• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/21/09 - Gainesville Brawl - COME TO PREPARE FOR WINTERFEST, CFL AND NFL!

Masky

Smash Master
11/21/09 - Gainesville Brawl Tournament #3
On 11/21, Ryo and I will be hosting a Brawl tournament in the heart of Gainesville in an effort to bring more Brawl to Gainesville. Generally Gainesville always travels to tournaments in CFL/Tally, and this time I'm hoping you guys will come to us.

Venue
Hookah Hut
1029 West University Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608
(the venue is just off campus from UF)

The venue's address is above. It is very nice, has plenty of space for TVs, and lots of places to sit. There used to be a video courtesy of RX Gaming on youtube showing the venue but unfortunately it appears to have been removes. :(

In terms of food, the venue has soda, energy drinks, coffee, oriental Cakes, snacks, wings, chips, cakes, cheese cakes, hot dogs, paninis, chicken quesadillas, etc available for purchase.

There is no age restriction for entering the venue (under 18 allowed), but no minors will smoke. You will be penalized; they'll ID. (Most people don't smoke)

Tentative Schedule
10:00 Doors open, registration/friendlies begin
12:30 Doubles begins
Singles begins after doubles gets far enough/ends

Fees
$5 door fee (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $10 Per Player
Doubles: $20 Per Team ($10 Per player)
Pot split will be 60%/25%/15% for both singles and doubles

Ruleset
  • 3 Stock Rounds
  • Smash Balls... ON (no just kidding)
  • Friendly Fire: On
  • Items: Off
  • Timer: 8 minutes
  • Life stealing allowed in doubles
  • Double elimination
  • Each player may ban one stage per set. A player's banned stage pick must be announced to his opponent at any time before the first counter-pick stage is chosen or the first neutral is chosen (up to each player).
  • If the timer runs out, the winner is determined by whoever has more stocks. If both players have the same number of stocks, then the winner is the player who has less percentage.
  • Double blind picks are allowed for the first round, please call me over if you need help with this. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.
  • All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage or on the ledge (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, planking, etc). Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge. Please call me (Masky) over if you suspect there to be a stalling issue.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing the game, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it. In teams, controller ports should be assigned in the 1221 fashion.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player/team may choose the stage that that player/team won on previously in the set (unless agreed upon by both players/teams).
  • The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinites will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinites are allowed.
Stages
Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
Counterpick Stages:
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Halberd
  • Brinstar

Singles:

Doubles:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
the hookah hut

whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

did thehy find miguel's wallet?

Ruse

Fox
Not coming to this because it's the same day as a Mobile tourney :(.

I'll make it to the next one, though.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Jax has a free tourney (for brawl/melee) on this same date -- there's no prize

so i'm not gonna go

cause i'm cheap cheep :babychick:

Toneh

Smash Lord
i was thinkin about it lol, ill let you know, gota see if others want to cuz i dont have a car atm.

but yea masky that payout would be legit

B_AWAL

Smash Master
F@CK!!!! I work the LAST FSU HOME GAME THIS DAY!!!

I work during those games... @ least 200 a game...

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
gindler chill with us on wednesday and help me practice

also, carpool with us

Gindler

Smash Champion
should be better by wednesday, I need some practice too. mhm

alrighty, Gainesville's right around the corner afterall

Top Bottom