• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visible Hitboxes For Yoshi

Chaco

Never Logs In
Who's gonna do em? Quite frankly I'm heavily interested in the ones on his egglay.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Who's gonna do em? Quite frankly I'm heavily interested in the ones on his egglay.
:yoshi: You clearly can't be that interested if you're going to make a thread asking someone else to do it.

bigman40

Smash Master
I had already attempted to do this yesterday, but the hitboxes according to the information in the pac I was given was wrong. I'm just gonna wait till Eternal Yoshi gets his up unless I feel like screwing with the file again. Just a long and tedious thing, I wish it wasn't in high level language so that I could program the ****ing thing in like 1 hour.

~Mieu

.Marik

is a social misfit
A thread instantly becomes better when Lil B enters it. :yoshi:

<3

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I finished Wario finally. Hit hitbox bones were improperly labeled causing the game to freeze and leaving me to relabel ALL the hitbox bones, hence the delay. I'll do Yoshi's bones next in a few minutes.

I'm working on it and will have results tomorrow.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You don't play smash anymore and you're still somewhat active on a smash forums. Makes perfect sense :D
Actually, that's a strange trend I've noticed.

Many of the members with extremely high post counts don't, or rarely, play Smash Bros.

Pretty weird.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I see what Bigman was talking about.
ftilt,dtilt,uair,bair, and utilt aren't showing up properly, yet dsmash is perfect.
Some of the bones aren't labeled properly.
They all seem to relate to Yoshi's tail based attacks.
I'll try bone 0 for the improer attacks and see what happens, or 14 and 15...

All of his other hitboxes are working perfectly.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You don't play smash anymore and you're still somewhat active on a smash forums. Makes perfect sense :D
Semi active yes, and quite a lot of people on here don't play Smash anymore. Some never did. (CK)

bigman40

Smash Master
I see what Bigman was talking about.
ftilt,dtilt,uair,bair, and utilt aren't showing up properly, yet dsmash is perfect.
Some of the bones aren't labeled properly.
They all seem to relate to Yoshi's tail based attacks.
I'll try bone 0 for the improer attacks and see what happens, or 14 and 15...

All of his other hitboxes are working perfectly.
Good to know that the other hitboxes are working properly. I guess that since Yoshi's tail is super extended, the bones get a little wonky from there?

Hopefully you'll figure it out. I have too much work due next week to even try doing this again. x.x

~Mieu

bigman40

Smash Master
Shiri most likely got it from Ninjalink if he already done a good portion of the cast. Eternal Yoshi is still working on it cause some of the hitboxes are off (incorrect bone placement from the initial data). That's why I didn't continue the project cause I didn't know what to do after that, and I had too much work due this coming week to continue it anyway. I wonder if EY has gotten any further on it...

~Mieu

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hit tail based hitboxes are STILL NOT WORKING properly. I tried changing the ID, which either put it on the wrong location or froze the game.
I tried reducing the size and changing the XYZ coordinates and it didn't do anything.
I'm out of options for the moment.
Until then, here's are JPEGs of some of the Working hitboxes.

Jab

Jab2

FSmash

DSmash

USmash

Egg Lay

Grab

Dash Grab

Pivot Grab

Egg Roll

Get up Attack(Up)

Get up Attack(Down)

I will post Nair,Fair, and Dair, the other working hitboxes, later.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That explains why I've missed my dash grab before. Reminds me of Ness's Dash Attack. >_>

Egg Roll's hitbox looks interesting. Is the top half of the egg stronger or something? Or does it just stay at the front as the egg moves?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It stays like that and disappears when you turn or slow down.
Note: Yoshi's face cheeks and Head are intangible during Fsmash and Usmash starting 3 frames before the hitboxes for Fsmash, 2 frames before the hitboxes for Usmash.
They become tangible again when the hitboxes fade away.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I guess that explains why you can't dash-grab someone when you are right next to them. =P

Yoshi's range on his jab seems absolutely humongous, but I guess that's because the pictures are close-up. Hope a video gets put up soon.

EDIT: Don't forget about the dash attack.

:069:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Rofl @ where Yoshi's grabs are.

~Mieu
:yoshi: I'm actually really impressed that they put enough thought into getting a box near his mouth.

Every other grapple grab character had a box near the origin of the grapple besides Yoshi.

That explains why I've missed my dash grab before. Reminds me of Ness's Dash Attack. >_>

Egg Roll's hitbox looks interesting. Is the top half of the egg stronger or something? Or does it just stay at the front as the egg moves?
Well, keep in mind that the dash grab box does advance from Yoshi's mouth; it doesn't just appear there, but since the grab is very fast, you can miss characters that have thin body frames. He had this problem REALLY BAD in Melee; it's SUBSTANTIALLY better in Brawl.

As for Egg Roll, what you're seeing is Yoshi when he's rolled up into his egg. In the picture, the left hand side is Yoshi when he's rolled up (the eggshell doesn't seem to be visible, which makes some sense although I'm not sure of the specifics of PSA) and the right side is the hitbox. Egg Roll hitbox only faces one way at a time and is always in the direction of the roll.

It stays like that and disappears when you turn or slow down.
Note: Yoshi's face cheeks and Head are intangible during Fsmash and Usmash starting 3 frames before the hitboxes for Fsmash, 2 frames before the hitboxes for Usmash.
They become tangible again when the hitboxes fade away.
F*CKING YEHS

I guess that explains why you can't dash-grab someone when you are right next to them. =P

Yoshi's range on his jab seems absolutely humongous, but I guess that's because the pictures are close-up. Hope a video gets put up soon.

EDIT: Don't forget about the dash attack.

:069:
No, they are that large. Of course, realize that his boot extends along with that hitbox, so realize that while the large box increases his range, it also slightly increases his vulnerability.

D

Deleted member

The grab hitbox was so depressing i was like "...oh"

Can we get tilt hitboxes PLEASE :D

bigman40

Smash Master
Hit tail based hitboxes are STILL NOT WORKING properly. I tried changing the ID, which either put it on the wrong location or froze the game.
I tried reducing the size and changing the XYZ coordinates and it didn't do anything.
I'm out of options for the moment.
The grab hitbox was so depressing i was like "...oh"

Can we get tilt hitboxes PLEASE :D
Lrn2read

~Mieu

Yikarur

Smash Master
Could we get the .pac when you're finished? :o That would be nice ^-^ great job btw :D I hope it'll be completly done sometime.

Airborne

Smash Lord
why do i have the feeling that the tilts are going to have another stupid property, like yoshi PSing projectiles, that will make me rage more? -.-
sure it's easy to get around, but it's just so..... STUPID

Top Bottom