't have won that match. It was like Canadien Habs, playing badly but winning anyways for no reason. Your chars are good, Link Shot, your lucario is daaaamn scary.

Guard: nice seeing you again.

KingKong: I'm still mad at those B+ Matches. Such a stupid game. Grats anyway on getting that far. Good **** in team with SG.

Joel and Dom: You guys are... amazing in team. I can't even find words to describe how good you guys are, it's just amazing. Dom doesn't die, and Mario is full of bull**** lol. Grats on 2nd place.

Buenob: Nice friendlies, I still hate your rob lol.

Fornax and the guy that teamed with him(nvm?): I totally tought we'd lost to you guys lol. Fornax, we totally should play some friendly singles sometime, we never played before I think :O

Hells: You, my friend, will be my best rival for the years to come. Good **** in team with mar1, you should've went toon link in 3rd match instead of staying mk :/ MORE TL DITTOS SON!

mar1: As always, I'm impressed. I watched some matches and played with you in doubles only, and I'm always amazed by how good and scary your DK is.

s17: Sorry for ''not going easy'' on you. I just feel that if I do, I won't play my best for the next matches, which will gets me mad, which will brings me to mroe lose, and so on. Your rob needs more camp.

Guess thats it. Didn't play anyone else I think. Thanks for the tourney sg, it went really well, except a few extra set-ups could've help, but it's not like it's your fault directly, so.

Top Bottom