• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA: Barbadorf Ganontia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Ganondorf as Barbatos Goetia or...
:ganondorf: BARBADORF GANONTIA

Fans of the 'Tales of' RPG series may recognize who this moveset is suppose to emulate. Barbatos is notorious for being able to annihilate your party easily with his destructive power and now Ganondorf carries on that legacy to Smash. He is meant to be very deadly but not completely broken. A real tough customer that will rip you in two if you're not careful.

Version 0.7 isn't ready yet, so I've just included v0.5 at the moment. Version 0.5 and lower don't have some hitboxes attached to bones since I didn't know the proper bones at the time, v.0.7 will be fixing this problem.
Download V.0.5 now!

Sort-of Video of v0.5 by silentkill450

Current Changelog for V.0.7.:
- Attached hitboxes to bones and adjusted damage to attacks that needed them
- Increased weight and running speed
- Added some Super Armor to a few attacks
- Down Tilt slightly sped up
- New Up Smash, up throw animation, dark damage
- Second hit of Down Smash sets off an explosion and sends enemies flying horizontally
- First hit of Down B sets up for the second hit
- Odd ending lag of ground Down B fixed
!-For now, Aerial Down B is a taunt in mid-air, stopping Barbadorf's momentum completely. Able to stay in one place in mid-air for however long you want or until you're hit. Will be changed into a full-fledged attack in next version.
- Massive increase to hitboxes in World Destroyer, attack has super armor until a bit before the attack goes off (frame 60 at normal speed, attack goes off at frame 70)
- Removed vacuum effect on World Destroyer
- Ever-so-slightly sped up World Destroyer
- New Last ditch attack: Down Taunt: Genocide Braver: Barbadorf spins in place then fires a devastating blast out in front of himself. Does 10% for first four hits, 20% on fifth hit with huge horizontal knockback

Changelog for V.0.3:
- New Dash Attack: Evil Charge: Barbadorf charges and knocks foes against the ground. A nifty pseudo-spike when hitting someone near the edge.
- New Side Tilt: Ares Fist: Barbadorf swings his fist and socks his foe right in the kisser. Launches the enemy in a high arc with set knockback.
-New Down Tilt: Stomp: Barbadorf kicks his enemy in the shins and shocks them. The attack continues for as long as you don't do anything else. Usually hits about twice before hitting them out of range.
- New Side Smash: Compass: Barbadorf swings his arm and backhands an enemy.
- New Up Smash: Shock: is a weakened version of his old Up Smash with reduced damage and greatly reduced knockback in trade for keeping the enemy in front of you so you can pound on them more.
- New Neutral B: Poison Field: Barbadorf punches the ground and dark flames erupt around him, hitting enemies on either side of him 4 times before launching them straight up. The move has a set knockback so it can't kill, but it does stick the enemies with the Flower status.
- New Down B: Cruel Combination: Ares Fist -> Shock (stuns) -> Compass. (You can cancel the attack after Shock)
- Forward Throw: With added electric effect and damage
- Back Throw: With added darkness effect and damage
- Up Throw: With added darkness effect and damage
- Entrance now has laughing victory added onto it
- Up Taunt is now laughing victory
- Last ditch attack: Side Taunts: World Destroyer: Instant kill to anyone it hits, however requires time to execute.

To Do List:
- Possibly add the sword to Ares Fist and Compass
- New attacks
- Make other various adjustments
- New FS: NO ITEMS EVER!

.v.Pictures Here.v.
Poison Field

Shock

Compass

Ares Fist

Stomp

World Destroyer

Barbadorf approves of your demise.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I remember this Ganondorf!

Good to see that you're still working on him1

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
You know, if you made him a little quicker and stronger, he might be a good candidate for Brawl Minus (a tier set by Onslaught Falcon as being a perfect example).

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Aw, I thought it was Barbaros from SC Legends... well it still looks fun to play as.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
v.0.7 is almost ready for release. Here's what's been changed (some things subject to change)

Current Changelog for V.0.7.:
- Attached hitboxes to bones and adjusted damage to attacks that needed them
- Increased weight and running speed
- Added some Super Armor to a few attacks
- Down Tilt slightly sped up
- New Up Smash, up throw animation, dark damage
- Second hit of Down Smash sets off an explosion and sends enemies flying horizontally
- First hit of Down B sets up for the second hit
- Odd ending lag of ground Down B fixed
!-For now, Aerial Down B is a taunt in mid-air, stopping Barbadorf's momentum completely. Able to stay in one place in mid-air for however long you want or until you're hit. Will be changed into a full-fledged attack in next version.
- Massive increase to hitboxes in World Destroyer, attack has super armor until a bit before the attack goes off (frame 60 at normal speed, attack goes off at frame 70)
- Removed vacuum effect on World Destroyer
- Ever-so-slightly sped up World Destroyer
- New Last ditch attack: Down Taunt: Genocide Braver: Barbadorf spins in place then fires a devastating blast out in front of himself. Does 10% for first four hits, 20% on fifth hit with huge horizontal knockback

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
Just a wee bit broken?

Considering that this is someone who you made basically able to hit the entire screen and virtually invulnerable... yeah he's broken.

I prefer characters like metaknight that yes they're powerful, but their not completely broken or 'cheap' and they are fun to play, not like your playing with opponents on 300% all the time which seems boring and unsatisfying.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I understand where you're coming, but the 'hit the entire screen attack' takes at least 6-7 seconds before it actually hits anything. That's plenty of time to hit him or grab him out of it, he may not flinch from damage for part of the wind-up, but he is grab-able for the entirety of it.

But hey, if you don't want to use the moveset, to each their own.

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
I like functional move sets, I have yet to see a good ganon one. It seems good so far if you just scaled down the power/knockback a little.

Might it be a possible idea to make the FS be world destroyer instead? (Since no items ever doesn't seem very possible, also many times people will play without items anyway so it is kind of self defeating)

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Well I've actually played and finished the Tales of Destiny remake so... I'll give some input on the accuracy of his attacks.

Give him a Zero Laser for Genocide Braver. If it's a Lv1 CPU Barbatos, it'll be Cheap Eliminate instead. Causes near instant death and Cheap Eliminate causes instant Death.

Make his Final Smash "No Items Ever" and give him an auto smash ball whenever someone picks up an item. Ultimate counter against Link, T. Link, Peach, R.O.B. and Diddy. So of course, picking up a bomb, turnip, or a banana means instant death.

Barbatos runs as fast as Stahn (his run animation BEFORE he does his shoulder ram)... which means he's very fast on dash. When he dashes, it's usually instant death since Abyss Elbow is rigged sauce.

Give him some lightning stomps (Waluigi stomps, not Thunder Storming) that forces you into the ground. This is usually done after a choke grab... which also means instant death.

His forward smash would be a giant slam with his axe that causes instant death... but if he misses, the second part of the attack summons a rock which breaks and turns you to stone. While in stone effect... you can't move or block. Pretty much instant death.

Hell Heat can shoot out bullets and home as well. Unblockable and dodgeable unless you have invincibility frames. Did I mention it causes instant death?

World Destroyer takes about 5 seconds to activate and does the equivalent of 100 times the maximum HP in terms of damage (9999hp max (in DC) -> 100,000 dmg for 1 hit)... which means around 99999% in Smash... instant death.

-

LOL I'm just trollin', there's no way to make a legit Barbatos. He was basically made to be rigged in Tales of Destiny (2/RM). Anything less than the above points is just an insult to his name. His appearance in Tales of Vs. is also a travesty.

Oh and... NORIO ****ING WAKAMOTO

-

But trolling aside... it really won't seem like Barbatos without his axe and flowing locks of blue Norio Wakamoto hair. Unless PSA goes so far to edit that stuff... I think I'd be more content with a fully functional sword Ganon.

This PSA is basically lacking 3 key things that MAKE Barbatos: A giant axe, long blue hair, and Norio Wakamoto VA.

But whatever... I think the best thing to do is make him INCREDIBLY broken.... but make it viable for a 3 v 1 fight (like Giant DK from SSB64). I mean, that's how you're SUPPOSED to fight him... a team of players VS him alone... he's a BOSS. That's Tales Style gameplay.

Tabuu already has instant kill moves... so I'd say replace Tabuu with Barbatos and we might have something here.

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
But trolling aside... it really won't seem like Barbatos without his axe and flowing locks of blue Norio Wakamoto hair. Unless PSA goes so far to edit that stuff... I think I'd be more content with a fully functional sword Ganon.

This PSA is basically lacking 3 key things that MAKE Barbatos: A giant axe, long blue hair, and Norio Wakamoto VA.

But whatever... I think the best thing to do is make him INCREDIBLY broken.... but make it viable for a 3 v 1 fight (like Giant DK from SSB64). I mean, that's how you're SUPPOSED to fight him... a team of players VS him alone... he's a BOSS. That's Tales Style gameplay.

Tabuu already has instant kill moves... so I'd say replace Tabuu with Barbatos and we might have something here.
On replacing tabuu with him.... The problem is that you'd have to make a new AI for him since it's a PSA and CPU's are stupid when it comes to that, but to being programmed to function on normal settings not the PSA ones.

And the more broken this PSA is the less likely it will be used for anything. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InverseLawOfUtilityAndLethality Basically so powerful that he lacks any use besides overkill.

Which in turn makes him unfit for brawling since he'd be way too powerful no be anywhere near beatable. Only use I can think of for a broken character of that magnitude would be for making stupidly high home run contest records or something similar.

The hair and battle axe can probably be done with some model imports, but I do not understand what you mean by 'Norio Wakamoto VA'.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
An Axe on Barbatos in Brul? Will never be done.

ITEM NAZO! TSUKATTEN JA! NEEEEEE!!!!!!

BUGKILLER23

Smash Rookie
Dude use vertex hacking and also did you gave up to this project?If no why dont use Dark execution as a FS?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Why did you bump this...
and no, the project wasn't given up on. v.8 was released a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom