• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Superwavedash!!!

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I was wondering if people Knew that you go fly off platforms with luigi if you wavedash and shoot a fireball at the same time AND GO ALOT FURTHER! i guess its kinda like a superwavedash Vudujin from Pittsburgh as far as i know came up with it and it works quite well in his style

The move is called Vudu-Dashing

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
That is a really cool find.

However, since you still have to deal with the fire ball animation, I really don't see it being useful.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
He actually uses it to Edgegaurd Fox and falco he said all but one stage i think dreamland it doesnt work but the stages with 3 platforms its a edgegaurd if you do it on the top platform it works and you land on the edge you wouldnt expect it but its situation i would think or i have done it to slide off the stage further to attack fox thats far out but its risky

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah I think I might fool around with it tonight see if I can think of something. Giving Luigi horizontal aerial movement is a pretty cool idea.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yeah let me know how you like it im deff not good with luigi to try it out i play sheik..Im surprised Vudujin didnt show you at spoc he has been doing this since the beginning of the year experimenting it but i dont see him too much since he lives in Pittsburgh and i live in cleveland lol

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
this is deffnitley good.. ybe its cool to find so use to it.. not just edge guardign fox.. and maybe some fireball to ftilt? dont know, gotta try it first

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yeah i dont think it will Greatly effect things but it gives luigi So many Edge Guarding options he never had before and that can greatly improve his game Especially since he doesnt have much horizontal aireal movement

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Arizona's known about it for a a while now. Several months. I've known about it since 2007. Seemed like common sense to me.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ruby you gotta realize that the smash community has a real bad habit of keeping secrets from everybody, regardless of how big or small they are. (Me included).

__

But no, the thing that really irks me about this is the link.

Here's a quick youtube lesson to not piss people the **** off anymore

#t=xmxs - where x is a number.

Time links to a specific point of a video. You tag that to the end of a video and now you link straight to a spot instead of having to deal with the enormous pile of crap known as youtube.

So if you were to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE1q32ZJSQA#t=9m10s

Now everybody doesnt have to work to see luigi zipping off of platforms. (And if it doesnt work for a specific person, tough ****. You tried.)

and if you do
this(NSWF)

You cause people to think a horrible amount of **** will befall them if they click the link.

___

*puts on his internet hero cape*
DOGYSAMICH AWAY!

KING139

Smash Rookie
That looks really neat! I do this with a backwards wavedash off the stage, but never really thought about doing it on platforms. Looks like it might work to close/create space between Luigi and his opponent.

Just a thought.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Playing too much Tekken 6. I haven't really got a chance to perfect it. I fooled around a little on sunday. Not much progress.

Top Bottom