• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 19 Matchup Discussion: PIT

Padô

Smash Lord
So getting back to discussions...

PIT

Annoying arrows, multiple hits aerials...

Maybe Even, advantage, disadvantage?
Only numbers can tell!!

DISCUSS!!!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
hmmm I haven't played any pits. So I don't have too much EXP. But I don't think his arrows are too difficult to get inside. He lacks killing power. I don't think he has any grab release shenanigans on us. I think his nair uair and utilt would give us the most problems. I think Wario may have the advantage but this is just theorycraft.

ChomP

Smash Cadet
Pit doesn't really kill wario unless he lands a bair. I don't think pit gives wario that many problems. Oh yeah,
you DI out of his fsmash. Not sure if using the bike or tires would be good because he has two reflectors (His side and down B)

bassem6

Smash Lord
55:45 wario

Pit has a hard time killing wario. Wario isnt hurt too much by arrows since he is always close to pit unless he's recovering.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Sagemoon was trying to tell me this is in pit's favor lol

unfortunately sagemoon plays really differently than other pits so there's probably not a lot i can say here...

:(

ill practice with felix's pit and get back to you guys later LOL

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's 55:45 - 60:40 Wario. Honestly they're just gonna be hugging that ledge to death, b/c on stage they generally get *****. We CAN hit them off their ledge camping if they try upairing/fairing through the stage with a well timed ftilt (usually down angled).

Padô

Smash Lord
Stupid match.

I pick GW on this match because I HATE characters which roll too much.
I still give the advantage for Wario 55-45 or 60-40 b/c his can't kill Wario very well so we'll be living till 200% EASILY.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Stupid match.

I pick GW on this match because I HATE characters which roll too much.
I still give the advantage for Wario 55-45 or 60-40 b/c his can't kill Wario very well so we'll be living till 200% EASILY.
200% is exaggerating it, Pit has quite a few killing options on Wario.

Of course his most practical killing moves do the job just fine, meaning Fair and Bair. They have great range, come out quick, are hard to punish and are quite strong. Also interesting to note is that a good Pit will actually be able to gimp you through arrows/offstage extravaganza if you don't recover properly, or messed up your DI (messing up DI means instant death in this matchup, you'll just be hit off your bike).

Pit has some basic combos on Wario, and his aerials are disjointed enough by far to outrange Wario with. Wario's basic stuff (i.e. Nair thingies) will work on Pit as well.

I must say that this matchup requires you to stay in the air, therefore making it hard to land ftilts and fsmashes, Pit's ground game is superior in every aspect I can think of.

Padô

Smash Lord
200% is exaggerating it, Pit has quite a few killing options on Wario.

Of course his most practical killing moves do the job just fine, meaning Fair and Bair. They have great range, come out quick, are hard to punish and are quite strong. Also interesting to note is that a good Pit will actually be able to gimp you through arrows/offstage extravaganza if you don't recover properly, or messed up your DI (messing up DI means instant death in this matchup, you'll just be hit off your bike).

Pit has some basic combos on Wario, and his aerials are disjointed enough by far to outrange Wario with. Wario's basic stuff (i.e. Nair thingies) will work on Pit as well.

I must say that this matchup requires you to stay in the air, therefore making it hard to land ftilts and fsmashes, Pit's ground game is superior in every aspect I can think of.

I disagree on Fair as a killing move since it's stale because its the only move which outranges warios aerials and Bair is not a really safe option, I perfect shield it most of the time or dodge it and punish its lag with Uair in the air and with a grab/bite/fsmash.
FSmash is SDIable (i don't know which way, but ppl here said it is) his most realiable kill move is Ftilt which is pretty neat.
I don't do well on this matchup because of the rolls, yes, I got problems with them. And if you play defensively you won't get killed and will rack up damage on his kill atempts.

A question I must ask... Is there any way to punish Pit's glide attack?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not superior in grab game/grab range, which, tbh, is like 2/3 of Wario's ground game lol.

Fair also is a terrible kill move. It's mostly bair and fsmash at lower percentages and then add on dsmash and dash attack and ftilt (I guess) at higher ones. 200% is definitely pushing it though. It's not like this is Falco or Diddy.

You can only punish Pit's glide attack with a shield, it isn't like MKs, sadly :(

Padô

Smash Lord
It's not superior in grab game/grab range, which, tbh, is like 2/3 of Wario's ground game lol.

Fair also is a terrible kill move. It's mostly bair and fsmash at lower percentages and then add on dsmash and dash attack and ftilt (I guess) at higher ones. 200% is definitely pushing it though. It's not like this is Falco or Diddy.

You can only punish Pit's glide attack with a shield, it isn't like MKs, sadly :(
Maybe I pushed it up a bit.
****, I was trying to Uair.

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
60/40 Wario after playing R@vyn i came to a conclusion, Wario easily triumphs Pit... Pit cant hit wario with arrows if the Wario keeps his Air dodge strong.. Wario kills pit at a very low % Pit needs a Fsmash or Bair to kill and it is easy for Wario not to get hit by it.. When recovering with Wario just tilt your bike and you wont get hurt by arrows. When pit is Planking you just Waft him lul always fun to land that

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
60/40 Wario after playing R@vyn i came to a conclusion, Wario easily triumphs Pit... Pit cant hit wario with arrows if the Wario keeps his Air dodge strong.. Wario kills pit at a very low % Pit needs a Fsmash or Bair to kill and it is easy for Wario not to get hit by it.. When recovering with Wario just tilt your bike and you wont get hurt by arrows. When pit is Planking you just Waft him lul always fun to land that
Interesting conclusion.

Top Bottom