• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Workshop Welcome Wagon - Rules, Directory and FAQs

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Introduction/Rules

Welcome to the Smash Workshop where we provide information on all of your favorite Super Smash Brothers Brawl projects. This thread is here to introduce to you what you will be seeing here in the forum as well as an idea of what rules we will require you to follow. Many of these rules, if broken will lead to an infraction, and possibly even a ban depending on the severity or repeated nature of the offense. Post your question or issue in the appropriate thread instead of starting a new thread :) One final thing -- SEARCH THE BOARDS!

Through this post we hope to keep you informed of all the updates and changes with your favorite Smash projects. So please read up and be informed of everything going on with whichever project you have found in favor. We will try to keep this post as updated as possible with all these projects in the future.

If you have anything to add to the list, reply to the topic here.

Rules:
  • MLG (Major League Gaming) does not endorce modding Wiis. MLG owns Smash World Forums, therefore you shall not speak of modding Wiis in anyway on this forum. If you need help with the modding of your Wii, installing Homebrew or the like then please Google it and get the help you need.
    [br][/br]
  • Linking to hacker sites and hacker tools is against the rules. Do not link or discuss ISOs, torrents, files off of an ISO (see #3), WAD files, backup loaders, ROMs, cIOS or any copyrighted code. See Section 6 of the Global Rules for more information.
    [br][/br]
  • Copying, requesting and/or distributing copyrighted data directly from a Wii game, in any shape or form, is prohibited. This includes mdl0 files used for character models. Making your own data completely from homebrew, like if you were to make your own mdl0 from scratch, is completely legal and is allowed on the forums.

Directory/Table of Contents

Useful Information

• Official Code Q&A + Requests by SCOTU
    Any questions about codes? How to make your own GCT? Requests for codes? Go here! Includes tutorial on making codes.[br][/br]
  • Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread by STUFF2o
    Riivolution is the newest launcher, capable of loading textures, music, and even sound effects from SD/SDHC cards, USB drives or over the network! Learn how to install it and get help in this thread.[br][/br]
  • Brawlbox Q&A and Help Thread by brawlshifter
    BrawlBox is one of the most widely used Brawl hacking tools available. Got a question on how to use it? Post here![br][/br]
  • The PSA guide by The Paprika Killer
    A comprehensive guide to understanding Project SA. If you've got any freezing issues or any questions, someone may be able to help you in this thread too.[br][/br]
  • Tutorials, FAQs & Help
    When you've got a question that doesn't fit in any of the above threads, post it in this forum! There are also various tutorials to help you. Search first![br][/br]
  • PAL code database by The Paprika Killer
    For those Wii's not made in America, PK has a thread listing all of the codes made for PAL.[br][/br]
  • All Brawl Files Except Videos and Texture Hacking Tools by illinialex24
    List of downloadable Brawl files on the DATA partition of an NTSC-U Brawl disc.[br][/br]
  • BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop by Bionic
    Show off anything you're working on in BrawlBox in this thread! May include textures, model swaps, vertex hacks, and more![br][/br]
  • The Request Thread by Bionic
    Request anything to be done here... textures, vertex hacks, custom stages, anything![br][/br]
  • Final Destination - Workshop Social Thread by zxeon
    Casual conversation of things related and not related to Brawl hacking, FC registry, and more. Lax, off-topic thread.

Smash Mods (Brawl+, Brawl-, P:M, Balanced Brawl & more)

• Smash Mods.com
    Powered by the WBR, this site lets people know about Smash Mods news, discussion, and serves as a central discussion for developers within their own back rooms.[br][/br]
  • Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion by The Cape
    Discuss the latest changes to the official Build of Brawl+ here. Like it? Hate it?[br][/br]
  • Brawl- Official Beta Discussion by Kirk
    Brawl-: So wacky, insane, broken and fun! Discuss Brawl- here.[br][/br]
  • Balanced Brawl Version 2 Release by Amazing Ampharos
    One of the things Brawl lacks is balance. One of the things that sets it apart from other codesets is that it doesn't change the core elements of Brawl. Balanced Brawl hopes to bring it back.[br][/br]
  • UnstoppaBrawl by GameTrekker
    A one-man project whose goals of this project are to make every character as balanced as possible, make nearly every attack useful as an attack, reduce random chance, and deepen the strategy of the game, but all with the intention of making the game more fun.[br][/br]
  • Smash Mods RiiFS Server by Bionic
    What if you could switch between Brawl+, Brawl- and Balanced Brawl...without downloading it? Now you can, with Riivolution and an internet-connected Wii![br][/br]
  • COMPETITIVE Brawl+ Code Agenda by kupo15
    A place for competitive code suggestions and the most up to date information on new code releases.[br][/br]
  • Brawl+ Windows Updater & Installer by Bionic Sonic
    First way of easily updating Brawl+ on your SD card without the hassle of downloading several different files.[br][/br]
  • Brawl+ Updatifier - update files and load from USB/DVD-R by giantpune
    The only way to not only update Brawl+ via Homebrew, but also playing Brawl+ from USB/DVD-R's without Snapshots.[br][/br]
  • Brawl+ in Japan by timothyung
    The only way to play Brawl+ on Japanese consoles (NTSC-J) and discussion of the Brawl+ metagame in Japan.[br][/br]
  • Brawl+ Matchup Chart by Mattnumbers
    A matchup chart made by Mattnumbers for every character in Brawl+.[br][/br]
  • Brawl+ Backup/Restore Tool 1.1 by Bionic Sonic
    Useful way to switch between vBrawl and Brawl+ as well as deleting Brawl+.[br][/br]
  • Shameless Geekery: Throw frame data by Veril
    Veril analyzes and compiles throw data for each of the cast in the Brawl+ GSH1 beta.

Textures, Vertex Hacks, Texture Database and Texture Packs (For any help installing textures, post in the Texture How-to thread)

Project SA, PSA characters, tricks, and tutorials (Need help with PSA? Ask in the Q&A thread)

• PSA Official Project Thread by Phantom Wings
    Download Project Smash Attacks, a common program used in Brawl+ and most codesets to make and edit hitboxes.[br][/br]
  • Tabuu Project Thread by Dantarion
    Dantarion's next-generation character editor. Still in Alpha stages as of 8/21/10.[br][/br]
  • Project SA Q&A by Phantom Wings
    PW addresses some common questions as well as a general Q&A of Project SA. Got a question? Post here![br][/br]
  • PSA Character Submission Topic v2 by leafbarrett
    PLEASE POST YOUR PSA CREATIONS HERE INSTEAD OF A NEW THREAD. Topic listing all of the PSA's made so far.[br][/br]
  • Model Swap/Animation/PSA Character Archive by brawlshifter
    PLEASE POST YOUR MODEL SWAP/ANIMATIONS HERE INSTEAD OF A NEW THREAD. Topic listing of all the model swap/animations made so far.[br][/br]
  • The Big PSA List thread by leafgreen386
    Leaf's archive of useful discoveries in PSA. Got a cool discovery? Post in this thread.[br][/br]
  • The PSA guide by The Paprika Killer
    The most useful guide to using PSA on Smashboards. Lists how to use it, which attacks are where, etc.[br][/br]
  • Visible Hitbubbles in PSA! by Kitamerby
    InnocentRoads's way of making individual character hitboxes visible.[br][/br]
  • Hitbubble Archive by AMKalmar
    A collection of visible hitbox PSA's and videos.[br][/br]
  • PSA: Animation Collaboration by .Fade.
    Fade's descriptions of what every animation name actually means. List is always updated, you can help too![br][/br]
  • Article Floating Points Collab! by TheSilenceOfNoOne
    Editing articles used to be impossible, but with hex editing, it's now a reality. Help TSON and others by finding the float point of each article.[br][/br]
  • PSA: Simple Solutions to Common Problems by Budget Player Cadet
    In this thread, we put solutions to things that many people often want to know while using PSA, but aren't really stated clearly and easily elsewhere.[br][/br]
  • Visual dictionary for universal GFXs in PSA by Rkey
    A list of PSA GFX ID's and a visual as to what each one is.[br][/br]
  • Alternate File Loader (Clone Engine) by Almas
    Almas's latest code lets you load different PSA's with button triggers.

PSA/Brawlbox Characters, Animation Swaps, Model Swaps

Custom Song Makers, BRSTM-related tools and music hacking

• Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI by Dantarion + Bionic Sonic
    Most widely used MP3/WAV/FLAC/OGG to BRSTM converter to date! Simple categorization of BRSTMs and easy conversions make putting music on Brawl a snap![br][/br]
  • Brawl Custom Song Maker by Bionic Sonic
    The first Brawl Custom Song Maker to come out since PW released File Patch 3.2. Unsupported. Also includes code pack.[br][/br]
  • How to edit music titles using Brawlbox by VidPower
    Very helpful guide on editing music titles in both My Music and during a Brawl.[br][/br]
  • Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 by Dantarion
    Same as above, only it edits info.pac (titles during a Brawl) and only converts song.db made by the BCSM GUI.[br][/br]
  • Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!
    The largest collection of BRSTMs to date. Got a new BRSTM to share? Post it here! Or if you can't make your own or want professional editing, try this.[br][/br]
  • The BRSTM factory by darksamus77
    Request a song to be made into a Brawl-ready BRSTM.[br][/br]
  • How to create and edit BRSTM files. by Slashy
    Manual guide to creating BRSTM files.[br][/br]
  • Vyse's Music Guide by VysetheLegend
    Vyse, from KC-MM fame, shares a guide on how to make a perfectly-looped, high-quality BRSTM.[br][/br]
  • How to make a BRSTM from scratch using BrawlBox by darksamus77
    One of BrawlBox's features is converting WAV files to BRSTM format, without using Nintendo's tools. This guide shows you how to make a BRSTM in Brawlbox![br][/br]
  • Brawl Music Swap by UTDZac
    Java program that can switch one song from a stage to another song on another stage. Will freeze your Wii on Wifi.

Custom Stages, Stage Hacking, SSE Stages, etc.

Smash Game Projects

• Super Smash Bros. Crusade by Phantom7
    Fangame with its own engine and more characters.[br][/br]
  • Super Smash Flash 2 by WilldaBeast
    The first fangame has a sequel, Super Smash Flash 2![br][/br]
  • Super Nuke Bros. Melee by 2nd Stamp
    Another fangame with an official demo released.[br][/br]
  • Lord of the Smash by 4nace
    Unique 2D smash fangame that is Smash 64-like.[br][/br]
  • SSB Clash by peachfvl
    A Smash game that is meant to be played on the DS. Requires Homebrew.

Tutorials, Guides, Tools, Miscellaneous Stuff

• THP Request/Repository Thread by xmanfit0
    With Riivolution and a few tools, you can now add custom movies to the opening, SSE screen, or anywhere! Use this topic to request a custom movie (aka THP).[br][/br]
  • How to do a Fighter.pac Injection by shanus
    Detailed explanation on how to make an Ocarina code for Fighter.pac injections. [br][/br]
  • Animation glitches: a reason why. by Kryal
    If your character is walking and snaps back when editing the animation, read this! [br][/br]
  • Tutorial: Editing Vertices! by fortwaffles
    Fortwaffles explains how to edit the verticies on a model! See DasDonkey's Vertex Box too.[br][/br]
  • Brawlbox Model Replacement Guide by Thunderspam
    This guide is intended to educate people on how to use BrawlBox to swap out normal character models with new ones from Assist Trophies, Subspace enemies, and any models that you can think of.[br][/br]
  • The Bone Collaboration by .Fade
    A listing of bones and their corresponding ID numbers in hex.[br][/br]
  • How To Make Sound Effects by VILE
    A detailed guide on how to make sound effects. (To play custom sound effects, use Riivolution)[br][/br]
  • Guide to making THP's (Brawl movie files) by xmanfit0
    THPs: the newest thing since BRSTM! Learn how to make them and how to make it work in Brawl.[br][/br]
  • How to run BrawlBox in Linux and Mac OS X by jackharvest
    Linux and Mac OS X users have had the short end of the stick when it comes to Brawl hacking. This guide, written by KC-MM's Jack Harvest, details how to run Brawlbox in Linux/OS X.[br][/br]
  • Brawl model extractor by Pharrox
    An extraordinary model extractor made by Pharrox.[br][/br]
  • Brawl Mod Launcher Beta! by Dantarion
    Used to launch regular Brawl, Brawl+, or BBrawl from one program. Very glitchy and no longer supported.[br][/br]
  • BrawlScape by Kryal
    Model viewer that also edits textures, stages, and characters.[br][/br]
  • CSS Organizer by Phantom Wings
    At first a CSS request by ShadyGT, PW's CSS Organizer lets you rearrange icons and the player boxes themselves![br][/br]
  • Brawl Beta Elements List by NeonTogepi
    What was on the Brawl disc that was left out of Brawl? What's different from what we saw 3+ years ago? This thread attempts to answer.[br][/br]
  • Brawl Stage Studio by Xane
    This program, made for Windows, lets you create custom stages without limits on your computer.[br][/br]
  • WiiRD NTSC-U Brawl Codes by MeleeMaster500
    Compilation of codes that may be used for Brawl. For non-Brawl uses, geckocodes.org.[br][/br]
  • Make Your Move by Various Members
    Post movesets for characters you'd like to see in Smash and get critiqued. Link goes to the MYM blog.[br][/br]
  • Custom Gecko OS Backgrounds by Gravyguy101
    Got a 640x480 PNG file you use for Gecko OS or want another Gecko OS background? Find some here.[br][/br]
  • GCTEdit v1.0 by ChiboSempai
    Another Java program that decompiles your GCT back into usable codes for Code Manager. Unsupported.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may find all you need at: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262863#faq

Additionally, if you have any questions, you may ask in the "Tutorials, FAQs and Help" section of the Workshop.

Triangle.

NNID
Budget_Player
Holy **** I made it into the OP!

BTW, I would really appreciate it if you added something along the lines of "no official release or download yet, still working on the alpha".

Also, you forgot Super Smash Flash.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sure...

And I can't find the SWF thread for Super Smash Flash.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Might I suggest that the ALSTT and "Editing music titles using BrawlBox" be put in the music sections and not the misc section? Very great, what you've done here. This'll help a lot of people.

DQP

Smash Ace
great, awesome thread. it's a guide for newbies as well as a list of links to useful threads. and it's stickied. thanks a boatful!

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
"Challenger Approaching!!! - Young Link Returns by jackharvest
While not PSA, Young Link returns from Melee."

I'd just like to point out there is a PSA for him. It's not in the OP (it should) but is easily accessible.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
wow

/approve

EDIT: just out of curiosity, would my sss guide be important enough to go in the guides section when i put it up?

and shouldnt this thread double as a q&a thread?
Link?

And there are so many topics that I thought the Q&A would go in the appropriate thread instead :ohwell:

Might I suggest that the ALSTT and "Editing music titles using BrawlBox" be put in the music sections and not the misc section? Very great, what you've done here. This'll help a lot of people.
Good idea, doing that now

"Challenger Approaching!!! - Young Link Returns by jackharvest
While not PSA, Young Link returns from Melee."

I'd just like to point out there is a PSA for him. It's not in the OP (it should) but is easily accessible.
Like w/ MK26 post a link and I'll add it :p

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Well, erm, I meant to the SWF thread, not the PAC files itself
Yeah, I know. The thread you provided is the right one. In that thread, a pac was made. It's simply not been updated to the OP yet. I hope it wll be updated soon. I just wanted to point out that when you wrote in the thread description that there was no PSA for it, it was wrong and needed to be corrected.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
For MYM, could you replace the link with the one to our blog? It would be easier since it provides links to every MYM and every moveset posted, and it wouldn't need updating for every new contest. Thanks :)

EDIT: And also, could you replace Hyper_Ridley with "Various"? All of the seven MYMs thus far have been began by different people.

D

Deleted member

this is great and everything, but why has the PAL database been unstickied? now nobody can find it.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
For MYM, could you replace the link with the one to our blog? It would be easier since it provides links to every MYM and every moveset posted, and it wouldn't need updating for every new contest. Thanks :)

EDIT: And also, could you replace Hyper_Ridley with "Various"? All of the seven MYMs thus far have been began by different people.
I'll do that right now!

this is great and everything, but why has the PAL database been unstickied? now nobody can find it.
Sorry PK, we had to clean up the sticky clutter and decided PAL code had to go, however I put it on top of the first post because it is important.

NNID
Budget_Player
Sorry PK, we had to clean up the sticky clutter and decided PAL code had to go, however I put it on top of the first post because it is important.
:urg:

Bad idea. It's now harder to find what I would call the only option for PAL users. Seriously, brawl hacking is hard enough for us as is; the least you could do is keep the one thread in the forum for Europeans stickeyed. >.>

VidPower

Smash Rookie
Ooh, I made it into the OP. I feel special :)

This thread will definitely help new people and veterans alike. Awesome thread.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm already discussing about a Q&A/Support subforum for the Workshop with JV hopefully soon, but if the idea is turned down, I'll see if a good substitute is your General Q&A thread which you can maintain :p

edit: I forgot there was a Brawl Hacking Support Thread ._.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I'm already discussing about a Q&A/Support subforum for the Workshop with JV hopefully soon, but if the idea is turned down, I'll see if a good substitute is your General Q&A thread which you can maintain :p

edit: I forgot there was a Brawl Hacking Support Thread ._.
Actually, completely disregard what i said before, and listen to this.

We need a new (and findable) brawl hacking support thread. even though the most recent post was an hour ago, i still couldn't find it. I would suggest making it sticky and having a rule where if you post a quest and it is not answered in (insert plausible time here) then you can make a new thread regarding it.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
That may actually be a good idea for now, I'll sticky it now and edit the announcement/rules/welcome wagon topic later tonight with that.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
That may actually be a good idea for now, I'll sticky it now and edit the announcement/rules/welcome wagon topic later tonight with that.
No offense or anything, but i dont think people read the announcements, or the rules.. the main reason i am even here right now is because it said "Click here BEFORE making new thread", and posting here would be logical.

Make sure that everyone knows it exists! even though its stickied does not mean people will see it! i would suggest a mass message.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Dunno if a mass message would work for people who are new to posting here, the only way I could actually get them to read is the announcement/sticky, there isn't really anything I can do within my power to make it more obvious :ohwell:

mofo_

Smash Ace
if there is a question and it is answered, then it should be added into the OP of the Q/A thread so people read it and dont ask questions that were answered on the previous page

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
if there is a question and it is answered, then it should be added into the OP of the Q/A thread so people read it and dont ask questions that were answered on the previous page
I had thought that was a good idea and was going to suggest it, but it would eventually become too cluttered and people wouldn't bother searching. Mabye if we had an external database that would work well.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Not too much with EVERY asked question, but keeping it with the most commonly, at least

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
If you guys can help me with the new FAQ sticky, that'd be great, just post here and whatever I missed will be added

Not just that but when I get home I'm gonna put overdue links (SSE stages, brawlbox tutorials etc) on here, and use a new bbcode to my advantage as well

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
In the FAQ section, under "how do I make a code" you didn't exactly answer that, you just told how to set up a GCT. Also, what are all the "." for? One last suggetstion, you should add a BrawlBox section to the Table of Contents, since there are a lot of BrawlBox related threads.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Just noticed youve done the good doctor a very big favor in the "links to threads" section. Much appriciated :)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
In the FAQ section, under "how do I make a code" you didn't exactly answer that, you just told how to set up a GCT. Also, what are all the "." for? One last suggetstion, you should add a BrawlBox section to the Table of Contents, since there are a lot of BrawlBox related threads.
Temporarily setting up questions and answers still, I got side-tracked from continuing :ohwell:

Adding BrawlBox section now...

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
For what characters do I must have a pac file for, and do I need one for a character that doesn't need a pac if the pcs file came with the pac file? I seen the list before, but I can't find it.

Top Bottom