• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GFSC + Z-Drop

TheMike

Smash Lord
That's probably the best way for ROB to make good use of Z-Drop as he sucks above most of the characters =X

For the ones who don't know what GFSC(Grounded Foot Stool Comboing) is,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWiQTh63_XU

For ROB to perform this, he(it?) has to have a Gyro with him and use Z-Drop as a Momentum Canceling. It's similar to what TL does on the video, but instead of throwing the item down, only Z-Drop. Then, you can Fast Fall Fair and catch the Gyro. Now, you can Glide Toss to the direction that Fair sent the opponent.

Everybody knows that Fair also trip, but using this a set up for Jab Lock is pretty difficult. Also, I'd much rather hitting the opponent with a Smash or something else than with the Gyro. But that's up to you.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I was unaware that Z dropping canceled your momentum, nice.

Idk how useful this will be in a match but ill give it a try later and see what i can come up with.

thanks =]

-and when watching the vid lucas starts his with a trip and ends it with them tripped, he could potentially use another dtilt for a force get up and lead into another footstool combo, I see Tyr combo similar to this (minus the footstool) alot and my original thought was a potential infinite or near infinite, could mainly work on large characters since im sure smaller characters can DI out of the dair. Either way i shouldnt bring up anything that could hurt us ROBs...

TheMike

Smash Lord
(poor meta :crying::crying:)
That made me laugh lol

And by the way, as I have said, ROB sucks above most of characters, and Footstooling(I mean, GFSC) is one of the ways to make good use of the Z-Drop. It's not so useful, but it's good to know.

Sudai

Stuff here
You might have buffered too fast. 'Grab' is programmed as pressing 'shield' and 'attack' at the same time. It's not really its own stand alone attack. That's why you'll get things like buffering jabs instead of grabs, and I'm guessing is the same reason you're throwing it instead of dropping it since the alternate 'drop' command in the air is Air dodge > A button.. aka 'Shield' > 'Attack'. ;]

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Oh! That makes sense, thank you sire.
From when I did it before, I was about two inches away after footstooling the CPU, and he still threw it as if I'm pressing "A". I was pretty fairly up there to where it looks like I should just be dropping it. I will have to try it in a better frame then, thanks for explaining that.

flamemetal3

Smash Rookie
I had like no where else to post this but, I had a quick fact for R.O.B.

~Did you know that R.O.B. flies higher with Up+B if you repeatedly tap B while he's ascending? It makes him go at least 5 character heights higher than by just normally holding B. But in exchange, he is also less versatile moving horizontally.

I like this Grounded Footstool Comboing stuff it's pretty cool. I never knew anything about it.

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
I play with TyR every other day here, what was the combo your meant fo rhim? i dont think i fully understood. This may be an old thread but i was just reading through and know the guy so i wanted to mess around with it. and i was a little interested in the technique. Thanks

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I play with TyR every other day here, what was the combo your meant fo rhim? i dont think i fully understood. This may be an old thread but i was just reading through and know the guy so i wanted to mess around with it. and i was a little interested in the technique. Thanks
Are you MidWest? Ohio? Cinci? you've got no location listed and If your around here and go to tourneys I might be able to help you out sometime.

But I was talking about a variation of the typical Lucas combo of Dair > Dtilt > Dtilt > Usmash. Tyr does it often and depending on the trip mechanics throwing a footstool in there could extend the combo.

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
ya my bad, i never set my location. i finally settled on a main though and its rob, so for anyone in the tri county hit me up. Im in cinci ohio, 22 male, live in clifton, have alot of friends who play. just a bio for anyone who wants to play and doesn't wanna come see a 13 year old kid lol. i know there are some around here from the boards but ive only met the god kais crew. and i want to make it to some tournies, just super busy with school. that aside, let me know if you wanna play sometime, smoke or drink in my house, doesnt matter. give me notice and ill try to round up some of the others.

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
my bad. i got excited lol. but actually i did try this move today and i like it alot. im not sure how easy it will be to use against real people but i was just messin with a 9 snake and it was real nice for bairs and fairs. im gonna try it with someone tomorrow hopefully. and sorry bout the post sudai.

Top Bottom