• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Candy and Atomsk tourny

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Ok, first off I'm HATING marth right now. Neo says " just be patient" but for some reason I can not vs this character. Any tips, what am I doing wrong vs Atomsk besides blowing at perfect sheilding and not punishing with DB when I should have?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP5pceSn-mo
the 2nd match will be in the side bar I'm sure.

Now on to candy. I personally am very very good at the snake matchup. But this is depending on how quickly I get my feet set and take control of the matchup. I had played ally the night before and went 2-2. I understand the mu and everything, of this I assure you. But Candy's defense had me blowing up all over the place. This is not how my matches with snake( ANY SNAKE) go. What about candy's playstyle is giving me problems in this match?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQzJMFUdSos&feature=related

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I saw several mistakes but, I couldn't have done any better so I am not that should be critiquing.
Though, I think you were shielding to long and releasing at the wrong times and you gave to space between Marth allowing Wolf to reset the situation.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Say what you've gotta say bruh, it will all help.

Granted, I hadnt slept at all before the tourny, so some mistakes may have just been due to me being crazy sleepy and just not pressing things fast enough, or not thinking clearly. Nonetheless, you can critique.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Well the only patience issues I see is when your aerial game was flawed. He took note of your approach and movements. You lose two stocks to Utilt due to landing relatively close with limited options. More later keyboard being a ***** :mad:

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Atomsk loves Wolf vs Marth lol.

Work on being more defensive, Wolf is great at punishing Marth's mistakes (as is Marth at punishing Wolf's mistakes). Be extra careful not to whiff fairs since Wolf can bair you afterwards with ease, and also be careful when returning from the ledge. Don't be afraid to plank a bit, Wolf can't deal with planking anywhere near as well as he can deal with ledge get-ups and all that. Uhh, yeah I guess that covers most of the "mistakes" you made that you didn't already mention.

:059:

Pandii

Smash Rookie
Whenever you crouch it's broadcasting that you're about to down tilt. That's probably you just being sleepy though.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm not a fan of high level critiqueing matchs since it's not under my jurisdiction but... you played pretty well for first 2 stocks, but in the last stock you started losing your cool abit and making abit more mistakes of landing in front of his ftilt/hitting nades.

what l usually do, is just don't worry about getting hit from nades, they're like 2-3%, it's better off (imo) just to walk and pretend as if you were getting worried since candy was playing to your fear of nades abit.

3:23-25, missed a good opening, he landed a laggy bair on top platform, you could have punished that, but at the very best, you only got a dtilt seconds after that and ate a ftilt :/

if you have adapted into you changing up in landing in front of his shield, it could have saved you couple of %s, like landing behind his shield (though he would oos ftilt too >.>)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wolf is a funny match up.

Marth -wins- in the air by a stupidly close margin.
But Wolf's tools are mad good at handling Marth's general spacing game.
Grabbing Wolf has some funnies,
if they don't DI away it's a dtilt to dancing blade (you got a grab and tried fairing instead... wasteful)
if they do DI away that's when you chase for a regrab or fair.
get used to wolf's options, because whilst they're good against Marth, there are not many of them.
Marths options over 100% at the ledge against just about anybody is BAD, Wolf is notably a worse one. As Ishie said, Wolf can't handle the planking, which can be used to gain some space. If you can bait a move through a ledge drop jump (to regrab) you may be able to reach his claws (dsmash) with fair. If he's that far away, he's going for the fsmash, which generally just a ledge jump db1 'wait/react' will cover. But as I said, it isn't easy for Marth.

Battlefield isn't 'great' against Wolf nor Snake in my opinion, but eh.
Your landings were terrible in both games against Candy. I felt a lot of grab opportunities were missed, and you threw out moves that had no chance of hitting (i.e. a wall attempt) for no reason other than opening you up for a dash attack or another move.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
Okay I didn't read all the other comments so this might get repetitive.

On wolf my biggest observation was that you did not capitalize on your approaches as much as is ideal. With wolf it often pays to take some risks, after a patient approach. There was one kill where you followed him off stage and got a stock for it I believe. This is what needs to happen, although his recovery seems hard to gimp at first glace to someone inexperienced in the match up, There is a good amount of lag at the start of his side B and he has few options to avoid it without S.D.ing

On snake I'm not very experienced but just a patience issue here. You missed a few opportunities for glide tosses from nades, which would have helped your approach. And in this match i saw the opposite problem from when you fought wolf. You try to do too much once you get the approach. Just dancing blades and then either A) take a short hop FF back and get ready to react B) get some free damage because you just sent him off stage or C) try to force more hits, which unless you condition them with choice A will usually result in an F-tilt.

hope it helps.

∫unk

Smash Master
perfect throw setups (you messed up f-throw f-smash on snake on the platform and f-throw f-throw d-air on wolf)

dont rush in so much you dont have to go in with a short hop every time you got powershielded/forced to misspace a lot. walking forward is perfectly fine it lets you do everything or short hop but jumping backwards

double jump when it doesn't look well after a short hop aerial marth's good air mobility usually lets you land or get to the ledge safe (especially on battlefield when you can run away to platforms)

Top Bottom