• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Johnz 4: The Return To Bus City Hammond IN December 12th Featuring Eddie Howells

BIG C

Smash Master
WE NEED SETUPS, POWER STRIPS, EXTENSION CORDS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN BRING WILL BE APPRECIATED AND IF YOU BRING ENOUGH OF POWER STRIPS OR EXTENSION CORDS THAT ARE USED IN THE TOURNY WE WILL WAIVE THE VENUE FEE

Limited Housing will be available at my house this is mostly for people that have to travel 3+ hours to get here. Contact me via PM for more information on housing

Entry Fees:
Teams: 10 dollars per person
Singles: 10 dollars
Venue: 5 dollars

Disclaimer: Venue Fee is strictly used to encourage people to bring setups and will be waived if you bring a setup and will all be thrown into the pot at the end anyway.

Time: Doors open at 10:30 am
Sign-ups at 11:00 am to 12:30 pm

Melee Rules:
- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
-Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed

- Legal Stages:
1. Singles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
2. Doubles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
3. Singles Counterpick: All singles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64, MK2
4. Doubles Counterpick: All doubles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64

Other Rules & Special Issues:
- Controller mods of any kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc.) are prohibited
- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round-robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are prohibited.
- No stalling or otherwise preventing completion of a game or match
- Wobbling is BANNED

NOTE: Any attempt to cheat or otherwise hinder another player's ability to play will result in disqualification from this tournament

Tink

Smash Hero
ill obv be there =)....i should be able to bring a tv or 2 as well.....we need gamecubes/wiis/setups!!!

also this is gonna be bananas! cantttt wait.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
with a title like "return to bus city", i obviously have to be there...

nov 28th is the date of my smashfest, which means the following weekend is probably bad too (hard to get two weekends off in a row). I walk for my college graduation in december.

basically, if its not the dates of:
Nov 28th
December 5th
December 19th

i'll be thar.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
me, samurai, oranos, and maybe others are interested
it's a 4 hour drive tho so i'm leaving room for huge johnz
is there going to be housing available should we need some?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I don't think I can go if it is going to be the 12th or the 19th

/exam johns :(

I'm sad...i was lookin' forward to seein' the big charles again

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if Alan doesn't go I probably won't go to be honest
the only way I'd be willing to make that drive is if all my buddies went

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll.....i love me some alan as well, but i do love me some watty evennnnn more =)....i say 12th, but if exam johns pop up that week....the 19th will do.

BIG C

Smash Master
lolll.....i love me some alan as well, but i do love me some watty evennnnn more =)....i say 12th, but if exam johns pop up that week....the 19th will do.
rofl but TJ can't come the 19th and i reallly want my troller back. you know if some chode missle didn't forget it

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
LOL someone fell for the CHARLESton johns.
i dont really care when it is, just let me know in advance so i can ask off from work that weekend.
you need to gather up all the other hammond-ish people for this. old schoolers like pen2 and shep.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hm these dates suck. the 5th seems pretty legit but it won't work for TJ
what about the day after xmas? can people do that? or a new year's smashfest?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
big c man you don't have to plan your tourney around my schedule.

if you want to do yours the 5th, i can just cancel my monthly, or move it a week ahead.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh hell yes.

Pick a date, and the business will be given =]

12th is good. Wattyyyyyy lol

Top Bottom