• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power Play (Northern NJ Singles and Doubles) Results Thead

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Singles
1: ADHD ($114.00)
2: Ally($57.00)
3: Seph ($19.00)
4: Pierce
5: Kai
5: Remix
7: Zucco
7: Allied
9: Shippo
9: Ether
9: Daisho
9: Orion
13: L2G
13: Fuego
13: Operation Puffy
13: Rikazor
17: Kevin
17: James
17: Mike

Doubles
1: Ally and Yes! ($126.00)
2: ADHD and Pierce ($36.00)
3: Kai and Orion ($18.00)
4: DM and Zucco
5: Allied and Daisho
5: Seph and Ether
7: L2G and Rikazor
7: BigM and Kingz
9: Fuego and Kef

Sorry if the images are too big.

I'll leave shoutouts later, I'm mad tired.

Sorry if anything is wrong, I didn't run this, it was just on my computer.

daisho

Smash Lord
I'll put in the characters that I know.
1: ADHD ($114.00) Diddy DDD- Were you even awake when you beat me?
2: Ally($57.00) Snake
3: Seph ($19.00) MK- Nice MM, you were better than I expected. Glad I could pay your venue fee :)
4: Pierce Marth
5: Kai Sonic Diddy- Good MM. Sorry about that brinstar stuff... But seriously, i fell for that spring dair thing like 15 times, we'll need to MM again eventually.
5: Remix toon link- Remix got 5th????? Good match. I honestly don't think I should have lost and that is the one thing i'm upset about this tourney but good job, you deserved it.
7: Zucco Lucario
7: Allied Kirby Snake- Great job in doubles. You really carried me... sorry for losing to remix, woulda been cool playing you in singles
9: Shippo
9: Ether Wolf Snake- Good matches. Your wolf is really good but I think DK wins the matchup pretty well
9: Daisho DK- 9th is OK... do better next time.
9: Orion Marth- Friendlies were fun... your marth is actually good...
13: L2G- Fun talking to you.
13: Fuego Fox metanight
13: Operation Puffy
13: Rikazor- Almost beat Ally... that woulda been awesome
17: Kevin
17: James
17: Mike- really sucks about the matches thing. Gotta remember to put the right name in the bracket next time

Overall I'm kind of disappointed. Up until now most of the tournament matches i've lost were to people at a different class than me. Losing to remix was kind of upsetting. Oh well, have to look ahead to the next one. I will learn that TL matchup.

About doubles... I really don't know how to play it at all. Allied did most of the work for our team. I need some more experience.

Also, if someone has any advice based on the matches we played I'd be glad to hear it.

I'm really trying to train harder and get better. If anybody ever wants to play outside of a tournament let me know on aim (andmets522) or leave me a message on smashboards or aib.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Glad to see that you got home dude :) Nice teaming with you.

Shoutouts...um...in a bit

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
SilverDoc~

Please understand, that pierce was coaching adhd the whole time. It was quite frustrating to watch. Ally told me afterwards he didn't care about the set once that happened, and that since he already beat him twice this weekend, it didn't matter to him. Plus, this event was tiny compared to the other two, so the difference in payout wasn't that big.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Coaching is legit ADHD is the basketball team pierce is the coach

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I don't think it should be allowed. If you can't win on your own then don't play the game.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I also don't think coaching should be allowed.

SilverDoc: If you were there.....you wouldn't have made your comment. I think that was the most entertaining match I've ever seen and it was bc of Ally.

Anyway shoutouts

ADHD- Feel better. You looked like garb

Ally- VERY entertaing match....not ours lol. Thanks for making GF worth watching

Seph- Very well done. No johns from me.

Pierce- Good seeing you as always.

Remix- Nice Placing

Zucco- gg's.

Allied- gg's, nice Snake. Back to trolling :)

Shippo- gg's

Ether- That Wolf was kicking ***.

Daisho- My mains are Sonic/Diddy not Diddy first lol. I used Sonic more in Singles and Doubles. Anyway you dont need to apologize about taking a game off me on your CP. I knew brinstar sucked for Sonic but I didn't think DK was good there so I banned BF. Oh well lol, gg's

Orion-Well played in teams sir. It's always fun.

This was my first event and I had a really good time thanks to you guys(the people I am friends with and always see at smash stuff). It felt good to play again even though I never quit or intended to take a break. Thanks again guys.

daisho

Smash Lord
Only said diddy first because the only match I saw was diddy vs zucco.

I apologized since the match was dumb. The stage is supposed to have a slight impact on the game but I clearly beat you there because of the stage and I believe that is too much impact. Either way it's irrelevant. I had fun playing those matches :)

BTW you still think DK vs. Sonic is 60:40 Sonic adv?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Only said diddy first because the only match I saw was diddy vs zucco.

I apologized since the match was dumb. The stage is supposed to have a slight impact on the game but I clearly beat you there because of the stage and I believe that is too much impact. Either way it's irrelevant. I had fun playing those matches :)

BTW you still think DK vs. Sonic is 60:40 Sonic adv?
IDc why you said it first, I was just stating that Sonic's first. Not a big deal :ohwell:

The stage isn't set to have a slight impact really. It's a cp, that is that. GG's all the same, I know better for next time.

Yes I think Sonic wins, either 55:45 or 6:4. The Sonic boards has it listed that Sonic loses the matchup but I haven't played a single DK who either knew the matchup well enough or simply didn't prove themself enough to make me think otherwise.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wow, I hear mad johns right now. First off, there's a MAJOR difference between this and SNES. At SNES, I was coaching ADHD mid-match, telling him all sorts of **** in the middle of the game.

Yesterday, I gave him three or four tips in between matches, and only said motivational things during the match. Just simple stuff like, "If Ally Nairs your shield while you're on a platform, spot-dodge the last hit so it doesn't shield stab you like it did last time." It was no where near the level that SNES was. ADHD just outright played well. He did a lot of stuff I haven't even seen him do before, and just had spectacular gameplay.

I think it's really disgusting the way you guys are trying to take the victory away from him. I mean, I know a lot of you hate fighting Diddy Kong, but it's pissing me off the way some of you are trying to play it off like ADHD has no skill. He's clearly a phenomenal player.

I think that outside trash talk shouldn't be allowed. It is a verbal output that affects the way a player performs mid-match. Discuss.

EDIT: And you don't even have to ask. I'm ****ing mad. Did I help ADHD win? Ask him. Basically, I told him to play safe. Actually, I'll tell you exactly what I told ADHD.

*Ally notices that if you have one banana, or just one banana on the ground, he can dash attack through it if you throw it or it's on the ground, because it will catch the banana. Watch out for this.
*If you're on a platform and Ally Nairs you, spot dodge the last hit so that it
*Don't SideB excessively. Ally has adapted to that strategy, and expects you to do it more since I'm sitting next to you, and it worked at SNES.
*If you stale your down Smash, and get a nana lock, grab him and pummel, since you can fully refresh your moves once he's at like 160%
*If Ally Dthrows you, and there are bananas behind you, you roll towards them every time. He's expecting this, so try a mix-up.

I told him those things in between rounds, and that's all I told him strategy wise. That and to play safe, relax, etc. At SNES, I was way more specific with mid-match advice like, "He's expecting a banana toss, so SideB now." and stuff like that. This wasn't nearly on that level. Hop on the monkey's nuts.

EDIT2: AND HE WAS SICK AS ****! GET AT HIM!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Wow, I hear mad johns right now. First off, there's a MAJOR difference between this and SNES. At SNES, I was coaching ADHD mid-match, telling him all sorts of **** in the middle of the game.

Yesterday, I gave him three or four tips in between matches, and only said motivational things during the match. Just simple stuff like, "If Ally Nairs your shield while you're on a platform, spot-dodge the last hit so it doesn't shield stab you like it did last time." It was no where near the level that SNES was. ADHD just outright played well. He did a lot of stuff I haven't even seen him do before, and just had spectacular gameplay.

I think it's really disgusting the way you guys are trying to take the victory away from him. I mean, I know a lot of you hate fighting Diddy Kong, but it's pissing me off the way some of you are trying to play it off like ADHD has no skill. He's clearly a phenomenal player.

I think that outside trash talk shouldn't be allowed. It is a verbal output that affects the way a player performs mid-match. Discuss.
ADHD is certainly amazing...I just think Ally is better and would normally win. Therefore when he said he didn't care about the match I believed him.

I also agree with the trash talk. I don't think it should be allowed during a match either, but until there is a rules against it, I'll start bringing headphones to block out that type of annoying commentary.:bee:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Lol at the ignorance and blatant johns. Pierce only told me in between two matches to "play safe" and "spotdodge the last hit of the nair when you're on a platform."

Whatever, I've taken plenty of sets off you ally without him there. I had a ****ing fever for god sakes, and I still won. I couldn't simply sit still and feel content, it was throbbing and I was miserable. Don't you realize almost every set of grand finals I've played with you I've taken off the first set, then the second you've won game 5?

I really can't believe all the people that despise me, wow.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
GOOD ****ing job ADHD, there ya go guys, SNES wasn't a fluke ^-^
Lol Figures this is the first guy to post in an ADHD winning/getting first place topic lmao!

Oh and gratz on getting first and taking 2 sets off ally. But yo dont turn emo now you know **** well you have more than enough meat riders ADHD and even if they all abandon you remember this...

There will ALWAYS be that SILVER lining ;D

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Lol at the ignorance and blatant johns. Pierce only told me in between two matches to "play safe" and "spotdodge the last hit of the nair when you're on a platform."

Whatever, I've taken plenty of sets off you ally without him there. I had a ****ing fever for god sakes, and I still won. I couldn't simply sit still and feel content, it was throbbing and I was miserable. Don't you realize almost every set of grand finals I've played with you I've taken off the first set, then the second you've won game 5?

I really can't believe all the people that despise me, wow.
It's cool bro. Ignore the haters. In a game swarming with MK and ICs, I welcome Diddy Kong.

EDIT: And you know, people coach other people all the time, it's just that no one cares. No one cared when Ksizzle coached M2k to help him beat Ally. No one cared when Bum coached Jash against me at Viridian. And just to clear the air, I had no issue with that. Bum coached Jash in between the sets. At the end, Jash was still a skilled player who beat me, and did clutch, split second stuff in a fast paced match.

But omg, if ADHD happens to beat Ally, the world ends. Curse you Pierce. I mean, why oh why would we ever want the Snake player to lose for the first time in like 7 sets.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I hope you feel better Wyatt, really. I also noticed you staying away from everyone a majority of the time and kudos for that but I still think you shouldn't have went and risked your illness with the rest of us. There will be other, much bigger, events in which you can take our money.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
He didn't even want to come. He just happened to be with us coming back from Pennslyvania, and there was no reliable way for him to get home. Shippo and I took him home after the tourney. He would have gladly stayed home. I don't understand why some of you were being completely ridiculous and talking about not entering like cowards just because he was there. That also disgusted me. Like you've never been at a tournament with M2k there. And the odds were in Ally's favor anyway. Ally is probably the best or second best player in the world right now, but you don't enter a tournament because your state champion happens to be there?

Gross.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
He didn't even want to come. He just happened to be with us coming back from Philly, and there was no reliable way for him to get home. Shippo and I took him home after the tourney.
He didn't start feeling sick till just yesterday? If not then why bother to go to philly and risk it there.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
He didn't start feeling sick till just yesterday? If not then why bother to go to philly and risk it there.
We think Atomsk got him sick while we were with him on Friday. He didn't start feeling sick until Saturday at any rate. He was fully prepared to go home, but Yes! didn't feel like going out of the way to drop him off (not a bash and totally legit).

ADHD

Smash Hero
I hope you feel better Wyatt, really. I also noticed you staying away from everyone a majority of the time and kudos for that but I still think you shouldn't have went and risked your illness with the rest of us. There will be other, much bigger, events in which you can take our money.
Thanks kai, we'll MM later. Get ready to get VEGGIE'd ******

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
He didn't even want to come. He just happened to be with us coming back from Pennslyvania, and there was no reliable way for him to get home. Shippo and I took him home after the tourney. He would have gladly stayed home. I don't understand why some of you were being completely ridiculous and talking about not entering like cowards just because he was there. That also disgusted me. Like you've never been at a tournament with M2k there. And the odds were in Ally's favor anyway. Ally is probably the best or second best player in the world right now, but you don't enter a tournament because your state champion happens to be there?

Gross.
I didn't notice the 2nd part of this(edit) when I posted before.

It is 10000000000000000000x more annoying losing to Diddy(in this case wyatt) than Snake. Not all of us have a Diddy counter like Marth. My main reason for the consideration of not entering was the following. "Ally will get first but at least we all have a chance at 2nd and possible profiting or just getting 3rd which is doing well and it not costing anything really. Wyatt is going. 2nd place is filled right there(I'm wrong in this case since he won) and that leaves everyone fighting for their money back". This is a small event, although really fun, and the incentive of wasting money like that is stupid imo unless you can enjoy the event without event a shot of money. I did anyway.

I realize the mindset of expecting to lose a match is bad. I never play any less against Ally and wyatt. I know they are likely to win if they don't mess up. I'd rather try hard than just lie to myself and think i'll win

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Plus, considering how many events ADHD entered, he barely won any money this weekend, because Ally won EVERY event he entered this saturday except low tiers at BRII and singles in this. Ally won like $700 this weekend.

Ally:
First place singles at DSO
First place doubles at DSO
First place Brawl+ at DSO
First place singles at BRII
First place doubles at BRII
Fourth place low tiers at BRII(mad props to Boss and Pink Fresh)
Second place singles at PPG
First place doubles at PPG

And had there been a Brawl+ side event, he probably would've won that too.

Now onto ADHD:
Second place singles at DSO (lost to Atomsk and Ally)
Third place doubles at DSO (teamed with Chibo , not sure who he lost to)
Second place singles at BRII (lost to Ally)
Third place doubles at BRII (teamed with hat, lost to Pierce + Ally and Boss + Pyronic Star)
First place singles at PPG (won TWO sets in a row)
Second place doubles at PPG (teamed with Pierce, lost to Ally and Yes!)

Basically, since Ally was with him the whole time, he won MUCH less money as he would have normally. On the same train of thought, had I left him at home, I would've won more money, possibly caring enough to take second at PPG, and placing third at DSO. Unfortunately, it seems I'm the only person who doesn't think it's all about the money.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
1) Illnesses are contagious before symptoms show, not after, and it takes a week for symptoms to show, therefore Atomsk got no one sick.

2) Dan, you told him how to win.

3) I didn't know coaching happened in other sets with other people. I think it's bull****.

4) Wyatt isn't fun to have around to be honest. I'll take him places and play him, but that's about it. Ally is a cool guy, down to earth, not awkward, and hilarious.

5) My wallet doesn't give a crap as to who the state champ is. I have expenses. I can't afford to lose, and if my chances at winning are bad, I won't bother. I'll enter a tourney if I feel like I have a chance. This time was different because I wanted another shot at Kai. Kai and I were talking about Wyatt showing up to this. He said he wasn't gonna enter, so I had no reason to enter.

6) Kai you didn't show me any love in the shoutouts. You suck. </3

7) Riot Shields?

Edit: 8) pffff dan I'll wreck Ally in + :)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
This is a small event, although really fun, and the incentive of wasting money like that is stupid imo unless you can enjoy the event without event a shot of money. I did anyway.
Unfortunately, it seems I'm the only person who doesn't think it's all about the money.

No, you aren't. Btw, typo in my quote. Mine should say even* the 2nd time, not event again

Sorry yes, I was trying to get to all the things I wanted to say right away. Much love is there, no words needed . No homo XD

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
1) Illnesses are contagious before symptoms show, not after, and it takes a week for symptoms to show, therefore Atomsk got no one sick.

2) Dan, you told him how to win.

3) I didn't know coaching happened in other sets with other people. I think it's bull****.

4) Wyatt isn't fun to have around to be honest. I'll take him places and play him, but that's about it. Ally is a cool guy, down to earth, not awkward, and hilarious.

5) My wallet doesn't give a crap as to who the state champ is. I'll enter a tourney if I feel like I have a chance. This time was different because I wanted another shot at Kai. Kai and I were talking about Wyatt showing up to this. He said he wasn't gonna enter, so I had no reason to enter.

6) Kai you didn't show me any love in the shoutouts. You suck. </3

7) Riot Shields?

Edit: 8) pffff dan I'll wreck Ally in + :)

lol wth didnt like YOU had to be coached in a set vs Dark Pch in the past?? I mean at least in this situation the guy being coached didnt have the match up in thier favor >_>

JUST SAYIN

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I didn't get coached at all...

Wes/D1/dmbrandon were **** talking him.

No coaching is needed for me standing there and throwing grenades at peach. He was playing badly cuz he was upset with something else.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
To follow up on ^^, wasn't Atomsk and I absentmindedly coaching you against Chibo on Friday. I don't recall hearing you say, "Guys, don't help me win, I want to do this on my own." Granted you lost, but that's largely because you were nervous + not listening. I told you how to win too.

Also Kai, don't you go mostly Diddy in singles anyway? How you going to character john about the character you USE? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be arrogant saying this (proven by the fact that I lost to Seph) but even without ADHD there, it would still be a remarkable struggle to place second over me.

Ally mains Snake who is 9,000,000 times harder for Marth than Diddy. Do I cower out of events because Ally is there? No. ACTUALLY! I go to events sometimes SPECIFICALLY because Ally is going (BRII, DSO, GAUNTLET, etc), because we're friends. I like to also think that I give him a challenge. If you're not at the level where you can at least compete with the top players, why would you be complaining about not winning money?

I understand that it's a local, so it's pretty legit to want to win some money for once, but at least ADHD lives relatively near the venue, like, 40 minutes away (which is roughly how far I live from it). Ally lives in Canada. It would be much less outlandish to say, "Wow, really, ALLY had to come to my LOCAL TOURNEY?" I mean, he lives in CANADA for Christ Sakes. Diddy, Snake, it shouldn't matter. The chances of beating either player is minimal.

My point is that all of this hate is being directed at Wyatt like he did something wrong. We can't even commend a man for his victories anymore. Do you think sitting next to me makes it EASY to beat Ally?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I didn't hear you guys talking to me when I played. If I did hear you guys, I probably would've told you to shush.

Dan, not everyone is carefree with their wallets.

Edit: It's very hard to play this game for the love of the game. So what's left? Money. If that's not attainable, the game isn't worth playing for me, and possibly some others.

Edit2: Hopefully brawl+ events will happen at this venue soon :)

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
Pierce is the truth lol. I agree with everything except the marth and Snake thing.
Marth beats Snake ask mikehaze/neo... Actually just ask Mikehaze, he has um.. EXPERIENCE *coughmorelikeproofcough* on beating good snakes. Actually shi** go ask the snakes lmao they are like scared of all marth mains. Go, go to their boards I'll wait.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Also Kai, don't you go mostly Diddy in singles anyway? How you going to character john about the character you USE? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I use Sonic more than Diddy in almost every tournament I have ever entered. Either way it makes no difference. He is an extremely annoying character, what difference does it make if I main him? He's still annoying when I have to play against him.

I don't mean to be arrogant saying this (proven by the fact that I lost to Seph) but even without ADHD there, it would still be a remarkable struggle to place second over me.
I don't view you as an auto loss like Ally and Wyatt. You're very good, I certainly won't try to make it sound like you aren't but it wouldn't affect my entry like wyatt.

Ally mains Snake who is 9,000,000 times harder for Marth than Diddy. Do I cower out of events because Ally is there? No. ACTUALLY! I go to events sometimes SPECIFICALLY because Ally is going (BRII, DSO, GAUNTLET, etc), because we're friends. I like to also think that I give him a challenge. If you're not at the level where you can at least compete with the top players, why would you be complaining about not winning money?
I think quite a few of us had a shot at placing 2nd, 3rd assuming just ally was there. Your situation is fine and all but I like to have fun, which I do, and still have some incentive to play other than fun and getting better.My wallet simply doesn't allow me to enjoy myself all the time without double thinking.

I understand that it's a local, so it's pretty legit to want to win some money for once, but at least ADHD lives relatively near the venue, like, 40 minutes away (which is roughly how far I live from it). Ally lives in Canada. It would be much less outlandish to say, "Wow, really, ALLY had to come to my LOCAL TOURNEY?" I mean, he lives in CANADA for Christ Sakes. Diddy, Snake, it shouldn't matter. The chances of beating either player is minimal.

My point is that all of this hate is being directed at Wyatt like he did something wrong. We can't even commend a man for his victories anymore. Do you think sitting next to me makes it EASY to beat Ally?
I never said he did anything wrong. I would never try to take away from him being amazing. My comment was agreeing about coaching. I think he would have won without your help anyway, but if people are going to bring up coaching not being allowed and yourself bringing up trash talking mid match, these are 2 things I agree that shouldnt be allowed. You take away some of the fun of the game with the trash talking part though.

I also said losing to diddy was more annoying. I like being able to move....not fall down all the way across a stage.

Allied

Smash Master
1: ADHD ($114.00) wyatt mad fun chilling with you :D lol i think you practice this game too much tho ;D

2: Ally($57.00) my son <3

3: Seph ($19.00) GOOD SHT hit me up when u wanna teamises

4: Pierce <3 dan thanks for the TL matchup help i beat remix after that in a friendly!

5: Kai <3 kai back to trollin!

5: Remix mad legit bro ur getting there but ima **** you next time :D

7: Zucco <3 zuccz i'm gonna **** you in tournament next time jus u wait!

7: Allied I'm the best

9: Shippo lol fun talking to you !

9: Ether <3 ether yo hit me up soon u should come horde! i'm on the best pvp guild on the BATTLEGROUP

9: Daisho i didnt really carry you XD just gotta work on your communication more mah dude we ***** in doubles in all matches so dont feel bad btw just uhm hit me up whenever u wanna play u can definitally come down

9: Orion <3 THE ONLY REASON I WON WAS CUZ OF BS sorry bro

13: L2G this was my friend from work

13: Rikazor THIS GUY IS LEGIT i feel bad i had to **** him tho <3

DM: RIOT SHIELD!

YES! : I LOVE YOU BRAH

Top Bottom