• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitbubble Data ( .Pac + Video + Screenshots Included! )

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

**I haven't done the screenshots for Pika's trip getup yet. I'll add them at some point..... if I remember. x.x

**Ctrl + F to find the move you want quickly.

Tons of credit to K Prime for making the visible hitbox .pac for Pikachu.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmnzzmyogzg

Video (also by K Prime):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6ss0NqtsA

**Keep in mind that hitboxes stretch from frame to frame, so these screenshots and videos aren't 100% accurate. However, they give a good enough idea, and until there's a way to show this "stretching," it's the best we've got (just use your imagination!). For more detailed info on what I mean, the quotes below explain it pretty well:

People should keep in mind that hitboxes interpolate ("stretch") between the locations of the previous frame's and current frame's hitbox locations.

The hitboxes aren't perfect circles because they're a combination of two different locations, as you can see above -- the higher stretched portion is the location where the fist was the previous frame. Magus has confirmed that hitboxes work similarly in Brawl.

Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.
SHeLL/Magus is right. Enable Debug Pause, choose Snake and ZSS (ZSS's jab comes out in one frame which makes it ideal for this sort of thing.) PSA shows Snake's up-tilt as having hitboxes in front of him during frames 6-7 and then they suddenly shift to being on top of him starting on frame 8. Make ZSS stand right in front of where Snake's up-tilt hitboxes will appear. Do Snake's up tilt, and on frame 7 input a jab with ZSS (so the jab shows up on frame 8.) You'll see that even though the screen shows the hitboxes as being above Snake, ZSS's jab will clank showing that the hitbox is still in front of Snake too.
**Wide shots with Zelda added for size comparison.

Jab

Dash Attack

Ftilt
(First image is max range, second + third show how the hitbox "contracts" during the animation.)

Straight-angled:

Up-angled:

Down-angled:

Dtilt

Part 1:

Part 2:

Vertical Range:

Utilt

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Fsmash

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Dsmash

Initial hitboxes:

Final hitbox:

Usmash

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Reason why it loses horizontal range :mad::

Nair

Sweetspot:

Non-sweetspot:

Fair

Initial hitboxes:

Final hitbox:

Dair

Aerial hitbox:

Landing hitbox:

Uair

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Bair

Initial hitboxes:

Final aerial hitboxes:

Landing hitbox:

Skull Bash

Thunder (T2 only)

Vertical Range:

Standing Grab

Dash Grab

Pivot Grab

Ledge Attack (<100%)

Part 1:

Part 2:

Ledge Attack (>100%)

Get Up Attack (Front)

Part 1:

Part 2:

Get Up Attack (Back)

Part 1:

Part 2:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Pivot Grab is broken comparatively x.x lol

Amazing job Kaylo, looks awesome!

+1000 coolness points for using Zelda

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
This is great to see! Thanks. Looks nice!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks, guys! And tytyty Prime for making the .pac..... I know it takes hours to do.

+1000 coolness points for using Zelda
;D

I <3 bair's initial hitboxes. Random balls floating around his body, lol.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Excellent job to all involved. Stuff looks great.

I was also terribly surprised by the Ftilt's range. That's quite something! Though, I guess that goes to show how little I actually use that move... I should probably start trying to use it more XD

Mew.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ive been preaching for a long time, ftilt is a somewhat viable kill move at high percents if you cant seem to get it any other way. angle that **** up and watch as it kills frmo the edge at around 150. hopefully the range will convince people, ftilt also clashes with all of marth's sword moves

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, the only problem with ftilt is that unless you're using it to surprise kill someone at the edge (and even then not until moderately high percentages), its only other use is as a GTFO move/combo ender -- it's a faster, shorter-ranged, weaker, non-disjointed version of fsmash, basically.

It has too much knockback + cooldown to be used effectively at low-mid percentages, because you're just knocking the opponent away so that they're free to reset their spacing, and the damage it does is pretty balls. I usually prefer moves that keep the opponent somewhat close so that I can keep pressuring them..... imo, even nair does a better job of keeping the other character in a somewhat vulnerable position.

Not saying you're wrong, Stealth. I just find it to be one of Pika's less useful moves (which isn't so bad.... his moveset generally fits together pretty nicely).

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
As a Jolter-pikachu, it's amazing for jolt-sniping/spamming and links from full-hop jolt nicely to space the opponent for more t-jolt traps. Early thunderguard shenanigans (assuming f-tilt gets the opponent offstage) are possible with this move since it has so much knockback and length.

Although, even with this said, I guess continous (early damage) f-tilts fit into more of a shenanigans-geared approach. I personally feel it depends on the pika really (Me + thunderjolt + f-tilt = annoying = possibly better mindgames = win?! = funny ^_^).

Much like how some kirbys (Chudat) use a nicely spaced falling b-air to BARELY clip the head of a vulnerable opponent on the ledge (who's ledgedropping and stuff) and they are left further offstage without a second jump, I feel that the f-tilt can sometimes be better than d-tilt (although d-tilt has more downwards trajectory) because f-tilt's range is slightly more surprising than d-tilt (which can be easily telegraphed by the pre-requisite crouching that one sees with a majority of new pika's).

Top Bottom