• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight's HitBoxes.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion

Revven

FrankerZ
NL didn't make it, a Japanese smasher did, and it was made through the use of Project Smash Attacks. (A lot of people are ignorant about this nifty program... meaning they don't know about it). This wasn't done with a singular code, it was made by editing MK's character file with PSA, adding a graphic effect to his sword slash effects that would encompass the hitboxes of every single move. It's a very tedious process.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't like how it randomly stops and goes. I think it would be better if there were pictures.

etecoon

Smash Hero
You might be surprised with what you see.
not the way intended but I actually thought a few of MK's hitboxes were bigger than displayed here, none of them jumped out and made me think "THAT big?", several were somewhat disappointing...

also his dair looks pretty even in this vid but I know it has more range on the back end o_O

**Havok**

Smash Lord
also his dair looks pretty even in this vid but I know it has more range on the back end
The reason his Dair feels like its bigger than it is (or most of his hit boxes for that matter) is because MK is always moving when he's attacking (from the start of the move, to when it actually ends with the last part of the hitbox), meaning his attacks have a little bit of leeway to extend them. Just a little more. Not a significant amount but enough to make a difference sometimes.

If that made any sense at all :ohwell:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you are confused by Havok's explanation, here are two more in detail below.

People should keep in mind that hitboxes interpolate ("stretch") between the locations of the previous frame's and current frame's hitbox locations.

The hitboxes aren't perfect circles because they're a combination of two different locations, as you can see above -- the higher stretched portion is the location where the fist was the previous frame. Magus has confirmed that hitboxes work similarly in Brawl.

Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.

SHeLL/Magus is right. Enable Debug Pause, choose Snake and ZSS (ZSS's jab comes out in one frame which makes it ideal for this sort of thing.) PSA shows Snake's up-tilt as having hitboxes in front of him during frames 6-7 and then they suddenly shift to being on top of him starting on frame 8. Make ZSS stand right in front of where Snake's up-tilt hitboxes will appear. Do Snake's up tilt, and on frame 7 input a jab with ZSS (so the jab shows up on frame 8.) You'll see that even though the screen shows the hitboxes as being above Snake, ZSS's jab will clank showing that the hitbox is still in front of Snake too.

Top Bottom