• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Bark Town, an Oakville tournament - Dec.12th '09 -30personLimit- MBR STAGE SET!

I.B

Smash Lord
New Bark Town
a Melee tournament in Oakville
hosted by Steve (aka Tips/SavingForever)
approved by I.B
just come to the ****ing tournament

Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee

When?: Saturday, December 12th, 2009

Where?: Steve's basement
1408 Stationmaster Lane
Oakville, Ontario

Steve says:
If you're taking the bus, you take the 22 local bus it will drop you off at Stonecutter and Heritage Way. Its like a 2 minute walk from my house. Then go towards the corner store. It's the first street after the bus stop. Go left on Mayors Manor, then first left which is Stationmaster and you're on my street. It would be easier if you just map quest it. From "Stonecutter & Heritage way" to my address "1408 Stationmaster Lane". For Sunday to get back to the Bronte Go, you need to take the number 6 bus. It picks you up at Reeves Gate and Upper Middle, a 4 min walk from my house. You have any questions just call my cell 905 467 9608.
edited for clarity

People can stay the night. There may be some small snacks but I will not be able to feed everyone. There is a plaza around the corner, a 5 minute drive. There is a Pizza pizza, McDonalds, Subway. There is a Wendy's subway and extreme pita a bit farther."

Contact Info
Steve
Home # (905)827-4520
Cell # (905)467-9608

Entry Fees:
Singles - $5

Doubles - $10 ($5/person)

No Venue Fee!

STANDARD PAYOUT: 1st- 60% / 2nd- 30% / 3rd- 10%

Schedule
11:00 AM- 1:00 PM: Registration/friendlies

1:00 PM- Singles Pools

3:00 PM - Doubles Bracket

6:00 PM - Singles Bracket

Rules
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing last won on that stage. (ex. in a bo5, if you won on FD, then won on Dreamland, then you lose the following match, FD is available for counterpick, but not Dreamland.)
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS BANNED

Stages
Neutral:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium (Neutral for doubles)
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar

Equipment
TV's:
- Steve/Tips (x4)
- Ministry (x1)
- Chiisu (x1)
- Ayaz (x2)
- MuD (x1)

GC/Wii:
- Steve/Tips (x2)
- Ministry (x1)
- Chiisu (x1)
- Ayaz (x1)
- I.B (x1)
- Daze (x1)
- MuD (x1)

Melee copies:
- Steve/Tips (x1)
- Ministry (x1)
- Chiisu (x1)
- I.B (x1)
- Daze (x1)
- MuD (x1)

Recording:
- Steve/Tips (x1)

WE CAN FIT 9-10 SETUPS, SO IF YOU CAN, BRING TV'S, WII'S, GC'S, COPIES OF MELEE, AND POWER BARS/EXTENSION CORDS IN ORDER FOR THIS TO RUN SMOOTHLY!

Attendance (30 Person Limit):

- Tips
- Ministry
- I.B.
- Unknown522
- KirbyKaze
- Nightmare
- Chiisu
- Ayaz
- Worldjem
- Niko_K
- Chaotic
- Chiisu's friend
- Daze
- Raynex
- Gizmo
- MuD
- MuD's Friend #1
- MuD's Friend #2
- MuD's Friend #3
- Idea
- Pwny

Xelyst

-_-
should be good to go =D

- Bonafide says:
sounds good
just post in the thread for sex

.... well ...

10sexforIBtournament? KK? ... hello?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll try to make it to this. And by try I mean I'll see when and how cluttered my exams are; since Zen is going anyway I can make it to this for sure, it's just a question of whether I should or not.

I.B

Smash Lord
k for those who aren't 100%, I'll still put you on the list for now. Just let me know when/if you can't come.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yo Ayaz, if you're actually coming; please bring my power bars/extension cords and drop them off with Imadh.

Thanks much.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm not making it, gonna be studying for exams... sorry!! D:

Top Bottom