• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Kazoo Quit Mini-Modding" Grand Prix #1: Acclimatization Congrats to the Minimod!

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The Kazoo Quit Mini-Modding Grand Prix #1: Acclimatization

1. Because a certain group of mfs just can't stop with false accusations,
  2. Because I live up to my promises,
  3. Because I actually want to get back into playing Brawl (for the lulz, @ least),
  4. Because having an OT with real prizes is pretty legit,
  5. Because having a post-Halloween tourney with this picture is pretty legit,
Here is a series of seven tourneys that will be certain to make every one happy.

The Skinny
Video evidence is the name of the game. In the evidence of any disputes, those who actually record their matches will be given much more wait than those that don't.
  1. With your entrance into this tourney, you hereby give your right for all your matches to be recorded.
  2. Please record your matches if possible! For those of you who don't have anything to record with, please send me your matches. My Wii number is on my posting information. For those wondering to how to save your matches, head here and follow the directions in the OP.
  3. I reserve the right to remove entrants from the tournament @ my discretion should there be any reason for additional removals of entrants
  4. The prize for winning the tourney will be determined @ a later date. I can readily assure you that it won't be 2000 Wii Points, but something far greater. :)
  5. This is the first of seven online tourneys that I will be hosting with a very handsome reward on for the top three winners.

Schedule:

11/1 Registration opens
11/5 Round 1 starts no later than this date!
11/8 Round 2 starts no later than this date!
11/11 Quarterfinals start no later than this date!
11/14 Semifinals start no later than this date!
11/17 Finals start no later than this date!

If matches get done earlier than these dates, then the next round will start 24 hours after the previous round that ended.

Brawl Rules:

• This is a single elimination, doubles tourney. The maximum number of teams allowed are 32.
  • Semis are one set, best of three. Finals are one set, best of five.
  • There will be one additional match for third place between the losers of the semifinal matches.
  • As this is my first time playing Brawl for a very long time (over eight months), I reserve the right to pick a doubles partner from the pool of entrants. Hence the title of the tourney. :bee: Please note that I will only be doing this once for the series.
  • Items off.
  • Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
  • First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
  • The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
  • No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
  • Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
  • Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
  • King Dedede's Standing Infinite is permitted up to 300%.
  • Chain grabs are allowed up to 300%.
  • Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
  • For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
  • In the instance of severe lag: Winners will be determined by picking a number from a randomizing apparatus I have in Excel. Whichever team is closer to picking the number without going over will be declared the winner.
Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per team
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

If you want in:
Sign up format: Smashboards profile name/Brawl name/Brawl friend code/Characters you will be playing with.
If you don't have a doubles partner, don't worry! I'll pair those without partners up soon!

Best of luck! And hopefully you drink your DJs! :p

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Most of us don't record our matches because we can't. Don't worry though, there are never any result disputes here, definitely none that I've seen. We're all homies in OTL.

When will this tournament be held btw?

Also, stop mini modding, **** dude.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Not asking for people to record matches, but rather just send them to me.

Matches start Thursday, after I get back from rocking out to Dethklok @ the Tabernacle. :laugh:

Other matches can start sooner though, depends on the # of entrants I get.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Entrants & Results

Double post for Jebus (and the Entry List):

ENTRY LIST:

1. thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/:olimar::rob: :gw::fox::falco: :luigi::dk::kirby::pikachu::pit::zelda:
  2. Omnicron/OmniC/2149-3224-7619/:warioc::marth::luigi2::toonlink::metaknight:
  3. mcmuff1nman / MUF!N / 0173-2745-5921 / :olimar: :peach: :fox: :metaknight::popo: :zerosuitsamus:
  4. Gf2tw/SPAZ/1934-2694-3644/ :wario: :metaknight: (Team #1)
  5. Hero of Banthum/HoB/2106-0102-0875/ :snake: :pikachu2: (Team #1)
  6. Icyo/MrOwl/4124-4677-8884/:bowser2:
  7. sammy p/sam/1891-4862-4521/:toonlink::luigi2::pit::popo::jigglypuff:
  8. DTP/.__./3995-8553-8766/:metaknight:(team #2)
  9. Cherry64/CHEAP/2922-8999-6173/:samus2: :pit:(team #2)
  10. DevilWillCry/Zero/1333-3741-0563/:ike:
BRACKET:

So I have made the brackets for teams. I randomly assigned teammates, and then set up a random bracket (there is a team with one bye since there are 5 teams). I have assigned some teams a name for convenience. If you want another name for your team, then just ask me.

NB Bunny may be joining the tourney, so she may be assigned into the bracket no later than 1100 today.

Due to me attending a concert, matches will start tomorrow. Make sure that anyone can access your VMs on your User CP, and use a IM client of your choosing. Or, you can use this thread. The choice is yours.

Matches will be best of seven for the first round, second round, and the third place match. Matches will be best of nine for the finals match.

Team names:
What a Mini-Mod: DevilWillCry & TheGreatKazoo
Blame Canada!: Cherry64 & DTP
He can't spell...: Sammy P & Icyo
The Netherlands are...:Gf2tw & Hero of Banthum
Omnicron & Mcmuff1nman

Results:
Mini-Modding ftw (3-2)!
2nd The Netherlands are...
3rd Blame Canada

Points Total (after 1 of 7 events)
1. thegreatkazoo 3.5
1. DevilWillCry 3.5
3. Gf2tw 1.5
3. Hero of Banthum 1.5
5. Scumfever .5
5. DTP .5

bobson

Smash Lord
[*]In the instance of severe lag: Winners will be determined by picking a number from a randomizing apparatus I have in Excel. Whichever team is closer to picking the number without going over will be declared the winner.
So if we open up uTorrent whenever we face a team we know we can't beat we'll get a chance of beating them anyway? Good to know...

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Don't make me ask for screen caps prior to matches. :p

It would also be nice that all future conversation here is limited to those who have legit questions or are entering in the tourney.

Thanks. :)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Kazoo would do something like this. xD

OK then, I might have to get my copy of brawl back from my friend just to enter this and,

If I win, you will stop your mini-modding on here. If I don't, I'll wear a green dress or something lol

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
lol Kazoo would do something like this. xD

OK then, I might have to get my copy of brawl back from my friend just to enter this and,

If I win, you will stop your mini-modding on here. If I don't, I'll wear a green dress or something lol
I do laugh @ myself sometimes. ;)

That observation would mean that I would mean that I do mini-mod, which I strive very hard not to. I consider my efforts succesful, what say you?

Can't wait to see Mike G get out the rocking chair. Fun times for all! :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Jesus Christ this tournament's regulations are absurd.

Also, how do you expect us to send replays if our matches exceed 3 minutes? Not all of us have hacked Wiis.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Jesus Christ this tournament's regulations are absurd.

Also, how do you expect us to send replays if our matches exceed 3 minutes? Not all of us have hacked Wiis.
The rules are standard for a doubles Brawl tourney.

As for your question, read below:

1. Please record your matches if possible! For those of you who don't have anything to record with, please send me your matches. My Wii number is on my posting information. For those wondering to how to save your matches, head here and follow the directions in the OP.
that's ur 8888th post :laugh:
commemorate this moment....

i might join...dont hav much time though
i'll think about it...;)
The tourney starts Thursday, don't john your way out of this please? Thanks. :)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I will allow (and would prefer) up to 64 entrants (which is 32 teams). If you don't have a partner, don't worry. I'll take care of that.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Good luck with that

If you need someone still by Wednesday Kazoo to even **** out, gimme a ring on AIM.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Because a certain group of mfs just can't stop with false accusations.

With your entrance into this tourney, you hereby give your right for all your matches to be recorded.
Please record your matches if possible! For those of you who don't have anything to record with, please send me your matches. My Wii number is on my posting information. For those wondering to how to save your matches.

Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
If the false accusations are aimed at your Mini-Modding, then they aren't false, you definitely Mini-Mod.

I really don't see the point of saving the matches because no one plays dirty and does that. Oh and that other rule is pretty lame.

I'm not joining but good luck, wish I did though, its for a good cause.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
If the false accusations are aimed at your Mini-Modding, then they aren't false, you definitely Mini-Mod.

I really don't see the point of saving the matches because no one plays dirty and does that. Oh and that other rule is pretty lame.

I'm not joining but good luck, wish I did though, its for a good cause.
Evidence, homes, evidence! :urg:

I guess you didn't read my post where you saw I requested that people only ask questions relating to the tourney. You could have just said "Looks good, but I won't be able to attend." & left it @ that. Instead, you get on r*g about some sh**t that I don't even do.

So, here's what you can do for me:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
DTP/.__./3995-8553-8766/:metaknight:

I don't have a partner yet, but I'll find one. If I remember.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
DTP/.__./3995-8553-8766/:metaknight:

I don't have a partner yet, but I'll find one. If I remember.
Me n him are usually on at the same time, I will be able to join if he would like me too. if it turns out I'm too busy for this thing then D-rod you needa find replacement team matez just in case :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Me n him are usually on at the same time, I will be able to join if he would like me too. if it turns out I'm too busy for this thing then D-rod you needa find replacement team matez just in case :)
Sure lol
This could be fun if we team together :3

And if you can't make it then know worries, I know you can be busy. Hell, the same goes for me so we'll see if this works out :p

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
kk, I'm in, dun worry bout the replays, I have my wii hacked with the unlimited replay code and the other code.

Cherry64/CHEAP/:samus2: :pit:

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Aw, shucks, whenever prizes get mentioned, the big name players get their war gear on and head out to the battlefield, and teh n00bs get left behind in the dust. Where's the love? :)

Is there going to be prizes for second and third places also?

No, I won't be joining.I'd get my *** handed to me. :p.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm a noob @ this Brawl thing too.

There will be prizes for 2nd & 3rd place.

And no, you won't be torn out the frame, it's a doubles tourney, after all... ;)

Hero of Banthum

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you mention Dabuz, he'll come because he namesearches, it'll get a bit more interessting. If one pro comes, more will come I assume XD. Btw, who cares, its wi-fi... XD

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol yep, i namesearch because my name is actually mentioned here and there xD

but no, i won't join because wifi tourneys are too time consuming for the prize

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What's the prize for this? I might enter with my friend.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
What's the prize for this? I might enter with my friend.
It's a series of seven tourneys with a very handsome reward for the winner @ the end of the seventh tourney.

If you plan to join, then please let me know by 1100 today. I need to set up the brackets and start the first round. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom