• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Community Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Theres been talk of this for awhile, but it doesn't seem to be actually going anywhere, so why not make a topic about it?

Assuming we decide we want to do this:

Of course we'll need to get the tink boards themselves abit more organized before this is done, as that is more important than a video, This project will also take several months. If we do get this going, we'll all ned to come together to represent toon link as beast as possible!

Concerning The video:
We'll all be apart of this, everyone having a say in song choice, name, ect.

Just because you send in clips does not mean your guaranteed a spot in the video! We want to represent Toon link as best as possible right? So send in your best stuff! (I'll be open to change on this matter if enough of you feel strongly about this.)

I will be editing the video, along with HyRo helping when he can. I'll upload previews of the video (On a file hosting site, not youtube.) periodcally so you can all keep up with the progess of the video. (I'd make a private group for this or just send links in PMs for anyone who wanted to see)

So lets hear some opinions on this, Any suggestions/changes to some of what i've said, anything.

Well it's like I told Sasuke in the other thread. When we record the clips, they have to be recorded in widescreen and with the music turned off, so we can have the sound effects with the music. We want something that represents us as a group, so we're gonna have to go all out on this and make it very presentable.

As for music, I have no idea. I think we should vote on genres or how the mood of the video should be, and then vote on individual songs.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
An up-beat remix of Dragon Roost Island would be amazing.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I hope I can be part of this, lol. I'm afraid to actually submit anything because all the TL pros will probably say "ew that sucks manggg"

NearZzz

Smash Lord
I hope I can be part of this, lol. I'm afraid to actually submit anything because all the TL pros will probably say "ew that sucks manggg"
Lmao, don't worry about it. When its time to send in replays just send stuff and I'll do my best to make sure you have a spot in the video. (As long as its not like...single hit spike clips and stuff xD)

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I like this idea...hmmmm

I think that we should have clip of santi doing something around 3:10 in memory of him...But hey, thats just my own opinion :)
I'm thinking a doubles match... with 4 bombs.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
I have a U-Tilt > U-Tilt > B-air > B-air > B-air > D-air spike combo on someone, but it was on the WiFi room which isn't a "legal" stage per-say.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I have a U-Tilt > U-Tilt > B-air > B-air > B-air > D-air spike combo on someone, but it was on the WiFi room which isn't a "legal" stage per-say.
No offense but that's like every TL CV I see :|

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lol, i'ma let you guys know, about every single combo vid ever made, Near has said something about a toon link in it ruining it...

Anything that's been seen before...PROBABLY not gonna cut it. Its gotta be some unique and ridddiculous ****. So basically no, no bair combos, no kizzu combos etc. XD

Lol, i'ma let you guys know, about every single combo vid ever made, Near has said something about a toon link in it ruining it...

Anything that's been seen before...PROBABLY not gonna cut it. Its gotta be some unique and ridddiculous ****. So basically no, no bair combos, no kizzu combos etc. XD
So I'm guessing we're going for purely entertaining clips then? Nothing that demonstrates smart gameplay, just fancy kills?

Sounds fun to me.

Hyro

Smash Lord
So I'm guessing we're going for purely entertaining clips then? Nothing that demonstrates smart gameplay, just fancy kills?

Sounds fun to me.
Well who wants to watch smart gameplay? I mean I guess we could make a video of Toon Link jumping from platform to platform throwing bombs down...but that's obviously no fun.

And no, I wouldn't send a fancy kill...unless you have raape leading up to that kill.

Woot I think these are pretty unique:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpCEuxy-SVk

The beggining **** and at 2:54-2:56 bair to retuning rang fair combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgIX8grHK0

4:08-4:10 bomb to sweetspot boomer upair kill.
0-deaths are cool and all but most of them are pretty boring to watch unless something cool happens in it. And the other two clips are too short lol. Don't you have any saved replays on a wii or something?

I dunno...maybe my standards are too high...what you think near?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well who wants to watch smart gameplay? I mean I guess we could make a video of Toon Link jumping from platform to platform throwing bombs down...but that's obviously no fun.

And no, I wouldn't send a fancy kill...unless you have raape leading up to that kill.

0-deaths are cool and all but most of them are pretty boring to watch unless something cool happens in it. And the other two clips are too short lol. Don't you have any saved replays on a wii or something?

I partially agree with you... It should be something like never seen before.
That reminds me of that last kill when you vsed Jnig's Wario. You threw a boomerang while Njig hung on the edge, and Fsmashed.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
No other TL has done the bomb to sweetspot boomer upair. Nor the bair to rang fair but w/e. I also think melito's shield break rang to dair should be in.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No other TL has done the bomb to sweetspot boomer upair. Nor the bair to rang fair but w/e. I also think melito's shield break rang to dair should be in.
I think by "No other TL has done" you mean "I've never seen another TL do".

Hyro

Smash Lord
I think by "No other TL has done" you mean "I've never seen another TL do".
This.

And what I was expecting was a returning boomerang hitting him into a bomb you threw down into an upair.

What you did in the vid was hit him with a bomb...then hit him with a boomerang...then jumped and upaired him. Just wasn't really impressive to me lol but that's just me!!

I have a replay in which my friend's Sonic tries to do the UpB Uair thing, and just before he does the Uair, I spike him and he falls to his spring, and when he comes back up, I Uair him and get the KO.

Is this unique enough? :D

NearZzz

Smash Lord
the 0-death was nice and all, but too long for a clip.

the bair->boomerang->fair was good, but the top of the screen is cut off abit in the vid, so you can't really see what happened there lol, plus no kill :(

The last one on delfino I actually liked though, lol

@ Twink: If its as fast as i'm kind of picturing it right now, then yeah that'd be good xD

the 0-death was nice and all, but too long for a clip.

the bair->boomerang->fair was good, but the top of the screen is cut off abit in the vid, so you can't really see what happened there lol, plus no kill :(

The last one on delfino I actually liked though, lol

@ Twink: If its as fast as i'm kind of picturing it right now, then yeah that'd be good xD
I just saw the video now. I didn't realized that when he bounced back up, I pogo'd, then did the Uair, but between the pogo and the uair, he didn't have much time to react. The clip IMO is still worth putting.

Btw Near, you remember how in your SWF video, you synced up a bunch of fsmashes to the exciting part of the song you had?

Imagine if those were all 3:10s.

epic!

Hyro

Smash Lord
I have a replay in which my friend's Sonic tries to do the UpB Uair thing, and just before he does the Uair, I spike him and he falls to his spring, and when he comes back up, I Uair him and get the KO.

Is this unique enough? :D
now that sounds sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom