• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Houston Brawl Fest(10/24/09) Full results

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sweet, so Dugfinn got us this sweet cozy little room for a U of H brawl fest/Tourney. It was a small event but alot of the players there were very solid. We even got to see the legendary WIFI MASTER(samboner) show up and play for a bit. The finals in both teams and singles were split but were played out.

1vs1

1: Gnes (Diddy)
2: Fliphop (Diddy)
3: Ozz (Falco)
4: Zori (Olimar)
5: Jerm (Toon Link)
5: Trela (Lucario)
7: CY (Wario)
7: Mr. 3000 (Sonic)
9: Popertop (Wario)
9: Esca (Metaknight/pit)
9: T-Rex (Snake)
9: Smoom (Ice Climbers)
13: Pimpslap (Snake)
13: Furbs (Kirby)
13: David T (Luigi)
13: KRD (Wolf)
17: Ryan
17: Shattered
17: jS (Donkey)
17: Kyle
17: Player 4 (Metaknight/Pit)
17: Rockettrainer (Lucario)

2vs2

1: The Anubis Strategy (jerm [toon link] + trela [lucario])
2: Gnes+zori ([Diddy] and [Olimar])
3: 5 letter S word (T-rex [Snake] + 3000 [Sonic])
4: Nagger&Boner (Stiltz [Metaknight] + Seiya [Game&Watch])
5: Kathleen Andrews& Steven Dailey (esca [Metaknight] + cy [Wario])
5: Greatest Team of all time (FlipHop [Diddy] + Who? [Peach])
7: Ozz and Furbs (Ozz [Metaknight] + furbs [Kirby])
7: My Zair has a boner (Samboner [Fox] + Xyro [Samus])
9: Space Thunder Kids (Player 4 [Metaknight] + pop [Metaknight/GW])
9: Dina+krd ([Kirby + DDD/Wolf])
9: Smoom+Js ([ICs + DK])

Smoom77

Smash Master
Representing the ICs! :)

Btw, KRD used D3 not Wolf.

1: Gnes (Diddy): Wow, just wow. I'll take atleast one stock next time.
2: Fliphop (Diddy): GGs, it's funny how if I don't get a grab, I suck.
5: Trela (Lucario): Play me in atleast one friendly next time. D:
9: Smoom (Ice Climbers)
13: KRD (D3): So many friendlies, so many...ggs.
17: Player 4 (Metaknight/Pit): Thanks for driving! You'll make it somewhere next time.
17: Rockettrainer (Lucario): Wow, that was the most hyped matched I've played. Nerve-racking.

Zori

Smash Champion
1: Gnes (Diddy) - thanks for carrying me thu team lol, im so bad in doubles its ridiculous. You have such a good mentality even when we lost your mind was on grand finals you definitively helped me get better this tournament. Your diddy is something eles those power shields left me speechless
2: Fliphop (Diddy)- i gave up even before the match started :( i dont know what to do vs diddy he hard counters my style, good stuff getting second
3: Ozz (Falco)- good stuff
4: Zori (Olimar)- trash
5: Jerm (Toon Link)- good games our matches are always close ill see whats up for pound 4
5: Trela (Lucario)- you have gotten a lot better next time we meet its a wrap :}
7: CY (Wario)- I finally beat a wario D : my new strat vs him kinda worked, good games i hate brinstar
7: Mr. 3000 (Sonic)-good job in teams
9: Esca (Metaknight) -im practicing random
13: David T (Luigi)-gg's
17: Rockettrainer (Lucario)- my falco is watching you

i hate diddy

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Lol inui i was really close to getting 2nd. last hit match on lylat and i wouldve won the set but he got it. then next match flip adapted and won by a good amount. I barely beat flip in winners, me and him go almost hit for hit in our matches. Gnes however, ***** me like no other. like no other. the guy is just so good at this game its mindblowing. at least razer has openings, lol.

shoutouts later

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
nah i meant like, gnes is really good, he is harder for me to fight than razer. its because it seems like gnes doesnt have openings and razer does. im simply saying gnes is the hardest person ive ever fought in tourny

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Shoutouts-

Teammate
Greg- Once we figure out our team we'll be better :D

1: Gnes (Diddy/Snake For Fliphop GF)- Fun matches like always. 2 stock, 2 stock 2 stock 2 stock >_>
2: Fliphop (Diddy)- I need to practice but I won't
3: Ozz (Falco)- You **** my diddy too much. I need to relearn this match up
4: Zori (Olimar)-Once you figure out Diddy its a wrap
5: Jerm (Toon Link)- We didn't face each other. That was odd :(
5: Trela (Lucario)-Don't lose when I suicide. You wasn't as fast as before btw.
7: CY (Wario)-We never face each ther
7: Mr. 3000 (Sonic)-Great Set. Your sonic is so patient
9: Popertop (Wario)-Nice making an appearance
9: Esca (Metaknight/pit)-Good to see ya for a bit
9: T-Rex (Snake)-We need to play again
9: Smoom (Ice Climbers)-I kill nana first always
13: Pimpslap (Snake)-Great to see ya again. Good luck at your job
13: Furbs (Kirby)-Can't wait for Furbsfest
13: David T (Luigi)-David vs RT Hype begins
13: KRD (Wolf)-Your shirt inspired me to wear a diddy kong shirt :D
17: Ryan-I'm not sure if I faced you or not.
17: Shattered-I'm not sure if I faced you or not.
17: jS (Donkey)-Good stuff on friendlies. Misfires like 30 times
17: Kyle-RMMF good to see ya again. Keep at those Hobos
17: Player 4 (Metaknight/Pit)-Good stuff man
17: Rockettrainer (Lucario)-ew

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Xyro, could you say it to say D3 next to me? I didn't use Wolf in singles at all.

Shoutouts:

Smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom: Fun games. Looks like I taught you the D3 matchup well :p Beat you in that money match, then we had friendlies, then whenever we had to play in the 3rd round you beat me :p I now know to never counterpick Rainbow Cruise against you, you did better on there than on Battlefield xD. I shoulda gone Brinstar :p

Xyro: Thanks for what you said about WHOBO 2, I convinced my mom to let me go to it as long as jS also does. I still wanna play your Samus again though! Those team friendlies were fun though.

Dina: Sorry you weren't feeling good there D: We had fun in teams though :p And that taunt that killed Stiltz was too good.

RT and Zori: You guys definently aren't the Zac of 9s xD. I can't believe it took you guys two minutes before someone finally got a 9 in that judgement match.

CY: Looks like you're better than I expected, fun games. I need to learn how to fight Wario xD, but no johns, I played my best.

P4: Fun friendlies, you've gotten better. Also, you're a lot better in teams than in singles, I don't know how or why, but you are xD. I kept getting ***** by you when I would try to fight you in doubles xD.

Ozz: Me and Smoom saved a replay data onto your wii (I think it was yours at least) of us going double Ganon against P4 and Popertop, both as MK, that we won. Could you upload it? It was too funny.

Kalo: Fun matches. Darn that suicide of mine in that last wolf ditto match! Too good though. Wolf dittos are fun, last stock gets intense though. That Wolf vs. D3 match was fun too, I dunno why I like fighting D3 with Wolf.

Samboner: Fun team friendlies. Also, I didn't know that Fox could Utilt > Grab Wolf o.O

Stiltz and Seiya: Your commentary during our teams matches was too good. Made the matches more interesting :p

Random note: This tournament has given me a new love for using Sonic. But since I don't want to get to my old habbit of switching characters so much, I'll probably just stick to using him only every now and then.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, sorry dphat. But its a good stratagy. And I heard that m2k and lee did first a while back anyways.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
i really enjoyed this tourny. the venue was amazing and everything ran smoothly. i got to see all of houston and im glad samboner decided to start attending hobos.

1: Gnes (Diddy) - what can i say, your just too good.
2: Fliphop (Diddy) - super close sets in both winners and losers finals. we both did some clutch stuff.
3: Ozz (Falco)
4: Zori (Olimar) - gooooood ****, im glad your placing where you should have been all along
5: Jerm (Toon Link) - good set, i figured out a few more things about the MU which helped me. you still won way more money than me at this event though lol.
5: Trela (Lucario) - your too scary.
7: CY (Wario) - bad day :/. hobo 20 if you dont have a partner ill team with you
7: Mr. 3000 (Sonic) - i'm glad your back, your one of the most legit players ive seen.
9: Popertop (Wario) - good set, i can definitely tell your rusty from your break though
9: Esca (Metaknight/pit) - bad day as well, you had to play beaumont which sucks. your tight though.
9: T-Rex (Snake) - glad to see your back, one of my favorite smashers <3
9: Smoom (Ice Climbers) - your gonna be **** one day. just keep attending stuff.
13: Furbs (Kirby) - teams was fun
17: Player 4 (Metaknight/Pit) - thanks for the ride

@KRD: i'll get that replay up eventually

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
It was a really fun tourney and im glad i got to see everybody again its been too long, too bad i wont be attending the next hobo :(

i would do shoutouts but its pretty much the same for everybody like good shiz/nice seein ya/missed ya/love ya/had fun lol the usual

and Allan i used Pit as well in doubles

Esca and CY werent playing well like i know Esca suicided a couple of times I'm really suprised we beat them, but no worries it was a small tourney they'll do good when it counts

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Very fun tournament.

1: Gnes (Diddy) - You were an absolute BEAST in doubles. In one of the last matches, you took out the other team's 3 stocks on your own. You, sir, are too good.
2: Fliphop (Diddy) - Daaaang, second place? Nice going bud. First time I've beaten that diddy in almost a year, lol. I'm too bad. I'm gonna keep working on my Luigi, and we'll play next time. Good stuff.
3: Ozz (Falco) - I felt embarrassed when you walked over and saw me playing Falco in friendlies, lol. My falco is trash.
4: Zori (Olimar) - We never played, dang. Your Olimar is still as beast as ever. Nice placing.
5: Jerm (Toon Link) - Your TL is too good.
5: Trela (Lucario) - Thanks for the fake teaming, lol. I did pretty bad in those, but it was fun.
7: CY (Wario) - Didn't play you. Maybe next time.
7: Mr. 3000 (Sonic) - You did good in teams.
9: Popertop (Wario) - Man I did bad in our set. I need to learn the Wario matchup.
9: Esca (Metaknight/pit) - Fun friendlies. When you did that dair, dtilt 3x, fsmash as Lucas and started dancing, I almost died. Too ****ing good.
9: T-Rex (Snake) - You did good in teams.
9: Smoom (Ice Climbers) - No shoutout for me? Dang. We didn't do too good in teams, but I ***** in our second match against Xyro and Sam. It was fun trying to find dinner. xD
13: Pimpslap (Snake) - Not that I really know you, but I hadn't seen you in a long time.
13: Furbs (Kirby) - Never saw you play.
13: David T (Luigi) - I saw you play against RT. Your weegee looked sexy.
13: KRD (Wolf) - Man we're lucky your mom could drive us. I guess I can't really say "thanks for going with me" this time. :p We're gonna practice like mad for HOBO 20.
17: Ryan - Not really sure who you are, sorry. :p
17: Shattered - Same as above
17: jS (Donkey) - I need to learn the MK, Snake, and Wario matchups for serious.
17: Kyle - Never saw you play either.
17: Player 4 (Metaknight/Pit) - Really fun friendlies. We must've had like 40, lol.
17: Rockettrainer (Lucario) - Dead last, dang. You're too good to be this low. You know what? Now that I think about it, we've NEVER played a match, after 17 tournaments. We're playing for sure at HOBO 20.

Xyro - We never got to play those dang friendlies, :(. I really wanted to play your Samus. Oh well. Next time?
Dugfinn - Thanks for hosting.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
oooooops I didn't know a topic like this would be made for such a small event lol. I should of done my shoutouts in here. Well time to copy-pasta:

Xyro- You were so kind as usual, I had so much fun with the friendlies and the tourny match. It's always a pleasure fighting your Samus because it's so gifted. Your spikes are so good, even when I anticipate them I still get hit by them lmao. I tried to say goodbye to you... I was standing there for some time but you were super busy again like at Hobo18. I was having so much fun I wanted to stay as long as possible but I forgot to bring medicine and I had a horrrible migrane. I had to leave because I was suffering. I would of text'd you about it but I threw up the during the entire ride home. :( I took medicine when I got home and it took me awhile to feel better. I was drained for the rest of the night. I'm just ultra sensitive to stimulation. :( Please don't think I don't care about you because I do!

KRDSonic- I had fun teaming with you. I like your Wolf a lot. I wish you luck when you team with Espy at Hobo20.

DugFinn- You're too good. Thanks for holding this event and going out of your way to make it happen. You're very nice.

Tallman- Dang you are so shy lol....

the MK & Pit/Game and Watch user- LOL remember on Halberd when I taunted against G&W's lv 1 judgment? hahahaha I wish I could of saved a replay of that but it didnt have unlimited replay hack :( Oh and thanks for fixing my purse that was so weird it got locked up. :D

Gnes

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!
1: Gnes-Doubles god!!!!
2: Fliphop-Snake vs Diddy son, u almost made it not happen by losing to Ozz. Step it up sensei.
3: Ozz-Dude ur getting scary. I had to camp you like I do sethlon lol. Good shiz man. Keep it going. And please dont suicide anymore in winner finals kay?
4: Zori-Teams were super fun dude, teaming with oli is so weird but cool. I remember one time in teams where u kept f-smashing trela as he tried to approach. TOO GOOD.
5: Jerm-Super camp worked in teams. Told you buddy. ^_^. Also good shiz in teams, but stop getting ***** in 2v1s :3
5: Trela-Weezing.....JV attack...NooOOOoooWwwwWWWW. Good stuff in doubles with jerm. Dont worry i wont cp u anymore dude, apparently my diddy can do everything I want it to do to u lol.
7: CY-Dont jump...dont roll...dont dodge..."WHAT DO U WANT ME TO DO?!?!". Your wario is scary, stop making me camp.
7: Mr. 3000-:)
9: Popertop-Pop should talk to Gnes more. Or Gnes will kill himself.
9: Esca-Dont get discouraged dude, we all have bad days. Just come back strong at HOBO and show everyone how **** u are. :)
9: T-Rex-:)
9: Smoom-Im sorry about playing that gay towards you. I kind of have a self defense program against icies, blame hylian :(. Also awesome job at ****** RT.
13: Furbs-Next Chudat...maybe :)
13: KRD-no full moon :(
17: Shattered-Whats up buddy ^_^
17: jS-teams friendlies were fun. Your dk is weird lol.
17: Player 4-P4 needs to contribute to the team. :(
17: Rockettrainer-Stop sandbagging ****.

Zori

Smash Champion
gnes power shielded 2 things........ at one time :x

what was the count on how many times sam got hit by a charged shot LOL

Esca

Smash Champion
Very fun tournament.

1: Gnes (Diddy) - You were an absolute BEAST in doubles. In one of the last matches, you took out the other team's 3 stocks on your own. You, sir, are too good.
2: Fliphop (Diddy) - Daaaang, second place? Nice going bud. First time I've beaten that diddy in almost a year, lol. I'm too bad. I'm gonna keep working on my Luigi, and we'll play next time. Good stuff.
3: Ozz (Falco) - I felt embarrassed when you walked over and saw me playing Falco in friendlies, lol. My falco is trash.
4: Zori (Olimar) - We never played, dang. Your Olimar is still as beast as ever. Nice placing.
5: Jerm (Toon Link) - Your TL is too good.
5: Trela (Lucario) - Thanks for the fake teaming, lol. I did pretty bad in those, but it was fun.
7: CY (Wario) - Didn't play you. Maybe next time.
7: Mr. 3000 (Sonic) - You did good in teams.
9: Popertop (Wario) - Man I did bad in our set. I need to learn the Wario matchup.
9: Esca (Metaknight/pit) - Fun friendlies. When you did that dair, dtilt 3x, fsmash as Lucas and started dancing, I almost died. Too ****ing good.
9: T-Rex (Snake) - You did good in teams.
9: Smoom (Ice Climbers) - No shoutout for me? Dang. We didn't do too good in teams, but I ***** in our second match against Xyro and Sam. It was fun trying to find dinner. xD
13: Pimpslap (Snake) - Not that I really know you, but I hadn't seen you in a long time.
13: Furbs (Kirby) - Never saw you play.
13: David T (Luigi) - I saw you play against RT. Your weegee looked sexy.
13: KRD (Wolf) - Man we're lucky your mom could drive us. I guess I can't really say "thanks for going with me" this time. :p We're gonna practice like mad for HOBO 20.
17: Ryan - Not really sure who you are, sorry. :p
17: Shattered - Same as above
17: jS (Donkey) - I need to learn the MK, Snake, and Wario matchups for serious.
17: Kyle - Never saw you play either.
17: Player 4 (Metaknight/Pit) - Really fun friendlies. We must've had like 40, lol.
17: Rockettrainer (Lucario) - Dead last, dang. You're too good to be this low. You know what? Now that I think about it, we've NEVER played a match, after 17 tournaments. We're playing for sure at HOBO 20.

Xyro - We never got to play those dang friendlies, :(. I really wanted to play your Samus. Oh well. Next time?
Dugfinn - Thanks for hosting.
That's me n cy's dance, lol.

Gnes

Smash Master
gnes power shielded 2 things........ at one time :x

what was the count on how many times sam got hit by a charged shot LOL
LOLZ zori i wish i could quote that but my sig is full of asian ladies and they cant be topped..I have no idea how i did that. Ive did it once before...once flip dropped two naners on me...i PS'ed them both at one time. Im so lucky. :)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I didn't know what to say. D: But finding dinner was pretty...interesting. Repetition ftw.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
oooooops I didn't know a topic like this would be made for such a small event lol. I should of done my shoutouts in here. Well time to copy-pasta:

the MK & Pit/Game and Watch user- LOL remember on Halberd when I taunted against G&W's lv 1 judgment? hahahaha I wish I could of saved a replay of that but it didnt have unlimited replay hack :( Oh and thanks for fixing my purse that was so weird it got locked up. :D
lol that would be me and yes i remember it gave me quite the chuckle :p

and no prob fixing your purse but that was a weird problem with it lol im curious as to how you managed to get it stuck like that

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lol that would be me and yes i remember it gave me quite the chuckle :p

and no prob fixing your purse but that was a weird problem with it lol im curious as to how you managed to get it stuck like that
I don't know that was the first time it happened.

And yea I knew I was screwed so I thought I might as well be funny and please the crowd at least xD

Also your Pit is mean you just planked and camped on battlefield with arrows :mad: lol

Top Bottom