• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The New" R.O.B. Player interview thread

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
This will be strictly for asking questions about the Rob player of the week. I made this for everyone who is curious about our awesome Rob player/pros. So the heres how it'll work everyone post your question below and the interviewee will answer them to the best of their ability.
(I got this idea from the Lucas boards, an later realized we had one of these a while back.)

1st we'll start with a VURY active ROB player/user.
Week #1: Interviewing TheMIKE. (TheMIKE's answers to evryone's questions on Page 3.)
Here is the link to the answers: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254415&page=3

Week #2: The very Irish, GWjumpman (Questions for GW start on pg. 4&5) (GWjumpman's answers to everyones questions on Page 5.)
Here is the link to the answers: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254415&page=5

Week #3: One of our Moderators, ChiboSempai (Questions for ChiboSempai start on pg. 5)Chibo's answers to everyone's questions on Pg. 7
Here is the link to the answers: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254415&page=6

Week #4: Our other moderator and my ROB buddy whom keeps me "in line", Sudai! (questions for Sudia begin on Pg.7 and continue to Pg.8)

Enjoy, everyone.
please try to stay on topic. TY.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
are you really from Brazil. If so how is the smash scene in Brazil. What is your worst MU, what is your easiest MU.

Yang Ming

Smash Rookie
Why do you main ROB?

If you were going to a Bottom Tier only tournament, which character would you choose?

Sorry if my questions aren't gramatically right.

That's it. /o/

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I main him because...

Well, ROB looks like the robotic coopilot from StarTropics (named Nav-Com, and an actual ROB cameo) and since StarTropics is my favorite NES game, then I chose ROB.

Low leveled tourney play? I'd choose Samus, but is she still Bottom Tier?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
u just put the questions u r answering in a quote box then respond to them in this thread. The DK boards have one of these if u want to go there and see how it is done

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
What was it like to have the beepin swine flu?
Do you think being a robot helped you survive it?

LemisSSBB

Smash Rookie
Should I ask in English or Portuguese ?In portuguese, maybe i´ll translate that !

Mike, o que você sentiu quando fizemos a escolha errada na semifinal da crew no AF ?

Cor de cueca preferida ??

Na sua opnião, qual é o melhor player do EUA e do Brasil ?

TheMike

Smash Lord
Lemis, English is better. You'll soon ask in Portuguese, but in another interview.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I main him because...

Well, ROB looks like the robotic coopilot from StarTropics (named Nav-Com, and an actual ROB cameo) and since StarTropics is my favorite NES game, then I chose ROB.

Low leveled tourney play? I'd choose Samus, but is she still Bottom Tier?
shinhed, this is for themike, not you.
What GWjumpman said....

Hmm, how will this work? Via PM, MSN, AIM...?
u just put the questions u r answering in a quote box then respond to them in this thread. The DK boards have one of these if u want to go there and see how it is done
What NAGACE said.... :)

We have one. I made it, but no one cared enough to keep it going.
I'll keep this going. :)

Can I go next?
Yes, you can Gwjumpman.

Also this seems to be working...so is this a good thread?

My questions: How often do you play brawl? and
How often do you go to tournaments?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Since I haven't done any questions:

Are you currently in a relationship with a ROBina?

Are you mentally stable?

What's your opinion on the current world peace status?

tocador

Smash Lord
How bad do you think i own u?

Thoughts on the DK x R.O.B MU?

Is diddy underrated?

Do you think R.O.B has untapped potencial, or we have pretty much reached his peak of the meta game?

Best player in US. Best Player in Brazil. Best Melee player. Best overall player.

Do you think falco is overrated?

What is your favorite part about maining R.O.B?

What rob color do you use?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what happened to the old interview thread

a poll shoudl be held for whose next

as for a question...

Chicken or Lamb Gyro?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Lol...
funny Dull but It's gotta be fair.
And u need to add stingers to the list of sexy ROB'ers

Y'all all smell like codfish. BUT, more to the point: what's the smash scene/skill level like where you are from, theMIKE?

Sudai

Stuff here
Instead of picking, have like a week for people to nominate people and then vote...or just have ROBs be like "I want to be interviewed!" and vote out of that pool.

TheMike

Smash Lord
DuLL_RaZer
Q: Who are you? Where do you live?
A: First of all, my name is Marcelo Silveira Mariano Nunes and I'm 14 years old if somebody wants to know. Well, I'm a Robot that lives in Brazil. =]

Q: what's the smash scene/skill level like where you are from, theMIKE?
A: Brazilian Midwest is kinda poor. But I consider Brazil in general at a high level. We have many good players, such as kizzukun(retired lol), Aisengobay, Kovarish, Chaudgobay, Djudjo(this guy *****) and some others.

N.A.G.A.C.E.
Q: are you really from Brazil. If so how is the smash scene in Brazil. What is your worst MU, what is your easiest MU.
A: Yes, I am. And we have a huge community, nothing compared to the USA, but it's a good community anyway. We have tournaments all over the country, and we also have a board(www.1upsmash.zip.net) created by Kizzukun. My worst MU is DDD. I hate that penguin :[ And my easiest one is Ike(not counting Ganon lol haha).

Yang Ming
Q: Why do you main ROB?
A: cause he's sexy <3

Q: If you were going to a Bottom Tier only tournament, which character would you choose?
A: Probably Link.

Mister Eric
Q: What was it like to have the beepin swine flu?
A: It wasn't good at all.

Q: Do you think being a robot helped you survive it?
A: And yeah. It helped a lot hahaha

Lightosia
Q: How did you go this famous as a ROB mainer in the US?
A: I don't think that I am famous. I just became popular for being active and making discussions, such as the How to Deal With Specific Moves/Match-ups/Secondaries ones.

Q: Are you going to other Sao Paulo's tournaments?
A: Sure. I'll PROBABLY be able to go to Super Smash Pros Tournament III

Lemis
Q: Mike, how did you feel when we made the wrong decision during the Crew Battes Semi-Finals from Evo South America?
A: Blamed. I was the one who had to play against Mc$³³. We lost the battle choosing Bent to play as Diddy vs a Luigi.

Q: Who is the best USA and Brazilian player in your opinion?
A: Brazil = Kovarish. USA = M2K.

6Mizu
Q: How often do you play brawl? and how often do you go to tournaments?
A: I'm always playing Brawl on weekends :] And I go to small tournaments in my region(Brazilian Midwest). I just go to big ones when I'm on vacation(July, December and January) when I travel to the Brazilian Southwest.

GwJumpman
Q: Are you currently in a relationship with a ROBina?
A: No. Maybe if Dull and toasty wore better clothes hahahaha

Q: What's your opinion on the current world peace status?
A: Since we don't have wars like the Worldwide ones, it's ok IMO. Not good enough, but ok.

tocador
Q: How bad do you think i own u?
A: u mad

Q: Thoughts on the DK MU?
A: ROB ***** anyone <3

Q: Do you think R.O.B has untapped potencial, or we have pretty much reached his peak of the meta game?
A: Sure he has potential. He's awkward though. However, he'll probably have some more metagame development.

Q: What is your favorite part about maining R.O.B?
A: This board.

Q: What rob color do you use?
A: I main ROB with any color.

Q: Chicken or Lamb Gyro?
A: I hate Chicken. But I love you(<3)

Sorry for not using quote boxes. :[

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
TheMike is only 14 he is making me feel old. anyway are we still asking TheMike more questions or are we moving on?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I really liked those questions/answers, cool stuff
so you came to evo i take it from the answers? any other time ul be comin back to the us?

i wouldnt mind being interviewed :)

Top Bottom