• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gw hitboxes

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Are you sure Judgment is accurate? I've always thought that Nine had slightly MORE range in comparison! Heh.
Uair is beast, as we all knew, but look at that Usmash. No hurtbox on the helmet, as well as being disjointed far past the animation. Wicked sick.
Oh, and his grab is actually not that poor. Slightly past the animation, as I suspected (in your face AmazingAmpharos). Pivot even moreso.

Anway this is cool. Care to also include his getup and ledge attacks? Maybe Pummel too!

Thanks for this, RocketPSIence. Also thanks for the video Kewl; it saved me time so I didnt have to make a video.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Are you sure Judgment is accurate? I've always thought that Nine had slightly MORE range in comparison! Heh.
Uair is beast, as we all knew, but look at that Usmash. No hurtbox on the helmet, as well as being disjointed far past the animation. Wicked sick.
Oh, and his grab is actually not that poor. Slightly past the animation, as I suspected (in your face AmazingAmpharos). Pivot even moreso.

Anway this is cool. Care to also include his getup and ledge attacks? Maybe Pummel too!

Thanks for this, RocketPSIence. Also thanks for the video Kewl; it saved me time so I didnt have to make a video.
heh. forgot about getup and ledge attacks.
i'll see if i can get that edited in.

but yeah usmash is what suprised me the most. i knew it had really big disjointed hitbox, but ****. lol

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
You could just make a video reply to this video if you want, but you do have enough time to quickly make a new video before everyone sees this one (so far only a few have).

Pummel is somewhat helpful to know about in teams and when grabbing near stage hazards, though not entirely important. It'd still be cool to see that.

Shame we cant see Bacon's hitboxes, but I assume it's the limitations to this hack. Oh, and being able to color windboxes seperatly from hitboxes would be awesome.

Maybe someday :(

Vinnie

Smash Master
Holy **** @ uair. I thought it would have a bit wider range though...

and I knew pivot grab *****! Ledgehop nair -> run and pivot grab behind you = ****.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
You could just make a video reply to this video if you want, but you do have enough time to quickly make a new video before everyone sees this one (so far only a few have).

Pummel is somewhat helpful to know about in teams and when grabbing near stage hazards, though not entirely important. It'd still be cool to see that.

Shame we cant see Bacon's hitboxes, but I assume it's the limitations to this hack. Oh, and being able to color windboxes seperatly from hitboxes would be awesome.

Maybe someday :(
i'll video response showing getup and ledge attacks.

but looks like pummel's hitbox wasnt in the .pac, but tbh you can imagine it. pretty much. xD

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Good work!

It would seem Judgment should be larger. I would be very surprised if it was actually smaller than the others. I guess it's possible to be smaller but have insane priority like MK's tornado hitboxes.

The #5 is wrong. There should be a hitbox behind G&W's head on the fourth hit of the attack.

You should show Dash Attack near a ledge so we can see how it stage spikes people.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@UTD I'll recheck #5 to make sure I didn't get the frames wrong
Also can you test the .pac? If you notice a time where they get grabbed when the hitbubble doesn't overlap, tell me and I'll fix it.

Also doing DA on the platform would do better to show hitboxes below him

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Where do I put the pac on my SD card?

What codes do I need active for the game to load the pac?

Also, #5 should have somewhere between 4-5 hitboxes. Check the frame data thread.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
His Nair and Down B hitboxes looks really cool.
What time does Uair start?! I can't find it. -__-

I know it's at the end but I'm either skipping past it or I just suck at finding things.
That's why I asked for the time it started.

@ Cheap

Nevermind, found it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Where do I put the pac on my SD card?

What codes do I need active for the game to load the pac?

Also, #5 should have somewhere between 4-5 hitboxes. Check the frame data thread.
You need file replacement 3.5.1 and you put it under:
?:/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/gamewatch/fitgamewatch.pac

Also #5 does have 4 hitboxes, however they are consectuive and don't have any time where the hitbox isn't out between them

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
LOL thunderstruck,
Fsmash hits farther then I thought 0.0
Usmash is awesome lol.
I always thought the 6 and 9 had the biggest hitboxes :\

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
D-tilt is the perfect edgeguard on battlefield against big characters.

Look at how low it hits!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Really? It's like frame 4. It's mediocre in range compared to some others. It's only good b/c it's his fastest move IIRC and it jab cancels so well :3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nair's Hitbox is hilarious.
Oil Panic's horizontinal range is pretty epic.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
His Jab is actually very good. The range and disjointedness make up for being slightly on the slow side, and being able to jab cancel into stuff like Dtilt is awesome. The Jab Combo part sucks, though, as it doesnt link.

lou4222

Smash Lord
This video is amazing. Good work! I think we all knew what the hit boxes were, but seeing them in a vid like this helps out a ton. Thanks for posting it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If I'm correct, Pikachu's hurtbox becomes a lot bigger when he does his Up-B. I've seen something like this happen in Melee.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh, so it's a hurtbox issue rather than a G&W Hitbox issue? For a while I've thought that you guys were using a overpowered F-smash :p

Top Bottom