• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 4 - Dec 5th - Dallas TX = Razer, Gnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 4
Dallas TX Tournament - MK Legal
Livestream:
N/A​

Venue:
Club house at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
(Click for map)​

Date/time:
December 5, 2009
Registration begins at 11:30am. Tournament starts at 12:30pm.​

UTDZac: 361-676-2223 / AIM: shadowgripper
Monica (ladybug): 972-339-2713 / AIM: youftw​

Events and Fees:
Venue - $3
Brawl 1v1 - $10 - NO REFUNDS
Brawl 2v2 - $5 per person - NO REFUNDS
Secondaries 1v1 (if time permits) - $2​

Setups
I need as many setups as can be brought. Please let me know if you can bring them. I don't have any myself so it's all up to you guys. This is IMPORTANT!!!

Starter Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino

Counter-pick:
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

If both players agree on a banned stage, it's okay to use it.​

Payouts
63 or less entrants
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

64 to 95 entrants
1st = 60% - Entry Fee
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%
4th = Entry Fee back

96 or more entrants
1st = 55%
2nd = 25%
3rd = 10%
4th = 5%
5th = 2.5%
5th = 2.5%​

General rules:
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.
  • In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs
  • Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
  • DeDeDe's Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.
  • Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%. Does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
  • Stalling, including planking, is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling.

Other Rules
  • Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
  • Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 60 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

There will also be brownies in thanks for coming, supporting this and supporting Dallas Smash.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ill make sure to save up, no warrents out for me this time =)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I might be able to come to this, depending on if I feel I have enough time to study for my final.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yay @ Mike haze rule hahaha.

I'll be there.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I really want to come. :) Since my parents bailed on me going to Last4, I think they're gonna let me come to this.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think I'm going to start reporting your posts, b/c this page stretching is annoying the hell out of me...

Like, you're cool and I have no issue with you and I get that you like the name Smoom b/c it's fun to say... but this is just gay.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
You know I'll be there. Matter of fact, I'll probably stay til Monday since I don't have any class that day.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Get ****ing hype! As far as I know I will be going to this. I'll probably bring along lee martin, or vise versa.

Last one was rly awesome,

@ Light, You better come to this f@ggot!

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Lookin to goin to this.

Anybody wanna team in the Brawl 2v2 event? nvm no dublz teamate

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I wanna play pokebattles. :p Cause they're fun and sometimes I don't lose. Haha.
its time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel! plus assuming you're the only one who wants to play, ill automatically get to meet you =)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Because that's how Zac says it is.

Plus doubles is first. I would understand if it was second when it starts to get late... But its not.

@PX - I'm sorry about when it is. Since Hobo changes and Winterfest... I didn't have an option. :(

It's probably going to be the same in January cause of Pound.

And pokebattles are played with PT. :D Super fun. Sometimes. Unless your Sethlon. Or me a lot of times... Or Josh. :p

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just see it as if the entry is $5 for dublz, more players would be willing to come together for a measly $5 and join the dublz bracket. Making the dublz bracket bigger.

I'm pretty sure Louisiana wants dublz $10 a person; from what I gathered.

Gnes

Smash Master
Things are looking grim...me and razer have not been able to secure a ride for this. Worst comes to worst...gnes will have to use teleport ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom