• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Tournaments November 7th 2009

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Scroll down to the very last sentence to get a summary if you do not wish to read this entire post. Continue reading for detailed info.

Ok here's the deal, the game room at FIU wants me to host Super Smash Brothers Melee on Saturday, November 7th. There are several issues about that particular date.

The first one is that Tommy G is having a fest of that date and it will include Melee. I always try to avoid overlapping events with other people but if there is enough support for Melee, I will still do it.

The second issue is about the venue. Some of you may remember the large room where the majority of FIU tournament took place. FIU got a contract with Chill's and that big room no longer is going to be part of the game room. Construction supposedly is starting on November 1st. As a result, there is no guarantee that the big room will be available for any events.

If that was to happen, a smaller room would be available (the ping pong room inside the game room where I had a Melee tournament back in '07). That room is rather small so only 5 setups and about 20 people at best can fit in there. Of course, people can be in the game room itself and there are other forms of entertainment (pool tables and LCD TVs) for people waiting for their matches. I might even be able to fit two extra setups outside the main room.

So this is where you all come in. If there is enough support, I will do a Melee tournament. If not, I will switch to a Street Fighter 4 tournament.

There is another point to be mentioned. I have been in touch with Steven King and we are planning a Melee tournament for mid to late November. So whatever happens, you WILL get your Melee fix. ;)

Everyone let me know if you want a Melee tournament on November 7th in a potentially arguably small (5 full setups) room.

Top Bottom