• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
NJ/NY BRAWL POWER RANKINGS 9/7/12

New NJ/NY Panelists: Vinnie, vVv ChiboSempai, Keitaro, RJ

NJ/NY PREVIOUS RANKINGS
[collapse=6/11/12]

Graphics created by Nakat[/collapse]

[collapse=3/3/12]

Graphics created by RJ[/collapse]

[collapse=10/28/11]

Graphics created by Chibosempai[/collapse]

[collapse=7/22/11]

Graphics created by Keitaro​
[/collapse]

[collapse=4/28/11]

1. ANTi :metaknight::snake:
2. ADHD :diddy:
3. Vinnie :gw::popo::metaknight:
4. Atomsk :dedede::metaknight::wario::popo:
5. Malcolm :wario:
6. Pwii :metaknight:
7. Will :dk2:
8. Inui :metaknight:
9. Cheese :popo: :metaknight:
10. Jtails :metaknight::diddy::random:

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
RJ, Ninjalink, John12346, Pentasalia, Delta-cod[/collapse]

[collapse=2/2/11]

[/collapse]

[collapse=11/11/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=8/10/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=5/18/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=3/1/10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=12/7/09]1. ADHD :diddy:
2. Atomsk :dedede::metaknight::popo::wolf:
3. ksizzle :metaknight::snake::lucario:
4. Inui :metaknight::snake::ike:
5. Zucco :lucario:
6. MalcolmM :wario:
7. Cable :dk2:
8. Kai :sonic::diddy:
9. Pierce7d :marth:
10. Nairo :metaknight:
11. Doom :metaknight:
12. Kid :falco:
13. Keitaro :falco:
14. Seph :metaknight:
15. JG Wentworth :metaknight::rob:[/collapse]

[collapse=10/5/09]Singles:
- 1. ADHD

- 2. Atomsk

- 3. ksizzle

4. Inui

5. Zucco

6. Kai

- 7. MalcolmM

- 8. Pierce7d

9. Doom

10. Bleachigo

- 11. Orion

- 12. Kid

- 13. iKon

- 14. BigM

- 15. Cable

[/collapse]

RANKINGS RULES

Ranking Qualifications:

• Must have entered at least three tournaments, two of which are within the tristate (New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania) area
  • Must be a full-time (or as close to it as you can get) resident of New Jersey
  • Must submit an entirely factual win/loss record every season OR confirm EVERY attended tournament on AllisBrawl

Tournament Classification:

• Must have a singles entry fee of at least $10 dollars
  • Must have at least 8 entrants
  • Must have bracket available

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
<object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UuNXujtBPTg?fs=1&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UuNXujtBPTg?fs=1&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>

Keitaro

Made this thread so the NJ Brawl scene can update their rankings, argue with Inui, and talk about Brawl/random stuff without having to pester Jfox.

~Keitaro~ 11/10/09

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This season, Cyanide goes for honorable mention! Hoo-rah!

Odds of Success: _ to 1! Let's play fill in the blank, folks.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm assuming that you're the room master for now Keitaro. Can you post the panelists? Also, I realized that since Ksizzle quit like a noob, he's probably no longer fit to be a panelist. Inui, we need to deal with this.

Also, that honorable mentions list is ridiculous. There's no way there was a near 13 way tie for 16th place. I propose we have two additional lists. One called Hall of Fame, where we put players that quit who were consistently ranked top 10 (Spam, Dm, Ksizzle) and another one, MUCH less lenient than this one with players being considered for 14/15 place.

EDIT: Also, can we try to keep this thread constructive? It's really annoying because I would like to use this thread as a base for, you know, creating the rankings. Yet, it's annoying to even come here because everyone has something witty to say, and it's frustrating. I couldn't use the old thread to try and compile data if I tried. Please keep the spam, and the jokes, and the casual conversation in the crew threads and if you want, continue spamming up the old thread.

PLEASE?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm assuming that you're the room master for now Keitaro. Can you post the panelists? Also, I realized that since Ksizzle quit like a noob, he's probably no longer fit to be a panelist. Inui, we need to deal with this.

Also, that honorable mentions list is ridiculous. There's no way there was a near 13 way tie for 16th place. I propose we have two additional lists. One called Hall of Fame, where we put players that quit who were consistently ranked top 10 (Spam, Dm, Ksizzle) and another one, MUCH less lenient than this one with players being considered for 14/15 place.

EDIT: Also, can we try to keep this thread constructive? It's really annoying because I would like to use this thread as a base for, you know, creating the rankings. Yet, it's annoying to even come here because everyone has something witty to say, and it's frustrating. I couldn't use the old thread to try and compile data if I tried. Please keep the spam, and the jokes, and the casual conversation in the crew threads and if you want, continue spamming up the old thread.

PLEASE?
I'll do my best. If this is going to be a thread for serious discussion, Dan, you know I'm more than up for that. I'm not sure if NJ is, though.

I can agree with the Hall of Fame idea, actually. The idea of honorable mentions is silly, and arguably if you want to have your name somewhere you should be ranked...

... Which brings me to something I've been meaning to put forward for a while: 10 slot ranking list. From what I've seen the 11-15 slots are always relatively ambiguous, and for a fairly straightforward reason: the people in these positions aren't typically placing high enough for it to be considered for character rankings. It also inflates the list, making it have less weight.

Jut a thought. I've always had the opinion that I'd rather not be ranked than be in the 11-15 positions, and believe me when I say I like to be identified for skill that I have; just ask any of the Juice people I played WoW with.

Allied

Smash Master
I think first thing to talk about is rules of the season

Season Starting
Season Ending

etc

And also lets weigh in some stuff like

Player vs Player
how much is beating ???? worth

i think it was a bit too opinionaded to begin with
i think thats a great starting discussion :D

btw i know theres rules and elibgbility but i simply think its too bland

Some arousing questions too while i'm at it

IF the season goes on for too long, For example 5 months, Do wins and losses at the beginning of the season diminish over time (this is what i'm talking about weighing in) or do they simply stay the same

Prime example of this is something like will or dabuz or whatever

Another question

Low tiers and Character Banned Tournaments, Do they count? Any reasoning on that?

and 1 more

How do you weigh in wins you can't simply be like "LOL INUI IS RANKED 4th DAT MEANS IF U BEAT HIM UR 3rd NOW"

How exactly does that work because i've always been curious about that

i think this is a good way to start off the thread :D

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

PLEASE?
Then shut the **** up, you annoying pest. you dont know my reasons behind it.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll do my best. If this is going to be a thread for serious discussion, Dan, you know I'm more than up for that. I'm not sure if NJ is, though.

I can agree with the Hall of Fame idea, actually. The idea of honorable mentions is silly, and arguably if you want to have your name somewhere you should be ranked...

... Which brings me to something I've been meaning to put forward for a while: 10 slot ranking list. From what I've seen the 11-15 slots are always relatively ambiguous, and for a fairly straightforward reason: the people in these positions aren't typically placing high enough for it to be considered for character rankings. It also inflates the list, making it have less weight.

Jut a thought. I've always had the opinion that I'd rather not be ranked than be in the 11-15 positions, and believe me when I say I like to be identified for skill that I have; just ask any of the Juice people I played WoW with.
THIS! Also, I kinda agree with the top 10 idea for all the reasons you said. We have a lot of GOOD players after the top 10. We don't have a lot of ZOMG I WANT YOOOOOOU FOR THE REGIONAL CREW BATTLE players after the top 10. Being ranked 15th is like nothing, as is honorable mention. Panel, thoughts?

I think first thing to talk about is rules of the season

Season Starting
Season Ending

etc

And also lets weigh in some stuff like

Player vs Player
how much is beating ???? worth

i think it was a bit too opinionaded to begin with
i think thats a great starting discussion :D

btw i know theres rules and elibgbility but i simply think its too bland

Some arousing questions too while i'm at it

IF the season goes on for too long, For example 5 months, Do wins and losses at the beginning of the season diminish over time (this is what i'm talking about weighing in) or do they simply stay the same

Prime example of this is something like will or dabuz or whatever

Another question

Low tiers and Character Banned Tournaments, Do they count? Any reasoning on that?

and 1 more

How do you weigh in wins you can't simply be like "LOL INUI IS RANKED 4th DAT MEANS IF U BEAT HIM UR 3rd NOW"

How exactly does that work because i've always been curious about that

i think this is a good way to start off the thread :D
That is a good question, because I'm on the panel, and I actually forgot when this season ends.
When we make the rankings, we add up the accomplishments of a player. Basically, we compile a list of the player's notable wins, and compare it to the notable wins of the player around them. When two players are extremely close in accomplishments and we are trying to decide which one to put higher, head to head matches count more than normal.

Seasons are only supposed to go on for three months. However, we have had long seasons and short seasons. A win at the beginning of the season doesn't necessarily diminish over the course of the season, but a win later in the season can be worth more (or sometimes less) than it was earlier, even if it was against the same person, if that person's performance had changed on average throughout the season. For instance, beating Zucco at the beginning of the season would have been impressive, but to beat him now after his accomplishments at BRII would be more impressive, as he's slated to be ranked higher.

Beating a ranked player doesn't give you their rank, but it is obviously really good if you're trying to get ranked. If I beat ADHD, it's a huge accomplishment, and would push me ahead of Zucco for third this season, but ADHD still beat Ally, Atomsk, Meep, and many other amazing players this season, so his accomplishments still outweigh mine. Atomsk beat ADHD, Neo, I think Ninjalink, and many other amazing players, so his accomplishments still outweigh mine. We always look at and compare lists of accomplishments. Losing doesn't really count against you, unless we are really hard pressed in head to head comparisons.

omg theres already hate in this thread and its only page 1
lmao, you mad Kelvin? Obviously I was joking. It's done already because I have no desire to fight with Ksizzle and have only love for him, so if he wants to continue on this path he's on his own.

Allied

Smash Master
dan i absolutely love you no homo

So are we looking to see top 10 nj in the future?

Predictions?

btw you never answered my low tier or MK banned questions

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll get back to you on that after I check Inui's accomplishments. I know he's been active, but just in different events than I have been, so I'm not sure where he lands.

Right now, it's safe to say that top 5 is ADHD, Atomsk, Zucco, Inui, and Pierce in undetermined order.

In fact, since you asked, I might as well go fetch results pages and brackets now, since I'm home sick not doing anything else.

Keitaro

EDIT: Also, can we try to keep this thread constructive? It's really annoying because I would like to use this thread as a base for, you know, creating the rankings. Yet, it's annoying to even come here because everyone has something witty to say, and it's frustrating.
Well this is a good start!! :laugh:

THIS! Also, I kinda agree with the top 10 idea for all the reasons you said. We have a lot of GOOD players after the top 10. We don't have a lot of ZOMG I WANT YOOOOOOU FOR THE REGIONAL CREW BATTLE players after the top 10. Being ranked 15th is like nothing, as is honorable mention. Panel, thoughts?
I love your ideas Pierce. I wouldn't mind having our rankings cut down to top 10 but I don't really see it necessary to. If other panelists would like to do the cut then it's fine.

As for who are the panelists, for now I believe it would be Inui, Keitaro, Pierce.....and I don't know who else. Since we didn't have control the the NJ Finder it was never posted who the panelists were for the last rankings. Really pissed that access was taken away from me, but this won't happen again.

I also think the honorable mentions lists being so huge is rediculous and I will cut it short right now.

Allied

Smash Master
I think it should be top 10 because this isn't a show off contest i mean it was looking like the NY power rankings where anyone below top 5 didnt even place high or beat anyone (no offense new york reppp <3)

I think a top 10 will give a clear repretensation of the top players of the region and National tournament winners, potental crew battle mates and bla bla bla

By hall of fame you guys should do categories imo add like a section under the PR

example like best marth in NJ : pierce etc
but then again i'm getting ahead of myself thats just a thought XD

hall of fame all da way tho!

Keitaro

Eww at Hall of Fame :p That's an idea to think about though.

I plan on updating this finder with all the tournies of that have happened this season with linkable results.

We also need to have an exact date of when seasons start and when seasons begin. NYC does rankings every 12 weeks. So what's ours? I know its about 2 months which I think is a tad short but we need exact dates that the season will end so people will know.

Allied

Smash Master
NYC doesnt do rankings every 12 weeks they kicked me off panel (for reasons i dont know why =/) and they do it whenever they want lolol XD

I honestly think it should be every 3 - 4 months unless there aren't a SOLID 3 tournys in between

:D

Pride for 5th place on the PR? XD

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Basically, I intended the hall of fame to be for top players that quit (Spam, Ksizzle, DM) and the honorable mentions list to be for players that were simply to inactive to be ranked, but would probably have been ranked otherwise. If we wanted to give people credit for barely missing the list, we could simply make the list top 20. Barely missing the list is still missing the list. The only reason I would even consider putting someone on honorable mention is if they had really amazing accomplishments, but the players above them just had better. At the moment, I don't even think competition around 10th place is even that strong. Orion and Bleachigo are quite skilled players no doubt, but what REALLY amazing accomplishments do they have that would make me want to shout them out even if they missed the list. Are they likely to take wins off the top three of any bordering states or this one?

Allied

Smash Master
Basically, I intended the hall of fame to be for top players that quit (Spam, Ksizzle, DM) and the honorable mentions list to be for players that were simply to inactive to be ranked, but would probably have been ranked otherwise. If we wanted to give people credit for barely missing the list, we could simply make the list top 20. Barely missing the list is still missing the list. The only reason I would even consider putting someone on honorable mention is if they had really amazing accomplishments, but the players above them just had better. At the moment, I don't even think competition around 10th place is even that strong. Orion and Bleachigo are quite skilled players no doubt, but what REALLY amazing accomplishments do they have that would make me want to shout them out even if they missed the list. Are they likely to take wins off the top three of any bordering states or this one?
Yeah that makes sense you make valid points, top 10 is what really is up there

i do like the order tho

keitaro get on that tournament results thingy u were saying XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Only do top 10, it makes rankings feel like more of a special achievement which it should be
anyone and their mom could make it on a top 15 if they just tried a lil

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
dan can i come over your house to practice alot this week. lol ar we ll in school.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
- 11. Orion
- 12. Kid
- 13. iKon
- 14. BigM
- 15. Cable

These are all skilled players capable of being top 10. I think by shortening the list, we make those people actually work for a ranking, in addition to dealing with all the skilled inactives, and the people on the honorable mentions list who are capable of top 10 as well. The removal of those 5 spots makes it far more competative, and perhaps less people will be like, "Oh, I don't care about the rankings," since being on them will mean something now.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
- 11. Orion
- 13. iKon
- 15. Cable

These are all skilled players capable of being top 10. I think by shortening the list, we make those people actually work for a ranking, in addition to dealing with all the skilled inactives, and the people on the honorable mentions list who are capable of top 10 as well. The removal of those 5 spots makes it far more competative, and perhaps less people will be like, "Oh, I don't care about the rankings," since being on them will mean something now.
this is a good idea i like the way this sounds.

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/gallery/misa_campo/misa-campo-73.jpg

u welcome gentlemen.

Allied

Smash Master
- 11. Orion
- 12. Kid
- 13. iKon
- 14. BigM
- 15. Cable

sorry had to lolol

i still think people will still be like that tho because the only people who dont care anymore about being on the PR are the people who are already on it :D

PR SHUD HAVE PRIZES

daisho

Smash Lord
Haha, there goes any chance I had at getting ranked. Oh well I just need to get better now.

I agree with the top 10 logically though, all points for it are valid

Keitaro

Btw, just about 100% sure low tiers won't be counting for the rankings, ever.

As for MK banned tournies, the majority of NJ does not want them to count but the panelists will decide on it. Most likely they won't count either.

Keitaro

And the NJ community's division continues even more :laugh:
Sadly.

JFox started it, and I don't give a **** about the Melee community since Brawl came out so this is what happens.

Some of the people are cool, some are more rediculous than the Brawl community, no lie.

Rather deal with immature children then immature adults :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
JFox put alot of time into that thread, why should he give it away to someone else, especially someone he doesn't like (inui)?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, we need to deal with this.
Inui, Keitaro, Pierce7d, Eazy, and one more person that should be from 100% Juice. I strongly recommend Doom.

NJ has many powerful players. I'm not against the honorable mentions list being big.

I am strongly against cutting the list down. I want it to stay at 15. Our state is active and big.

When we make the rankings, we add up the accomplishments of a player. Basically, we compile a list of the player's notable wins, and compare it to the notable wins of the player around them. When two players are extremely close in accomplishments and we are trying to decide which one to put higher, head to head matches count more than normal.
Skill opinions and other events can help break ties.

Seasons are only supposed to go on for three months.
False. Seasons were cut to two months due to NJ changing too much these days in terms of skill and activity. Lists get outdated too easily.

The current season will end after the first weekend of December. The current season started October 3rd, so it should end the first weekend of the month two months after it, right? Cool.

A win at the beginning of the season doesn't necessarily diminish over the course of the season, but a win later in the season can be worth more (or sometimes less) than it was earlier, even if it was against the same person, if that person's performance had changed on average throughout the season. For instance, beating Zucco at the beginning of the season would have been impressive, but to beat him now after his accomplishments at BRII would be more impressive, as he's slated to be ranked higher.
Events later in the season have more weight. This is true and logical.

Beating a ranked player doesn't give you their rank, but it is obviously really good if you're trying to get ranked. If I beat ADHD, it's a huge accomplishment, and would push me ahead of Zucco for third this season, but ADHD still beat Ally, Atomsk, Meep, and many other amazing players this season, so his accomplishments still outweigh mine. Atomsk beat ADHD, Neo, I think Ninjalink, and many other amazing players, so his accomplishments still outweigh mine. We always look at and compare lists of accomplishments. Losing doesn't really count against you, unless we are really hard pressed in head to head comparisons.
You and Zucco are really adorable for assuming you're both going to be above me this season. :laugh:

Btw, just about 100% sure low tiers won't be counting for the rankings, ever.

As for MK banned tournies, the majority of NJ does not want them to count but the panelists will decide on it. Most likely they won't count either.
Sets will be analyzed individually. The votes of plebians mean nothing.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
And this is you lose respect on a daily basis.
The majority elected a man that is destroying our country. I don't trust majorities. I trust the elite. Sets will be analyzed individually. I don't see how anyone can object to that. Sorry, but my win over Espy in a severely disadvantageous match-up isn't going to be considered worthless because it was a low tier event. He is a 100% Sonic main that never switches. Keitaro's loss to Rookie isn't going to stop existing because it was an MK-banned tournament; neither player uses MK ever.

Sets are to be analyzed individually, not carelessly discarded. There is nothing illogical or wrong about that.

Chris, have you noticed how destructive your posts are? You do nothing but point out how much NJ fights, complain, stir up arguments... Just stop.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
haha don't bring this up on me bro, you're the one who constantly puts people down.

Keitaro has an MK.

Low tiers are a joke, which is the general consensus of NJ.

Edit: they're only destructive towards you, because you're the reason nj bickers all the time. just chill out. md/va is close knit and they travel to play each other all the time. why can't we be like that?

Keitaro

Inui, the panelists will decide whether or not mk banned tournies count. That's that. You also keep mentioning my loss to Rookie at the MK banned tourney. I also beat Andy G there which is just about the only good think I've done at the 2 tournies I've attended this season. You make it sound like I don't want it to count because of my lost. I don't give much of a crap about my ranking this season, but I do care alot about the rankings in general. I could have beaten Atomsk, Max, and you at that tourney, and I would still be against MK banned tournies.

You can't make the rules Inui, you are just as valuable on the panel as anyone else. I love Doom but I'm not sure about him being a panelist.

If rankings are to continue to be everyone 2 months after the first week of the new month then the new season should end December 7th.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
haha don't bring this up on me bro, you're the one who constantly puts people down.
And? That means you making posts going "LOL I HATE NJ YOU FIGHT TOO MUCH" "ooo lemme quote this and make fun of NJ for fighting" "NJ is so mean omg" etc. is somehow justified? At least I contribute to the topics at hand. You are not contributing anything.

I don't go around preaching to people to stop fighting while stirring up **** myself like you do.

Low tiers are a joke, which is the general consensus of NJ.
Ok, so...

I beat Espy in a tournament set. He is a Sonic main. He never switches off of Sonic. I won in a severely disadvantageous match-up.

That means nothing because "lol low tiers" even though he'd be using Sonic against me normally no matter what and we played for money in the low tier event?

That is completely ridiculous and insanely unfair. Thankfully, Eazy agrees with me about stuff like this, and nobody is going to touch us in a debate if we're together.

Keitaro has an MK.
This is a joke, not low tiers. He wouldn't have beaten Rookie with his MK.

Inui, the panelists will decide whether or not mk banned tournies count. That's that.
Keitaro, the panelists will decide whether or not an individually analyzed set will count based on common sense and logic instead of carelessly discarding something. That's that.

You can't make the rules Inui, you are just as valuable on the panel as anyone else.
Hmm, I definitely can, because I can outdebate you. Eazy is going to side with me about looking at lets individually. I know he will. That's unbeatable for the rest of the panel. I also know Pierce isn't an idiot. He won't carelessly and thoughtlessly discard my win against Espy, for instance.

I love Doom but I'm not sure about him being a panelist.
I love him and I'm sure about him being a panelist. It lets 100% Juice have rep and he's smart.

If rankings are to continue to be everyone 2 months after the first week of the new month then the new season should end December 7th.
Around that time, yes.

Allied

Smash Master
well basically inui came in and stopped all the changes and now this is the old thread

wassup all

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well basically inui came in and stopped all the changes and now this is the old thread

wassup all
well basically some NY kid came in and made a pointless post after ignoring what inui posted

wassup all

Also, this is an example of what Yes! often does, and an example of a purely destructive post.

Top Bottom