• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Player Interview Thread: RocketPSIence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The Current Lucas Main: Levitas

Tyr's QnA
Play any other games competitivly besides brawl?
No. I suck at most games besides super smash bros. I really like blazblue though. I play Carl Clover and aside from getting an infinite once in a blue moon against scrubs, I suck. I'm mediocre at Melee and would get destroyed in a tournament with good people at it. I use Fox and Jigglypuff in Melee.

When did you decide to main Lucas? Did you know he was your char when he was announced or did it just kind of happen?
I decided to main Lucas when I first saw Dmbrandon using him before the game was released in the USA. I liked how he moved in the air and his Usmash. I also planned on using Dedede just because I liked the character but after playing him for a short while decided I didn't like how he moved.

What's your favorite kill move?
My favorite kill move is Usmash. Especially if it's on Brinstar.

If you could change 3 of Lucas's moves or attributes in any way to make him a better or more fun char, what would they be?
I would give him a normal grab rather than a tether grab, less lag on PK Thunder 1 and 2 like Ness has and get rid of grab release nonsense. I swear he would be high tier if these changed.

What's your favorite drink?
Iced tea. With lemon or cranberry juice.

What's lucas' most underrated move?
Probably PK Thunder. People never seem to notice how much damage it does even when it doesn't gimp. I've done like 30% with just one edgeguard with it before and have vids to prove it!

What do you think Lucas' best move is?
Probably his jab or something. But PK Thunder is my favorite.

What do your friends think Lucas' best move is?
Depends. I've had a lot of people tell me how broken Lucas's Dsmash and Usmash are. But the people who play me a lot think a lot of his Nair and jab probably for good reason.

How'd you pick the name Tyr?
Tyr is the name of the Norse God of War. I'm big into theology and mythology and it seemed fitting. In Norse mythology, Tyr sacrifices his arm for the greater good of humanity and the other Gods. I like the idea of that. I decided on it long before I went to my first tournament. Although I almost used the tag "Galt" after John Galt from Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged because I like that book so much.

Obviously Lucas isn't top tier, and I've noticed a lot of mains have lost confidence in him. What keeps you maining Lucas?
I don't go to tournaments to make money. I think of it as an entertainment expense like going to the movies or something. Playing Lucas is fun. Most other characters aren't fun to me so I rarely use them. I often have tournament sets that more people end up watching than the grand finals. People like cheering for the underdog and I like being the underdog.

Have you played Mother 3 or any of the Earthbound/Mother games?I played Earthbound once for about 15 minutes before I got bored. I'm really ADD when it comes to video games and hardly ever can get into them anymore aside from smash. I started FFVII 2 months ago and I'm still on disc 1. I've never seen or played Mother 3 but people tell me it's a good game.

What configuration do you have for your controller? I've watched some videos and it looks like you use default. Pretty much asking do you think b stick is worth it, or are the better advantages with default, or whatever you use?
I use default controls because it's easiest for me to control Lucas that way. I use tap jump for magnet cancelling and I like to keep my c-stick so that I can use Dair more easily without sacrificing aerial control. It was also easiest when switching to Brawl from Melee.

Oh and how do you pronounce tyr? i either spell out t-y-r or say it like tire.
No one says it right. If you want to get really technical about it, in gaelic or whatever it should be pronounced "tur." I've always gone by a more modern prenunciation as in "tier." People who don't know me pronounce and/or spell it wrong all the time so it's become kind of a running gag where I'll enter as "tear," "tier," "tire" and other variations as my tag.

Which character in the game do you hate most?
Diddy. He's ****ing ********.

If they didn't have Lucas in SSB4 who would you play or want to have be playable?
Probably like Crono or Geno or some other character that'll never make it in.

How often do you play brawl on a daily basis?
I play once or twice a week tops. I don't have a wii or a tv in college.

How often do you go to tourneys?
It depends. Sometimes as often as every weekend or every other weekend.

Have you ever gotten 3-stocked? Who did that?
I can't remember the last time I was 3 stocked in a tournament match but I'm sure it's happened atleast a few times. People 3 stock me in friendlies relatively often lol. Especially M2K.

What makes you different from other Lucas' mains?
The biggest thing I notice between myself and other Lucas mains who want to get better is that I have better DI and can autocancel things consistently (especially PKT2.) The biggest difference between myself and other Lucas mains who've made names for themselves in their regions is that I use a lot more gimmicks than them. I think most people have better spacing and punishment than I do but set up fewer traps than I do. I'm really good against people the first time I play them but tend to get ***** once people learn my style. The key to Lucas's metagame is a balance between knowing when to throw out crazy tricks and hope they run into it and when to react to their mistakes and punish imo. I need to work on spacing and punishment a lot. :(

What happened at your first Brawl tourney?
My first tournament was Season's Beatings II in Columbus, Ohio. It was pretty cool because Forward, Alphazealot and Inui were all there and I'd heard of them on smashboards. Most of the people there were pretty bad at the game and I was able to hold a tv for friendlies for most of the time before the tournament started, losing only to dookdiggity's Lucario a few times. For my first tournament I played decently well but ended up losing because of nerves. I got 9th out of like 56 or something using only Lucas.

When do you try to go for the Dair-Dtilt-Smash combo? On which characters is it easiest to pull off?
People honestly have to mess up their spacing pretty bad to get a Dair combo on them. It happens a lot when people miss grabs or if you can powershield some moves. The easiest characters to do it on are light weights like Metaknight and Game and Watch. The hardest are the heavy weights like Snake. For some reason heavy weights get knocked out of it a lot even when they're in the right percentage for a dtilt lock after it.

Have you ever thought about quitting Lucas?
I would never stop using Lucas altogether but he might end up as a secondary at some point. I've experimented with a lot of high tier characters and never liked them enough to stick with them. I've been using the Ice Climbers lately and that might stick so we'll see. Lucas is really good on his counterpicks so I think he's a valuable character to know.

Do you have videos that the Lucas community can use to learn your style?
In most of the videos that are up of my Lucas I'm sandbagging pretty hard. I like to try out new things especially if I know I'm being recorded to see how they work out. Most of the videos of me are of matches where I either know that I'm going to win or I know that I'm going to lose so I don't worry much about things not working. I like my first match vs. m2k. I like my second match vs. hateoni just because of the last kill (I was actually playing pretty poorly that day if you watch the 1st and 3rd matches. Skip to 4:15 for match 2.) Most of my videos vs. Notra are pretty entertaining because he clearly hadn't fought a Lucas before. There are a ridiculous number of stupid mistakes in them but I use a lot of silly tricks in them. I wish I'd had either of the sets where I took games off Judge recorded or the set where I beat Lain recorded because they'd be cool to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFOBdTJFhg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYw46IHIPM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNyJoUHqQ8
If I remember I'll upload a picture at some point. It might be a while though. There aren't many pictures of me and I'm lazy. If it helps, everyone says I look like Claus lol.

What do you think about the Peach vs. Lucas match-up?
I used to think it was Peach's advantage but now I'm not as sure. It might be even or something. Whenever I'm not sure about a matchup I just assume it's even. What are the odds of a Peach main fighting a Lucas main anyway lol?

Alot of people say Lucas has "potential" what does that mean to you?
Lucas isn't being played to his full potential. We don't have a M2K of Lucas. He's still a pretty bad character but if someone could play him perfectly he could potentially place really well. Atleast until people really started exploiting his weaknesses which they would if anyone really got that good with him. A Lucas main could probably get top 10 or even top 5 in a national tournament if he got a good bracket and really played well.

How did it feel to brawl M2K? What did he say about your Lucas? Has he changed his mind about the character at all?
M2K's a pretty chill guy. When I first played him all of my friends got 3 stocked and I was the first one to actually take a stock or two off of him which felt pretty good. I don't think he really thought much of my Lucas until I beat Lain in tournament the next day which seemed to really catch him by surprise. I play a lot of friendlies with him at tournaments and catch him off guard with Lucas tricks like PK Freeze stagespiking him lol. We both get a good laugh out of it. He thinks Lucas isn't that bad. I think he even mentioned him being mid tier. But we both agree that Ness is better. M2K's opinions change a lot though it seems lol.

What do you think is Lucas' best approach Nair or Dair?
Kind of depends on the situation. Dair is really good against people that don't know how to fight Lucas because they don't shield all 4 hits. Dair beats most attacks they can throw out with a few strong exceptions while Nair destroys people who sit in their shields. So it kind of depends on what they're going to do. Lucas's approach options are pretty bad to be honest.

Are there characters Lucas just cant defeat in high levels of play?
Lucas shouldn't really ever win against Snake in my opinion. Probably not Marth either. Honestly there are a lot of characters that Lucas has no business winning against but can when the other person isn't sure of what they're doing in the matchup.

Who is the person you want to play against the most using Lucas? By that I mean, what brawler and what is their character, and why would you want to play them?
There are a lot of people I want to play. Hunger, Meep, Atomsk, Ksizzle, Shadow, SK92, DEHF, Fiction, Seibrik, Red Halberd, CO18, Reflex, Tyrant, Dojo. Basically any big name that I haven't already played against lol. I just want to see if I can beat them with my Lucas. I'm not very interested in playing any Snake or Diddy players because I really don't like fighting those characters with Lucas. It's not fun to me. I'll money match pretty much anyone though.

What's your favorite partner, character wise?
Probably Snake. But I really want to team with a Peach or a ZSS sometime. I don't know why. Just seems fun. One of my favorite doubles experiences was teaming with a Jigglypuff main. In general I don't take doubles very seriously.

When you first picked up Lucas, were there any times when you got so mad you thought, "I need to give him up"?
Yeah lots of times. Even now I have days where I think I'll drop him. Usually doesn't last long. More often I have days when I think I'll quit the game entirely. That's much more likely.

What would be your reaction if an unknown player from a different country beats you in tournament? Would you stop thinking that non-USA competition is a joke?
Every region's top players are pretty much on-par with eachother. Ally, Holy and Swordgard are probably all comparable to most of the top US players. Armada showed that he was up to the level of American Melee players at Genesis. Regions with smaller populations or more spread populations (atleast as far as SSBB players) are more likely to have fewer of these top players and a larger skill level gap between their top players and their next best players. Losing to the best players of another country wouldn't surprise me. Losing to a random from another country would (unless it's Snake lol.) It really wouldn't change my viewpoint on the subject though. The east coast probably has the highest concentration of good players. This means there are more chances to run into one in bracket. This means it is more competitive. The top 3 from every region would probably all go about even. But the top 20 would not.

Galeon QnA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange/xd
What color Lucas do you main?
Purple with the pink tennis shoes. Used to be red but I got bored so made the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prOAPC
you are considered as the best Lucas main, how do you feel about that?
It's kinda cool getting recognized. Like joining some random livestream and the Lucas topic comes up, somebody usually mentions me. It's a pretty good feeling since recognition is like the only perk of being a Lucas main xD. As for being considered the best, iunno. We'll see if I do anything I can be proud of when Winterfest comes around. As for if I think I'm the best Lucas main, well, I'll wait till that question is asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketPSIence
Where did you come up with your name?
I used to write short stories when I was in high school. Galeon was the common name for my main character. Didn't even start off anything specific, I just thought the name was cool. I needed a username to sign up with on smashboards and didnt think I'd have to rep it for so long. Only people who call me Galeon though are people who just know me as the Lucas player. All my friends call me C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailCrest
How did you learn how to use dtilt lock so well in the last stock of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAOoJ0YVxQ ? Did you practice for hours on end wiggling the control stick from down to left from down to left without accidentally doing an ftilt or dsmash or dash attack or whatever, or did you just use your c-sick somehow?
To tell you the truth, it just came down to training mode. What helped was that I reaaaally wanted to learn it. Lucas was 'ok' to me at that point but then I saw this cool new trick where you could hit someone.. and didnt have to stop till they were dead. It brought me so much joy lol. I wanted to have it perfect, so I just practiced until I got it. It doesnt take long if you're enjoying it (not getting frustrated). Now, I can actually jab lock chars across the stage without looking at the screen. Perfect time to stare at/console your opponent or turn away from the screen to ask someone to buy you a soda mid match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniTheWolf
You owned me hard, you Lucas is so sexy xD, how did you get it like that, by practicing with the "right people"?
Yup. By playing enough people, you just get used to seeing certain situations and being able to deal with them. I'll tell you straight up that I'm not a creative player. If I'm forced to fight something I've never seen before then I'll get wrecked. If I've been in the situation from past experiences, I can adjust and know what to do. One of my biggest regrets in this game was when I was first getting my name out there and started getting 'big-headed', not doing friendlies with Lucas. I would beat them with a secondary char or a char I didnt play kind of as if saying "See? I can beat you with this character. I dont have to play Lucas." But that style of thinking only hurts you since you're losing out on experience.

You can learn from people who are WAY worse than you and the only reason I was even using those secondaries was cause I was a little worried about people taking stocks off me or beating me when I knew I was better. Play everyone you can, get as many friendlies as you can in tournies. Don't worry about people learning your style. Its alot more frustrating to lose to gimmicks your first time playing someone in tourney than losing to someone you believe completely outplayed you. I've been playing this game seriously since the Jpn release so I had a head start with some of Florida's best players and just kept going with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Ness
Have you noticed any other Lucas players worth mentioning in the state of Florida?

Do you still play Melee? If so, which character(s)?

Do you have any secondaries?

Does it bother you when random people approach you asking for friendlies/money matches?

Any hobbies outside of gaming?

How long do you plan on making your Smash career?

Do you think you could play Lucas as well without corn rows?

What's your college major and/or plans for the future?

What sort of short stories do/did you write? I'm just curious 'cuz I also write (fiction) in my free time.
Actionb@stard is another Lucas in Fl. He actually made me change my playstyle a little because our playstyles are so different. I play my Lucas in a generally safe way and expect my kill moves to be ftilt and dthrow. I'd only use a smash if they did something really unsafe or airdodge into me. I watched him play and he would throw it out and get early kills with it. He would also punish some platform landings with usmash from below. I was just like O_o because I knew things like that were punishable with smashes but I just never went for it cause I wasnt used to it. Onithewolf is a newer Lucas player in Fl. He's probably the youngest brawl player in the state and is promising. The kid learns pretty fast and fixes things when they get pointed out to him. All he needs is more experience.

I dont play Melee anymore but when I did, I was Mario/Falcon. In brawl, I'm actually learning Snake so I can co-main him with Lucas. In a perfect world, Snake'd be my main but I just know so many matchups with Lucas that in tourney, I know I'd go Lucas under pressure.

I actually like when people I don't know ask me for friendlies/mm's because it gives me a chance to fight a new playstyle. It's a double plus if they recognize my name, lol. These are also the type of people who usually put out a few 'Wut...?'s since they havent seen Lucas shenanigans/how fast he can be on you. Hobbies? I just like hanging out with friends, doesnt matter what we're doing. I wanna get good at DDR after yesterday lol. I'm gonna play Smash until all my friends stop.

I'm pretty sure Lucas is powered by my corn rows. The general consensus in Fl is that Lucas is a farmer because nobody knows what he does in his game. His up smash is a prime example of crop picking.

I'm an English major. I wrote fiction too, stuff that was pretty out there tho. I'm not really into writing about stuff that could reasonably happen.

Quote:
What makes you keep using Lucas, not a higher tier character?

What advice do you have for Lucas mains trying to get better?

Do you like waffles?

Recognition keeps me playing Lucas. I so wish that I didnt do well when I picked up Lucas. If I didn't, I'd be playing a clearly better char by now. But now I'm just used to him so its hard to change. I'm trying though.

To get better, play. There's no trick to it. Try to watch people's patterns. Take small steps first. Watch how people get up off the ledge. Roll behind them shamelessly once and see what they do. Were they waiting for it? Did they sidestep? Watching for things like that'll at least get you more kills. As for waffles, they're ok. I'm more of a pancake man, maself.

Quote:
Why is it that not until about less than a week ago we found out that your black O.o?
Lol, I guess it doesnt come up alot in convo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitas
Do you think you're the best?
Ha, this question is pretty tough. I've been called the best Lucas literally since the game came out. I had a vid of me winning a tourney for the game in like a week after it was released but I've never been able to actually say that I'm the best Lucas. Cant bring myself to do it. There's alot of good players out there. Okin was the first Lucas I watched that really impressed me cause it was like ****, this guy's smart. Nowadays, people like Tyr and Apc are beasting it up like crazy. The thing about trying to gauge who the best is among Lucas players is that in the end it does come down to opinion. None of the notable Lucas players get a chance to fight the same people so you cant compare that. We rarely meet at the same tournies or travel. Placings are generally inconsistent. All the vids that are out are either tourney matches that are good, but you know don't show everything or friendly matches where us Lucas players sandbag our ***** off/try new things.

To put it flat out, being the best Lucas is alot harder than it used to be. If I had to flat out say who I think it's the best, I think for now me, Tyr and Apc are sitting on the top. Tyr's **** good. Apc's probably the smartest Lucas across the globe just because he realized before any of us that Lucas needs top tier backup to win tournies. The reason I won't give it to any of us is cause of consistency and we all play soooo **** different that it's incomparable (I could say what I mean by that but that comes just from a small selection of vids, which isnt fair). I have respect for all of em and out of those three, I'm probably coming from behind since the other 2's biggest accomplishments are more recent. So I gotta prove myself when winterfest comes around.

I will say this though. PinkFresh is probably the future undisputed best Lucas main. He's amazing, has matchup experience and his Lucas shows traits of all the best Lucas players out there. Once he goes to more tournies, I could see him doing something huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudenvy112
Who would you say is your hardest matchup?
Snake or Diddy. Silly chars. They're beatable but man, I feel like I try so much harder. They can almost autopilot and keep it close.

Quote:
have you ever watched some videos of other Lucas players to learn/copy/whatever stuff? Could you name them?
I used to avoid watching other Lucas players as a pride thing but now I watch and steal shamelessly. I liked Seanson's dairs at the ledge in his old vids against Rob, stole em. I liked Apc's footstool dairs so tried to find situations for em. I liked how Sade caught airdodges after nair with smashes so consistently so I stole that. I liked Tyr's general use of dair and forced it in my anti-Snake game. Like I said, I'm not creative so its great to see cool new things to add to my game.

Quote:
Would you prefer fighting in the standard Brawl, or hacked ones like Balanced Brawl and Brawl+? (bbrawl removes all grab release crap)
I like Brawl+ Lucas. I like Snake in standard brawl since your work/predictions actually shows itself in your reward, maybe more than it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pink Fresh~
Why is raikage your sig?
He's too much of a man for someone not to rep him. I could go into examples but I dont wanna do spoilers for those who dont keep up with the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu245
Where do you think lucas should be in the next tier list?
Right where he is. His placing was put up probably without knowledge of some of Lucas's better things but also without some of the worse things. In the end, it kinda balances out to where he is.

Quote:
Have you played MOTHER 3?
I have the rom on my comp and I got up to the part with Salsa. Haven't played it in like a month now, though. I have a history of never finishing a 1p game (unless there are cheat codes that warp you to the last level). I'm way more into fighting games or just anything where you can make someone lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniTheWolf
Have you played M2K and/or Ally?
(This might have been answered) How long did it take you to master the DAir DTilt Lock combo 'till you were able to lock your opponent all the way across the stage?

Do you like Lucas Ditto's?

How long did it take you to get used to Zap Jump recovering? I've seen video's of you recovering that way.

What's Lucas's best edge guard technique in your opinion?

What's your favorite taunt?

Do you like any sports?

I played M2K back in 2008 at FAST in pools. Got 1 stocked close then easily 2 stocked. Fought Ally on wifi only mid 2008 when I started doing wifi to get snake practice and got 2-stocked over and over. It was pretty bad. I didnt even challenge him again lol.

Mastered the lock thing in about a day but even today, sometimes I mistime my fastfall and the crowd goes 'Awww'. I hate Lucas dittos. They're not fun at all =/. Practiced zap jumping for months in training mode till I felt comfy enough to do it when I wanted.

Invincibility dair'ing/bair'ing someone feels the best but pk thunder is the most effective. My favorite taunt? I like em all about the same. If I just went on a rampage, I like to do the trip. If it was an anticlimactic ftilt kill, I'll do the rope snake one. I like to play sports, not watch em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipa4800
How could you let Riddle replace you with Shaky?
Why did you guys break up the team if you consistently placed 2nd.
Aren't you and Nick Riddle Bffs? xP
Lol I didnt really have a choice in the matter, apparently. He teamed with Shaky at Halloween Bash with the team name 'In honor of Galeon', they got 2nd and decided to ditch me, which in hindsight is pretty funny (team name plus the fact we dont place lower than 2nd). Terrible, but funny. His reasoning was that Shaky did not get gimped and had a bthrow. So to test out who he would team with, he decided to team with both of us at Tommy G's smashfest to see who he did better with against Chaz+Seibrik(current number 1 team). I was up first. To directly fix the problems he said we had, I decided to stop stock tanking, fight up front so its harder to get me off stage and use more kill moves. The result was that I was killing them at an average of 110% (early 80% fsmash/usmashes with dthrows/ftilts at 140) and didnt get gimped once in like the 4 sets we had. However what I didnt count on was that Seibrik learned how to ledge Justin so he starts getting stagespiked at 60... consistently, and it looked like he was getting frustrated. The final rundown I believe was that we lost the first, won the next 4, lost 3, won 2.

Shaky teamed up with Justin and they had a better record against the Marth/MK team (easier to grab them than fsmash them) but a worse record vs the Marth/DDD team. At the end of the day, he decided to go with Shaky. This answer probably sounds a little bitter (cause it is) but it's whatev, y'know. I'm still friends with em even if I'm not happy with what went down. So close to winterfest too =/. I was pretty surprised to find out I was getting ditched especially since I figured we were doing really well/had potential/were pretty good friends. He says he wants to do exceptionally well at Winterfest though so I'm not gonna try to hold him back if he thinks he'll really do better with another partner. On the same note, I'm not gonna team with him again though even if the Shaky thing doesnt work out. I DO hope it DOES work out though, since they're both pretty cool.

Quote:
Would you prefer playing standard brawl or Balanced Brawl (where abuse against ness and lucas through Grab Release is eliminated), if given the choice between two tournaments that use either one?If grab release crap didn't exist (i.e. Lucas and Ness come out of GRs within the same amount of frames as everyone else) where would you think Lucas is on the tier list?

Its funny. Although I helped give most of the advice for how Lucas ended up in BB, I still have yet to play it. So probably normal Brawl. If Lucas/Ness didnt have to deal with gr shenanigans, they'd both probably be solid mid tier. My favorite food? Probably blueberry pancakes with Hungrybox commentary. I love that guy xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takerfan619
since noone asked it yet... Do YOU think you're the best Lucas main?

and.. C? I presume that's like the first letter of your name.
Answered the first question lol

And all my friends call me C, yea. My real name is Chandan. It's an indian name that means Wooden Sandal. The H is silent. Guess how often that gets butchered? So everyone calls me C, ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr_03
Do you think you'll retire any time soon or continue playing?
Like I said, if my friends stop playing, I'm done. I dont especially like the game, its just what we all play. So if they moved on, I would too. A good number of em have already decided brawl wasn't for them so now there's only a handful left playing seriously. No idea how long till I retire, realistically; it could be a month from now, could be never.

Quote:
Favorite anime?

Short: Ga-rei: Zero
Long: Hajime no Ippo

Quote:
hablas español?

Y'know, I took Spanish 1 last semester at my school. I dropped it halfway through lol so I know almost nothing in Spanish. I can do greetings, I know the words for rice and beans and I can tell chicks to take off their clothes so I think I could get by for like a day in a Spanish country . I actually know more Japanese than I know Spanish. I took three semesters of that at my college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudenvy112
When you play Brawl, do you verse any computer players at all?

I have but it's not often. When I was trying to learn anything that involved a footstool (like APC shenanigans), I spent time against the computer since they were moving targets. I spend alot more time fighting the training mode comp. All they can do is recover but it makes me feel like a big man to put it to em until I finally get bored. I also fought the computer like once to test out new controls and another time to make this vid I wanted to show someone (which involved a footstool so thats back at the first point).

Quote:
What do you do in training mode?

I practice my technical. I spend time working on zap jumping in different situations, dustersliding, thundersliding, general movement and buffering (like short hop forward, fast fall, turn around, dsmash), pkt angles, jab locking, throw followups, footstool combos and stage specific lucas tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KassandraNova
Your name "Galeon" makes me think of the Galeon in Gaogaigar!
^__^

What's your favorite thing about playing as Lucas?

What's your favorite RPG?

What's your favorite Music Genre? :O

Do you have any role models? (players, celeb's?)

My favorite thing about playing as Lucas is killing people in ways they never agree with, like counterspiking people, bthrow'ing marths at 60 with bad di, fsmashing nonfatties in the low 80s, jab locking em; it all feels amazing. Every time I get a surprise early kill, I remember why I like the char. Plus there's also the fact that there's always someone at a tourney you go to that goes 'woooow' when you do some obscure Lucas tech.

I dont play 1p games generally, just into fighting games really. I'm going to have to go with Mother 3 though even though I'm not that far into it, just because it blew my mind when I tried to go into someone's house at night and everyone had their doors locked. Pokemon had me trained to want free access to everyone's home at all hours of the night without knocking.

Favorite music genre? Eeeeh, I dont really think I can answer that without sounding like a weeaboo, so general hip hop/rap is pretty cool to me. There's not alot of music that I DON'T like, really. As for role models, none really.

Quote:
How's your new controls? I find myself doing normal SH PK fires and b-airs too often so I think I'm just gonna stay with b-sticking.

The new controls are hit and miss. When I play with them in friendlies, I actually try not to do the pk fires because I'm afraid I might mess up (when the whole point of doing friendlies with the setup is so you can try to do it with only minor pressure) but I stop caring about that when I c-stick someone's face. I've only been trying it for a couple days so I cant have a solid opinion. I've been using b-sticking for months so all that muscle memory's not going anywhere. There's no harm in trying to ride this out until I can make a final decision. Logically though, this is the most ideal control scheme for any Lucas player.

Quote:
what's your favorite Lucas AT?

Dustersliding if I ever get it perfected. Jab locking is a close second if it counts. Thundersliding WOULD be high on my favorites list if I didnt faceplant so much instead of sliding across the stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil cj
Are there characters that you dont have trouble beating that most would say is a "bad" matchup for Lucas?

Are there any matchup ratios you think should be changed?

I'm thinking Falco. I'm thinking that matchup is dead even.

Any ratios I'd change'd only be by like 5 points or so, so it wouldn't really be worth it. I think they serve the purpose of giving us an estimate of how we should do vs Char A or B. None of em seem too far off to the point where I'd ask for a change, or at least not yet.

Quote:
What character would you use if Lucas weren't in Brawl?

I'd probably be a Mario/DDD player. I mained Mario in melee and he was the easiest char for me to play when Brawl came out. If I hadnt already told a friend I'd be maining Lucas before the game came out, I'd be repping Mario. It's funny. I said I'd play Lucas kinda randomly. When we were gonna go on break in college (winter break, spring break, something, iunno), Danny, who was like our best melee player, was thinking he didnt wanna play Brawl. So I said he better play Brawl and I'd be playing *think think* Lucas. It was pretty random since that was just the first Brawl name that popped into my head and I kinda felt obligated to keep up with it. It helped that Lucas was amazing in ffa's so I thought he was too good and stayed with my choice.

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more on this control scheme being the most practical/ideal. I was just saying in the general discussion thread that it should have it's own name. And so my question to you is... If we come up with a new name for this control scheme, what would you suggest?

Z Special'ing... not creative. I dont think it really needs a name. My TL friend a while back changed his Z to special. I forgot the reason why; I remember that it was stupid. Seemed pretty normal back then so Iunno if it's special enough to require a name. We're just using a game mechanic in our char's favor. If anything, the action of sliding from the c-sticking to the button configured to special to get the directional b input should have a name. However, I have nooo idea what we'd call that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawhat64
"How did you feel when Gigs was shut down?"

"What was your favorite match to watch?"

"What would you do if you win Winter Fest?"

"Do you do money matches?"

"whom would you team with now since your team mate ditch ya?"

"What's your occupation? (I think I missed it @_@)"

"Who is the most funiest smasher in FL?"

time for straw hat random question...ready D:?

"Would you like to example Straw Hat's famous Denny like breakfast?...or just the pancakes?"

To tell the truth, I didnt care that Gigs was shutting down. I didn't go that often, the memories weren't that great and I think it's primary purpose was just to see me overheated against the wall as I waited for my match to finally be called. My favorite match to watch at Gigs? Iunno, I like watching Hrnut and GDX play the most probably. They have really good teamwork.

If I won Winterfest, I dont think anyone would hear the end of it. I'd spend like all that cash on like a 3-week celebration party.

Historically, I don't do mm's but I started doing em recently.

I team with ESAM now, defaulting as Snake since Pika/Lucas is.. eh. I work at Publix. Funniest smasher in Fl is probably Afro with Hbox or Danny pretty close behind.

And yea, I'd try the breakfast, omelets included, I'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudstealth
So you mentioned Marths with bad DI, I can only assume that's me, or have you played other Marths who like to die at 60%?

Also you said you would not be teaming with Nick Riddle anymore, is that out of principle or do you really think you'll find a better teammate and he's not worth it anymore?

How do you feel knowing that your new teammate Esam beat his brother last ZP?

Counterpicking stages, do you CP for your Lucas, or do you CP with the option of having a D3/Snake who can easily play there?

When you win Winterfest am I invited to this 3 week party?

What do you think of the Marth/Lucas Matchup, because you do well enough against me, or is that just because you know me so well?

Do you still think straws should be put in BK bags when eating inside the restaurant?

How come you've never entered any low tier tournaments?

How come we need more than one bottle of Cheese Whiz?

Brian: Who was your first girlfriend?

LOL, yea, it was you. You should be happy. You inspired my Lucas in death. As for the NickRiddle situation, I've said before that I think ZSS is Lucas's best partner. The reason I'll never team with him again is definitely out of principle. We'd been partners for a long while and the way he ended it was preeeetty shady.

As for counterpicking, it depends on the person. If I'm going against a DK, for example, I'm going to take him to FD and see what he does. If he stays, I'd change to DDD and see how HE likes to get infinite cg'ed. Same logic against Snake. If I'm going against a char that I feel I have a lot of practice against and understand the matchup, it's probably gonna be Lucas on Brinstar or Battlefield.

And oh my, yes. The winterfest party will be a long celebration that engulfs the nation, long golden rope snakes being given out like Mardi Gras beads. A statue will be built in my honor that depicts Lucas choking out Snake with his bare hands.

I can't lie. I very much enjoyed hearing that ESAM beat NickRiddle.. twice. Brought me alot of joy and I was really proud of ESAM.

I think I know the Marth/Lucas matchup like the back of my hand. The fact that I know you so well helps alot but you're also the best Marth in Fl and can adjust so I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at the MU. I think that the matchup is like 60-40 in Marth's favor if he plays as gay as possible. It can go to Lucas's favor if he has a lead on a good stage but if Marth has a lead, it can go really bad pretty fast.

****ing yes, straws should always be provided. It's ****ing ******** that they dont put the straw in your bag when you get the food inside. They know you're going to drink that soda. It's not like the fact that you're ordering inside automatically cancels out your desire for liquids. If they dont wanna give me a straw when I go inside, they need to make an indoor lid that makes the soda not need a straw.

I've wanted to enter the low tier tournies. There've been like, what? 3 in Fl recently? Everytime there's gonna be a low tier tourney at a tourney I go to, they save it for last. And my ride (Justin) neeeever wants to stay for em. So then I get home, get on aim the next day and start getting flooded by angry people making Yoshi johns. As for the cheeze wiz, ugh.. I'd assume they'd try to make it so that just one bottle of cheese wiz wouldn't be able to cover your ENTIRE body. There was probably even a meeting for it. And as for the gf, hmm.. I dont think I'd call any of the girls I've gone out with a girlfriend so I'll leave that N/A.

Quote:
How do you secondary D3 if Lucas' and D3's playing styles are so different? One's slow, one's fast. One's heavy, one's light. One can run in for grabs, the other camps as much as he can... Do you occasionally make mistakes on D3 that are somehow related to maining Lucas?

I think I'm closer to 2nd'ing Snake than DDD. The only thing I can think of that rubs off from playing as Lucas is that I never do the right momentum cancel when playing as DDD. I have a completely different mindset when I play other chars.

APC's QnA

I am not sure if you told me this before, but do you play lucas against a snake on tourneys?
I quit going lucas against that match up...is so horrible that I had to sent my fat friend Wario to do the work. but if you do, give me a few tips here and there. if ya please.

that's for Galeon or for me?
Anyways, i'll answer it.
I hate Snake, i'd say his my second worst matchup, that's why i have a secondary: DDD. I think that in this MU Lucas has to play a pressure game, with lots of jabs, ftilts and pk fire. Control the stage, don't let Snake outcamp you and watch out for nades and C4 (it sound easier than it is)

Why do you play Lucas?

How did you feel when you won your first tournament?

Which character do you think is your best?

What's your favorite past time outside of smash/videogames?

I can't stand fast characters, MK is too fast to me, i like those characters with average speed, like Lucas. Also, his PK Fire, i think i'm good with spammeable projectiles and, for me, Lucas is the most similar character to Melee Samus, my Melee main.

When i won my first tourney, it felt incredible. It was with like 100 people, FFA, items and all those nooby rules. I won a Wii (which i sold later), and everybody cheering, congratulating, taking pictures (lol) makes me felt like a famous person. I had won some other videogames tournaments before that, but none of them were as big, so it was really important to me.

Definitely Lucas. I have tried a lot of characters before, trained those characters to have them as good as my main, but i just can't. Why? Because with Lucas i have something i can't have with other character, with him i am versatile. With Lucas i can improvise any time. If my opponent have i new strategy that i have never seen before, it is hard for my secondaries to handle it, but just give my one stock with Lucas, and i'm sure i'll find something that makes that strategy useless. I know almost every trick he has so it's easier

Your from Europe right?

I was born in Cartagena, Colombia, lived 4 years in Bogota (the capital city) studying electronic engineering and now i'm back in Cartagena.

Are you coming to America for Pound 4?

That's the idea. Right now i have the money for my plane tickets, haven't boought them because i don't know if i can get all the money for everything i need (food, transportation, etc.) I'd travel to New York City and stay in a friend's home, who is searching for the best prices to travel from NY to Frederick by bus (round trip).
I HAVE TO travel to the US, because i have my Visa for 4 years and haven't used it, and if i don't use it next year, i won't be able to travel to the US again in my live.
I'd be there for like 10 days, most of them in NY, like a tourist. In Frederick only on Sunday and Monday. Maybe one of you guys will receive a pm asking for housing/hotel and/or pay pal

What's your favorite pasttime outside of smash/videogames?

I like to skateboarding, hang out with my girlfriend, go to movies, and i love fast food, so at least one per week, i go out in my car looking for a new place where i can eat

What's the thing in your display picture that is flashing so colorfully in your sig?

Do you have any fellow smashers you play with to get better? If so, how often? If not, how'd you get so good with Lucas?

How abundant are tournaments situated around the area where you live?

Those are my initials, look closely and yo can read D F S C.

I got "so good" when i lived in Bogotá, but that's only because i used to play with really good people. I used to play like twice a week, everytime with new guys so it helped my training. Now i live in a different city, and sadly i can say i'm the best here. Sadly because my friends improve way more faster than me, i know i can get better, but it's hard to travel and play some other people, at least only for tournaments.

There are like 2 tournaments per month here, this month i'll have 2, but i think i can go only to one. It's hard for me to go to those tournaments something because my GF doesn't like the idea or because i have to study

If Sakurai were to put Lucas in the next game (which he probably will), what do you think should be improved? If you want to talk only in Brawl terms, what improvement should Lucas get in your opinion?

I don't think i play Lucas in the next game. I'm 100% that all his ATs will be gone, so he won't be as fun as he is now.
For me Lucas is ok as he is, just remove the GR stuff and he's done. Think of BBrawl Lucas, but with dtilt lock, that's how Lucas should be in the next game

Are you familiar with Dorney Park? If so, did you ever work there for a summer?

I know a lot of Columbian's from Bogotá that have travelled to the state's for work during the summer at and amusement park called Dorney Park and i've worked there too. It would be kind of funny if we worked together and never knew it o.O

nope, i have never been in the US before, but if i give you a name, would you remember? I meet a girl called Melissa Pedraza who worked there in some amusment park, but i don't have any idea which one :p

Your considered the best international Lucas main, how does that make you feel?

Who is the best overall player in Colombia?

Who are your worst matchups?

Are there any other Lucas players in Colombia?

In your own words why do you think Lucas is low tier?

Who do you use as a secondary for Lucas' bad matchups?

Have you ever lost to a Ganon?

Do you really think Snake is our worst matchup?

Sorry for all these questions

I feel i'm one of the best, but not the best, i'm think some other players are better and they have the opportunity to prove it. I'm just waiting for Pound 4 and make my name somethingthat everyone remember

Silver is the best player here, he has won every national tournament (like 3), he mains DDD and Ike, there are some vids vs him on youtube if you wanna watch them

Peach and Snake, i hate them both, vs Peach, i don't know how to play vs her, and Snake, i feel he has an answer for everything Lucas has

There are some other nooby Lucas players, but none of them as good as me, and it's not worth mentioning them

Because the high priority in the attacks of others charactars, that's all

My secondary is DDD, but still i have the same problems lol, i just second him because i've tried some characters and DDD is the one i feel more comfortable

I've played like only 2 Ganondorf, and i have won both

Yes, as i said, he has an option for everything we have. He's worst than Marth, MK, G&W and DK all togheter

Who is your favorite Pro smasher? (other then yourself. )

I like M2K style, he's too aggressive, makes the game look so fast that is fun to watch.

Who's your favorite character to watch?

Who, in your opinion, is the funnest character to fight?

I like watching Wario vids, every move he does is pretty funny. Also i love those fights where the Wario just air camp and waits for the time to run up lol.

C. Falcon is the funniest, why? i laugh everytime he makes a move and whatever i do, it stops him, his priority just sucks that. It's funny because he moves fast, has many "tricks" but none of those work well in a real fight.

What's your favorite color?

What's your favorite move with Lucas?

Can you hook me up with some hispanic chicas?

Black and Blue (Backstreet Boys?)

PK Fire is by far my favorite Lucas moves. It has differents ways to use it, it's spammable, good pressure, and add some ATs and it's one of the best projectiles in the game

Come to Colombia, we have a lot of them, choose whoever you want and i'll help you :p

If sakurai:

- shortened standing grab to 49 frames total and pivot to 34, dash to 59
- removed all GR bull****
- gave zair a hitbox
- lengthened the range of PK fire to that of wolf's blaster
- increased uair's knockback growth to that of ness' uair
- decreased base knockback but increased knockback growth of dthrow (so it combos into utilt more, and kills earlier too)
- shortened ending lag of ftilt and utilt
- sped up fsmash to come out in 7 frames
- increased overall range of aerials
- gave his tilts killing power

but removed all of the glitchy PK fire recovery techniques, would you still main lucas in the next instalment?

is that from Brawl+? I played Brawl+ some time ago, i think it was the 4.0 version. I didn't really like Lucas, he was too fast for me. I prefer BBrawl Lucas.
But to answer your question, i wouldn't main him, maybe i'd use him as a secondary, but definitely not my main. Those change make me think he's more like Ness than the original Lucas. Removing his glitches would slow him down, his recovery would go from really good to average and at the same time remove the ability of random movement (something like Wario)

Pink Fresh's QnA:

question: next.best.Lucas?

Uhhh. Who knows?
I don't really have results or anything to back it up. There could also be someone else out there that is better.

BUT!

it is possible =X

Originally Posted by ZMan
you play anytoher games a t a competitve level?

would you rather see new moon or get mooned by rosie o donnel?

Besides competitive pokemon, Nope lol.

I used to do competitve pokemon cards, but I realized how much money i was spending, and not winning lmao.

FFFFFF...

Uhhh... New moon is over two hours. Mooned by rosie is like 2 seconds.

Mooned by rosie

Which do you prefer BBrawl Lucas or Brawl+ Lucas?

What's your favorite fast food resturant?

What made you want to main Lucas?

Brawl+
He's so good in it :o
I don't use him in it though lol.

Chik-fil-a ^_^

and

lol. Well originally i was going to main lucario, because of the whole aura thing, but I couldn't beat a lvl 9 bowser (lol), and I saw a vid of Gofg using PK freeze to edge guard, and I was like coooooool, so then I picked him up. I never really had a mian though, as i used to also use ZSS and Wolf. Then dropped wolf and just used ZSS and Lucas, But I kept getting gimped with ZSS (lol), so it was lucas and marth. Then, I thought marth was broken, so I dropped him. Ehh It's basically a story of picking up and dropping everyone that isn't lucas lmao. I just picked up Samus like 3 days ago actually, and the week before that I picked up sheik, but i dropped her already lmfao.

Originally Posted by Chuee
Where the name come from?
How long till you can drive?
Are you gonna get on MDVA PR?
Are you gonna be best lucas?
Whats your best MU outside of low tier?
Whats your worse MU outside of Snake?
Favorite move?
Least favorite?
What do you think the Marth ratio is?
How Afghanistan :D?

O_O

Mad questions uhhh.

The name lmfaaoooo..

ok so My name is marcus, ironically the majority of my friends are named marcus. Before I met the other Marcus' there was just me and another marcus. Well that marcus knew another marcus, also known as HeaT. Well I was practicing my hard in Melee, and Marcus told HeaT I could beat him, so When I met HeaT all the other marcus' were there too (like 5 or 6). So they like, "Yo you need a color" and I'm like, "huh?". So, HeaT explains to me that all the marcus' have a color of the power rangers, and their names reflect their color. So they were like, "yo... call him Pink Fresh", because the only colors left were yellow and pink. Me not caring, just said, "Ok". i didn't think it would stick with me, but it did. so... basically I'm the pink power ranger lmfao.

Idk. Whenever I go to driving school, and take my drivers test. I'm old enough already ahah.

Uhh.. Idk hopefully lol. I need more results. They can't just put me on there, because I won low tiers, because I placed 17th in singles @ that same tournament, provided I lost to mad good players, but still. 17th is 17th. I mean I I got 3rd last tourney, but 3 out of 11 isn't all that great lol.

Hopefully, I will be best lucas one day. Just gotta practice, besides, Tyr + Galeon basically quit lol. I still have alot of things to work on though.

Outside of low tiers, it's probably Marth, MK, or Wario.

Worst outside of Snake is Snake. >_>

Nah, uh outside of Snake it's eitherrr... ROB or Falco. Probably Falco. WAIT NO. YOSHI -____-

favorite move = dsmash or uhh dtilt.. Nope Dsmash. WELL, Idk I like fair alot too.

Least Favorite is idk Bair? Unless Dash grab counts lol. I like his moveset though.

60:40. It's really not that bad. Especially when he's off stage.

Afghan is fire. =D

Ive played you before numerous times on wifi and your good with pretty much every character especially your Lucas, PT, and Marth...how do you manage to be good with all these characters?

lol. Uhm.

I know the game well lol. I have a general understanding of how every character is played, and what their options are in what situations. Also, I know general habits formed from the characters, so I try to avoid them by playing with other chars. I also picked up everyone just to see their weaknesses when I'm playing with them.

I just rambled lol.

Basically, I know the game, and have a general idea of how every character is played. Then, I just throw in my playing style, and voila!

=X

How's it feel to be called next best lucas?
Do you think playing on wifi helps your lucas at all?
What did you think of Battle Royale II? (lol)

It feels unrealistic lol. Not to say that it can't be possible, but like... idk I always told myself I would be best lucas one day, but I didn't think it would actually happen ahaha

It helps me with MUs That are unfamiliar to me, but that's about it lol. It kills the way I play, since I rely mostly on predictions, reactions, and frame precision.

and

it was the best tournament I've gone to all year, though I've only been to like 4 or 5 ahah. Have another one. =D

O.O
How many ****ing Marcus' are there at your school?

A LOT >_>

Somebody even had the same first and last name as me, so sometimes I'd get called down to the office instead of the other one. Then, after seeing me, they'd go, "not him the other one"

I'd just have this face like -___-

Which character do you like fighting the most?
Diddy. The pace of the match is crazy fast. If my vids of me v ADHD ever get up, you'll see.

If:

- your wifi sucked
- there were NO tournaments in your region AT ALL
- you had only a few friends to practice with and they all lived at least 30 minutes away

How would you have tried to get better?
Well, if that were the case, then I probably wouldn't even be into competitive smash, since HeaT was the one that got me into it.

But, to entertain your question, I'd just sit in training, (like I do now) and practice reads, and frame precision/control, then go for the 30 min drive, and apply what I learned. From there, I'd just go from there. Oh!

I would also become a TO, to try and create a scene.

Originally Posted by Wild ARMs
♂ How did you train to get where you are?
What kind of practice would you do, and how would you learn from it? ♂

Well, I started out pretty badly. Basically, it all started with the story of how I got my name lol. Then, from there I practiced Melee with HeaT whenever I could. I didn't really understand the game as well as I thought I did, so I tried to learn it, but brawl was being released soon. From that I figured, " I'm going to be the best @ Brawl around here" Sadly, brawl turned out to be kinda crud lol. But It was super hyped, so everyone played and tried to get better. I just sat around on Smashboards. and played with HeaT/Wifi. Once I started beating HeaT consistenly, I was proud but I had nobody to play LOL. So basically I wifi'd foreverness. while sitting in training thinking of ideas for every situation that arised. Finally, I found my way to a tournament and did ok. Lost to people I can beat now. Continued wifi and training but now smashfests every now and then. + more tournies, and a bit of wifi.

To practice...

well it's kinda complicated. See, when I'm bored I think of common situations, and see my options in my head. If I come up with something new, then I try it in training. If it's not a good idea, then I scrap it, if it is, then I try it on wifi. If it works on wifi then I try it irl. if it doesn't work irl then I scrap it. If it does them I keep it.

So basically...
I just think of random crap to try lol.

what lucas costume is the most hideous?

boxers or briefs?

do you like french toast?

Original costume. the colors just don't blend well.

Depends. Briefs for sports and stuff, but boxers for relaxing

Yessss.

Originally Posted by EtherealKing
What would be your reaction if Nintendo somehow magically added a patch to all of brawl, making Snakes Utilt hit from one side of FD to the other?

I'd be like... WTF NINTENDO. YOU CAN PATCH SNAKE AND NOT FIX WIFI?

then proceed to be happy since snake would be banned.

If Sakurai released a patch for Brawl that slowed all of MK's attacks down by 5 frames, cut the disjointedness on snake utilt, removed all GR crap, halved the length of marth's sword, but it cost US$100, would you buy it?

If it became a tourney standard, then yes. If not, **** No lol

why is Chibo taking too long to upload your videos?

I... Don't know. >_>

in your opinion how many MUs does lucas have that are worse than 60-40?

One.

For some reason Ive never had any problems with Snake...mostly Marth

Whats your favorite thing about Lucas?

Why do you think he is the least popular newcomer?

Do you think we've all been playing Lucas the wrong way and he is meant to be played differently and meant to be a great character?

What would you do if Lucas didnt it make into SSB4 because of his lack of popularity?

What if Lucas is secretly one of the best characters in the game, how would you react?

O_o

My favorite thing about Lucas is his sheild pressure.

Because he sucks. I think he's the worst newcomer. LOL unless I missed someone. ._.

That's impossible. He doesn't have the tools to be amazing.

I'd play with somebody else lol. I already play like 90% of the cast.

See: Answer to No. 3

Nasty's QnA

zuhhh How did it feel having to ditto PF?

Having to ditto PF at my own tourney sucked. lol. He's a great player who's very smart. It seemed like we both knew what to do though. The match started like this:

Run at each other, Fair into each other, back off, run and dair at each other, back off, run at each other and put up the magnet. It was like i was fighting myself. lmao.

why is your SWF name takerfan619?

How did you get your name?

Do you have any secondaries?

What is your least favorite matchup?

My name on here is Takerfan619 because when i signed up i didn't realize that it was gonna be shown the entire time. I used to be a huge wrestling fan and undertaker was my favorite. 619 was a signature move by rey mysterio which looked pretty cool. So i made it my AIM screen name years ago and it just stuck for other things. If i could change it, it would be SickNasty2330 (more on that in my next answer).

I got my name Nasty from my old team name. I used to partner with another lucas main who is actually my best friend. We always used to say sick nasty to describe anything that was awesome. What better team name for a lucas ditto team than Sick Nasty? lol. This was the start of when we went to tournies and his real name was Nick so he chose his in game name to be Sick Nick. I was like ok, i'll take Nasty. Besides, whenever i would do all the lucas tricks i would say they looked nasty. The name just fit my play style.

Secondaries? I would have to say i second Snake. BUT some of my friends say he's better than my lucas (not true IMO). I also won't hesitate to go D3 in tourney if i'm facing a Snake or DK. The other two characters are use are MK and Marth. (but my marth is bad). lol

My least favorite MU would have to be G&W. I really hate this one because it's so hard to get above him and i love my dair combos. haha. All of his moves seem to just shut down our options. I usually just go snake against G&W because it's way easier. But i love when i do go lucas against G&W and win. Makes me realize how much of a better player i am than the other person.

o0o0o0o, my other least favorite MU would be the Lucas ditto. That sh*t just sucks.

Why did you decided Nasty to be your name?

What is your favorite MU?

How long and why have you been maining Lucas?

Good question. I answered it in the second paragraph above.

Here's the tl;dr version:
It was one half of my once team name (SickNasty). And it described my play style so well.

My favorite MU would have to be against Pikachu. I still really feel that it's slightly our advantage and most likely the only character in the higher tiers that we have an advantage against (except MAYBE Ic's).

I've been maining lucas since the day the game came out in the U.S. The reason i started maining him was because when i first started playing this game for fun (w/ smash balls on) it was so easy to get them and i would win almost all the time. Plus his Usmash just seemed so broken (which much to my dissappointment, it really isn't. lol). Now i main lucas because i put so much work into him for so long, it's hard to let something like that go. And like i said before, when i beat someone with lucas, it makes me laugh and realize how much of a better player i am to be winning with such a terrible character. Sry if that comes off conceited, i'm really not.

wouldn't it make sense to interview me first? it is called the lucas MAIN interview thread after all.

do you shower and use deoderant, nasty?

uh, i MAIN Lucas haha

and YES i do shower and use deodorant. More smashers should be more like us Zman. hahaha

Originally Posted by DMG
I thought you were gonna say something about Dr. Pepper actually lol

Dr. Pepper? Gross. Mt. Dew FTW!!

Originally Posted by Cheeri-Oats
What was your proudest moment as a Lucas main?

Who do you feel taught you the most about competitive Smash?

What is the most important thing to remember when playing Low-Tiers?

Proudest moment? hmm. Well there are a lot. Anytime i JV 4 stock someone in doubles is a great moment (/looks at Chibo and Rogue Pit). In singles, my proudest moment as of late was when i beat God-Is-My-Rock in a tourney set and sent him to losers ( Sorry PF :-/ ).

I really like this next question because so many ppl have helped contribute to my knowledge. The person who has probably taught me the most about competitive smash would be my boy Smurf. Other ppl that have helped along the way would be Chibo, Peirce7d, and HEERO.

Most important thing? I would have to say that the element of surprise is on your side. Most people i faced in the beginning of my competitve smash "career" had no idea how to handle lucas. Once the element of surprise is gone, the next important thing to keep in mind is that your character is LOW TIER. You will often have a lot of difficult MU's to overcome. You have to be creative and play super smart in order to win.

i like how this thread has turned from interviewing nasty to dmg and oats touching *****.

do you enjoy the **** touching, nasty?

whoa i didn't know ***** goes uncensored O_o

lmao, i wouldn't say i enjoy it. It was entertaining nonetheless

OATS DIDN'T ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS T__T

Nasty, when is the next BR?

No hard feelings PF.

The next Battle Royale will most likely be in April. Battle Royale III: Rebirth. We try to host one every semester.

you are one of the few Lucases that have had the opportunity to fight M2K, what do/did you think about the MU after/before you play him?

Before playing M2K, i felt the MU wasn't all that bad. I wasn't aware of the grab release to dash regrab that he had on us before playing him. I feel that we did a good job discussing the MU and that it is about 60-40. It's not hopeless and can be won, you just have to really outplay your opponent.

And to edit something i said before, Battle Royale III is actually gonna be called Battle Royale III: Aftermath

AND i also just realized that i hate the Diddy MU maybe even more than G&W. Diddy is such a cheater. He's the only character in the game that uses an actual item from the item menu. No other character has that. Such a cheater. That also brings to mind this:

Which is more broken: MK or the food item? If you've answered MK, you're right. Now let me ask you this: Which one is banned in tournies? >.>

Originally Posted by ToxiCrow
are you a ******?
in your opinion, what's lucas's best/worst move ??(besides zair)
do u think you'll ever quit lucas?

lol, no i'm not a ******... i'm a 5'11 white kid with amazing basketball talent. haha

Lucas's best move (not including jab) ~ i'd have to say either nair or dair.

Lucas's worst move ~ I used to think that his dtilt was worthless with the exception of the dtilt lock but i've found a few other ways it's pretty useful. I'd have to say that pk freeze is most likely his worst move. It's usually pretty obvious where you're going with it and if you want to hit with it you have to bait an air dodge before using it.

Quit Lucas? Well my friends have been trying to get me to quit lucas for awhile now, saying that my tourney results would improve so much more. I have yet to listen to them. I keep using lucas, keep improving, and i continue to place well at tournies. So, no i will never quit lucas. If anything, i would just use some secondaries a little more frequently than i used to.

favorite anime/manga (or animu/mango in some parts)?

play any other games at a competitive level or plan to?

Does Dragon Ball Z count? lol. If so, that would be it. Other than that, I don't like anime. I could never get into it. Like i said in the OBR, Death Note is the only anime i watched because it's not about all the fighting, rather it's more based off intelligence which really interested me. I watched a few episodes of 07-Ghost bc i was told it's just as good but i couldn't really get into it.

I wish i had time to play more at a competitive level. Actually, i wish i knew where i could find tournies for Mario Kart: Double Dash. I ***** in that game. I also would like to be able to enter a competitive scene for Mario Tennis 64. Yeah, i'm a Nintendo fan through and through so i don't really play much else. So to answer your question, i do not play any other games at a competitive level. I don't plan on playing any others either unless they make a new smash game or i find a competitive scene in the games i already mentioned.

does snake piss you off?

He doesn't piss me off as much as he pisses some other ppl off around here. lol. While i hate the MU, it's interesting to fight him bc you have to watch so much and every move you make is so important. I feel that the only real way to beat a good snake is by gimping him once and playing cautious the rest of the match. If you don't get that gimp, it's really difficult to win (against a good snake).

Diddy pisses me off more than snake

what kind of music do you listen to?

I listen to mostly punk/alternative music and some rock. Not a big fan of hip hop, rap, or country.

My favorite band is Brand New, and some other favorites are Blink 182, Plus 44, Taking Back Sunday, Armor for Sleep, Sing It Loud, and Linkin Park... just to name a few. lol.

Zman's QnA

When are you gonna beat Dekar?

im one of the few nmers who've beaten dekar in a tourny play (granted the last time i beat him was over a year ago ) but my goal is to beat him next tourny. so soon.

What's NM smash like?

its awesome. nothing much else to add except its the best smash scene ever :D

Originally Posted by Tokaio
What is your least favorite Low Tier match-up?

yoshi.

What is your signature? XD

jojo's bizarre adventure on the 2600 XD

Who did you use in Melee?

What other characters do you use?

Whats the Z in ZMan stand for?

Why are you so cool?

roy, ganon, falcon, and link. i still play but i lost all my tech skill so i mostly spam fair and downb with ganon now.

i also like pit, d3, TOON LINK, ness, ike, and wario. im not at a competitve level with any of them though

the z in zman comes from my first name, zack. no cool or interesting story behind z, just my real name.

my coolness probably comes from the fact that i can't give two ****s about almost anything anymore

any plans for Peekay Bay Bay 2?

im getting a new laptop for christmas so produciton of peekay bay bay 2 will start soon

Do you consider yourself to be a Roy main above a Lucas main?

Favorite Soda?

Favorite fast food resturant?

i <3 roy and all but im more of a lucas main above roy main cause i go all lucas in tourny, something i didn't do with roy.

moutain dew and dr pepper. im trying to stop drinking soda though

sonic or wendys. everything else is too disgusting/expensive for my taste

loooool. ****ing Zack man.

zman sounds epicer/more epic than zack man :p

what's your easiest matchup?

marth

edit- lemme re-evaluate this one. im actually pretty confident fighting against any character cept for wario, snake, and yoshi

What are your plans for Christmas? :3

beat some games, listen to music, sleep, exerisce, watch some animu, read some mango.

If you consider yourself a lucas main over a roy main then why is you're icon roy?

roy has t3h ph1r3, he's a ******, and im too lazy to change it to someone else

Italian food or Mexican food?

mexican food.

Originally Posted by HelpR
where'd you get the nifty jojo sprites?

i stole them off of srk

DMG's QnA

What made you want to use Lucas?

Are you going to have an evasive playstyle with Lucas like your Wario?

Have you used him in any tournies yet?

Where on the tier list do you think Lucas belongs?

Wario is one of the best characters and Lucas isnt, why use Lucas out of everyone else?

What color scheme do you use?

Last one...Do you realise with your skills you could possibly change the way Lucas is played and make him better?

1. Lucas looked like fun to play as, and I was right. He's got cool hair, a cool Nair, a cool move set, and a cool name.

2. Going to have an evasive play style? Sir I already HAD that play style with Lucas the minute I picked him up lol. He's not too bad at doing it actually. He has good keep away options that I don't think have been exploited fully yet.

3. I have done a best out of 7 MM Lucas Ditto with Josh, and I have used him a few times in Low Tier events even though I usually use Jigglypuff for that, but for regular events I've not used him much. On opponent CP's, I have talked to Dphat about going Lucas/Ness on their stage choice for kicks, but that's about it. I do plan on using him more though in Singles, even if it's on their CP when I don't have much to lose.

4. Tier list position, I think he should be either around the same spot, or slightly higher. I think he is clearly a better character than Zelda, she was ranked too high last tier list. Pokemon Trainer is better overall (Squirtle carries his weight hard for that character), Ike is debatable. Some good Ike players have him as 5th worst/really bad. Others have him still higher than Lucas. I think Lucas could be better than him. Past that, the only character I think would drop below Lucas would be Sonic. Everyone else I think is better than him (Wolf, Fox, etc). Luigi POSSIBLY could be lower than him, but then again I tend to think Luigi is balls across the board and is a pretty terrible character, so that may just be a bias of mine.

5. Wario I play still because I know him so well at this point. I'm literally embedded with this character, some of what I have done has shaped his metagame. Regardless of whether I didn't like the character (which I love him, I used him for every Mario Party Game, for Mario Golf, for Mario Tennis, etc. I've always liked playing as Wario.), I would feel almost obligated to keep playing him. Lucas and Wario are similar in a lot of regards. They both have good Fsmashes, they both can recover well, they both have a good Dair/Nair, and similar Aerials overall (Uair feels the same, Bair is awkward for either character, Fair is like a quick surprisingly ranged poke, and what not).

6. I use every color Lucas. I have no preference. I do like certain Lucas Texture Hacks over others though.

7. I don't think I could change how people are supposed to play Lucas. I think I can refine/make better use of some of his tools, and maybe get the character recognized more widespread, but fundamentally I don't think I will change him that much.

Favorite fast food?

Favorite Lucas taunt?

What does your SWF name mean?

1. That's a hard one. It used to be Sonic, because they would have those Chicken Strip Sandwiches for $1, and if you got them fresh they were AMAZING. If you put some barbecue sauce on them, that made them **** harder. They recently raised the price of it, at least where I live, so it's a slight disappointment. Burger King has a good Double Cheeseburger/Chicken Sandwich deal, Wendy's has a good Chicken/Burger combo deal, etc. If we are talking about food purely, I would pick Sonic for the chicken sandwiches and the slushies/good tea drinks. If we are talking about best deal, I would say Wendy's ATM. I like most places, not a big fan of Dairy Queen or Whataburger though. They are good, but not up my alley.

2. I have my own Lucas taunt. I jab once in their direction, and retreating Dair away. That is my favorite, besides airdodging and canceling that with a Zair over and over lol.

3. DMG is an acronym for dr.mario guy. Back in the day, I saw smashboards, and wanted to join. Every other name I came up with was already taken. I was tired, and said screw it, no one is gonna know me most likely, so why not be Doctor Mario Guy? Of course, I didn't think spelling/spacing mattered, so I typed it as dr.mario guy and BOOM I got the name. For Melee, I never was able to get into the scene really. Waco had a local Scene, but I was entering it SUPER late, and I never was able to get a ride to anything. Eventually Brawl came out, and the first few tournaments I entered under my IRL name/under Chompy or something about Wario lol. One day while registering for a tournament, the TO asked for my name/what I wanted to be called by. I didn't wanna say dr.mario guy or explain how to spell it, so I just abbreviated it and said "DMG". After that, I was more involved in the scene, and that name stuck. After that point, most people referred to me as DMG. Once I saw the Premium Membership being offered, I decided to join for the custom title/support Smashboards, and I saw that I got name changes too. So I decided to Snag DMG before anyone else did, and I got it.

Originally posted by Yink:
Do you like Lucas' hair? I mean, he gets all the chicks.

1. I love his hair. Not in a gay "FABULOUS!!!" sense, but the fact that his hair is like that makes me feel more comfortable with my sexuality as a man. I can look at him and say "Hey, he looks bada**" and no one reputable would disagree.

FAVORITE THROW:

Dthrow or Uthrow. I like picking a random direction and then just running away.

Originally Posted by Yink
What's Texas like?

Is there a move Lucas possesses you don't use? If so, why?

Texas Weather is fickle, changes fast. Nice place, good Hooters (both the restaurant and the tatas), not everyone has an accent/cowboy boots/horse/gun/YEEHAW/etc lol. You would be surprised how many people believe that stereotype to dominate the state.

There is no move Lucas has that I do not use. I don't use Dash attack that much, and I don't use Bair that much, but not that much on purpose.

What stage IYO does Lucas do the best running away on?

Lucas can run well on Battlefield, Smashville, RC, sometimes Brinstar, Delfino, and a few other stages. He likes platforms.

play any other fighters besides smash?

whats the best way to defeat a stomach flu

I used to play Street Fighter a lot, used to be a really good Zangief back in the turbo days. I played MVC2 but not on a professional/******** level lol. I could infinite people/play gay with MSS, but after awhile the real FUN of the game was long gone with people basically just trying to land that one hit that will lead to your death. Tekken I also played some, especially Tekken Tag. I used to play a lot of games competitively, from Pokemon to Mario Kart to Mario Golf/Tennis/other stuff. Fighters, not too many of them, but still a few.

STOMACH FLU: INTAKE LOTS OF VITAMIN C, KEEP BODY TEMPERATURE COOLED, TAKE MEDICINE AS DIRECTED, LOTS OF FLUIDS PREFERABLY WATER, DON'T KISS YOUR GF.

DMG

Will

you...

DMG me

?

I would, if I hadn't done it already.

I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW. QUESTIONS ANSWERED THEN.

where does your name come from?

A man who resided deep in the mountains of Eastern Serbia came to me in a night spiritual vision. He foretold the events that were to come, and told me I would hence forth be known as DMG. If a man comes to you in a spiritual vision, you have to obey him.

Wait how does one become DMG'd?

To be DMG'd is to get got, just takes longer for me to make sure you get got, and it's more satisfying for me.

you just ****ing ranway with storm, didn't you?

Well they certainly weren't conservative on her curves in MVC2; go check the artwork gallery lol.

Can I be DMG'd too :D

When I DMG people, I tell them before I do it.

One day, I will tell you. And that day will be glorious.

I think they mean to learn how to time people out and play evasive like DMG's Wario.

Actually being DMG'd is being Damaged.

i think being dmg'd is like the z ride. if you have to ask you don't have the money for it.

My ride costs no money, but after wards leaves you in a sense of Awe, Shame, Humility, and slightly aroused at the **** that just occurred.

Origially posted by Pink Fresh:
Why is your sig made of seizures and epilepsy?

A hero of mine back on the Wario boards had a sig very similar to the one I have now. He quit visiting Smashboards awhile ago as far as I am aware of back when Wario boards first died, before the small revival, and then the death again that we basically have now.

He wasn't a well known Wario player, but almost every thread back then that he posted in, he would achieve glorious win and claim the thread as his. My sig is a tribute to him.

I also did it to piss people off a bit lmao.

Originally posted by Orange:
why are you so amazing?

I am amazing because as a baby I was blessed by a future version of myself that came back into the past to give me said blessing so that I would grow up to be amazing and be able to time travel, to bless myself obviously.

Chuee's QnA

Why Lucas?

Why are you 10x a better troll than me ;_;?

This goes way back to before I played the game competitively. Anyways I picked Lucas because my friend always picked Corneria so I would camp on the right side with PKT. Once I learned about the competitive scene I really didn't care enough about him being low to switch characters.

because I'm really good at making people mad >:D

Originally Posted by APC
what do think about this: "In the next Smash Bros game, Lucas & Ness will one character, you'll control both kids at the same time, something like the ICs"
Now, create that character (explain their specials, give tag attacks, ATs, etc.)

That would be.............................................. really strange.
The moveset wouldn't matter since they'd probably have an infinite. Too goodz.

Orinially Posted by Levitas:
when did you start trolling anyway? I stop frequenting the boards for a couple weeks, and when I come back you're trolling everyone ;-_-

I started trolling on AiB lucas boards >:D

Where did you get your name?

and being from KY too, how do you like it there?

Long story bro
KY is ok but most tournies are about 4 hours away =/

Originally Posted by RocketPSIence:
I want to hear the long story

This goes back to my first days on the internet :D
So anyways I joined this anime forum and just stayed in the chat because it wouldn't let me join. One of the xat chat pics was a train so I put my name as chu (lmao). So I just stuck with that until I decided to change it since ChuDat went by Chu. Long huh?

what others games do you play besides Brawl?
do you like those hacks versions of Brawl? (BBrawl, Brawl+...)

I play MW2 and Halo3.
I haven't played any of them but they look fun.

what is your favorite cereal?

Honey Nut Cheerios

Can you quote pl0x? Get some pics of yourself in the community pics thread >:V

Don't have any.

Levitas' QnA

hey levi! what's up? why are you such a cool guy?
^_^
It's the avatar choices. Even then, I'm barely approaching your level of coolness :p

Why have you betrayed all the Ness mains?

Lucas nair.

Originally Posted by Tokaio
Why do you like the moon so much??

It's served as an inspiration for me for as long as I remember. Someday, I hope to be a large rock hurtling through space.
Also, if the moon were to stop mid orbit and just drop, the power released would be in the magnitude of YottaWatts. I wanna redo the calculation because it's such an absurd number xD

lol @ EIDI, right?

I know, right?

I heard the Pizza Hut HQ is in Ann Arbor. Is this true?

I don't believe that, I actually have to drive to a neighboring city of ypsilanti to get my fix of pizza hut, and there aren't any that deliver to my apartment X_X

Originally Posted by Wobbuffet
All of the Lucas boards need updated pics >.>

Care to get a new pic of yourself Levi?

Sure, but I'm gonna have to dig one out, I don't know if I have any around.

when i was new to this board, you were like the most popular Lucas player here, looks like people knew you since Melee, as a Ness main, care to share with us your history in this board and the smash scene?

huh, sure.

Back when I first joined, I chilled mostly in the regional boards but also went to the ness boards. I guess the regulars there were me, thesage, and ademisk. sage is still around every so often, and I still talk w/ ademisk, but faces have really changed over the time I've been on... iirc EB360 posted every so often as well. Simna was the mod, and if you've seen simna post... well he's pretty awesome in his own way xD

We hosted melee tournaments regularly over the course of a year or two, and they were pretty sweet. Unfortunately, it seems that regardless of who I was playing, what the bracket was, or how many people were there, I always get 9th somehow. weird how that works...

I learned a lot about how melee works, and by the time brawl came out, I wanted to help out the ness and lucas boards. Some people already knew me, and the people who knew each other already from melee smashboards days had the advantage of knowing a lot about how smash works, so it was pretty useful to have a headstart with brawl.

I think the key to getting respect online is to keep a cool head and look at posts logically before responding. Taking a second to think about how you're gonna respond goes a long way, and almost all of our best posters are known for this.

Also, you guys rock! That's why I'm still around after this long :p

Why don't you use a tag in Brawl?

I need to think of a pun worthy of some sort of mental breakdown on behalf of my opponents before I stick to it as a tag

When are we going to Europe?

hmmm, what days look good for you? The sooner the better :p

When were you going to tell us that you were going to run away with Yink :mad:

LOL rPSI
why Europe and not Colombia?
ô_o huh? hmmm, I'll have to ask her that.

What Lucas costume do you play?

I use the standard costume for lucas for no particular reason :p

wtf where are you?
was this ( ō.ŏ ) your face when you saw that big picture of Chuck Norris? That's why Mike posted it, am i right?

Actually, I helped make that big picture of Chuck Norris. Good times...

Originally Posted by *Tyson*
Yeah pizza hut HQ is in TEXAS!!!

Levitas, what do you hope to have accomplished when you walk away from this game?
TBH, I'd really just like to do my part to help people understand how to get better with lucas.

Originally Posted by *Tyson*
1. Hmm standard Lucas, nothing wrong with that, i mean it IS Lucas.
2. Did you really? Thats too legit. Im impressed for sure

And 3rdly and most importantly, well i for one can honestly say you could walk away right now ( PLEASE DON'T!!!) and you will have already accomplished your goal ten fold. Just calling it how i see it.

:p thanks, I'm glad you see it that way

Originally Posted by DMG
If Sally is B, and Amanda is C, and Chelsey is D, who is F?

Furzedown is F

if you were playing taboo and the word "psychokinesis" came up, what would you say?

Pfft, real taboo players just use telepathy

Originally Posted by Simna ibn Sind
Jee whiz, Levitas *Luigi taunt*

haha namesearch :p

Originally Posted by heytallman
Oh yeah I forgot about this thread, and I've never posted in here. When the f do I get interviewed?

lol I forgot about this too

Tallman's QnA

Originally Posted by Zigsta
Tallman my man, what's your favorite movie of all time?

Top 5:
5. Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy)
4. Fantasia
3. Back to the Future
2. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
1. Forrest Gump

What Disney character would you say best summarizes you?
Hmmm....that is a tough question. A very tough question. I'm drawing a blank on this one. I guess to summarize my current situation, Simba, in that I'm getting through some stuff and working to get back on top, and someday be king.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how annoying is Cresselia?
Without sandstorm, 8. With sandstorm, 2.

Originally Posted by *SniperNightOwl*
why do you say you suck yet you team with a super good player and **** in low tier doubles?

Because I get bracket****ed in every other event.

why can't you accept that Master Porky has everything that i want in a man, and you will always be second to him?
Because Master Tallman won't leave you for another era to go off and build an army of fatties and an empire and take over the world.

why is it wrong for me to think Fassad's banana is rather tasty?
Because my banana is tastier.

your blog about the HOBO series are great, what will you say about WHOBO2?

First off, thanks for the compliment about my articles :D Second, I already have, check it out if you haven't already: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=746 It's the most I've ever written about any one tournament, and I like how it turned out.

Originally Posted by Jbandit
Why did you start to main Lucas?

I enjoyed using Ness in Melee. When those daily Brawl updates were going on, one day, they announced Lucas. At that time, Ness had yet to be announced. I read what they had to say about Lucas, and they said that his bair could spike. I thought to myself, "I loved using Ness' bair in Melee, and now it can spike? I'm using Lucas." Unfortunately, after Brawl came out, it turns out that the bair spike is quite unreliable, and Lucas is pretty bad, but oh well, he's fun, so I keep using him.

Favorite move to use of his?
My favorite move of Lucas' is definitely PK Fire. I love running away and shooting retreating PK Fires at my opponent. I definitely play pretty campy with Lucas.

What's your secondary? third?
For my secondary, I'd say ROB. I actually have been using him more in tournaments than Lucas as of late. With ROB I can play really campy, and it makes certain matchups like Marth and even Snake a bit more tolerable.

As for a third, I've been practicing a bit with Pikachu, but have yet to actually use it in a tournament. I hope to, some day, because I think Pikachu is a lot of fun.

Highest you have placed in a tourny? Lowest?
Hmm, if you count low tier events, then I placed 2nd at HOBO 23 with Gnes. That tournament, I won back all my entry money except for like, $2. I was mad that I didn't break even, although I did do pretty well for myself that day. If you don't count low tier events, then once I placed 7th out of like 21 at this small tournament at a Play 'n Trade a good ways back. That tournament I lost to....I think maybe Jerm (Toon Link) in winners (because we play every tournament it seems, lol) and Popertop (Wario) in loser's. I was happy that I made top 8 in something.

As far as worst placing goes, I've not made it out of pools/placed dead last in brackets at a few tournaments, but I don't really care. I really just go to hang out with the people there.

Best part of Lucas?
The game he's from. Mother 3 is one of the best games I have ever played, and I think every gamer should play it. It's truly a masterpiece.

where have you been?

The Houston thread, mostly.

Originally Posted by shadow1pj
why haven't we had gay love?

Because you're black.

Originally Posted by _proxy_
How tall are you?

I'm 6'0" I'm not outrageously tall, Tallman is my last name.

What color Lucas?
Normal color Lucas. Always. But in teams, I like blue Lucas the best.

Originally Posted by rPSI
Favorite food?

Fettucine alfredo, with some grilled chicken thrown in. Mmmm. My favorite genres of food are Tex-Mex, Italian, and then Chinese.

Favorite drink?
It's super rare, or they don't make it any more, but my favorite soda is Pepsi with Lime. Oh God, it's amazing. I would drink nothing but that if it was still around. I haven't had one in like 3-4 years D:

Favorite smasher to hang out with?
Well, he doesn't play Smash really anymore, but I'd say my buddy Robert (known here as Gea) is my favorite person to chill with. As far as active players go, Xyro's always fun to hang out with.

I know you have a Sonic AIM icon so...which do you like more? Sonic or Lucas? (don't get into, "does old school count instead of new school", just pick one :p)

lol I got that AIM icon when I was in 7th grade....so like 7-8 years ago. The reason I still have it is because I'm too lazy to change it.

But as far as your question goes, Sonic, definitely. I never owned a Sega Genesis as a kid, yet I LOVED Sonic. The first pet I remember having that wasn't our dog Deanna was a goldfish named Sonic. I watched the Sonic cartoons all the time (both AoStH and SatAM). I still have a Sonic plush from when I was a kid. I own the complete SatAM series on DVD, and have read up on what was supposed to happen in future seasons after it was cancelled. Needless to say, I've liked Sonic for a long time.

Lucas just happened to be in an amazing game, and happened to be from the same series as one of my Melee "mains" (quotation marks because I wasn't really around for competitive Melee) and happened to be fun to use.

Galeon

Smash Ace
When did you decide to main Lucas? Did you know he was your char when he was announced or did it just kind of happen?

If you could change 3 of Lucas's moves or attributes in any way to make him a better or more fun char, what would they be?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

Sade

Smash Cadet

Obviously Lucas isn't top tier, and I've noticed a lot of mains have lost confidence in him. What keeps you maining Lucas?

Have you played Mother 3 or any of the Earthbound/Mother games?

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
What configuration do you have for your controller? I've watched some videos and it looks like you use default. Pretty much asking do you think b stick is worth it, or are the better advantages with default, or whatever you use?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Holy crap I've been saying it wrong the whole time...

Can you upload a pic of yourself for us to use on the OP?

If they didn't have Lucas in SSB4 who would you play or want to have be playable?

Uffe

Smash Hero
If you could have any of Lucas' powers, which one would you choose?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
What ever he feels comfortable answering and feels like answering

don't lie now, rocket, this is OUR original idea that we came up with in the obr, so nobody steal it >_>
Check the ROB boards

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
play any other games competitivly besides brawl?

No. I suck at most games besides super smash bros. I really like blazblue though. I play Carl Clover and aside from getting an infinite once in a blue moon against scrubs, I suck. I'm mediocre at Melee and would get destroyed in a tournament with good people at it. I use Fox and Jigglypuff in Melee.

I decided to main Lucas when I first saw Dmbrandon using him before the game was released in the USA. I liked how he moved in the air and his Usmash. I also planned on using Dedede just because I liked the character but after playing him for a short while decided I didn't like how he moved.

My favorite kill move is Usmash. Especially if it's on Brinstar.

I would give him a normal grab rather than a tether grab, less lag on PK Thunder 1 and 2 like Ness has and get rid of grab release nonsense. I swear he would be high tier if these changed.

Iced tea. With lemon or cranberry juice.

What's lucas' most underrated move?

Probably PK Thunder. People never seem to notice how much damage it does even when it doesn't gimp. I've done like 30% with just one edgeguard with it before and have vids to prove it!

Probably his jab or something. But PK Thunder is my favorite.

Depends. I've had a lot of people tell me how broken Lucas's Dsmash and Usmash are. But the people who play me a lot think a lot of his Nair and jab probably for good reason.

Tyr is the name of the Norse God of War. I'm big into theology and mythology and it seemed fitting. In Norse mythology, Tyr sacrifices his arm for the greater good of humanity and the other Gods. I like the idea of that. I decided on it long before I went to my first tournament. Although I almost used the tag "Galt" after John Galt from Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged because I like that book so much.

I don't go to tournaments to make money. I think of it as an entertainment expense like going to the movies or something. Playing Lucas is fun. Most other characters aren't fun to me so I rarely use them. I often have tournament sets that more people end up watching than the grand finals. People like cheering for the underdog and I like being the underdog.

Have you played Mother 3 or any of the Earthbound/Mother games?

I played Earthbound once for about 15 minutes before I got bored. I'm really ADD when it comes to video games and hardly ever can get into them anymore aside from smash. I started FFVII 2 months ago and I'm still on disc 1. I've never seen or played Mother 3 but people tell me it's a good game.

I use default controls because it's easiest for me to control Lucas that way. I use tap jump for magnet cancelling and I like to keep my c-stick so that I can use Dair more easily without sacrificing aerial control. It was also easiest when switching to Brawl from Melee.

oh and how do you pronounce tyr? i either spell out t-y-r or say it like tire.

No one says it right. If you want to get really technical about it, in gaelic or whatever it should be pronounced "tur." I've always gone by a more modern prenunciation as in "tier." People who don't know me pronounce and/or spell it wrong all the time so it's become kind of a running gag where I'll enter as "tear," "tier," "tire" and other variations as my tag.

Diddy. He's ****ing ********.

Probably like Crono or Geno or some other character that'll never make it in.

How often do you play brawl on a daily basis? ....

I play once or twice a week tops. I don't have a wii or a tv in college.

.....and how often do you go to tourneys?

It depends. Sometimes as often as every weekend or every other weekend.

have you ever gotten 3-stocked? Who did that?

I can't remember the last time I was 3 stocked in a tournament match but I'm sure it's happened atleast a few times. People 3 stock me in friendlies relatively often lol. Especially M2K.

clowsui

Smash Legend
IDK out of lucas' moves i think ftilt is one of his best. i like jab too haha. this is all based on what i've experienced of course...though i might have just have always had bad di on ftilt

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
what makes you different from other Lucas' mains?

The biggest thing I notice between myself and other Lucas mains who want to get better is that I have better DI and can autocancel things consistently (especially PKT2.) The biggest difference between myself and other Lucas mains who've made names for themselves in their regions is that I use a lot more gimmicks than them. I think most people have better spacing and punishment than I do but set up fewer traps than I do. I'm really good against people the first time I play them but tend to get ***** once people learn my style. The key to Lucas's metagame is a balance between knowing when to throw out crazy tricks and hope they run into it and when to react to their mistakes and punish imo. I need to work on spacing and punishment a lot. :(

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Again, I think a pic that either A) Is of you or B) Represents you (like the mythic Tyr) would be nice to have on the OP...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
what happened at your first Brawl tourney?

My first tournament was Season's Beatings II in Columbus, Ohio. It was pretty cool because Forward, Alphazealot and Inui were all there and I'd heard of them on smashboards. Most of the people there were pretty bad at the game and I was able to hold a tv for friendlies for most of the time before the tournament started, losing only to dookdiggity's Lucario a few times. For my first tournament I played decently well but ended up losing because of nerves. I got 9th out of like 56 or something using only Lucas.

When do you try to go for the Dair-Dtilt-Smash combo? On which characters is it easiest to pull off?

People honestly have to mess up their spacing pretty bad to get a Dair combo on them. It happens a lot when people miss grabs or if you can powershield some moves. The easiest characters to do it on are light weights like Metaknight and Game and Watch. The hardest are the heavy weights like Snake. For some reason heavy weights get knocked out of it a lot even when they're in the right percentage for a dtilt lock after it.

I would never stop using Lucas altogether but he might end up as a secondary at some point. I've experimented with a lot of high tier characters and never liked them enough to stick with them. I've been using the Ice Climbers lately and that might stick so we'll see. Lucas is really good on his counterpicks so I think he's a valuable character to know.

In most of the videos that are up of my Lucas I'm sandbagging pretty hard. I like to try out new things especially if I know I'm being recorded to see how they work out. Most of the videos of me are of matches where I either know that I'm going to win or I know that I'm going to lose so I don't worry much about things not working. I like my first match vs. m2k. I like my second match vs. hateoni just because of the last kill (I was actually playing pretty poorly that day if you watch the 1st and 3rd matches. Skip to 4:15 for match 2.) Most of my videos vs. Notra are pretty entertaining because he clearly hadn't fought a Lucas before. There are a ridiculous number of stupid mistakes in them but I use a lot of silly tricks in them. I wish I'd had either of the sets where I took games off Judge recorded or the set where I beat Lain recorded because they'd be cool to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFOBdTJFhg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYw46IHIPM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNyJoUHqQ8

If I remember I'll upload a picture at some point. It might be a while though. There aren't many pictures of me and I'm lazy. If it helps, everyone says I look like Claus lol.

lil cj

Smash Lord

How did it feel to brawl M2K? What did he say about your Lucas? Has he changed his mind about the character at all?

Tyr your Lucas is awesome!....Im so glad I had a chance to meet you.
I learned so much

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I would be honoured to ask you a question Tyr.

Who is the person you want to play against the most using Lucas? By that I mean, what brawler and what is their character, and why would you want to play them?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
What do you think about the Peach vs. Lucas match-up?

I used to think it was Peach's advantage but now I'm not as sure. It might be even or something. Whenever I'm not sure about a matchup I just assume it's even. What are the odds of a Peach main fighting a Lucas main anyway lol?

Lucas isn't being played to his full potential. We don't have a M2K of Lucas. He's still a pretty bad character but if someone could play him perfectly he could potentially place really well. Atleast until people really started exploiting his weaknesses which they would if anyone really got that good with him. A Lucas main could probably get top 10 or even top 5 in a national tournament if he got a good bracket and really played well.

M2K's a pretty chill guy. When I first played him all of my friends got 3 stocked and I was the first one to actually take a stock or two off of him which felt pretty good. I don't think he really thought much of my Lucas until I beat Lain in tournament the next day which seemed to really catch him by surprise. I play a lot of friendlies with him at tournaments and catch him off guard with Lucas tricks like PK Freeze stagespiking him lol. We both get a good laugh out of it. He thinks Lucas isn't that bad. I think he even mentioned him being mid tier. But we both agree that Ness is better. M2K's opinions change a lot though it seems lol.

Kind of depends on the situation. Dair is really good against people that don't know how to fight Lucas because they don't shield all 4 hits. Dair beats most attacks they can throw out with a few strong exceptions while Nair destroys people who sit in their shields. So it kind of depends on what they're going to do. Lucas's approach options are pretty bad to be honest.

Lucas shouldn't really ever win against Snake in my opinion. Probably not Marth either. Honestly there are a lot of characters that Lucas has no business winning against but can when the other person isn't sure of what they're doing in the matchup.

There are a lot of people I want to play. Hunger, Meep, Atomsk, Ksizzle, Shadow, SK92, DEHF, Fiction, Seibrik, Red Halberd, CO18, Reflex, Tyrant, Dojo. Basically any big name that I haven't already played against lol. I just want to see if I can beat them with my Lucas. I'm not very interested in playing any Snake or Diddy players because I really don't like fighting those characters with Lucas. It's not fun to me. I'll money match pretty much anyone though.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I have a question for Tyr

Are.....are you a Yoshi?
I have one too

Did your dad spit you out of an egg?

SERIOUS-NESS Now:

When you first picked up Lucas, were there any times when you got so mad you thought, "I need to give him up"?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
What would be your reaction if an unknown player from a different country beats you in tournament? Would you stop thinking that non-USA competition is a joke?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
What's your favorite partner, character wise?

Probably Snake. But I really want to team with a Peach or a ZSS sometime. I don't know why. Just seems fun. One of my favorite doubles experiences was teaming with a Jigglypuff main. In general I don't take doubles very seriously.

Yeah lots of times. Even now I have days where I think I'll drop him. Usually doesn't last long. More often I have days when I think I'll quit the game entirely. That's much more likely.

Every region's top players are pretty much on-par with eachother. Ally, Holy and Swordgard are probably all comparable to most of the top US players. Armada showed that he was up to the level of American Melee players at Genesis. Regions with smaller populations or more spread populations (atleast as far as SSBB players) are more likely to have fewer of these top players and a larger skill level gap between their top players and their next best players. Losing to the best players of another country wouldn't surprise me. Losing to a random from another country would (unless it's Snake lol.) It really wouldn't change my viewpoint on the subject though. The east coast probably has the highest concentration of good players. This means there are more chances to run into one in bracket. This means it is more competitive. The top 3 from every region would probably all go about even. But the top 20 would not.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
just some tips to get this thread more interesting:
1. for the player who is answering, try to multiquote, it is much easier for you to answer and for people who is reading
2. for Rocket, use [ CODE] [ /CODE] instead of quoting
3. i know it makes harder your work, but try to put in the bold the questions
4. let the interviewee choose the next one to be interviewed

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Multiquoting messes up my laptop because the connection at my dorm is really bad. Sorry! Copy and paste is the only way I can do it right now. But yeah, the next person totally should.

And to the best of my knowledge, I am not now, nor have I ever been a Yoshi.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I know, I'm going to reformat it when we start the next person... That's just what has been said already for reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom