• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Hit Boxes (all specials done)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sheiks Hit Boxes.

First off I would like to thank Innocentroads for finishing the Sheik pac. so I wouldn't have to.
"Thanks man, you saved me TONS of time."

Without further ado I present to you Sheik move set with hit bubble's.

Jab

Jab 1

Jab 2

The rapid jabs

Grab

Standing Grab

Dash Grab

Pivot Grab

Forward Tilt

Forward Tilt low

Forward Tilt medium

Forward Tilt high

Down Tilt

Down Tilt 1

Down Tilt 2

Down Tilt 3

Up Tilt

Up Tilt first hit

Up Tilt second hit 1

Up Tilt second hit 2

Up Tilt second hit 3

Up Tilt second hit 4

Dash Attack

Dash Attack 1

Dash Attack 2

Forward Smash

Forward Smash 1

Forward Smash 2

Down Smash

Down Smash 1

Down Smash 2

Down Smash 3

Up Smash

Up Smash Tipper

Up Smash side 1

Up Smash side 2

An attempt at specials

In the game Sheiks specials are considered an article and thus we cannot get hit box bubble's on them. So I made a couple of custom stages to put see what I could find.
The following are my best interpretations of her specials moves hit box's.

Needle Storm

The reason why there are two bubble's is because a Needle can turn a foe around and pull them in. I made a stage with a slant to test the Needle's up and down hit box (assuming that down is equal to up). After a little bit of testing I noticed that when Ike was a certain distance down the ramp he would turn around 100% of the time. I took that as one of the hit boxes were lower than the other.

Chain

Chain Release

I tested on a custom to see where the sweet spots where same as I have with all of the others.
On a side note, all of those hit boxes are electric.

Ground Chain

The Chain was at first a hard code to crack.
It has very small hit boxes, but some how it covers a large area. I had no idea how to space the hit boxes at all. Then I noticed that the chain is made of small segments.
When I was trying trying to figure out the size I hit a wall. The bubble's have to be smaller than any other bubble's I have seen so far. So I had to guess on the size by where my foe was taking damage.
I also noted that you could sweet spot at two different area's on the Chain. SO I assumed there was a joined hit box right there.

Air Chain

The only difference is that the foe takes more hit stun, more damage and you cannot attack as frequent. It does not appear to have a different hit box.

Vanish

Vanish Explosion

I tested it and tested it and tested it.
The Vanish appears to be one giant hit bubble.
Anything within or touching that yellow ring will take damage.

Vanish Catch

The game done the dirty work for me.
It provided a wind wake that appeared to be the hit box. So I just out lined it.

Neutral Air

Strong Neutral Air

Weak Neutral Air

Forward Air

Forward Air 1

Forward Air 2

Forward Air 3

Forward Air 4

Back Air

Strong Back Air

Weak Back Air

Up Air

Down Air

Ledge Wakes

Below 100% Attack Ledge Wake

Above 100% Attack Ledge Wake

Ground Wakes

Ground Wake one 1

Ground Wake one 2

Ground Wake two 1

Ground Wake two 2

Trip Ground Wake 1

Trip Ground Wake 2

ps If you see anything out of place let me know.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks a bunch!!

nothing erally surprising here to me but it's good to know how big some of them are, esp utilt

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
my hero.
if/when you get vids... I'll change my name to <3SaviorsLegacy

saviorslegacy

thanks a bunch!!

nothing erally surprising here to me but it's good to know how big some of them are, esp utilt
Bair and u-tilt both surprised me. Well, so did USmash. I always thought USmash was short ranged.

The only bad new is that you can get data on the chain or Needle's. I think you can for Vanish though.
So I plan on making a custom stage where there is a slant to test those and then edit the bubble's onto them.
my hero.
if/when you get vids... I'll change my name to <3SaviorsLegacy
Well, I didn't exactly make the hack. Innocentroads did.
If he didn't I would have though. I was already working on it and had u-tilt, f-tilt and jab finished.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Imagine this: "<3SaviorsLegacy won Winterfest with sheik?!"
yeah.

saviorslegacy

Imagine this: "<3SaviorsLegacy won Winterfest with sheik?!"
yeah.
-_-
BTW, I am testing to try and find the hit box's of her specials.
Vanish has a pretty big hit bubble. It seems to just be one though.
Oh, and it looks like Needle's have 2 hit box's.

saviorslegacy

seems like as though sheik has 0 disjoints on tilts + aerials, no surprise
*failue

Almost every move is disjointed.
Because she is so skinny the hit bubble's extend on both sides.
That makes her up close disjoint game good because most really fast disjoints don't have the range of lets say a Marth Fair.

As for over all disjoints... she has them.
U-tilt looks to be as disjointed as Snakes u-tilt. I seriously want you to compare the two.
Sweet spot Bair is also pretty disjointed. Her foot is invincible plus she has that huge circular hot box at the end of her foot.
DSmash also stands out because part of her legs are invincible + there are these two (or of you are starting the attack it is one) big ole hit bubble's.
However, I do have to say that rapid jabs are extremely disjointed, fast, a constant hit box and a wall. I have a video up with me beating Snakes f-tilt with it. They are really good.
USmash also gets an honorable mention because of it's disjointed sides.

If you want to get more generic I can just say that Chain is one of the most disjointed attack in the game, Needle's are a multiple hit box + they have two hit box's (I done some testing and I'll put the pic up in a minute) AND Vanish has no hurt box when it goes off.

So yeah, she is disjointed. She doesn't have a freakin sword but she is like Snake.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, she is not "like Snake." Snake has hitboxes that fully exist outside of his character model. All of Sheik's hitboxes, with the obvious exceptions like chain and needles, while they may be larger than her, are still completely attached to Sheik herself.

The disjoint on her bair isn't going to save her from the disjoint on a Snake utilt. It won't even trade. This is because while Sheik's bair has a TINY BIT OF RANGE past her actual foot, Snake's foot doesn't AT ANY POINT enter the zone of his utilt hitboxes. Comparably, the disjoint of Marth's fair allows him to swing his sword while Snake utilts, and both attacks will miss each other completely.

Nobody cares about a disjoint of less than a hitbox's length. In case you didn't notice, that's normal. A hitbox that is SMALLER than the character is actually very bad. It's referred to by some as negative priority because it gets beat by things that aren't, by normal conventions, disjointed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
some moves make parts of her body invincible (like how yoshi's head is invulnerable during usmash for example) This happens with utilt and dsmash and I'm sure a few other moves as well.

saviorslegacy

some moves make parts of her body invincible (like how yoshi's head is invulnerable during usmash for example) This happens with utilt and dsmash and I'm sure a few other moves as well.
Bair, Uair and maybe Nair.
I would like to say f-tilt but I only think that her foot is disjointed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ftilt = no

bair I'm doubting it more and more. I think the hit box is just really big I don't think her legs become invulnerable.

uair no, her legs aren't invlnerable

dair her legs may be invul, but more characters still out range that with their uairs so /shrug..

to test ground moves use any aerial on the spot in question aerials don't clnk with ground moves.

for aerials test against ground moves for the same reason. uair meta's dsmash for example and see if you get hit. you can do it in slow motion to better see the reaction if you don't have access to frame by frame.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've gotten Peach usmashed out of my Sheik dair many many times.

Also, easy example of ground move that clanks with aerial move: Olimar usmash.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
thats not a real ground move hit box though... pikmin hit boxes are pretty much solid projectiles.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Because the difference in damage is not greater than 10. MKs glide attack works like a ground move as far as I know.

At least it's not because her ftilt is extremely disjointed or something.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Something's ****ing wrong with you if you think a foot should be disjointed. Snake is the exception and by no means should he ever be treated as the rule instead.

saviorslegacy

Something's ****ing wrong with you if you think a foot should be disjointed. Snake is the exception and by no means should he ever be treated as the rule instead.
Changes I would do:

#1 Chain comes out on frame 7
#2 jabs have no ending lag
#3 FSmash would have more range and her legs would be disjointed
#4 f-tilt would be disjointed all the way to her butt
#5 needle's would have no lag
#6 Vanish had twice the distance
#7 Vanish would have no ending lag
#8 u-tilt would spike 100% of the time
#9 USmash had a tipper hit box twice as big
#10 Sheiks Needle's could bucket break
#11 f-tilt had frame advantage of 20
#12 jab was frame 1
#13 Sheiks eye's produce a constant hit box on her head
#14 Chain tether ALWAYS knocked people off of the ledge

Yep, that should do.
Great job, SL. Interesting to see this... wish the Samus boards had something like this >.>
I give it 2 weeks until you have this out on the Samus boards.

Judo777

Smash Master
screw that just give her laser priority on all her moves and give her a panic gimping tool that u use when u dont know what to do offstage. Throw in some more jumps and an almost completely safe dsmash that kills at like 100%. Oh crap hold on guys doesn't this character already exist?????

saviorslegacy

screw that just give her laser priority on all her moves and give her a panic gimping tool that u use when u dont know what to do offstage. Throw in some more jumps and an almost completely safe dsmash that kills at like 100%. Oh crap hold on guys doesn't this character already exist?????
lol .

saviorslegacy

lol, Innocentroads PM'd me about it. He was really happy when he figured out how to get hit boxed for props. lol, good show... I am really impressed because it is close to impossible to get the hit boxes for those from what I have been told.

Sweet, I was really close on the Vanish.
As for the Needle's...... then why do they get turned around 100% of the time if they just nick them withe the bottom hit box? I am really confused......

Top Bottom