• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable SSE Stages with Video!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Its been done.
SSE Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT_6gTodXZ8
SSE FD (This isn't tabuu's stage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZksnd_qsg
(Fixed the background)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgF3Fev0O-w

Here's the easy way how.

1. Open two instances of BrawlBox
2. Open the SSE stage you want to play on in one.
3. Open a Brawl Stage you want to replace in the other.(I normally use Wifi Waiting Room)
4. Export the following files from the SSE Stage. ModelData[0], ModelData[100],TextureData[0], SceneData[0], ef_*.pac,Type1[2], Type1[10]
5. Replace the related files with the ones from the SSE stage.
6. Make sure all .pacs are compressed the same way they were originally. effect .pacs in adventure stages aren't compressed, but they are in stages.
7. Save file on your SD card.

Downloads
All at http://blog.dantarion.com/sse-stage-downloads/

http://opensa.dantarion.com/sse/stadium/STGONLINETRAINING.PAC

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Tonight's just a huge pile of awesome. Dant, I love ya. Looking forward to the explanation tomorrow so I can port every SSE stage over :p

(I bet we could even get the little chunks of Castle Seige as separate stages!)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
BrawlBooooooox!

This is one of the best weeks in Brawl hacking ever. And it's only been a few days! Think how much more we can do by the end of the week.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Can we get 5.0 patched with this instead of Wifi Waiting Room, with a slight size increase? That'd be so hot.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Problem.
I can't seem to take a stage .pac and make it load under another stages slot without doing a bunch of changes. Basically, I would need to rebuild each stage FOR the slot it wants to go in :(

Gotta find a way around that.

jalued

Smash Lord
Problem.
I can't seem to take a stage .pac and make it load under another stages slot without doing a bunch of changes. Basically, I would need to rebuild each stage FOR the slot it wants to go in :(

Gotta find a way around that.
How much time does that take? casue if its weeks then yeah, but if its hours... there are loads of stages we all hate and wouldnt mind replacing.

Amazing work btw, how many stages are possible through this? Zabuus stage perchance?

ur a genious!

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I'd like that stage in the jungle where you're fighting Shadow Bug Bowser. I mean I like rave-party inspired stages as much as the next guy, but the "tribal space energy" style of late SSE just isn't all that well-done, IMO.

Someone tell me when we can have 4 Player SSE.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
MAN these are awesome.

It was inevitable that someone would ask this, but I'm feeling a little lazy about learning to port these myself at the moment --

Download link(s) please?

shanus

Smash Hero
Can you provide details on the port process? Also, does it remodel the stage entirely, or only the graphics of the stage?

For example, can you say dump this on like flatzone and watch flatzone disappear or does it work analogous to matching bones?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
all that's needed now is some code to make sandbag have no textures, no collision detection, and no camera influence.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I'm at a loss for words. This is just too good....

If we replace stages like 75m, Rumble Falls, and other normally "unplayable stages" with these SSE Stages, we're going to have a huge stage list. It'd be cool if the Clone engine could have been used to alternate between an original stage (Like Brawl FD) and an SSE Stage (Tabuu's "Destination") though.

shanus

Smash Hero
all that's needed now is some code to make sandbag have no textures, no collision detection, and no camera influence.
He is using the wifi waiting room replacement code. It also has an attached code which he excluded which disables generating the sandbag.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Man, i was gonna get a whole bunch of stages done and release them all, then i saw dantarion post this and i was like ARGHHH.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
He is using the wifi waiting room replacement code. It also has an attached code which he excluded which disables generating the sandbag.
Do you actually know how that code works?
My issue I am having is that theres more to a stage than just the .pac file, and I can't say, take a .pac I created by modifying the Wifi Waiting Room and rename it to replace New Pork City. If I do that I get BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. I guess what I wanna do is something like the clone engine, execpt with stages? Or perhaps just force the game to load the wrong file from disc?

Top Bottom