• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LRA START an Austin TX tournament April 10th!!!!!!!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
LRA START aka Rage quit

Austin TX tournament hosted by yours truly

First Austin TX tournament since... A long long time ago.

When and where!!!

April 10th *Saturday*

New Venue info :: Soon to come. I do have a venue though so no worries! I need to see what room I need to rent out and at that time I will be getting the adress and pictures and everything else you all will need to make it to this wonderful event.

I will have pics of the venue whenever I take pictures of the venue.

I will need people to help me with setups and TV's and cubes/Wii's and games.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BRING A SETUP POST IT PLEASE!

Rules

First off our most important rule! If a TO calls your name and you do not show up within 7 minutes you will forfeit the first match of the set. If you are later than 10 minutes for a match you are disqualified. If you have been penalized once already and show up late to your next match you will be disqualified. Now that I'm done being mean lets get to the good stuff.

4 stock, no items, 8 minute time limit
Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
**Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set and one random reset.**
The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List.
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the neutral stage list or counter pick stages.
The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

DSR is in effect.
At the begging of a match you may call for a blind pick.
All matches will be played best of 3 except for losers and winners finals which will be best of 5.
Wobbling will be banned.
Stall tactics are also banned *dunno if I said that yet*

Random stages

Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

Counter pick stages

Rainbow cruise
Kongo Jungle
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Poke Floats
Corneria
Brinstar

Teams Rules

Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON
Mute City/ FoD are both banned because they lag.

Everything else will be banned.

Entry fee's

Regular $5 venue fee. I was able to find a cheap new venue to host this tournament at. I'll get to check it out on Thursday. I will provide pictures and whatnot.

$15 singles

$10 per team ($5 per teammate)

If time allows we may be doing crews or other wanted events.

Contact info
You can message me on here but I'd prefer if you have any questions you AIM me at Gamewiz199 or email me at Gamewiz199@yahoo.com my phone number is (512) 733-3588.

I am also going to try and live stream this tournament with commentary and everything else sooooo if you cant make it sit back on your couch and watch the sparks fly as some of the best smashers around go at it!!!!!

If I left anything out please tell me alright thanks and smash love!!!!

If you would like to attend this tournament or are thinking about it. Please post in this thread so I know. Tell me either you are for sure coming or thinking about it or might make it but I need to get a list started of everyone that is going!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I'm there. I'm more than happy to serve as a 2nd contact source. My AIM is Igomoo and my phone is 512-914-9745

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'm willing to change the rules if enough people ask for the same thing.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
How about this modified European ruleset.

How Stagestriking works:

You play 1 game of rock/paper/scissors with your opponent.The winner gets to strike a stage first. After this the loser will strike 2 stages and the winner may strike the last stage. This way 1 of the random stages is being played in the first game. (in teams Fountain of dreams will be replaced by Stadium.)

Starter stages:
Final destination
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Fountain of dreams
Yoshi's story

Counterpick stages:

Kongo jungle 64
Pokemon Stadium
Mute City
Rainbow ride
Brinstar
Corneria

Kal

Smash Champion
I like the nonsense California stage-strike thing. Also, hasn't Green Greens always been a legal counterpick?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
No, it's been banned in most sensible areas of the country for quite some time now.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
first post in 4 months, whaaaaaaaaa? does smash still exist? lawl. landon, come back to austin already. i guess ill prolly come to this tourny. bring back some good ol basics.

Jake13

Smash Lord
hype hype hype hype

the best players in texas are gonna be here.

since TX never travels this will be the deciding factor of why we wreck OOS

MANGO WHERE U AT

AustinRC

Smash Lord
First post updated! I will talk to the owner of the Venue about a two day event but I'm not sure about it.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Austin, I can and will help you in any way possible. I know this is your event, but make good use of your resources ;) Anyway, I hope to find out about the venue soon, and I'm super excited for this. I had wanted to hold another WtYM, but I suppose this will take its place.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Any reason not to add Brawl to this? The Brawl community could pretty much just take over running that whole half of a tourney. We just need a venue.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
If we are to start up a power ranking and bring melee back to life there needs to be a strong melee only tounament. D'oH and Nike20 are FULL of win!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
To SideEffect maybe this is where we should do our $100 mm. Get it hyped up!

Top Bottom