• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carlton - Smash at the eGames Expo, Royal Exhibition Building (OCT 31-NOV 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The team of wubs at CouchWarriors are making an appearance next weekend at the eGames/IDEF expo; it is the country’s largest digital lifestyle and videogames expo, located in the building where Australia was born.

So to feed Melbourne’s post-Rocky blues and gain the exposure everyone wants, I’ve volunteered my time and resources once again to support Smash Bros. Brawl and Melee at eGames on October 31 and November 1, 2009.

http://www.egamesexpo.com.au/

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'll be there on the Sunday at least. Can bring a console setup with HD cables, and large quantities of ****. Also I'll be cosplaying XD

ViVa

Smash Ace
My brother told me he has tickets for this and he asked me if I wanted to go, maybe I'll see some of you guys there ;)

Who are cosplaying as vermy? <3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
keen to help you run stuff, if that requires rocking up early and such or simply being the errand boy, all i need to know is my work roster first then ill let you know if i can come (:

your dedication never ceases to amaze me David "CAOTIC" Cao

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Umm...

We have very limited space, and this isn't a typical bring whatever gear everyone can, as everything has to be tested and tagged.

Right now I'm of the opinion that I could probably get Smash two setups total, but I'm not 100% on this. Treat purely as a way to promote the smash scene, and any tournament should be extremely informal, small and with a relaxed ruleset.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
cosplay and you get in for free!! (not 100% confirmed but it was like that for the last 2 years)

this is NOT at the melbourne exhibition centre this year make sure you dont forget that

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Cosplay isn't free this year.

Also, unfortunately we can't do Smash. They just want pure exhibition stuff, so SF4 on Saturday and Tekken 6 on Sunday for people that want to come.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
awwww
brawl would bring a way bigger crowd than tekken

thousands of 11 year old brawl kids thinking they're top **** (like me)

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I think Tekken is gonna be bigger than SF4, mostly because it's an unreleased game thats being hyped all over game media right now. The sort of people that eat that **** up are the sort of people that come to these events.

I do agree though. We'll see where we are at next year.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i dont think tekken 6 is gonna top the hype for sf4 especially now they r gonna nerf some chars in super street fighter 4 its gonna get more interesting by the by i cant make it to egames besides nintendo are not going to be there this year they are gonna prepare for heartgold and soul silvers connection tour release next year

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Tekken easily has a bigger scene due to it's pretty basic juggling nature (imo). That plus you might think the scene isn't big because most of the competitive tekken people tend to only play in arcades and not on console so much =)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
no, i'm saying that tekken has already been out on console and is not used by competitve players for tournaments as they prefer arcade-only tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom