• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEATH VALLEY BRAWL @LSU Nov. 6, 2009 GEAUX TIGERS!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Brawl Tourney At LSU!!!

Date: Friday, November 6, 2009.

Directions: Here is the LINK.

CALL ME AT 504-994-7373 TO GET IN!

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $5 per person/$10 per team

Sign-ups start at 4 PM, end at 5 PM.
Doubles starts at 5.

Louisiana General Brawl Ruleset

-3 Stocks; 7 Minutes (Ties by percent/stock)
-Team Attack ON
-1v1; All items off and set to None; Best 2/3; All Finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring Your Own Controller
-Advanced Slob Picks
-Stage Striking for first pick
-Stage Bans: Each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: A player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-No infinites past 300%
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
RESULTS!!!

Singles (13 entrants)
Bracket

1: Lee ($39.00) [MK/Lucario?]
2: Hyro ($19.50) [Toon Link]
3: JNig ($6.50) [Wario]
4: Cyphus [DK]
5: Nikz0r [DDD/MK]
5: Fakegeorge [GaW]
7: Blaine [ZSS/Samus]
7: Arcadia [Falco]
9: Sarah [Marth]
9: Bryce [???]
9: Cows [Pikachu]
9: Turazrok [MK/Marth/Lucario]
13: Neon [Pikachu/Kirby/??]

Doubles (5 teams)
Bracket

1: Air Plank (Lee and JNig) ($32.50)
2: The GAW Patrol (Hyro and Cyphus) ($17.50)
3: Randall and Blaine (Randall and Blaine)
4: We Gonna Lose (Nick and Arcadia)
5: Asymptote Line (Sarah and Cows)

QUIET GAME RESULTS

1: JNig
2: Arcadia
3: Cyphus
4: Lee
5: Hyro

We played the quiet game on the way back home. Lasted almost an hour. Hilarity ensued.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I plan on going out of town that weekend but it is still a little iffy but it will most likely happen so I can't make it most likely D:

Sorry man.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Dude, see if you can't get a ****load of noobs to make it to this, the random folks around BR and LSU that enjoy Smash but don't know how to ****. I'm tired of bein the worst at every tourny. I suppose I could try getting better, but this route is much easier.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm gonna add this to the calendar.

Hopefully Mike G can sticky this one. I'm more than certain this will attract more people than all of our tournaments have been recently.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm gonna add this to the calendar.

Hopefully Mike G can sticky this one. I'm more than certain this will attract more people than all of our tournaments have been recently.
well duh, have you seen his siggy? Who wouldn't want to go to the tournament with a siggy like that.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Nick, is there any way to avoid having me let each person in the aquarium? Also, what do you think about parking? Can they park anywhere after 4:30?

Curlz

Smash Lord
They're like any other "I enjoy the game and I can beat my friends so I'll enter" type of player.

If I end up going I'll have a complete setup.

'V'

Smash Lord
I still have Nick's stuff in my car, so assuming he doesn't get it all back before then, I'll be bringing it to this tourney. And I'll hang around for a little bit of fun. Would it be cool if I brought some other random game to play?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
BUMP again! HYPE HYPE HYPE

Who is coming to this? Not enough people are saying anything!!! There's more hype on facebook than on here :( This needs to change!

We need to let LSU know what's up, that these scrubs ain't the ****, but hopefully some of them will be interested in getting better!

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a good number of LSU students, so there'll actually be decent money on the line!

BONUS: I just got confirmation of the paperwork: IT'S OFFICIAL!

DOUBLE BONUS: Nick is going to be here! Isn't that AWESOME!?

'V'

Smash Lord
Nick being there is a good bonus in my book. Anyway, I'm coming to this and I'm bringing Nick's stuff with me. I'll have some other game set up somewhere if there's room also, otherwise I'll just watch and wait until there's an open spot.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Idk if I can come. Til midnight is harsh............ Although I'm leaning towards yes

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
For those of you driving here: The gates open around 4:30, so it would be best to get to LSU between 4:30 and 5:00. Parking is available by the apartments behind Broussard Hall.

If anyone is still worried about where to park, you can pay for a visitor's permit at the Visitor Information Center. It's on Dalrymple on the way to Broussard on the right. With the visitor's permit, you can park wherever.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I'll try and be there. I lived in Broussard last year, so it'll be a good tourny with no lag this time.
Oh yea trust me, there will be tv's with no lag. They had a tournament in the engineering dorm at the end of September. It was HORRIBLE!

Speaking of which, who's bringing setups?

And do you know anyone else from LSU that might be interested? Please let them know about this!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Oh yea trust me, there will be tv's with no lag. They had a tournament in the engineering dorm at the end of September. It was HORRIBLE!

Speaking of which, who's bringing setups?

And do you know anyone else from LSU that might be interested? Please let them know about this!
I was wondering if it's ok if I just get dropped off. I planned on coming around 3-4, but I guess I can convince my ride to wait 30 more min if needed.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
^^^ Yea that's fine. It's just that they have a set of gates about a block away though. If you need directions or anything, just call me.

Top Bottom