• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked V [11/7/09] MD/VA, tristate, South, get in on this! [POUND 4 RULESET]

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
team UMD is whipping out their Unfortunately Massive ***** to bring you

SHELL SHOCKED V

When:11/7/09
Where: La Plata Basement, University of Maryland:College Park
Time: Start showing up at 10 at the earliest, registration will start at 11 and teams will start at 12.
Entry fee:
Singles $10
Teams $10 per person. Subject to change if enough people want prices up or down, but $10 entry fees seem to be the happy medium for those who are driving a fair distance and expect to win money and those who live close and just want a tourney.
There is no venue fee as per usual.

Directions:

From the campus drive entrance off of route 1.

When you get to the circle on campus drive, take your first right onto regents drive. Then take a left onto Farm Drive. You will pass two parking lots on your left, lots dd and qq, both are free parking. If you keep going up the road just a bit farther you'll come to La Plata on your left. If you have setups to drop off before parking, keep driving up past la plata and make your first left turn, you'll be behind la plata in a tiny parking lot, it'll make it easy to take your setups in.

DRAFT CREWS?
I <3 crews, and I'd love to get some going. I was going to suggest MD v VA crews, but we might have some Oos folks and I wouldn't want to leave them out. Thoughts?
Contact info:

ChRed: Phone-240-778-4089
Aim: ChRed2AKrisp
Chivalruse: Phone-442-847-3233
Aim: Chivalruse

If there is anyone who is ridiculously OOS or just wants to spend the night, I have a comfy couch and a comfy armchair chair that DosV vomited on, and a carpeted floor if you're really desperate but I would bring some kind of sleeping pad for that.

MELEE RULESET

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is banned? Or not? I'm sure chu would appreciate the latter XD.
* You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch. Mewtwo's soul stunner is NOT banned. If you can make that happen in a tournament match, you win the tournament. I doubt anyone here will disagree with this.
* Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
* Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
* Dave's Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.

Singles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Singles counterpick stages---

Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
DK64
PokeFloats

Counterpicks are in debate. Pound 4 is banning mute city and green greens I think, in spirit of preparation for pound should we ban them?

Doubles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story

Doubles counterpick stages---

DK64
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

I'm banning jungles japes for teams because that has to be the most ******** teams stage ever. Green greens as well maybe. Again, subject to debate.

Counterpick Rules---

First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which sticks for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

Following rounds: Loser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, loser chooses character.

You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

A lot of MD/VA players want melee tourneys to start up again in our region, and several specifically requested us to host. So that's what we're doing. My laptop is actually going to die so I'll update this later tonight XD.

Setups: Bring setups people! We have no venue fee because we supply our own stuff. Bringing just cubes is good too, we might have extra TVs here. There's already no venue fee, so the incentive to bring **** is to make this not suck.

1. Team UMD- 4 or 5.

Attendants
1. ChRed
2. Voodoo
3. Chivalruse
4. Rebel581
5. Aeroshadow?
6. Tin
7. Winston
8. Wenbo
9. THumbswayup
10. Shinku
11. Skyheart
12. Chinesah
13. Darkness Of Heart
14. Scar
15. Noface
16. Plank
17. G-reg
18. Newb
19. Dj Nintendo
20. Gmoney
21. HBK
22. Betazealot
23. Boss
24.DosV
25. Rei
26. Chudat
27. Chillin
28. Azen
29. trinityWolf
30.ChaosKnight
31.Eggm
32.Jman
33.Alukard
34. PB&J
35. Pakman
36.neverknows best
37. Mogwai
38. Swiftbass
39. Lambchops?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Or this modified European ruleset

Stage Striking

How Stagestriking works:

You play 1 game of rock/paper/scissors with youre opponent.The winner gets to strike a stage first. After this the loser will strike 2 stages and the winner may strike the last stage. This way 1 of the random stages is being played in the first game. (in teams Fountain of dreams will be replaced by Stadium.)

Random stages:
Final destination
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Fountain of dreams
Yoshi's story

Counterpick stages:

Mute City
Rainbow ride
Kongo jungle 64
Pokemon Stadium

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Oh I was gonna try the spoc stage striking system, who went and liked that?

I'll most likely go pound ruleset though.

JFox

Smash Hero
chred, u should put melee somewhere in the tourney. i never would have checked this had it not been for someone mentioning it in a separate thread.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm going to come to this ... doubles money matches ?

some singles MMs as well =]

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hi i'm falcon, i'm going to approach you with a nair! Except I'm not because the platform is going to stop the second hit from coming out. It's also going to stop my dair from happening.

Sorry plank, fountain is very gay. At least stadium tells you what it's going to turn into. As opposed to randomly lowering and raising platforms.

"I'm going to tech away!. Oh wait a platform came out of the ground and now i'm tech rolling on the edge of it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Because stadium doesn't ever stop people from teching/rolling when the stage changes. Or hell, when the stage is even CHANGED and there's a gay little lip. Because a stage is bad for falcon doesn't mean it's less neutral than stadium. Stop being butthurt. lol

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Nah that happens to every character. I also just hate the idea of platforms your head sticks through, no matter the character. Also when stadium changes you know it's going to change so you just play a bit more carefully.

Albeit I would be happiest if someone hacked stadium and made it never change. Then it would be a great stage.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Could you hack stadium, make it never change, and fox the edges so you can actually see when ur trying to edgeguard someone? that'd be nice.

Alukard

Smash Hero
me and dj are taking MM's vs our mario and luigi ... maximum 5$ a person minimum 1$ per match tho =]

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I hope it does

if so....

aite the gloves are off...me and eggm taking this. And if we drop a set its because we wanna come from losers and if we drop a game its cuz we feel sry for you.

Alukard

Smash Hero
me and g$ are going to eat everyone alive at this ... seriously ... come see us =]

also me and dj are taking money matches vs our mario and luigi =]

Top Bottom