• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As many already know, the new game League of Legends was recently released by the guys who created DotA Allstars (a Warcraft 3 mod for those who don't know). LoL is a completely free to download and play game, which is absurdly fun and addicting. You can get it from www.leagueoflegends.com . So far I've met a ton of Smashers playing LoL (including Overswarm randomly :D ) and I figured we might as well try to make a crew. The game is only 5v5 online, so we can totally make a solid team if we tried. These are the people who currently play that I know of, and their in-game names are in parenthesis:

SamuraiPanda (SamuraiPanda)
WhatsThePoint (GenericallyNamed)
Notra (Notramagama)
Overswarm (Overswarm)
Omniswell (Omniswell)
JBird (JBird)
Thinkaman (Thinkaman)
Needle of Juntah (JuntahhHarvester)
Ook (ookokorrafaa)

Download the game, make a name, and send me a friend request. Lets get our LoL on :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My current character is Warrick, but I'm still experimenting a bit. :D

This game is fuuuuun

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Blitzcrank FTW. He's too sweet. I love spamming /laugh after I pull someone into my tower <3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
holy **** that's a complex name. Why not just name yourself "Ook" O_o

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm Thinkaman, been playing this game for awhile actually.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've been playing Blitzcrank exclusively for soooo long lol. I have no desire to play anyone else right now... Blitzy is just SO much fun. I've tried tons of different builds with him, from AP to Tank-DPS, but I think I'm starting to figure out that he works best as a pure support character. My item builds may just vary on who I'm fighting, and what is necessary at the moment (from a list of "approved" items).

Also, someone told me last night that Zilean can put a bomb on allies (that won't damage them). That is beyond sexy and makes me want to try a Zilean/Corki combo someday. I can just imagine how fun it'll be to put a bomb on Corki, speed him up, have him hit the opponent and Valkyrie back. Elaborate and sexy ftw :D

Notra

Smash Ace
I've been playing Blitzcrank exclusively for soooo long lol. I have no desire to play anyone else right now... Blitzy is just SO much fun. I've tried tons of different builds with him, from AP to Tank-DPS, but I think I'm starting to figure out that he works best as a pure support character. My item builds may just vary on who I'm fighting, and what is necessary at the moment (from a list of "approved" items).

Also, someone told me last night that Zilean can put a bomb on allies (that won't damage them). That is beyond sexy and makes me want to try a Zilean/Corki combo someday. I can just imagine how fun it'll be to put a bomb on Corki, speed him up, have him hit the opponent and Valkyrie back. Elaborate and sexy ftw :D
panda u can zilean is my main. u can put it on malphite too and once he ults they blow up.

TP

Smash Master
I love LOL but I suck at it and don't wanna put in the time it would take to stop sucking at it. :urg:

Thinkaman is amazing though. I'm surprised he wasn't the creator of this thread.

:034:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Updated the first post. I just wanna keep a list of peeps that play the game, so we can have a friends list going and play premades together.

Btw, Boxxy/Twilight, what are your LoL names?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
How is it that only OS, WTP, and myself play this game often? Its ridiculously good.

Also, LOL at my recent games. It a long line of victories with Blitz, with an occasional random loss with a different champion (Cho/Janna/Taric recently).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Corki can deal as much damage as Fiddlesticks' Ult.

With his regular attack.

I'VE GOT A FLYING MACHINE

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I must admit, your Corki is getting much better especially in terms of mobility. Although I still question your choice of using Sheen with him. Sheen makes 1 attack do double damage, while Corki's forte is attack speed rather than straight +damage, right? Hm... I wonder how Guinsoo's Rageblade would work on him... I've never seen anybody use that item, so I've always been curious to see if it can be used effectively.

Also, using Flash with Corki is hilarious to me. No way in hell anybody can catch you with Flash and Valkyrie, lol :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I get Sheen so I can get trinity force. I even get TF before boots!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Dude, seriously??? Boots are SO important in the game, and Corki's maneuvaribility is one of his strongest points. He needs those boots!

Plus, the TF is in the same boat as the sheen. It only makes 1 of your attacks stronger. Its good for people who stack +dmg and stuff but not people who rely on +attack speed. And, correct me if I'm mistaken, but Corki's DPS is due to his attack speed rather than damage per hit, right?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Add me. I use the same name on League.

I met a couple Melee smashers from Vegas already too...can't remember their names though ><

What's The Point

Smash Master
I don't see the point of getting a Trinity Force ever, for any character. You are spending a lot for mediocre results in the field you want and getting a lot of relatively useless stats in return.

I assume this is AP Corki, so if anything you should get a Lich Bane, since that makes your next physical attack add your AP to it's damage (Along with more AP instead of useless physical attack stats).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AP Corki? Hell no. Straight damage. I was doing 900 damage with Trinity force, Berserker Boots, Infinity Edge, and a Baron buff. Just use gatling gun to lower their armor while firing and your crit can two shot a level 18 pirate. It's pretty ridiculous.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I loves me AP Corki, but he got nerfed HARD last patch, so that build isn't really viable atm. Still, I do agree with WTP in that Trinity Force is a huge waste of monies with the vast majority of characters (it stacks with Blitz's power fist in a unique way, so some of his builds revolve around it). I just think that if you had, say, 2 infinity edges or something you'd be doing WAY more/better damage.

Just use http://leaguecraft.com/ to crunch the numbers in your DPS with various builds. Trinity force is just... underwhelming with Corki.

Personally, I like to beef up a single statistic for the most part, so as to capitalize on my character's strongest attributes. With Blitz I focus on +attack speed and a passive that works well with the team's needs (rather than just pure +atk speed, because his natural damage output is rather lackluster).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I don't see the point of getting a Trinity Force ever, for any character. You are spending a lot for mediocre results in the field you want and getting a lot of relatively useless stats in return.
Triforce is good on Nasus and Gangplank, but that's about it. Parrrley once with gp and your next parrrley does 250% of your base attack damage + base parrrley damage. This is how pirates hit easy 1000+ crits. It's still not worth getting before you get something beefy (inf edge), since you'll hit like a girl if you have nothing else.

Oh and it's pretty decent on Corki of course.

AP Corki is such garbage :p. Why take the best physical carry in the game and turn him into some subpar nuker? You'll also annoy the other casters on your team by making the enemy team more likely to stack MR.

Anyway... I mostly play Cho and Kassadin... for some reason I can't play physical carries; I go like 2-10 every time, so I just play tanks and casters. Look me up if you want a game (Im probably teh b3st Cho in teh l3ague!!!1!1)

Also I've been saying this for a while, but I might start coming to MW tourneys once I get my passport since I'm right beside the Detroit border (seriously, I can see it from my window right now)... so I can pretty much be considered MW....maybe :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Trinity force has sheen's proc, phage's slow, and increased attack speed.

Every time I use my ultimate (20 mana), my next attack does 100% more damage than it would before. Add this in to an Infinity Edge's critical and I'll literally be dealing 900 damage if I get a critical after I use an ability. Fire, rocket, fire, Q, fire, E, fire, rocket, fire, rocket, fire, Q, etc., etc., each one with a high probability of taking someone out in one or two hits!

The phage helps early game for slow too. It just seems to be the most well rounded.

Def gonna get a bloodrazor build for tanks though, after seeing your blitzy's rampage XD

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You're thinking of HoN. LoL is the Melee, DotA is the 64.
Winnar (although I like Brawl :p).

Also dear god what were they thinking buffing Cho? He was amazing before.... now well...just look at my last 8 games :p
Not gonna lie, I think Cho is still a sack of ****. I mean, there are a few things he does well. For one, he NEVER DIES. Two, he has a great silence and pretty decent stun. Three, he can om nom nom for a surprising amount of damage which keeps every enemy on their toes whenever they get semi-low. But other than that, Cho can't do crap. He can never actually do damage to a group of champions. In a 5v5 he's only decent for a silence and a short stun. And if he ever fights a champion 1v1 he does laughable damage in later levels.

Basically, Cho is a hardcore support-tank. His effectiveness relies more-or-less on his allies setting up for (or needing, which is rare) his few niche capabilities.

AP Corki is such garbage :p. Why take the best physical carry in the game and turn him into some subpar nuker? You'll also annoy the other casters on your team by making the enemy team more likely to stack MR.
Because its moar fun! I mean, AP Corki was apparently so OP that they had to severely nerf him the patch before open beta started. But they nerfed too hard because now there is 0 reason to use AP over straight damage.

Trinity force has sheen's proc, phage's slow, and increased attack speed.

Every time I use my ultimate (20 mana), my next attack does 100% more damage than it would before. Add this in to an Infinity Edge's critical and I'll literally be dealing 900 damage if I get a critical after I use an ability. Fire, rocket, fire, Q, fire, E, fire, rocket, fire, rocket, fire, Q, etc., etc., each one with a high probability of taking someone out in one or two hits!

The phage helps early game for slow too. It just seems to be the most well rounded.

Def gonna get a bloodrazor build for tanks though, after seeing your blitzy's rampage XD
*shruggles* Honestly, I just find that one can be far more effective and deadly if they choose 1 thing to specialize in rather than spreading it out.

This is what Trinity Force does: +20 Damage, +30 Ability Power, +25% Attack Speed, +12% Crit Chance, +12% Move Speed, +300 Health, +300 Mana, UNIQUE Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 50% for 2.5 seconds; on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 150% for one attack.

It costs 4070g to make, which is the single most gold for any item in the game IIRC. Why would you only bother getting +20 damage for 4070g when you can get +75 for 1000g less (Bloodthirster or cleaver)? Or even the Brutalizer, which gives MORE +damage for only 1330g. Why would you get only +25% attack speed, when an item that gives +40% only costs 1050g? Why would you get only a 25% chance to slow when you can upgrade the phage to get a 100% chance to slow?

See what I'm getting at? For 4000g you're basically getting 5 mid-level items with a decent proc. Uber items should have uber stats. My suggestion to you is this: Isolate what it is about the TF that works well with Corki (other than the passive), and make a build that revolves around maximizing that statistic while keeping in mind what your needs are as you level up (mana, hp, etc). You'll ideally end up with 1-2 early game items +boots, 1-2 mid game items, and 1 late game item (with a suuuper late game item backup in case the game goes long). I've made tons of different builds with Blitzy that depend on what my team needs and the makeup of the opposing team. And I've just experimented hardcore with these different builds until I've started to iron out a few staples.

Might as well give it a shot, right? If it doesn't work out, then you can fall back on TF. But if it does, then you'll have improved your game.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Winnar (although I like Brawl :p).

Not gonna lie, I think Cho is still a sack of ****. I mean, there are a few things he does well. For one, he NEVER DIES. Two, he has a great silence and pretty decent stun. Three, he can om nom nom for a surprising amount of damage which keeps every enemy on their toes whenever they get semi-low. But other than that, Cho can't do crap. He can never actually do damage to a group of champions. In a 5v5 he's only decent for a silence and a short stun. And if he ever fights a champion 1v1 he does laughable damage in later levels.

Basically, Cho is a hardcore support-tank. His effectiveness relies more-or-less on his allies setting up for (or needing, which is rare) his few niche capabilities.
I dunno...went 17-2 my last game as Cho and wasn't really relying on teammates. Cho does several things well actually. He's one of the (if not the) best laning heroes amongst the melees; his passive keeps him in the fight indefinitely as long as you can last-hit. Rupture + Feral Scream early game combined with any competent lane partner is one of the best first blood setups in the game. Knockups are better than stuns because the duration is never reduced and you can't cleanse out of them. Vorpal Spikes is garbage and I still laugh at people who get it over increasing their aoe damage + aoe disable duration. He has a fast cooldown on an aoe knockup and an aoe silence and a "you die if you have less than 800 life".

In a 5v5 he can be great for causing disruption...aside from the obvious disables once he gets feast counters he's freaking huge and people will target him even if they realize it's dumb to do so; he's intimidating and he takes up half the screen, hard not to click on him :laugh:. Depending on your team lineup you could also go AP Cho with Rylai's to add an extra slow to your aoe spells (Rupture gets slightly better than 1:1 AP ratio, Feral Scream gets slightly less, and feast gets a 1:2 AP ratio that increases the health you can eat someone at). Rupture is also the longest range non-ult stun in the game...and it's an AoE...and has a slow effect after the knockup.

If not going AP (and I rarely ever go AP, it's better to just go straight tank usually unless you have a very tank heavy team with few casters) then just get his standard recommended items. Just swap +3 boots for either Merc Treads or +5 boots, and Force of Nature isn't really necessary...depending on the situation you could get Aegis or Guardian Angel instead. Once you have Sunfire, Warmog's and Atma's though you'll be hitting for base 200+ attack damage on top of the 40/s aura, and by this time you'll have vorpal spikes for another +80? (I dunno, never look at the garbage skill) melee damage...all with decent crit rate from Atma's.

Cho is easily one of the best tanks in the game right now. Probably only behind Amumu and Malphite. edit: forgot about Ali....Singed is up there too, probably tied with Cho.

Edit2: Also Infinity Edge is the most expensive item in the game at 4080g...but that's really just splitting hairs.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I dunno...went 17-2 my last game as Cho and wasn't really relying on teammates.
Out of curiosity, what level are you? I can roflstomp noobs hardcore any day, but good players never fall for the easy pulls. I'm a straight Blitzcrank player if you couldn't tell already :p

Cho does several things well actually. He's one of the (if not the) best laning heroes amongst the melees; his passive keeps him in the fight indefinitely as long as you can last-hit. Rupture + Feral Scream early game combined with any competent lane partner is one of the best first blood setups in the game. Knockups are better than stuns because the duration is never reduced and you can't cleanse out of them. Vorpal Spikes is garbage and I still laugh at people who get it over increasing their aoe damage + aoe disable duration. He has a fast cooldown on an aoe knockup and an aoe silence and a "you die if you have less than 800 life".
I do agree that Cho is good early game. That is most definitely his forte, especially with the range boost on Rupture. Its late game that I find Cho to be most lacking. Also, Blitz >>> Cho at first blood :D

In a 5v5 he can be great for causing disruption...aside from the obvious disables once he gets feast counters he's freaking huge and people will target him even if they realize it's dumb to do so; he's intimidating and he takes up half the screen, hard not to click on him :laugh:. Depending on your team lineup you could also go AP Cho with Rylai's to add an extra slow to your aoe spells (Rupture gets slightly better than 1:1 AP ratio, Feral Scream gets slightly less, and feast gets a 1:2 AP ratio that increases the health you can eat someone at). Rupture is also the longest range non-ult stun in the game...and it's an AoE...and has a slow effect after the knockup.
Disruptions are fun and all, but they don't actually contribute something useful in a team fight, like damage or debuffs. Unless of course he goes with an AP build, which is an entirely different story. And I can personally attest to his size being uber annoying. Do you know how many times I accidentally pull Cho instead of someone else, 'cause he's such a HUGE target?

Cho is easily one of the best tanks in the game right now. Probably only behind Amumu and Malphite. edit: forgot about Ali....Singed is up there too, probably tied with Cho.
Meh, I'm a fan of Blitz :D. Frankly, other than Amumu/Malphite, I'm not sure what other tanks would be considered "top tier." I know Singed can be quite good in a ton of ways, and Sion is considered the best 1v1 tank by far, but other than that I don't know what the general perception is about the rest of the tanks.

Edit2: Also Infinity Edge is the most expensive item in the game at 4080g...but that's really just splitting hairs.
OH NOEZ!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm 29... I'll hit 30 tonight probably. 2 or 3 more games.... maybe tomorrow actually I have class in the morning :(

I was 30 pre-reset.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Riot gave 3 reasons for no denying a while ago...they were something like:
1. It helps alleviate the laning balance issues between melees and ranged (although I actually disagree with this since melees could easily deny usually without getting punished too hard but would have trouble last-hitting).

2. Slowing down the experience curve slows down the game and since you have to focus on last-hitting and denying it also leads to a more defensive play-style because you don't have as much time to harass / go for kills.

3. It's weird; killing your own guys.

Also SP Blitzcrank is really good, I just don't think he's a good tank. His only tanking ability is mana shield which is admittedly amazing, but only if you build the mana to support it, in which case you probably won't be dealing too much damage which is what Blitz is really good at. The nature of Rocket Grab also means Blitz is sitting back or hiding in brush a lot trying to get a grab which is counter-intuitive of a tank's role.

He draws tower fire every time his ult passive hits a nearby hero, which can be good or bad depending on whether you're tower diving or trying to actually kill the tower.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Also SP Blitzcrank is really good, I just don't think he's a good tank. His only tanking ability is mana shield which is admittedly amazing, but only if you build the mana to support it, in which case you probably won't be dealing too much damage which is what Blitz is really good at. The nature of Rocket Grab also means Blitz is sitting back or hiding in brush a lot trying to get a grab which is counter-intuitive of a tank's role.

He draws tower fire every time his ult passive hits a nearby hero, which can be good or bad depending on whether you're tower diving or trying to actually kill the tower.
I agree that he's not the best tank for tanking's sake. Definitely not. Also, what you're describing is Rocket Grab to pick people off, which is only one of the ways it can be used. See, thats why I enjoy Blitz so much. He is so versatile that I can just go Blitz every game and fill a different niche for pretty much any team. I can be a pusher, DPS, tank, support, etc. The only thing the same every time for me is that the tear is always my first item (no other Blitz uses it afaik, but its godlike for him) and level 1 boots are my second. Everything else is different depending on my team and the opponent's team.

Also, his passive under a tower is never good. Riot needs to not make towers focus on Blitz when his passive hits the enemy (which is simple; just make his passive's thunder into dummy units).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Panda, I've been experimenting with corki builds.

I really like going Sword/potion -> Phage first now. The extra health and slow helps a TON with early games, and if I get lucky early on and get a ton of mana I can use the sword for something more powerful. I then get boots (later berserkers) and go for an infinity edge, but I can't figure out what to do to replenish my mana without breaking the bank. :[

Any suggestions? My mana count is always insanely low because I use my abilities for farm. I tried not using them to farm and I got like 1/5th the gold.

Top Bottom