• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
BRAWL-

Now, we've seen Balanced Brawl improve on the balance of brawl with as few huge changes as possible. We've seen Brawl+ change the way brawl is played. But have we ever had a project which tries, purposefully, to break the **** out of everything and just piss all over the currently accepted rules of professional game modification? Well, now we do.

The idea of Brawl- is to make everything broken. Not "zomfg standing infinite" broken, not "zomfg 0-death everyone with no chance of escape from any move ever" broken, but "lolzomfg wtf is this lol" broken. Think doing very, very stupid things with the tools we are issued.
Now, don't be mistaken. Brawl- will by no means actively attempt to be unbalanced. Just because it's broken as **** doesn't mean it won't work. As Syndrome said, "If everyone's Super, No one is!" He missed the part of that where being super is a lot more fun than not being super. Bad analogy, but you get my point. Also, ever heard of "so bad it's good?" Think most Adam Sandler movies or GTA: Chinatown Wars.

The idea is to have characters be somewhere between the level of Tekken 5 Jinpachi and Soul Calibur 3 Night Terror (hard) (****ing broken when played by a player and downright impossible to win against when played right respectively). Changes will be made to various stages and such to attempt to get them in order (think similar to what BBrawl/Brawl+ did, combined to have a selection as large as possible from the existing stages). Some physics changes will be made, a ton of frame changes to make chars work better, and the hitstun will be set very high (currently at 0.54, which is way more than both brawl and brawl+, and someone said it was more than 64, which I'm not buying).

Want to help? Check out the forum at www.brawlminus.com/forums. Browse the irc (www.brawlminus.com/chat.php or irc://irc.gamesurge.net/brawlminus) and pass your ideas on (I'm trying to be on all the time).

VIDS ARE UP!

The Sex Puma's Channel - like 10 Brawl- vids on it
Falco400's Channel - Again, tons of Brawl- vids, the guy is good
Kirk's channel - Some Brawl- vids.

Characters

Will be revised when the alpha is released. At the moment, any characters that were here were horribly outdated.

GCT

Again, will be revised on alpha release.

n88

Smash Lord
So bascially, you want to make the tier list look like this?

God Tier

Everyone

If so, you have my full support, although I have the hacking ability of a drunk cow.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Broken Brawl, lol. I think Brawl- should stay with normal Brawl. Or Bad Brawl could be normal Brawl, haha.

NNID
Budget_Player
Broken Brawl, lol. I think Brawl- should stay with normal Brawl. Or Bad Brawl could be normal Brawl, haha.
Brawl+.
BBrawl.
vBrawl.
Brawl-. BBrawl (Broken/Bad Brawl) as a short form is taken.

So bascially, you want to make the tier list look like this?

God Tier

Everyone

If so, you have my full support, although I have the hacking ability of a drunk cow.
Yes. This. Everyone in god tier. Hard to pull off but ****ing funny.

You don't necessarily have to be able to hack, the first part will have a lot of "Hmm, what do we do about this..." I don't know how to hack either. :V

Also, a sub-goal: no attack is useless. Or bad.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+.
BBrawl.
vBrawl.
Brawl-. BBrawl (Broken/Bad Brawl) as a short form is taken.

Yes. This. Everyone in god tier. Hard to pull off but ****ing funny.

You don't necessarily have to be able to hack, the first part will have a lot of "Hmm, what do we do about this..." I don't know how to hack either. :V

Also, a sub-goal: no attack is useless. Or bad.
I say we put everybody BUT Ganondorf at god tier, just to rub it in his face some more.

n88

Smash Lord
@SheLL

Yes! Just like that cow!

@Cadet

I suppose I can help with the "What can we do about this?", but I don't have any messenger services or anything. Although I suppose I could get Yahoo Messenger if I needed to.

EDIT: 999th post!

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
lol this reminds me of modifying chars for a game called Little Fighter 2...there was almost an art in making some of them awe-inspiringly powerful

sounds like an interesting idea, i'd like to see yoshi throw like 10 eggs each time instead of 1, or one reeaaally big egg xp

IC3R

Smash Lord
Kirby's Inhale is automatic KO, with transcendant priority, and a grabbox as large as Final Destination.

kthxbai

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I like where this could go. You have my full support.

Idea: Make Bowser always Giga Bowser :D

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Take the PSA character Onslaught Falcon as the PERFECT example.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
XD! METAKNIGHT IS GONNA HAVE COMPETITION NOW! lol. You've got my attention, and intention. I can't code, or program, but any ideas needed, especially the super broken ones, I can throw em out to ya! So in otherwords, count me in as a planning or design or thoughts member...

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
you might want to clarify. not broken. MEGA WTF!!! pumped up.

yes. onslaught falcon is the perfect example.
a few extra tricks and pheonix mario could be a nice addition
YES! do that thing where gigabowser can be hurt and hes PERFECT!
all stages will be SSE.
All music will be hilarious popculture references such as "never gonna give you up"
make Lucario able to fly and always at max aura for starters.

jiggilypuff's upB has x4 range. (at least size of FD)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
best part: MANDATORY, everyone be a compleatly origonal PSA character. Ragna is in along with the echoblades and kakashi snake. KK:MM has ALOT of PSA characters

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
lol this reminds me of modifying chars for a game called Little Fighter 2...there was almost an art in making some of them awe-inspiringly powerful

sounds like an interesting idea, i'd like to see yoshi throw like 10 eggs each time instead of 1, or one reeaaally big egg xp
holy frick it's jackierabbit

anyways, i support htis as well.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
would be funny to play for a while totally.

most PSA characters are pretty broken already just edit those for testers.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Take the PSA character Onslaught Falcon as the PERFECT example.
As the creator of Onslaught Falcon, thank you VERY much for this comment. XD

This is EXACTLY what I was going for with that Falcon. I support this project with power so turkey basting WTF fantastic that it red rings your microwave. I'd love to try and help out. :3

Edit: I find the following videos to be relevant. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2cX9ecyXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y97oKtFudtU&feature=related

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I just started learning BrawlBox and moveset swapping (I gave Sheik Charizard's moveset. She CHUCKS that boulder!), but I'm going to be working on it quite a bit, I just love this stuff.

I support this project with power so turkey basting WTF fantastic that it red rings your microwave.
This sounds exactly up my alley. I'll get working on zany **** asap :p

Ideas that I'm not totally sure work, but would be awesome if they did:

MK: Down taunt makes him cloak. Permanently.
Snake: Proximity Mine is HUGE. Rocket Launcher lets out Samus heat-seekers. Deal absurd more damage.
Diddy: One banana = 20. Gun shoots bananas instead of peanuts. Up-B explodes into peanuts (jetpack is peanuts?)
Dedede: Guaranteed spikey ball, larger size, no gravity. Chain grab even easier (ZSS's stun?)
Ness: PK Fire. Permanently. PK Thunder even faster. PK Flash maneuverable (a slow PK thunder) + insta-KO?
Ganon: Side-B in air traps them in the ground. (DK's... side-B? IDK) Speed of Captain Falcon. Jabs come out on frame 1?
Captain Falcon: Onslaught Falcon. :p

I'll have more, but I gotta head out with friends.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I think I hear what you're saying. Ever see a battle between 2 Onslaught Falcons? This can be done, and I think it'll be hilarious!

The only way it could work, though, is if everyone is broken in a completely different way. Like, someone could move really fast but find it hard to connect with attacks. Someone else could be a ridiculous projectile spammer but be terrible at close-range. You can have a trap-happy character or someone who can heal at will, a gigantic powerhouse the size of half of FD or a tiny ultra-evasive character...

I think the best name for this project would be UBERS, for Unbalanced Brawl...ERS.

There also should be some sort of rules. For example, no 999% hitboxes or undodgable, fast hitboxes the size of Hyrule Castle, or anything that would cause an instant win without having some serious weakness. We want over-the-top-fun characters, not boring game-breakers.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
Diddy can spawn up to 10 bananas at a time.
Kirby can summon a Warp Star with his up-B and a Star Rod for his Side B.
Sonic can put everyone into Bullet Time.
Jigglypuff could EXPLODE!!!
Olimar could be proportionally correct... about the size of a quarter... and die really quickly... but could kill really quickly as well.
Bowser could be HUGE and REALLY REALLY STRONG.
Snake can throw grenades at ridiculous speeds, covering the arena with them.
Peach can spawn peaches whenever she wants, really fast.

EDIT:
GANONDORF WINS
BRUTALITY

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Kakashi is a good example of a broken Snake. Just need to put a time limit on when you're able to use his neutral b, like wario waft.
(The hitbox covering the whole screen is totally fine though.)

I've got an idea for Ganondorf. He'll be a nice mix of Ganondorf, MK, and Onslaught Falcon. Have his frame data in terms of startup and active frames be identical to vBrawl MK (IMAGINE THAT DOWN AIR). And yes, the neutral air's two hits would come out as lightning fast as MK's. And a back air that is basically three super fast back airs. And a forward air that is three super fast back airs. You get the idea. As soon as hitboxes come out though, ALL cooldown frames can actually be interrupted. His down b comes out on frame 1 and can be interrupted at any time. His side b doesn't make him helpless in the air and it freezes opponents for no good reason. His up b is... uh... is it possible to give ganondorf a glide? lol. His neutral b spawns FIVE SMART BOMBS THAT EXPLODE IMMEDIATELY FOR NO GOOD REASON. Oh, and during the first half of his animations for all of his taunts, it counters into an instant warlock punch for 666 damage and no knockback. For laughs.

I HAVE LOADS OF IDEAS, MANG.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Hubert, the third ice climber.

FREAKING MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Jeez, that was a running joke on Ice Climbers boards for a while. He was basically Chuck Norris.

He wears a brown parka, is a little bit bigger than Popo (hammer included), and has an angry and rugged face (lol with 5 o clock shadow)

For starters, he can infinite chaingrab. By himself. At the end of his bthrow, fthrow, and dthrow animations (with like 0 cooldown lol) is a grab. And it always ends up with the character DEAD in his grab range. Grab with Hubert, then press crazy random directions until they are killable, then use the up throw. His up throw could be a hilariously flashy attack with a stupidly long animation.

Either that, or instead of a grab, he'd have the SHUNGOKUSATSU (yes, Akuma's raging demon attack). He slides along the ground, grabs. screen goes black, unspeakable damage is inflicted, the lights come back on, opponent is on the ground, ready to be tech chased and killed.

edit: i pressed reply instead of edit darn it

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Idea for broken Falco:
Short hop triple laser (1 damage each)
Fox's Nair instead of Fair (you can do that now right)
Dair Always spikes.
Down B keeps going outwards like a projectile. (dont know if possible)
increased cool down speed on jab.
Fox like KB on Uair
Dtilt has a set knockback that always goes straight up. And high hitstun
rapid fire forward tilts
the same utilt as that one a couple builds ago lol
can jump cancel his side B

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Kirby's Inhale is automatic KO, with transcendant priority, and a grabbox as large as Final Destination.

kthxbai
Lol, he actually just eats you...
Get et.

So are we going to make the stages extra kill you?

OH! Ganon's side B, launches you straight up! Like MAD UP!! Like rest.

Either that or it launches you out at the angle of the explosion. That's it I'm doing a PSA! No1 steel mai IDas thx

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Mmm... I don't know. Infinite, unescapable combos are never cool. Even Onslaught Falcon could be beaten by a normal character. Theoretically. You have to at least be able to escape with DI.

Oh, also - Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Bowser all have to have their body covering entry 'flaming' graphic effects on. Permanently. Because there's no reason why a super-powerful character shouldn't be on fire if they can be.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Hubert, the third ice climber.

FREAKING MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Jeez, that was a running joke on Ice Climbers boards for a while. He was basically Chuck Norris.

He wears a brown parka, is a little bit bigger than Popo (hammer included), and has an angry and rugged face (lol with 5 o clock shadow)

For starters, he can infinite chaingrab. By himself. At the end of his bthrow, fthrow, and dthrow animations (with like 0 cooldown lol) is a grab. And it always ends up with the character DEAD in his grab range. Grab with Hubert, then press crazy random directions until they are killable, then use the up throw. His up throw could be a hilariously flashy attack with a stupidly long animation.

Either that, or instead of a grab, he'd have the SHUNGOKUSATSU (yes, Akuma's raging demon attack). He slides along the ground, grabs. screen goes black, unspeakable damage is inflicted, the lights come back on, opponent is on the ground, ready to be tech chased and killed.

edit: i pressed reply instead of edit darn it
That's so funny! I want to make that.

Now I have to decide... OmeGanondorf or the Third IC? That guy sounds like such a tank!

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I advise that every should go to the General Brawl Discussion board and look at two threads: The Deadliest Brawler and Characters in their respective games. Tons of canon ideas floating around there.

Give Fox/Falco/Wolf the ability to call an Arwing. Model replace the Dragoon. Aim. FIRE.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
LOL this is so stupid. Not to be a jerk, but really?

OKAY here's what you do. Use all of the super codes, or the general super code KTHNXBAI

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. When King Dedede does his dthrow, he never gets off.
2. Pit's arrow is now the size of Suicune's aurora beam and has the same knockback.
3. Olimar can have an infinite number of pikmin with him at a time and if he throws one on you, it doesn't come off until you die.
4. Snake's grenades are replaced by bom-ombs.
5. Ness's PK Fire is the size of Ho-oh's sacred fire.
6. The size of Marth's sword is tripled.
7. Every dash attack from every character can trip 100% of the time.
8. Mario's fireball has the same knock back as Snake's fsmash.
9. Wario's waft covers the whole stage.
10. Metaknight's jab is given more knockback.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
LOL this is so stupid. Not to be a jerk, but really?

OKAY here's what you do. Use all of the super codes, or the general super code KTHNXBAI
Don't be an asshat Cookie. I've done that very thing before. The game couldn't handle it very well and froze quite often. This will be a much better way to superfy everyone without using tons of codes to freeze the game.

Though the GSC reminds me that we should remember to abuse IASA when necessary. :3

Mmm... I don't know. Infinite, unescapable combos are never cool. Even Onslaught Falcon could be beaten by a normal character. Theoretically. You have to at least be able to escape with DI.

Oh, also - Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Bowser all have to have their body covering entry 'flaming' graphic effects on. Permanently. Because there's no reason why a super-powerful character shouldn't be on fire if they can be.
That's right. Onslaught Falcon's very purpose is not to create an unbeatable Captain Falcon, but to make a Captain Falcon at his full potential while still being a beatable, though enjoyably hard opponent. Even a Level 9 CPU Onslaught Falcon and beat you while actually using combos. Think about that. (Also, watching two OCFs fight each other is freakin' hilarious, but I've tried 4. Best. Match. EVER.)

Also for the name, I vote in Super Brawl. It's what I called the game when I had all Super characters and stuff. It's unoriginal and maybe corny sounding, but it gets to the point and in itself, is badass. :3

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Also for the name, I vote in Super Brawl. It's what I called the game when I had all Super characters and stuff. It's unoriginal and maybe corny sounding, but it gets to the point and in itself, is badass. :3
"You want to play Brawl?"

"No! We're playing SUPER BRAWL!!!"

Edit: Oh gosh! I just had the greatest idea for my Omeganon! I can't tell you it's so good! I lol'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom