• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
I think its so funny how biased this is. w/e tho. in essence this power ranking or w/e doesn't even matter cuz none of you travel or go to tournaments that actually matter. except of course the few ppl who actually do ( i dont think i need to say who)

Linguini

Smash Master
eli speaks the truth lol, you guys stay in your bubble while only myself,eli,and blea travel. after pound will eli surpass you all!?!?!?!

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I think its so funny how biased this is. w/e tho. in essence this power ranking or w/e doesn't even matter cuz none of you travel or go to tournaments that actually matter. except of course the few ppl who actually do ( i dont think i need to say who)
Well not everyone has to means to travel, by all means if I had a steady job and time. I could I'd definitely board a plane with you all. Oh and regardless on traveling experience it tends to dwindle and go away after an x amount of time. At least that's what chops says.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
lol jason, i dont know if im top try because i dont know almost anything about how you guys vs other ppl, i just dont know if im top 2 top 3 top 17, but jason, ur right, i just got here, and everyone has to play luigi because u dont knowthis matchup, u wanna know what r the characters i used toplay in venezuela? falcon, fox, marth, samus, and soooometimes falco.. thats all.. i didnt play no ganon, no pica, no roy, no sheik, no peach, no nothing... ask. . .

so as this is for you, ir is for me... also, if ppl were not doing good wif luigi, not talking about fl, talking in winterfest, o wouldnt do as i did in friendlyes, and i played ppl used to luigi..

not saying im thebest, im saying that is as hard for me to get used to so many different characters, when u jus gotta get used to 1. . .

talking about tops, i only know linguini is top 1, because he still *****, and i was watching esam playing, and he is mad good, i think he just needs stop playing brawl, because i could see how intelligent he is, he could be easly top 2, top 3

spider_sense

Smash Champion
speaking of traveling. we should go to wato. also is anyone down to smash tonight?
N!gga you crazy! You know it's 30 outside tonight right? lol

@ Blea - Yeah don't take it as a stab at your skill, you're very good, but we just need to adjust and whatnot to your character and then your play style.

@ Eli I invite a personal challenge a $20 MM My Ganon vs Your Falcon after Herb, not Pound. How bout it? I'm totally serious too. lol

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Wow im loving the **** that we talking about. I feel our bubble is gonna get good. Eli like jason not all of can travel. Im sorry not all of us have the luxury to buy tickets pay hotel and pay fees and transportation fees as well. The rankings i did can be slightly bias because i made it as i see fit. I asked how people felt and i have got some nice feed back. If you see something wrong please let me know how you feel. You been getting better but even with you traveling as far as mm and tournaments go you still come up short. Jason you can come tomorrow just let me know what time. I invite everyone as well to come to my place if you want. Also jason im not top 3 just yet. I think i have the potential but i havent pulled threw just yet.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Oh ya just because your not familiar with a certain match up thats no excuse. When tournament matches are played you bring everything you got to the table. Before i got to tournaments i watch and study videos as well as read up on the sheik boards. Yes because you don't have experience in a match up can help you lose but its not an excuse which is one reason why you travel to big tourneys. Also to experience different play styles. I played smash in 3 ****ing states so i seen alot and played a nice amount. For example ya i lost to blea but thats my fault. Not because i don't have luigi experience. Although that could play apart to why i lose.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Oh ya just because your not familiar with a certain match up thats no excuse. When tournament matches are played you bring everything you got to the table. Before i got to tournaments i watch and study videos as well as read up on the sheik boards. Yes because you don't have experience in a match up can help you lose but its not an excuse which is one reason why you travel to big tourneys. Also to experience different play styles. I played smash in 3 ****ing states so i seen alot and played a nice amount. For example ya i lost to blea but thats my fault. Not because i don't have luigi experience. Although that could play apart to why i lose.
Well watching vids and reading "How to beat so-and-so" can only take you so far, you need to actually play and gain familiarity with the said character. I guaranteed if you played a good player like Green mario (In his prime) Axe or whoever plays non traditional characters, you'd be given a run for your money.

Also people learn differently. Some players can automatically learn matchups after getting ***** multiple times, other can watch vids and learn that way, some people you have to tell them what to do, etc. I honestly do think you don't know how to fight luigi. Though the match up may be in your favor.

Oh and how about sometime on the evening. PM your number broseph and we shall discuss politics over a ravishing game of super smash brothers melee.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Brawl made me smarter in melee by a ****load. I can predict way more now, and it doesn't really mess up my tech skill. You guys are so hateful.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Brawl made me smarter in melee by a ****load. I can predict way more now, and it doesn't really mess up my tech skill. You guys are so hateful.
haha don't associate me with brawl haters, I just hate the slow paced, campy, chaingrabby, everyone plays MK to win, aspect of it. Other than that, it's not such a bad game. I'll MM Esam my Snake vs your other characters (not your Pika) for 50 cents. :p

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I don't hate brawl. I mean lucas ***** so **** hard <.<. Also yes your right jason i agree but still. Anyway here my number im to lazy too pm you 786 487 5621

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
@ jason- i was gonna quit after pound or at least slow down. but if i go to herb which i'm probably gonnna end up doing. i'll take up ur $20 mm. oh is anybody down to smash today or is everybody smashing tmrw?

almost forgot @ nicaboy- ure totally right tho. i have this thing for playin really good in the friendlies then tourney or mm time i choke or i play bad. oh well hopefully pound will teach me around that.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol u cant quit smash eli,u can try at least but theres no point. I did once for like 2 months and I just came back fiending even more hah.

feek im down to play around 5, ur place ?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
If that was directed at me, that's great (Tony the Tiger voice)!

Jason, who is that duck in your avatar? It looks familiar.
lol Dunno. I found it whilst lurking /b/ and I thought it looked funny.

and yeah Eli, this will probably be my biggest MM. We can do 5 sets if you want. Haha we should all meet up at ZP tonight, hopefully it's not freezing enough for everyone to make the trip.

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
no *** that emilio. u're not stealing crispyone from this smashfest. rafael come to zp!!!!!!!!!

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Haha. "Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?"

Emilio, I won't be down to play until 7 or 8 due to dinner and gf. Let's just set up something over the weekend if you want.

This cold weather is nothing. :goes back to his snuggie:

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
well alright. u should of said that. maybe dop could take me over to raphael or ur house???

nicaboy

Smash Champion
If emillio gets ralph jason and dop are all mine. Im free the rest of the day. Jason i need a ride. Oh and eli i hope you can break through. I find keeping calm helps a **** load even if you lose. It helped me alot this weekend even after kevin 3 stocked my ***.

precision

Smash Cadet
jason come to my house right now1111!!!!!!!!! hit me up 305 493 9376

yeah i saw that nica. kevins a beast when he wants to be.

Dop

Smash Journeyman
i also wish to engage in smashtivities today.
gotta watch a brown movie with my mom first... hopefully itll have subtitles or else im screwed.

its called three idiots though... and with a name like that- god**** i hope it has subtitles.

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
good ****. definitely clutch. i need to get that tournament mindset better. to tell u the truth i think that dops playstyle is so good. watch him play. he gives no room. no room for air or error. just constant pressure. i need that. I'm getting better at it but its hard to be consistent. especially in tournament.

Top Bottom