• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago - Clash of Fighters I Results 11/21/09

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
First I would like to thank everyone that showed up and stayed to play in their individual events. I know some events ran fine and others did not. This was an experimental venue, since I have been looking for new places to run events because some players just did not want to play at Screenz anymore. It was obviously a learning experience.

I want to apologize ahead of time for all the things that went wrong at this event. I did not know we were going to be losing power and we had to limit set ups cause of that. We had the venue for longer but ended up having to finish everything by 9PM or risk getting kicked out and not finishing events. The new venue came up with some random deals at the end to get more money that we did not have to give them to stay longer. So I do apologize for making some of the events Single Elimination in order to finish on time. I did not have the extra $150 they wanted for every hour pass 9 PM.

This was the first tournament that I have run that had many things go wrong together and mess up the rest of the event. I will work hard on trying to get better stuff and to improve on what went wrong so it does not happen again. I take full responsibility for everything that went wrong. So if you want to blame anyone, just blame me, don't blame any of the TOs that helped me run this event. Their only job was to run brackets, they had nothing else to do with the event outside of that. One of the few new things I will be working on is getting a venue similar to Screenz were I am not limited by Time. I will still try to get a place that get the driving players a parking lot, which I know was a big factor as to why people did not want to go back to Screenz. I will also be looking at the results of this event and figure out a new schedule that I will be running future events next year. Basically there will be games I will be dropping from my series just cause those games seem to be dying and new games that will be getting some bonus points for a circuit because they now have a strong support for the game. I will get into that at a later time when I work things out for the start of next year's circuit.

Once again, I want to take this time to apologize for everything that went wrong at the event and hopefully I can get some feed back from you guys as to make the next one better. I do not want to leave the Chicago scene and still support it like I did before. This was one bad apple out of the bunch of events I have run, and I know is the one most people at this time will remember. That is fine. I am not going to deny anything that went wrong and take full responsibility for what happen. I will now post all the results for the events that we did run and I will answer all the questions you guys may have and I will listen to all the suggestions and criticism you guys have for me as well. With all that said, here are the results you guys wanted to see:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles

1: blades in gernades
2: We double teamed
3: Why so serious?
4: kane & count
5: PMS
5: Iowa Sucks
7: Fiendnation
7: Worst team here
9: Bunny Peeks
9: supah mario bros.
9: The Flow
9: Mother
13: CLassy Gents
13: It's never lupus
13: E-crew

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles

1: Lain
2: Joker
3: Arty
3: J-Lo
5: HUnger
5: Sliq
5: Razor
5: Fatboy
9: Luni
9: Grimace
9: Count
9: Eric
9: Eagle
9: Stig
9: Kain
17: Sluys
17: Narigo
17: Ewok
17: Schism
17: Snapshot
17: Big-O
17: C.Love
17: Deez
17: Law
17: Blake
17: Genosamus
17: P2K
17: Kamaal Harris
17: Jetti
17: Samir
33: XeroXen
33: Jonomatic
33: Calebyte
33: Dee Phanta C.
33: Xyless
33: Casey2
33: Ken
33: Casey S.
33: Crimson
33: Peeks
33: Tomboy

Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3

1: Project Illusion (Kankuro) - FL
2: Killtz (Kiba) - MI
3: Dark Sasuke (Neji, Sasori) - IL
4: Underwarescore (Rock Lee) - FL
5: Billy (Kisame) - IA
5: Dark Kakashi (Kisame) - IL
7: Kokain (Gaara) - IA
7: Akatsuki (Hinata, Sasuke) - OH
9: Xile89
9: Killah J
9: Josh Ballard
9: Seth
13: Stripper Vash
13: Interstella 555
13: Necrossis
13: Gio420
17: Slayer
17: Digimonemporer

Soul Calibur 4

1: thuggish pond
2: human typhoon
3: aru
4: mystic bill
5: Soulsavior
5: icekid
7: Stripper Vash

Tekken 6

1) Antonio C. (Lars, DJ, Julia) - WI
2) Solus (Miguel, Marduk) - IL
3) Mystic Bill (Marduk) - WI
4) Lil Negrito (Law, Steve) - WI
5) MateoGalvan (Jack-6) - WI
5) Kokain (Bruce) - IA
7) Pip (Eddy, Bob) - WI
7) SupraDoom (Bryan) - WI
9) Sin (DJ, Hwo) - IL
9) Billy - IA
9) Muslim (Lee) - IL
9) Nappy (Alisa) -WI
13) Krispy (Paul) -WI
13) Joe Panozzo (Asuka) - IN
13) Douglas - IL
13) SwiftDemon - IL
17) KillahJ
17) Steve-O
17) Pharoh
17) Marcus
17) Bzerk
17) Lamar
17) Floe
17) Trenton Davis
25) Interstella
25) Carlitos

Street Fighter 4

1: Floe
2: Scrimps
3: P4Pking
3: Munn3y
5: Josh Ballard
5: Douglas
5: King Zeal
5: Bezerk
9: Chris Edwards
9: Yoshi
9: kokain
9: Cory F
9: Cannon Spook
9: Emptyshiki
9: NIves
9: Aki
17: Soulsavior
17: David Mean
17: Parad0x

Blazblue

1: Floe
2: Josh Ballard
3: Emptyshiki
4: Mooshi Q
5: Pharaoh
5: Marco
7: Frankie Gomez
7: Project Illusion
9: Douglas
9: Soulsavior
9: Necrossis

Melty Blood Actress Again

1) Syxx (F-Nero)
2) Necrosis (Len, Roast Beef)
3) Orka (F-Aoko)
4) Yanu (Maids)
5) EmptyShiki (Arcueid)
5) Soul Saver (???)

Sliq

Smash Master
Bowser? In my 5th place? It's more likely than you think.

Count

Smash Champion
I was gonna do a big long post about how upset I was about the tournament, but I appreciate the sincere apology. Shoutouts to come soon.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Aw yeah, Kank in first place.

Was anyone out there repping Komachi?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Shoutouts

BoX7 - I was really tired when I played you but no johns. (Except sleep johns :p)
Sluys - Wario aircamping wdf O_o ggs, up-b is broken.
Count - Didn't play you here, but Killer Cats on the Loose was the best!
Caleb - Sorry your first tournament was bleh.
Random Latino Guy - Sorry we couldn't afford/didn't want your dope, we were headed to Chicago!
McDonalds staff- Thank you guys SOOOOOOOOOO much for preparing us fresh fries, they tasted awesome. McDonalds was the best part of Saturday!

gantrain05

Smash Master
shoutouts? i suppose i can't remember alot of names due to the fact i was literally falling asleep while i was there but i'll try my best lol

1. Lain - good **** like usual lol, i was gonna try to convince you to throw the matches against joker so we could all go to sexworld lol.

2. Joker - scrub, how do u lose to some dude from michigan? i also hate you for taking me out of yet another tourny.

3. Arty - your falco looked scary, didn't get to play any friendlies with you, but maybe sometime in the future.

3. Jlo - you suck, stop playing a sucky char and play MK already.

5. Hunger - matches were intense man, wario is too fun. you got one hell of a wario one of the best i've ever played, im looking forward to future matches.

5. Sliq - BOWSER WTF! good **** man! bowser dittos next time!

5. Razor - didn't get to watch many of your matches, but i saw u pick on a poor falcon, shame shame.

9: Grimace - good matches man, you have one unorthodox snake, it was tough to adjust, sorry for the Mr. Saturn mindgames lols.

9.Count - we didn't get to play singles, but man we had some good doubles matches, air control vs ground control, apparently ground control wins lol.

9: Kain - good wolf man, one of the best (and only) ones i've seen, keep reppin that wolf.

17. Sluys - team iowa sucks is goin all the way next time, we just need to sync up and stop killing each other lol.

17: Schism - sucks you had to ride in a van with all of us for 5 hours only to get to play 2 entire matches, hope they were the funnest matches of your life.

17. C.Love - MARF DITTOS! good **** man.

17. Deez - i think you were that falcon??? if so, you got balls man lol.

33: Xyless - peach dittos next time i swear!

33: Peeks - sorry that you had to actually drive like 20 hour round trip for this =/ we owe u big man.

street fighter people - HADOUKEN!!!!!(echo....echo....echo....)

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Hi, rookie smasher here. For those who don't know me, I was the guy in the red and white beanie. (The Waldo hat)

So this was my first tourney and it was a terrible experience.

We drove all the way up from Indianapolis, paying for gas, 3 toll roads (6 toll fees), and food--all on top of the venue and entry fees.

I paid all of this for double-elim Brawl singles with pools, and what I got in return was a single-elim tourney with no pools. Therefore, I only played a single set in the 7-8 hours we were there.

That is incredibly, absolutely unacceptable.

My motivation for coming to this tourney was to gain experience. I'm a rookie. I never expected to place high in the bracket--I came for pools and friendlies. I wanted to rub elbows with other smashers and get some pointers. Didn't happen.

Friendlies were impossible. Pools were eliminated. Therefore, not only was this tourney a colossal waste of time, I did not in any way get what I paid for.

While the $5 refund was a nice gesture, it does not even begin to remedy my financial losses to this event. I lost $12 ($17-$5) to venue and singles registration, plus approximately $30 in travel expenses--all to play a single set in a single elimination tourney without pools or friendlies. How ludicrous is that?

That said, I appreciate the sincere apology DK. I know this isn't what you had in mind, and sometimes things just go sour.

In future, you might want to emphasize the need for setups. That wasn't the case here. It was just kind of mentioned in passing, like, "Hey venue fee is $7, but if you want, you can bring a full setup and have that fee waived". Have a setup list with the pre-reg list.

Also, it seemed like the venue was kind of scheduled at the last minute. Details didn't go up till a week before the tourney, the staff there did not seem to know what was going on, and everything was chaotic. Plus, the venue itself sucked--it was a cramped back room, with booths. That's not conducive to a good tourney. Next time you have to switch venues at the last minute, please consider postponing or canceling.

Regardless, I'm not going to be back in Chicago anytime soon.

SHOUTOUTS:

Count: Good meeting you, appreciate all the advice. The drive up was fun, too.

Xero: Good to meet you as well. Thanks for letting me pick your brain on Mario stuff.

BoX7 and the rest of the Mario mains: Pre-tourney Mario free-for-alls were a blast!

McDonalds: The highlight of the trip.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
What were top 8 characters for Brawl singles?
I'll just quote Hunger from the other thread for ya. Keep in mind this was single elim with no pools.
edit: Characters
1. Lain :popo: / :dedede:
2. Joker :snake:
3. Arty :falco: / :gw:
3. JLo :peach:
5. Fatboy :metaknight: / :rob:
5. Hunger :wario: / :olimar: / :mario2:
5. Razor :metaknight:
5. Sliq :bowser2:
@Xero - Fun singles matches buddy, like edge of seat intense. Mario doesn't afraid of Brinstar apparently. You knocked at least $10 in nickels out of me in our set. Sorry if you feel I was campy, I was trying to approach but Mario is so good at playing defensive and I was running out of tricks.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I do not understand why Hunger is getting 5th or lower all the time, he must be forfitting or some **** cause' the hunger that I know places top 4 at least every MW tourney.

Jake, for the love of ****ing god just bring back your snake already.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
If me and 7FO never showed up, doubles would have been pretty much a disastor..

SHOUT OUTS

1: Lain If I ever see you vs Ally again, Im rooting for him all the way just for not wanting me and 7FO not to win so badly, lol :p
2: Joker You and razor were the only fun I had at the tournament. Im glad I met and played you guys
3: Arty You didn't greet me you scrub!
3: J-Lo I wanted to do some peach ditto friendlies but eh, that was pretty much impossible
5: HUnger You used Mario in bracket. yesz
5: Sliq I need to face your bowser again. You probably don't remember me but last time you played me, it was dubz at play N trade. You bowser's sick
5: Razor too lazy read Joker's shoutout :p
5: Fatboy You proved to be the better rob, but thats why I quit him 3 weeks before the tourney LOLOL.
9: Luni
9: Grimace You are one **** good snake now.. man I wanna face you again
9: Count I wish me and 7FO played you in dubz bracket haha. nah, it was nice seeing you again
9: Eric
9: Eagle what's up with all the ness/Lucas teams now and days O.O
9: Stig You didn't say a word to me. SCRUB
9: Kain Single elimination and 9th place. You're definitly the best wolf in mw.
17: Sluys me and 7FO will get our revenge.
17: Narigo
17: Ewok You was here? wtf.
17: Schism
17: Snapshot Scrub.
17: Big-O It was nice meeting you dude. Good to see more Marios now. Hope to meet again in the future.
17: C.Love
17: Deez
17: Law
17: Blake
17: Genosamus Dude, your samus is awesome, I gotta play you again. Nice meeting you.
17: P2K
17: Kamaal Harris
17: Jetti
17: Samir
33: XeroXen Nice meeting you and nice to see so many Marios at the tourney. I'll upload our mario FFAs and MM.
33: Jonomatic
33: Calebyte I love to see so many Marios. Good up the good work! I'll upload those FFAs soon.
33: Dee Phanta C.
33: Xyless No brawl+ That sucked. But ur hacks are awesome ;D
33: Casey2
33: Ken
33: Casey S.
33: Crimson
33: Peeks
33: Tomboy It was fun playing you and ur bro. My cousin is a funny dude isn't he? ;D

Count

Smash Champion
READ CALEB'S POST. I felt worst for him. His first tourney. Shoutouts!

1: Lain-Good stuff winning, I wanted to play your secondaries a bunch at this again. Good practice for both of us. Too bad there was two setups :(

2: Joker-Great Set! Try to get it online. Iowa is too good! I should've had you the second game though :(

3: Arty-Great seeing you, hopefully you can get to Indiana sometime. If so, make quik come. Haven't seen him since May. We need to play again sometime too! We haven't played in person then. Always a pleasure.

3: J-Lo-Your peach was the best thing to watch at this tournament. I'm rarely entertained by brawl but I loooove technical peach. Dubs was fun.

5: HUnger-Good stuff at this, thanks for cheering for me/liking my diddy during singles. You're always fun to be around hopefully I'll see you again sometime soon.

5: Sliq-Sick bowser! Best to watch besides that peach.

5: Razor-Great meeting you hopefully I can get to Iowa. Thanks for not cheering against me vs Joker. Nice MK I was also super impressed with your dubs team.

5: Fatboy-Good seeing you, you're hilarious. And really good at this game.

9: Grimace-Tough loss to J-Lo, you're still amazing though. Can't wait to see Wisconsin again. Good stuff in doubles.

9: Stig-Wish we coulda played! Your IC are so tough! We'll have to play on wifi again.

9: Kain-Thanks for teaming, we did really well, just a few mess ups here and there really cost us. I still had a blast. Best wolf ever. You were so close vs fatboy.

17: Sluys-Nice Wario! That set vs Xero was intense! Doubles was fun too, your wario is pretty scary.

17: Big-O-Tough mario, our singles set was fun! Decent falco was well..good meeting you!

17: Deez-Needs more diddy! Although your CF was really impressive. GGs in doubles also.

33: XeroXen-Silly bracket, sorry this tournament was poor, the trip/night before were fun though. You''ve gotten so good. Can't wait to team on the fifth.

33: Calebyte-Fun trip/everything else, sorry the tournament was so lame. I'm seeing you improve already you learn extremely quickly. I'm so happy to have another Indiana player. I really hope you stick with it.

33: Xyless-Thanks for bringing a setup, and I really hope you get the match with Big O and I online! I need more material. Sorry you didn't get to host brawl+ :(.

Spectrum000

Smash Cadet
Well... At least the tournament was held at all...

But I did mention postponing this tournament more than a week ago when you were sick, DK. Like Caleb, I think a little preparation for the worst goes a long way, even if it means cancelations.

I'm really glad I didn't go, because my Dad would not have ever wanted to travel again if we went through all that. (coming up from Indianapolis on the bad roads and routes he takes...ugh)

Glad to see you're still hosting tournaments. Just hope I can make it to the next one if it's mediated well.

Shoutout to all: YOU ROCK! You, you, you, you, you, and ESPECIALLY you two! (points at Hunger and Count) Count, I want to freaking play your Diddy sometime again, and Hunger omg wtf repping Wario in the MW but not doing it like you are king! Quit being so modest and beat everyone up Wario style! :D

Sorry I'm a bit hyper after seeing rhe results. xD

Top Bottom