• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ottawa Brawl PR, or How I Learned to Love the Brawl! Updated March 1, 2010

PND

Smash Champion
The New and Sexy Ottawa Brawl PR!

Our old PR was inactive for a while, so we decided to kick-start this one to give a burst of competition to the community. The PR will not be updated on any particular schedule, but expect fairly consistent updates. Placement is determined by tournament placings and by our panel of judges.

Panelists:
: Buenob : :rob: : Knuckles : :metaknight: : Haze : :diddy:

"Tiers Are For Queers" Tier
1. = Knuckles : :metaknight:
2. = Buenob : :rob: / :metaknight:
3. ^ Haze : :diddy: / :snake:
4. v Zylem : :wario: / :dk2:
5. ^ Linkshot :lucario:
6. ^ Matt07 : :mario2:
7. v HiDef : :kirby2:
8. ~ MEGAKNIGHT? :random:
9. ^ Jiggernaut : :jigglypuff:
10. ~ MALCORE :dedede:
11. v SAUS : :ike:
12. ~ Aaron : :yoshi2: / :falco:
13. = BC Al : :popo:
14. = LivewiresXe : :marth:
15. ~ FrenchToast : :lucas: / :fox:
16. ~ Kizuzu : :peach:
17. ~ APU Relinquinshed : :pikachu2:
18. v Lunchbox : :pikachu2: / :gw:

"Footloose" Tier

Arsenic : :ivysaur: / :falcon:

"Ottawa MVP For Life" Tier
Fogel : :snake: / :rob:

**ALL COMPLETED LEAGUE MATCHES WERE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT**

**COLORS OF NAMES DON'T MEAN A **** THING**

buenob

Smash Lord
thought we should post this up :) in general, it was fairly easy to establish the tiers, but within each tier we bickered a bunch... also, this is totally on "current play" not "where we think people will be"... if you think you deserve to be higher, play better :p lol

Matt07

Smash Master
Niice this is looking pretty awesome guys. I also liked how you guys used songs to list people into different tiers. Awesooome.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's a pretty good looking tier, I say. Never Gonna Give You Up tier for the win. Oh, and wasn't Darkbeast listed as Olimar just a few mins ago?

Edit: Also, I love the Dr.Strangelove reference, lol.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm pretty sure I should be lower.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be on this list.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that neither should PND.

Then again, I might actually show up (at midnight) on friday. *shrug*

Mikes for Nottawa-tier :(

:054:

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Did it really need a new thread? It could just be incorporated into the biweekly thread or the the regular thread. having 3 threads is kind of necessary imo since our community is relatively small.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I don't like the song to my tier list, I demand a better song.

4serial

buenob

Smash Lord
lol we decided on thread #3 because HD is for lolz and this is more serious than that, but the bi-weekly thread is about what's going to actually happen, so we didn't want to clutter it up with inane bantering about who's better than who

ps. I just finished a bunch of matches with knuckles, and I'm gonna call it 50/50 for us right now :)...

PND

Smash Champion
I assume that meant illicit substances, not character based. So. . . yeah. Oh, Ben, a tip for beating his Link -- pick Captain Falcon. 60% of the time it works every time.

EDIT: Where's the crazy drama? I expected way more.

EDIT2: Should I add secondaries to the list?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
First off, Randy is too good at melee and brawl. Secondly I should be put on the tier list. That is all.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, if people use secondaries they should be added in my opinion. I know this is a bit early but are you guys also planning on doing team PR?

Also I agree this needs more drama!

buenob

Smash Lord
team pr?

and charlesz
NOOOOOOOO! MY HELMET!!!
who are you? lol

PND

Smash Champion
Team PR? Like, PR listing the teams? Or a PR listing players with how well the contribute to teams? Interesting thought, but I don't know if there are enough static teams to really count.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Infzy- Enough out of you! We can put you in our pr if we want to!

Matt- re: Teams PR. Well both doubles play and singles play count toward your placing on the tier list, but as for a seperate pr there are no current plans...

Ben- thanks :) Still think you may be being a bit generous on 50/50 though.

Bosak- good job on being awesome

Randy- The song names stay. You'll just have to work your way into a different song.

Ariel- No! Ottawa gets 3 threads now! 3!

PND

Smash Champion
Bryant: We both have sexy Marvel avatars. That's awesome. This thread is just another chance to flaunt that awesomeness.

For the record, when I'm back in Ottawa I'm tanking my way to "You're the Best Around" tier. Watch out.

Matt07

Smash Master
Eh disregard that message, haha I'm horrible at explainig myself, and Bryant pretty much explained how it went, thanks :).

Gonna try and work my way up one person at a time :O.

PND

Smash Champion
Ben, that was a great link. I recommend everyone watches it.

Oh, and thanks Llumys. (my idea, gloat gloat gloat)

EDIT: And Ben, u mad. U mad cuz Domino is stylin' on u

Matt07

Smash Master
Ben that was an extremely helpful video. It's so very basic, yet so in depth at the same time. It's amazing how things may seem simplistic, yet have so much more meaning to them...

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Mike- Domino sucks. Storm is my marvel girl because she does not suck.

@Bryant- See above. Replace Domino w/ Emma.

@Ben- Stopped watching the video at 1 min cause that guy was kinda boring. What's the gist of it?

@Llumys- Hi.

@Matt- As per your drama request, I now assert that you will never surpass my Luigi because my final smash is more useful. And Luigi is taller than Mario.

@Panel of Judges- Doubles shouldn't be taken into account, since it requires a similar, though distinct skill set that does not apply to singles.

I end this with a picture of IRL Caterpie

EDIT: For comparison:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
This thread is going to fail becasue of these reasons:

1. No one but Ottawa cares about Ottawa. We are the weakest brawl scene out of all the others and no one is going to care about the best of the worst.

2. Everyone in Ottawa (save buenob and nukls, PND and Infzy not counted) aren't know well enough for their to be outside drama starters to care. Since it is pretty much undisputed that Buenob is top, no one is going to care that ChaosVsOrder is better than Jiggernaut.

3. Seriously, another thread? Cmon, I gave PNDmike my password already, you can edit the old one to be this awesome one. I am NOT going to a new thread just to see who has gone up or down.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Ariel- Storm is awesome (one of my cats is named Ororo). And much as I love emma, she isnt my "marvel girl" shes second to rogue. As for doubles effect on pr, I wouldnt say that doubles requires different skills. It's the same game you just focus on different aspects. Singles count more...

buenob

Smash Lord
lol, the list is the list for now :)

also, randy - you don't have to ever check this :p its not for you/. Maybe ariel cares how we think he's doing? mabe not? I got a lot of questions about bryant and dave in montreal, so, yeah, some people might care :p

tha_carter

Smash Ace
oh ****, i never knew i played so many ottawians (Lol sp?)

good stuff to all that made the list. Hope to see you at future tourneys

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
If you're going by user names, can I be listed as Zylem please? I'd make a new account with the user name Zylem but I don't care that much about it. Still, I'd prefer going by my tag.

Matt07

Smash Master
@Matt- As per your drama request, I now assert that you will never surpass my Luigi because my final smash is more useful. And Luigi is taller than Mario.
Lol, Final Smashes. Luigi's is easy to avoid. And all he does is dance. Could it look anymore stupid, and be more useless? Luigi is taller than Mario, but I don't see him getting any girls.

OH SNAP.

Also to keep this on topic; hopefully I do really well on the upcoming weeks. I need to get out of Rick Astley tier D:.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol TO.Joe now I finally have solid MK experience :) looking forward to playing you again

I'd say randy could move up a spot or two, if he keeps up the non-sandbagging, and riley could also move up... no one was really playing poorly, but both stepped up :) we'll have to confer again

buenob

Smash Lord
why would we want to be like toronto? you guys have way too much drama :) and metaknights lol

Top Bottom