• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** MELEE MAYHEM!! ** 12/05/09 bring set ups!!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Me and Derek are running this one this time around here are teh rules.

General Information

Date:
December 5th 2009

Schedule:
Registration Sign ups at 11:00am
Tournament (Doubles) will begin at 2:30pm
Singles will be played whenever Doubles ends
Free Play/Side Events until whenever. ZP never really closes

Entry Fees:
Registration/Door Fee - $5
Melee Singles-$10
Melee Doubles - $20 per team
Side Events - $1 or $5
Bring a Cube/Wii and Melee set up to lower or remove your door fee.
May change doubles to $7 per person depending on majority vote.

Payout:
Singles - 60/30/10
Doubles - 60/30/10
Side Events - 90/Money Back/Pat on back
If over 30 entrants then I may payout to 4th place.

Address:
5450 South State Road 7, Hollywood, Florida, 33174 Suite Number 41.

Zero Ping is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen. Those are two exits off of I-95. Take I-95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from I-95. When you hit 441/State Road 7 (its the same street) Make a right so you should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. After that the second Street is called Lucky Street. Make a right there into the plaza.

Contact Info:
Name: Dale aka nicaboy
AIM: nicaboy45
Cell: 786-487-5621
Email:nicaboy2233@yahoo.com

Name- Derek aka ballistics
Cell-954-304-2152

Feel free call us for any questions

RULES:

* We'll be using most of WABA Games Melee Rule Set.

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 4 stock, 7 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 13.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (Rising Pound, Peach Bomber, etc..) Stalling can result in a forfeit of that match for the player thats "stalling" by a TO or judge.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death both players are to suicide immediately. No fighting with bombs @ 300. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules:

- In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinite's (i.e. wobbling) will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinite's are allowed.

- BYOC, Always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Set team attack to "on" and Life Stealing is allowed in doubles.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. (That's me!)

Stages:

Starter -
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counter -
- Pokefloats
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City (singles Only)
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned -
Everything else

And bringset ups!!! cubes and wii!!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Attendence
Nicaboy
Ballistics
Linguini?
Flamin Roy
Smiles
Spider Sense
Andres
Phanna
Project
Dashizwiz
Uber Ice
Johnny(who owns us all)
Kevin
Chris
Doodah
Cameron
Hungrybox
Col bol
Precision
Trikome
Crispyone
Steven

And much more people I dont remember lmao

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Well Brinstar is still a CP at Pound to neutralize Cruise for spacies. I think all tournies should be using p4 ruleset to train :).

btw p4 ruleset is officially the SBR ruleset now

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yo Dale you gonna get Georgia down here? Cause that'd be sick.
Um I can try fo sho. I told emillio but he was like na man dont get to many people but **** why not. Where my Ga nuggahs at?

**** shizwiz and everybody is coming again?
Atm sure unless they tell me other wise.

i dont like that mute city and brinstar are in counterpicks, we really need to impose pound 4 rules dale
I agreee with you actualy but people where *****ing about it. I could care less at the same time cuz im pretty confident on most stages I think we should give the community what they want though. Im open to p4 rules though fo sho.
Well Brinstar is still a CP at Pound to neutralize Cruise for spacies. I think all tournies should be using p4 ruleset to train :).

btw p4 ruleset is officially the SBR ruleset now
Zomg link?

Linguini

Smash Master
here in FL if stadium is a cp then FoD is too. if theres 2 non neutrals in the neutral stage list then why keep one and get rid of the other. *logic*

oh and dale dont worry about anything i said,do whatever you think will work.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Juan the date of the tournament is whenever you can come, cuando mi amigo?

Yea Dale lets do pound4 or emilio modified pound4 rules so that we can be as legit as possible, which btw, wobbling is allowed at. =)

Emilio's opinion is unbiased so I say we let him decide.

Thanks for ze support alex and plairnk.

O and dont worry about Georgia coming that drive is horrendous. Maybe if we do a bigger one later.

And until we have Kevin confirmed from SWFL, which he might actually be in NY, Shizwiz UI and Phanna may not be confirmed.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lmao yes p4 rules no modifying ****. Especially if its sbr new official one. I wanna take a vote for what the community wants.

Im still waiting on hiroshi answer back. I think our date is fine. SFL is going this weekend to wato its only fair the drive down the next one. Hopeful hiroshi understands and changes his date. We might not even have a December tourney since most of us are going to winterfest. Im thinking nothing in FL til January after this.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty sure Justin Peach azn lover is going i dunno bout the slynkee justin, i want him and kye to come

I think im gonna get all the fau kids to sit down and make a smashboards account
wtf...lol asian lover. Just cause my girl is Filipino doesn't mean i'm an asian lover. I just love all women =P

but back on topic

I can go probably, Just as long as I don't work i'll head out there.

P.S. sorry for rage quitting on our match earlier today btw derek. It was more me pissed I got spiked without doign what I normally do against it, and I had to pee, and I had to go to class. I was just like screw it I'm goin to class

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
lol no worries justin, kamusta ka! -(tagalog) "rage quitting" is just taking control of the end of the game

yo we need to hang out man, introduce me to those azn beauties
I can introduce you to some beauties, Don't know too many azn beauties though.lol

I can ask my gf if she knows any. I mean she is in that ASU club thing.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Yes, I do greatly appreciate it that SFL is coming to Wato8, especially now, too that Shiz is coming.

It's gonna be QUITE large. 40+ entrants for singles, as long as my eyes aren't deceiving me.

It is only fair that I at least go down there. iNetz should be moved.

then again, if I have no ride to SFL, I have no way of going lolz

BTW: The GERM is coming to my house Friday night I think to chill and smash. just throwing it out there...

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Yes, I do greatly appreciate it that SFL is coming to Wato8, especially now, too that Shiz is coming.

It's gonna be QUITE large. 40+ entrants for singles, as long as my eyes aren't deceiving me.

It is only fair that I at least go down there. iNetz should be moved.

then again, if I have no ride to SFL, I have no way of going lolz

BTW: The GERM is coming to my house Friday night I think to chill and smash. just throwing it out there...
Juan, how would you normally get here? What is your ride situation like? What about Colin? Does he have some kind of ride in mind? Does anyone in orlando have a car?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
It ok hbox. Derek has the right idea beacuase we love shiz project uber and phanna so much we will move our date up one more week.

I will change the date once I get conformation from the owner otherwise we will be stuck with this date. Shouldnt be a problem though.

Justin Imma teach the ways of a woman <.<

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol if he wanted too. But im just playing man pete is mad funny and isnt a scrub. He is purty good.

Btw I wanna mm you but would feel bad since you gave me cash last time.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Na man its cool. Yo derek did you see if zp would let us change the date? If we cant move it up we might have somewhere else to go thanks to a good friend.

Top Bottom