• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iron Chef CT: Show me your food! - Dec. 13 2009 - Vernon, CT

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Iron Chef Connecticut
A Melee Tournament, Food Face-Off and Charity Event

TOURNAMENT SPECIFICS

When:
Sunday, December 13th, 2009

Where:
The BattleGround Game Arena
378 Kelly Road, Unit #3
Vernon, CT USA 06066
860-896-5288
There's a big huge red sign. It's in a plaza with a Rita's and a Jiffy Lube. Across the street is another plaza with Price Choppers and other stores.

Cost:
$5 Venue Fee
$10 Melee Singles
$10 Melee Doubles per person ($20/team)

Schedule
11:00 AM- 1:00 PM: Registration for doubles/friendlies
1:00 PM- Doubles bracket begins
A one hour-lunch break will immediately follow doubles
Singles will commence after lunch

Prizes
First place: 60%
Second place: 30%
Third place: 10%

This will be the distribution for singles and doubles.

Rules

Tournament will be seeded by SKILL. I will ask knowledgeable, high-level players to assist me with seeding. Regional considerations will be addressed, but the primary means of seeding will be skill-based.

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS ALLOWED

This tournament will be using the Pound 4 ruleset/stages:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

A full explanation of these stages can be found here

WE NEED SETUPS!!

TRADEMARK ADENDUM

if a player gets falcon punched, he loses the game automatically. in doubles, his team loses the game. if a person hits his own partner they forfeit the game

onett should be legal only if falcon is on the stage

if a player gets falcon punched into a car or after getting hit by a car, their smash career is over and they must retire

the falcon punch has to be cool

aka, no easy edgeguards. no team grab > punch. no stomp to falcon punch. no bs. only stuff that would make HMW go "O(1x10^23)!!"

CHARITY SPECIFICS

I will be collecting new, unwrapped toys to donate to Toys for Tots, a program run by the United States Marine Corps to provide Christmas presents to needy children across the state and the nation. I understand that we're all poor college students; Saffron City is the week before this, and $25 for a tournament is not an insignificant amount of money. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE ANYTHING TO ATTEND. However, if you have the means, you can really make a child's Christmas that much better.

IRON CHEF SPECIFICS

-This is a BAKED GOODS competition. Cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, etc.

-All food must be prepared in advance of the tournament

-All food must be home made! Anyone trying to pass off store-bought goods will be disqualified, tarred, feathered, and rode out of town on a rail.

-The winner will be determined by a vote, and will receive the title of "Iron Chef CT."

-Rules will be added as needed.

Hope to see you all there!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium for counterpick? I can stand Pound 4 doing it because it's Pound 4, but **** that noise. It's the only other big stage asides from FD, it's BS to make it a counterpick.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Seeing as how this tournament is only a month before Pound 4, this is basically practice for that tournament. I thought people would appreciate a chance to try out the Pound rules before they got there. But someone, somewhere will always complain. That's fine, and expected. In a community as large as the Smash one, there's literally no way to please everyone.

Discuss them to your hearts' content, but they're not changing.

Alukard

Smash Hero
doesnt everyone hate brinstar now? :(

it doesnt matter, i'm prolly gonna go falcon neways, but still
yo ur ****ing sig is sooo god dam **** ... i love magus for those little clips

MAGUS FIND A WAY TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN ON A REAL PERSON! LOLOL

EDIT!!!

quit life guy for not knowing that dreamland exists lololol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hopefully I can come but I might not be able to because usually I go up a week before Christmas and visit extended family in NH.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I miss JV!!! We all need to get some dinner after this and hang out I haven't seen you guys in so long!

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo that trademark thing is a bit much ... theres actually some auto combos for falcon punchlol

bolt.

Smash Ace
I'll go to this if pof or anyone from around branford can give me a ride. It sucks that I get my license 3 days after this. Lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll be here. NH family thing is the following weekend. :D

Top Bottom