• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations dabuz! The Tourney that lasted 2 MONTHS Is Finally Over! Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

--

BRACKETS

:mad:ROUND 1:mad:

Alphicans-vs-Javon89
Winner: Alphie!

IsmaR-vs-SoniKupo
Winner: Issie!

dabuz-vs-Z.e.n.
Winner: dabuz!

thegreatkazoo-vs-Salem
Advancer: Kazoo

Mcmuff1nman-vs-Paladin
Winner: Muff1n!

GunMasterLombardi-vs-Moot
Winner: GML!

Hero of Banthum-vs-Falconnflier
Advancer: Chaos

Commander_Beef-vs-Captain L
Winner: Commander_Beef!

:088:ROUND 2:088:

Alphie vs. dabuz

GunMasterLombardi vs. Commander_Beef
Advancer: GML

thegreatkazoo vs. IsmaR

Chaos vs. Muff1n
Advancer: Muff1n

ROUND 3

dabuz vs. Muff1n

thegreatkazoo vs. GunMasterLombardi

:bee:FINAL ROUND:bee:
dabuz vs. the great kazoo

-----------------------

Good Luck!

UPDATES
-So, the deadline for getting all the participants is tommorow. Yet we lack about seven. So, I've decided to squeeze in one more week for signups. The deadline will be next Wednesday at 11:59 Eastern Time.

-Due to time constraints, all the slots must be filled by Wednesday, December 2, by 11:59 Eastern Time

-All right, the slots are all filled up! The brackets will be up either tommorow or Thursday

-Check the "prizes" section

My second attempt for a tourney. This time, I'm not doing teams.:Ex-Eyes:

GENERAL INFORMATION
-This will be a 16-man tourney
-There will be a 2-3 week signup period. To sign up, just go username/online tag/friend code/character 1/character 2/character 3. ONLY three characters MAX.*coughkazoocoughcough* >__>
PLEASE NOTE!! Once you start a set, you have to stick with the character you chose that time untill you defeat you opponents and proceede, in which case, you will be able to pick a different character(from the other two) if you wish.
-Brackets will be up once all the slots are taken up
-Matches will start on the weekend closest to when the brackets get put up
-Matches will span 1 week.

SPECIFICATIONS TO JOIN
-If you joined in '06 and before...
--A post count of at least 2500.
-If you joined in '07...
--A post count of at least 1500-2000.
-If you joined in '08...
--A post count of at least 1000.
-If you joined this year...
--January-May, you must have at least 500 posts.
--June-September, you must have at least 250 posts.
--Members who joined in October or November will not be allowed to enter, unless they meet the below criteria:
-Those that are members of a public usergroup(BRoomers, Debaters, etc) and/or are Moderators/Senators/SModerators/etc., are eligible to join even if they don't reach the post specification.

RULES
-No items
-3 Stock, or, if agreed on by both people, stock can be set to 4
-8 minute time limit
-Best two out of three, or if agreed on by both people, one match only
-Grand Finals will be best three out of five, or, if agreed on by both people, one match only
-Each person has the choice to ban one COUNTERPICK at the beginning of a set
-Suicides allowed
-Sudden Death WILL NOT be played. Outcome will be decided first by stock, then by percent.
-On the very off chance that both stock and percent are equal, then the outcome will be decided in a one-stock-no-time-limit Brawl.
-Chaingrabbing, chainthrowing, and Zero Suit Samus's Dash Attack Lock are allowed
-No planking
-No stalling(this includes Metaknight's Infinite Cape)
-No infinites(this includes Ice Climbers infinite chaingrab)
-NO JOHNS

STAGE SELECTION
To decide stages, in the first match of a set, each person will tell me what stage they want via PM(if they don't come to a consensus), and I will do a coin flip. Don't worry, I'm not in the least biased. After that, it will be loser's pick. No one stage can be selected twice in a set. In the case of a single match set, I will do the coin toss if both people fail to come to a consensus.

STAGES

STARTERS
-Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

COUNTERPICKS
-Jungle Japes
-Pokemon Stadium(Melee)
-Brinstar
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Lylat Cruise
-Norfair
-Castle Seige
-Delfino

BANNED STAGES
Eh, I'm to lazy to list all of them. So anything that isn't on the above list is banned. Custom Stages included.

PRIZES
-Prize confirmed! There will be a prize of 1000 Wii Points for the winner of First Place

ENTRANTS

-SoniKupo / Kupo / 1161-4246-1489 /

-Z.e.n/Zen/5070-2805-2051/:jigglypuff:/:random:

-thegreatkazoo/KAB or various other tags/2922-8999-6173/:olimar:/:rob:/:zelda:

-Mcmuff1nman / Muf!n / 0173-2745-5921/:olimar:/:gw:/:peach:

-dabuz/dabuz/ 2191-7315-3890/:olimar:/:marth:

-Salem / ??? or Sam /5198-2106-4261/:zerosuitsamus:/:marth:/:luigi2:

-Hero of Banthum/HoB/2106-0102-0875/:snake:/:pikachu2:/:falco:

-Paladin/ Pally or Nocta/ 2621-2291-5503/:kirby:/:samus2:/:zerosuitsamus:

-Falconflier/falc./2235-2490-9487/:toonlink:/:marth:/:pit:

-Moot/Moot/4983-4608-3365/:rob:/:gw:/:ness:

-IsmaR/Issy/5112-5790-2650/:samus2:/:zerosuitsamus:/:dedede:

-Commander_Beef / cBEEF / 3909-7181-4185 /:dedede:/:rob:/:dk2:

-Javon89/REDUX/ 3050-7372-5170/:mario2:/:falco:/:kirby:

-Captain L/Lando/5370-0129-8104/ :pikachu2:

-GunmasterLombardi/GmL/ 2191-7311-3177/ :falco:/:pikachu:/:gw:

-Alphicans/Alphi/1719-2852-5644/:gw:/:falco:/:metaknight:

--

Have fun! ;D

tsilver33

Smash Ace
The post rules are a bit insane, and so is the character rules. You should just make it any character and just make it a minimum of 250/500 posts or something. Why does when they joined have anything to do with it?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Whoa. 36 man, 18 teams? Even with (maybe) prize Good luck with that. O.o

This place isn't as busy as it used to be. You might want to cut it down a little (Your choice though obviously). My tourney half struggled to get 16 man, 8 teams.

Maybe if my College work dies down, I'll join this. Oh, just realised I don't fit the criteria. Don't have 500 posts lol.

@tsilver: To see if you have been active or not. Normally people assume postcount = active'ness in SWF.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Are you actuallly going to see this tournament through? Last time you literally just let it die. I might join if i can find a partner.

Yeah, I'm actually sticking with this one. I''ve planned it out better, and took more time.

Also, you don't need a partner. It's not teams. <_>

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Oh nice, you changed the OP.

I still can't join though.
D:

My bad, didn't see that part.

...You can. You're a a Director.

Indigo-Jeans said:
-Those that are members of a public usergroup(BRoomers, Debaters, etc) and/or are Moderators/Senators/SModerators/etc., are eligible to join even if they don't reach the post specification.
Just to straighten things out.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
In the interest of fairness, you should either have a prize for this tourney, or you shouldn't. Whatever the case, you definitely shouldn't make it sound as if you are having a prize for the winner, and then flip-flop and say that you won't.
That would make you look like an @$***le and probably give you a rep of a person whose tournies that people don't want to enter.

That being said, I'm throwing the gauntlet down, and we'll see if Mr. Social WH...of da week has got the TO skills...:
thegreatkazoo/KAB or various other tags/2922-8999-6173/:025::dk::marth::olimar::rob::zelda::pit:

FYI, I am going to head back home from Wednesday to Saturday, but if I get a first round assignment early, I can play it before said dates.

Whoa whoa whoa Kazoo, max three characters!:laugh: But yeah, the most likely thing is that this is going to have a prize. I've got the money to buy it, and I've got about 4 weeks to buy it, so expect one.

I'll add you guys in in a bit, I'm on a suckish browser right now.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Whoa whoa whoa Kazoo, max three characters!:laugh: But yeah, the most likely thing is that this is going to have a prize. I've got the money to buy it, and I've got about 4 weeks to buy it, so expect one.

I'll add you guys in in a bit, I'm on a suckish browser right now.
It's implicitly, not explicitly, stated that we should have a max of three mains.

Again, don't say you can maybe have a prize, just say you'll have one.

If I am truly only allowed to have three picks, then I will pick Olimar, ROB, and Zelda...

OKAY!!
I'm finally back on my comp(school's getting pretty heavy), so I can add you guys up. (:

Salem

Smash Champion
Hmm...
Prize?
Awesome ruleset?
Dabuz?

I'm so enter...

Wait

WTF.

DABUZ

Oh hell naw

*Changes list of chars to use for this tourney*

I got my secret weapons just for you Dabuz, MWHAHAHAHA! >:O

Salem / ??? or Sam /5198-2106-4261/:zerosuitsamus: + (:marth:) + (:luigi2:)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hmm...
Prize?
Awesome ruleset?
Dabuz?

I'm so enter...

Wait

WTF.

DABUZ

Oh hell naw

*Changes list of chars to use for this tourney*

I got my secret weapons just for you Dabuz, MWHAHAHAHA! >:O

Salem / ??? or Sam /5198-2106-4261/:zerosuitsamus: + (:marth:) + (:luigi2:)
ummmmm...*sees marth+luigi*

im now adding marth to my list of characters for this tourney

Hero of Banthum

Smash Journeyman
I would like to join, but according your rules I can't because I am not a spammer...

If you would check my background you'll see I always play my matches etc. If you want a few people to confirm that, I'll get them if you want... So, can I join? (A)

Hero of Banthum/HoB/2106-0102-0875/Snake, Pikachu, Falco

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
I would like to join, but according your rules I can't because I am not a spammer...

If you would check my background you'll see I always play my matches etc. If you want a few people to confirm that, I'll get them if you want... So, can I join? (A)

Hero of Banthum/HoB/2106-0102-0875/Snake, Pikachu, Falco
I vouch for him, he's entered so many tournays and always does his matches.

Ok guys, 1000 Nintendo Points are confirmed for 1st place, but, due to time constraints, the remaining 9 slots need to be filled by this Wednesday at 11:59 Eastern Time.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
--January-May, you must have at least 500 posts.
--June-September, you must have at least 250 posts.

look, in case i wanted to enter, isnt this a bit harsh?

i mean , i joined 25th may, so im not allowed to enter. but if i joined 6 days later, i would be allowed to? :/

good luck with your tourney, lil bro! :D

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
If you don't fill up the spots and wouldn't mind letting me past the post count I'd be interested. I get on here daily, I just don't post most of the time =o

Moot/Moot/4983-4608-3365/:rob::gw::ness:

I mean, if you could get someone that meets the requirements to vouch for you, then maybe. But, the deadline is tommorow. :/

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
If you don't fill up the spots and wouldn't mind letting me past the post count I'd be interested. I get on here daily, I just don't post most of the time =o

Moot/Moot/4983-4608-3365/:rob::gw::ness:
I Vouch... av played him many times for tourneys, hes not only skilled but also reliable!

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I'll vouch for him. I don't really know him, but usually more people in a tourney is more fun. Also, there are only 7 people in the tourney, which would be weird. But with him, that makes 8, a good number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom