• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Smash Presents: LOST (Lafayette's Official Smash Tournament) @ Play N Trade

Curlz

Smash Lord

Louisiana Smash Presents: LOST
(Lafayette's Official Smash Tournament)

November 21, 2009

Dates/ Schedule:

November 21, 2009
1:00: Set Up / Sign Up
2:00: Tournament Starts
Singles will be first with a side-event after. This will be voted the day of the tournament.

This will also be accompanied by Tekken 6 Tournament, UFC Tournament, and 1 Melee setup for friendlies. So if you get bored you can have fun watching/playing other things. Although, if you enter another tournament and you miss your Brawl match because of it, you will lose that match.

Fees:
Venue Fee - $5
Singles - $5
Side Event - $5 per person/$10 per team
Girls get in free.
BOTH MEMBERS ON A TEAM MUST SIGN UP AND PAY AT THE SAME TIME
NO REFUNDS
ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE PUT IN THE POT.
60/25/15 pot split

We ARE NOT allowed to give you your winnings inside of the store because it will be considered gambling. So once the tournament is over I will give you your winnings outside of the store.

Venue Info:

139 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506-6213
(337) 456-5163

The PnT is located inside a plaza which contains Jason's Deli, a Smoothie Factory, and a Hershey's Ice Cream place. Across the street is a Piccadilly Cafeteria.

General Info:

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting, but I don't think we have to worry about that.
-Please throw away your trash.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-Singles will consist of seeded a seeded double-elimination bracket based on my knowledge.
-Teams will consist of a seeded (to the extent teams can be seeded) double-elimination bracket.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

-3 stock; 7:00 Singles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-Team Color Rule-If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they must be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinities past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%. The Infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.

Underlined = See below for details

HACKS:
An SD card with the following codes will be used on every Wii:
No Tripping
Tier List Character Select Screen
Infinite Replay

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List
------------
Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

The rest

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
curlz, i have an hdtv tuner for my computer coming in. i should be getting it on monday, and if i can get the channel that has the lsu game on it, ill just bring my laptop. do you have any idea on when it will end?

BEAST12

Smash Rookie
this is Harris u might not remember me but i enterted the last tourny yall had me n Blaise

I was the meta knight player
I will c if blaise wants to join this tourny

Curlz

Smash Lord
BSL, that'd be cool. Do you know if you're coming for sure or not?

Harris, yeah, I remember you. I can't wait to play you again. Be sure to invite friends. Haha.

HYPEHYPE!

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
ill know by tomorrow i think. what time will lost end? my mom needs to know what time i have to be picked up, and thats a big deciding factor.

not going.

Top Bottom