• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Database. [Please help!]

-Ran

Smash Master
Smash Database

Under the Creative Commons license, I'm creating a database of every Smash tournament's stage selection, rules, attendance, region, and so on. This information will all be open to the public. Due to the vast amount of tournaments held, it would be an amazing help if everyone chipped in and posted at least one tournament/event. This literally cannot be done by one person alone. For every 50 entries into the database, I'll post graphs/charts.

Please only list completed tournaments.

Duplicates will be removed based on the Smashboards link so please make sure your links are accurate.

Updates:
Updated to include secondaries. Changed the placings to the proper order.

Underload

Lazy
Just entered the last Colorado tourney. But, the whole 1st-10th thing doesn't really work for Smash. Results are usually:

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
5th
7th
7th
9th
9th
9th
9th

So you're making the guy entering results choose who placed 5th and who placed 6th, for example, even though both guys got 5th, and you're also making him completely cut out two of the 9th place finishers.

-Ran

Smash Master
Updated the fields. I'll fix your entry on the back end. What were the placings for it?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Please consider adding functionality for storing a ruleset (login in/password perhaps?). This could garner greater usage just by making it more... usable.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll see if there's some way that I can manage to do that Shaya. I could have the fields default to the SBR standards.

-Ran

Smash Master
Though this seems like a good idea, I believe I've only had two people submit their stuff into the database. If I want any meaningful results I'm going to have to add in everything by myself.

Top Bottom