• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Hit-Bubbles, and Mexican tier list

aish

Smash Journeyman
Mmm movements programmed so well :3 and I think it's a taad bigger when you dash grabor it could just be an illusion because of the 3 smaller bubbles. When you turn around and then grab(no dashing) is that a pivot grab or just a standing grab. Random question too is that really how hit boxes 'look' like? xD bubbles? I think it would help with frame data, shows when hit box is out 8D..for offensive moves but i don't know anything about collecting frame data so i wouldn't know OTL and snake's bubbles are huuge

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Mmm movements programmed so well :3 and I think it's a taad bigger when you dash grabor it could just be an illusion because of the 3 smaller bubbles. When you turn around and then grab(no dashing) is that a pivot grab or just a standing grab. Random question too is that really how hit boxes 'look' like? xD bubbles? I think it would help with frame data, shows when hit box is out 8D..for offensive moves but i don't know anything about collecting frame data so i wouldn't know OTL and snake's bubbles are huuge
Oh you're right, it is bigger
http://imgur.com/awkhf.png
http://imgur.com/Hyrbm.gif

And if you're talking about this, then it is a pivot grab

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it is slightly bigger when you dash grab, just a little slower, though.

When you tun around and grab, it usually is a pivot grab if you have any momentum, but the way you said it, it could be a standing grab as well. The difference is the pivot animation.

I don't know if it's exactly how hitboxes look like, but I believe it is close. I'm pretty sure they are bubbles.

And no, iy wouldn't help with frame data unless you had the program that shows the hit-boxes on a homebrew Wii with a frame by frame debug. Otherwise, there are easier ways to tell when a hit-box is out.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Bump since i added the Mexican tier list: i added it b/c pit is so high in it i thought u might like to see it.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
That list is really crack in places.

I think Pit has A tier potential, but not really S.

Of course, I don't have any hard evidence to base this on.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I never realized how big some of Pit's hits were. I got a few "What's?" out of my roommates while playing them yesterday since suddenly I was hitting from way farther away XP

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
also there is no official Japanese tier list but the few i have seen have pit really high i will post it if people want

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, the vid of Pit's hitboxes were helpful to me. Many thanks ^_^

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
Awesome, the vid of Pit's hitboxes were helpful to me. Many thanks ^_^

yeah those videos were very helpful. Been spacing a lot better since i watched it.

That list is really crack in places.

I think Pit has A tier potential, but not really S.

Of course, I don't have any hard evidence to base this on.

Pit for sure has top ten tier potential and there is tons of evidence to back it up. We players just need to work on our metagames and matchups and start placing higher in tournaments

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Pit for sure has top ten tier potential and there is tons of evidence to back it up. We players just need to work on our metagames and matchups and start placing higher in tournaments
Yeah, he could definitely be placed higher, we just don't see much tournament turn-out. We could also use better kill setups.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
yeah i mean i do not know what the smash term is but pit has great DPS so getting someone to a killing percent is not hard. And we can arrow camp and stale our arrows to refresh killing moves. He def has a lot of tricky setups that people just do not know about yet. I am trying to bring light to some of it in the meta game forum but i need all the inputs from all the pits.

Smashragde

Smash Rookie
the mexican pit are great ;D that why pit is up there in the tier list :/ adn and me are great examples of the pit power in mexico O_O

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ahem, ragde, y yo que wei?

Yeah I saw this a while back, kinda weird seeing pit in A tier, he has potential but idk if he's A tier caliber, again idk, and lol at no one complaining about this, everyone's like 'OMG COOL 8D'.

Personally I'd hate if Pit were top tier, just saying.

And sigh... ganon can never catch a break :/

Also the hitbox video helps a lot, basically if you hist the middle bubble of the Dtilt that will cause the spike.
And wow at the range of the pivot grab

Top Bottom