• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
NEXT ONE AT BU: Early September
NEXT ONE AT NEU: Early September

Things this summer!:

yeah if people are in Worcester area, hit me up.
I saw the title so I couldn't resist!

I'm hosting a brawl tournament July 9th before I move to Missouri and I hope you guys can make it!

SWF: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302004
AIB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11903
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161250057269381

It's called Pray N Trade because the room is owned by a church, not because it's in the game store.
If you're in boston and wanna brawl, hit me up. I'm at Northeastern, there's a bunch of us who play here, and it'd be nice to play some new people.

If you want to advertise a smashfest or tournament in or near Boston, I'll be glad to advertise it here. AIM/email me, since I'm not on smashboards that often. (Also, I may update slow, since I'm in Geneva, so you can assume there will be a smashfest on each Friday for BU and one on each Thursday for NEU, unless said otherwise.)

People in Boston, looking for a place to smash on a regular basis? Your roommate just isn't a challenge anymore? Want some new experience against different people?

If so the guys from BU are back to tell you about smashfests that are going down in Boston every Friday! We love having new people, and want to spread the word.

WHERE: 775 Commonwealth Ave (George Sherman Union) in the basement
WHEN: 3-whenever we get kicked out (generally 6-7)
How to get there:
Taking the t? BU central on the B line of the Green line (to BC)
Driving? There are meters all along Comm Ave, but they are generally all taken. There are also many parking lots as you drive down as well, they should max out at ten dollars. IF THERE IS A RED SOX GAME LOTS WILL BE PACKED AND WILL COST 30 DOLLARS AT LEAST.
Terrible at finding places? Give one of these good folks a call (call on Friday, before then, get at us on aim/swf)

Number/Sn to call/text/im/email (swf names in parentheses):
Nafiun (dawall250): 6176801148 aim: thewall617 email: nafiun.awal@gmail.com
Raeef (raeef): 6177590513 <-- never really on swf as far as I know, so get at me or Calvin if you're gonna contact through swf
Calvin (Yumewomiteru): 6175431032 aim: SYGbreez

It would be preferable to be called/texted before 3 on Friday, because once you go into the basement, the reception goes to ****. If you're going to get there after 3 and you think you may need help tell us beforehand, and we'll figure things out.

We have both Brawl and Melee at our smashfests, and more of our melee players should show up now that there's a stronger interest in melee. If you want to bring a set up of your own, you are welcome to, at current times, we would have 3 brawl set ups and 2 melee set ups. Also, this is a completely FREE smashfest, no venue fee required.

NORTHEASTERN'S THURSDAY SMASHFEST:
Northeastern University - Curry Student Center Rm 444
346 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

http://www.northeastern.edu/campusmap/map/qad5.html
Map of campus. Building 50

NES (Northeastern Entertainment System)
Every Thursdays from 9:00 until up to early morning
Usually featuring Brawl, but can also have Melee and other games and systems.

I'll add contact info later.

This thread is made to spread word and have notifications about upcoming smashfests and the such. We hope to become a major part of the smash community in the region so we'd love to see a lot of people come by.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Sweeeeet

Our smash fridays are already pretty popular, we made this thread in hopes of making this a centerpiece for Boston smash community.

Anyone with free time on a friday afternoon looking to have fun playing smash (both competitively or just ******* around) are welcome to join!

We usually have 2-3 Brawl setups with 1 Melee set up, your welcome to bring yours if you want more.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
there has been suggestion of a small tournament, we'll see what we can do, have to get it okayed by the head (raeef) and we need to be sure that we won't be kicked out early. but having a brawl tournament on occasion would be great to pull off

Albert.

Smash Master
:( :( :( at the whole "no smash friday on Nov" 27

there has been suggestion of a small tournament, we'll see what we can do, have to get it okayed by the head (raeef) and we need to be sure that we won't be kicked out early. but having a brawl tournament on occasion would be great to pull off
Why is Raeef the head of this, at all?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Raeef is the president of Video Game Society, and Smah Fridays is ran by VGS, none of the other smashers are officers of vgs, though that may change pretty soon.

And yeah if we can figure out a way to do a mini tournament that would be great, we think that crew battles may be a better choice.

Edit: we dont have Smash Friday this Friday because School is closed for Thanksgiving lol. But if your around and free there is a Brawl tourney at Marlborough and a Melee tourney at Attleborough this Sat. I'll most likely be going to the Brawl tourney. XD

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
YES everyone who wants to come are welcome to come. We usually have 1 or 2 NEU smashers come by for each meeting, so yeah don't worry about any college rivalry thingys.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
^if we can get enough people, that would be pretty awesome. i wonder if we'll need another melee set up, there did seem to be a good few last time....

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
lol, thats like the only lagless tv we have, but if your fine with like 3 frames of lag then we can put Melee on a diff TV.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest tomorrow! anyone in the area who wants to prep for UMAD, this is gonna be a good place to do it, get at us.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Lookin for ride to UMAD. Other wise I'll take commuter but I still need a lift from the drop off.

Come on, NEU vs BU. Let's do this. :D

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I couldn't make it yesterday. I had to go pick up some stuff from best buy and then I headed off to the miracle on tremont street concert at the orpheum. So awesome.

There'll be another one next week, right?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I *should* be there this week--woulda gone last week but too busy. That Egyptian Rat MM from forever ago still out there? If I win, you can get it back in melee =P

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
yup, that's the best way if you don't wanna walk, though i'm not sure if this is still true or not, but if you don't have a monthly pass, the copley stop might not be the best one to switch sides on. i think you have to get out of the station cross the street and pay again to get onto the other side. correct me if i'm wrong, but i want to say park street might be the first stop where you can actually switch sides without having to pay again.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
yeah sorry, today's the last day we'll be able to host anything at bu this semester. it'll start up again next semester so you should come then

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
sorry for double post. it's at warren towers today, cuz something's happenning tonight in the basement. call me if you have no clue where that is. use the BU east stop instead its the three building with the three tall towers

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Way to not tell people that you need BU ID to get into warren towers...or have someone from BU w/ you to vouch for ya.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
That was a lot of fun. I didn't play as much as I should have, but it was fun watching once I got tired.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Way to not tell people that you need BU ID to get into warren towers...or have someone from BU w/ you to vouch for ya.
yeah, you needed one of us to come sign you in, if this happens again next time call one of us to come get you.

BattleCalculus

Smash Rookie
You know, I go to BU and I had absolutely no idea this was going on. Hoping to come with some friends and play some Melee when this starts up again. It'd be nice to have some people to play.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Boooo melee, come play Brawl!

We're starting up again either friday the 15th or the friday after that.

btw I prob wont be there cuz I'm going to POUND~

Top Bottom