• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest thing since Canned Bread/King DeDeDe's Hitbubbles/.Pac Included

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman

This thread will serve as a collective base for all things pertaining to King DeDeDe's hitbubbles.​

Here is the download link for the .pac.
FitDedede.pac
NOTE!: To activate the hitbubbles you must press Dtaunt and to deactivate them press Uptaunt.

Index
  • Grabs
  • Ground Attacks
  • Aerials
  • Specials
  • Ledge Attack

Grabs

Standing Grab

Running Grab

Pivot Grab

Ground Attacks

Jab 1

Jab 2

Start

End

Jab 3

Dtilt

Part One

Part Two

Ftilt

Last hitbubble is in the hammer.

Utilt

Beginning

End

Fsmash

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Dsmash

First part one one side.

Second part on other side.

Usmash

Beginning

Apex

End

Dash Attack

Aerials

Nair

First Hitbubble

Second weaker hitbubble.

Dair

Repeat six more times with the last one having the knockback.

Fair

Bair

First Hitbubble

Second weaker hitbubble.

Uair

Repeat eight more times with the last hit being the knockback.

Specials

UpB

Part one

Part two, stars come out shortly after.

Bdown

Same hitbubble for max charged in air/on ground.

Non-charged in the air gets you a neat hitbubble under DeDeDe. :V

Ledge Attacks

Less then 100%

Greater then 100%

Once again, last hitbubble is inside the hammer. :V

Yay! Finally done! :V

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Side B and Neutral B are very, very odd in PSA, but regardless, you can tell where there hitboxes are naturally.

Now, we can all see how huge Bair natrually is, as well as Down air, and pivot grab. Wanna know what makes them EVEN BIGGER?

People should keep in mind that hitboxes interpolate ("stretch") between the locations of the previous frame's and current frame's hitbox locations.

The hitboxes aren't perfect circles because they're a combination of two different locations, as you can see above -- the higher stretched portion is the location where the fist was the previous frame. Magus has confirmed that hitboxes work similarly in Brawl.

Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.

SHeLL/Magus is right. Enable Debug Pause, choose Snake and ZSS (ZSS's jab comes out in one frame which makes it ideal for this sort of thing.) PSA shows Snake's up-tilt as having hitboxes in front of him during frames 6-7 and then they suddenly shift to being on top of him starting on frame 8. Make ZSS stand right in front of where Snake's up-tilt hitboxes will appear. Do Snake's up tilt, and on frame 7 input a jab with ZSS (so the jab shows up on frame 8.) You'll see that even though the screen shows the hitboxes as being above Snake, ZSS's jab will clank showing that the hitbox is still in front of Snake too.
Havok on the surprising lack of range in Metaknight's Down tilt.
The reason his Dair feels like its bigger than it is (or most of his hit boxes for that matter) is because MK is always moving when he's attacking (from the start of the move, to when it actually ends with the last part of the hitbox), meaning his attacks have a little bit of leeway to extend them. Just a little more. Not a significant amount but enough to make a difference sometimes.

If that made any sense at all :ohwell:
So, use this information as well to properly abuse bair and downair for camping purposes.

another thing to note, standing grab only looks so small because DDD leans forward during, remember that.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Logan, go the hell away already. I'm sorry that I don't want to type out what has ALREADY BEEN EXPLAINED IN FULL BY OTHERS, and REGARDLESS Shell and Doval ARE NOT TOP PLAYERS. Hell, I got that out of the hacking area. These same quotes are used in other Hitbox topics, some in the OP, I believe it was Pikachu I saw them in.

Oh, I'm sorry, what original piece of information about fighting games have you brought to Smashboards, or yeah, that's right, "Brawl sucks you guys gosh"

go away.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
what have you brought?
i've never seen it
isn't havok a good player? idk

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey guys, look a productive post relavent to the topic.

For comparison, here are the other boards. For the record, I think that the video ones are somewhat worthless.

Pits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQroxRnrtl8

Bowser- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkMlsPV_p-8

Lucario:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255681

Marth- (says Brawl+ but its the same)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdkQG7Y1OI

Metaknight-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldJyDJP8mbQ

Peach-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255203

Snake- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn8X9uhKIM

I'll post the rest later. Flapjack is on.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
fine crash you gave up right there you know
i prefer the video ones

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Tomorrow we will have the .pac so we can load it and play with it ourselves. From there, someone with video makin stuff can make a video, or you can simply test it out for yourself. I asked Commander to do this, and they had no obligation too what so ever, so I'm just really glad we got this as no DDD had the skill to make it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You still need utilt and neutral B. I don't think we really need Waddle Dee toss since it's pretty obvious that Waddle Dees/Doos/Gordos are the hitboxes there.

Jupz

Smash Master
Wait so where do I see them?

And I like videos better cause you can actually see the hitbox as it moves (eg with Fair).

But if there are pictures there not coming up for me :o

nvm got it

wowzers at dsmash and fsmash and dtilt and bair

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This hitbox is is mouth. Even if you had the hitbox, its not going to cover everything because of the wind itself. Inhale hitbox picture isn't going to do anything.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
?
No. All of these bubbles are the only ones that exist. Anything else is that you seem to have experienced is false. You can check our .PSA file. .PSA shows each coded hitbubble. If its not in the code, it doesn't exist.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Or, you could download the .pac yourself and use the frame by frame mode since only Seibrik and Co18 have the ability to make videos.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
dtilt, utilt, and bair only look huge because the graphic scales with the bone, while the hitbox does not. They're all large, but not that large

And neutral-b has an outer wind hitbox that can be determined by the information given in PSA. (I should know, i did the same with Kirby's neutral-b)

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh I thought you guys had seen the video lol. Somehow the Snake boards got a hold of it and have been using it for matchups before we'd even seen it :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wow, since it is frame per frame we actually have some frame data now too xD Down air comes out in five frames if I got this right o_O

Prawn

Smash Master
has anyone experimented with that weird hitbubble under D3's downb?

Top Bottom