• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Hitbubbles/.Pac Included

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman

This thread will serve as a collective base for all things pertaining to Zelda's hitbubbles.​

Here is the download link for the .pac. FitZelda.pac
NOTE!: To activate the hitbubbles you must press Dtaunt and to deactivate them press Uptaunt.

Additional screenshots courtesy of KayLo!. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8904458&postcount=61

Index
  • Grabs
  • Ground Attacks
  • Aerials
  • Specials
  • Ledge Attack

Grabs

Standing Grab

Running Grab

Pivot Grab

Ground Attacks

Jab

Dtilt

Ftilt

It is the same angled up or down.

Utilt
First Part

Maximum length vertically.

Last part

Fsmash

Occurs four more times with the last hit being the knockback.

Dsmash

First Hit

Second Hit

Usmash

Occurs ten more times then a knockback hit. Could not find a way to stop the hitbubbles from appearing during the first and second interval of the attack. Recently found out how to fix it. :V

Dash Attack

First Part

Second part

Aerials

Nair

Occurs four more times with the last hit being the kockback.

Dair

First part has the sweetspot hitbubble.

Second part with the weak hitbubble.

Fair

Sweetspot is in the last hitbubble.

Bair

Sweetspot is in the last hitbubble.

Uair

Specials

UpB

Ending is the same.

B

Occurs four more times.

Knockback Hitbubble

Ledge Attacks

Less then 100%

Greater then 100%

Yay for another simple one. :V

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks so much!!!

man her ledge attacks have huge range lol

and i did NOT know that her dash attack hits above her!!! ahhh

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Wow, thanks a ton!!

Hmm, interesting....Zelda's ftilt doesnt have as much as range as I predicted.

<3 Fsmash

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks so much, Battletanx. <3

You should probably add that note about dash attack to the OP. It's a little misleading.... I kinda got excited when I saw that hitbubble on top of her head. ;-;

I'm loving fsmash.
I need to jab more now.

But wtf @sweetspot dair. That ****'s tiny. x.x

EDIT: The pretty **** nice range on her grabs is so bittersweet.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Just focus on hitting in the center of her dress :p Too bad it doesnt reach too far below her though.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
OMG!

This sort of explains why Zelda's Usmash and Utilt seem to hit things - it's because her head and upper body parts are covered by the hitbox also! Usmash in particular looks insane!

I'm quite impressed! I really like the vertical coverage in dash attack and Nair looks strangely better than what I thought. But I bet with Nair there's a hurtbox attached - it looks more disjointed here than it really is.

Uair is just... sexy.

BtC thank you very much for doing these!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I use nair all the time versus metas. It is pretty misleading sometime tbh, its also a gamble...

I should work on pivot grabbing with Zelda... thats some sweetdiculous range on that thing... Time to think/practice some setups!

The only bad thing is that it seems like Ftilt is pretty **** useless... Besides is combo ability at lower percents it does not seem worth using often.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ever since kata told me how sexy jab is a while back I had never been happier <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahh haha yeah i remember when kata told me how good jab was too

great stuff :D

man i'm impressed with uair hitbox too

only problem is the startup... but ahhh its not as hard to aim as i thought

i just dont try it enough :p

WickedDeceit

Smash Cadet
I'm really excited for this thread, thanks for putting it up!
Side note: Dair and Lightning Kick sweetspots are actually larger than I expected

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Sweet!

Although Dair sweetspot hitbox is pathetic...

BTW, did you test the angled Ftilt? I'm assuming it has the exact same hitbox that only changes direction.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much, Battletanx. <3

You should probably add that note about dash attack to the OP. It's a little misleading.... I kinda got excited when I saw that hitbubble on top of her head. ;-;

I'm loving fsmash.
I need to jab more now.

But wtf @sweetspot dair. That ****'s tiny. x.x

EDIT: The pretty **** nice range on her grabs is so bittersweet.
Yeah, sorry about not putting that in there at the start. x.x Let me go do that now. :V

Sweet!

Although Dair sweetspot hitbox is pathetic...

BTW, did you test the angled Ftilt? I'm assuming it has the exact same hitbox that only changes direction.
[color=#focb29]Your assumtion is correct. I will add that to the OP too. :V[/color]

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Looking at it again, I'm surprised the sweetspots for fair/bair are so large. Makes me think there might be more setups for them than we have so far.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Thank you so so so much for doing these. I love you.

DSmash and USmash have more range than I thought they would.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Ftilt is strange because it looks really short... I think the reason it is as ranged as Fsmash (or appears to be) is because she steps forwards a lot. In that pic, she'd normally be standing straight where her back leg is I think.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Isnt it the same thing with Fsmash though Kata? Doesnt Zelda move forward with that move as well?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think it is!

She leans forward for Fsmash but physically moves her whole body for Ftilt to match it in range (they seem similarly ranged to me). Fsmash would appear safer in this way because she's not overextending near as much (though she's still overextending).

ninja'd by HSS!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Put simply, fsmash is more disjointed..... it's the magic reaching out more so than her hurtbox (in ftilt's case, her arm/hand), so it's safer than ftilt in that sense because it has more true "range."

MrEh

Smash Hero
The reason why a lot of you think Dsmash has more range is because you guys spam it like crazy when you're in trouble, and that usually works for some reason.

Dtilt on the other hand... That move is ridiculous.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Really? Dsmash had less than I thought it would lol.
Considering that she only sticks her foot about five inches in front of her... The range was actually pretty surprising when I tested it. Funnily enough it has just as much horizontal range as DTilt.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You know what just struck me? Well! You know the sweetspot on her kicks seem to be unusually larger than what we all expected... I bet they have to overlap a character's hurtbox for the sweetspot to connect. I'm guessing each character has a hurtbox that we need to aim for specifically (a certain part of their body - probably the centre (obviously with the right spacing...) ). Hmmmm...

I only say this because I've heard of some characters' body parts being invincible. It would be really cool if we could find each character's hurtbox during neutral and attacking positions. But that's probably for another time because that would take AGES! I don't even think PSA can do hurtboxes just yet.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
because im pissed at how innacurate these images are

for those of you whom plan to post images of these hit boxes, the best way to get accurate full hitboxes would be to take a snap shot of everysingle frame until they are gone then in photoshop lay all the images over each other leaving the final frame on the bottom WITHOUT MOVING THEM crop everything but the bubbles and the very bottom image file and that shud give an accurate overall hitbox image

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
because im pissed at how innacurate these images are

for those of you whom plan to post images of these hit boxes, the best way to get accurate full hitboxes would be to take a snap shot of everysingle frame until they are gone then in photoshop lay all the images over each other leaving the final frame on the bottom WITHOUT MOVING THEM crop everything but the bubbles and the very bottom image file and that shud give an accurate overall hitbox image
How about you go do it, then?

That's a lot of work and kind of unnecessary unless you happen to have a bunch of free time on your hands. Getting frame-by-frame snapshots alone would take forever. These pictures give a good enough idea of what her hitboxes look like.

But hey, if someone is up for the hours of work it would take.... more power to them.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
How about you go do it, then?

That's a lot of work and kind of unnecessary unless you happen to have a bunch of free time on your hands. Getting frame-by-frame snapshots alone would take forever. These pictures give a good enough idea of what her hitboxes look like.

But hey, if someone is up for the hours of work it would take.... more power to them.
And would not a video slowed down serve that purpose better? I remember ninjalink saying he was going to make a video and if he has the debug pause on he can catch each attack frame by frame. :V I just took the screenshots to show a paused reference of the attack. Nothing more, nothing less.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
BtC, he's referring to this:

People should keep in mind that hitboxes interpolate ("stretch") between the locations of the previous frame's and current frame's hitbox locations.

The hitboxes aren't perfect circles because they're a combination of two different locations, as you can see above -- the higher stretched portion is the location where the fist was the previous frame. Magus has confirmed that hitboxes work similarly in Brawl.

Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.
SHeLL/Magus is right. Enable Debug Pause, choose Snake and ZSS (ZSS's jab comes out in one frame which makes it ideal for this sort of thing.) PSA shows Snake's up-tilt as having hitboxes in front of him during frames 6-7 and then they suddenly shift to being on top of him starting on frame 8. Make ZSS stand right in front of where Snake's up-tilt hitboxes will appear. Do Snake's up tilt, and on frame 7 input a jab with ZSS (so the jab shows up on frame 8.) You'll see that even though the screen shows the hitboxes as being above Snake, ZSS's jab will clank showing that the hitbox is still in front of Snake too.
Even a vid wouldn't show the "stretch" of the hitboxes between their different positions.

However, while a vid or pics showing this would be nice, it would take a LOT of work. If someone's willing to do it, great, but for the time being, I think these screenshots do a good enough job until there's an easier way to do the other method.

Top Bottom