• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MechaCon VI: DOUBLES July 16 - 18 2010 @ New Orleans, Louisiana [FREE TOURNAMENT!]

Curlz

Smash Lord
Interested in winning money. Check the MechaCon Singles Tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280323

MechaCon offers anime and mecha fans of Louisiana and neighboring states a chance to gather in a warm and friendly setting to learn more about the culture of Japan and to share in the experience that is the anime fan culture. Located in the French Quarter of New Orleans, MechaCon welcomes anime fans and Asian cultural enthusiasts across the south to join us for our sixth annual MechaCon weekend.

Located on New Orleans' world-famous Canal Street, near the banks of the Mississippi River... the New Orleans Marriott will be host to Louisiana's longest-running anime convention. Check out the wonderful accommodations offered by the New Orleans Marriott.

There is no entry fee to enter the tournament at the convention, however there is a venue registration fee for the convention.

FEES:

Convention Prices
(Will open January 1st, 2010)
Friday - $18 (children 9 and under - $10)
Saturday - $25 (children 9 and under - $15)
Sunday - $12 (children 9 and under - $7)
3-day Pass - $45 (children 9 and under - $25)

Dates: July 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2010.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules

GENERAL INFO

Doubles Only

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-Teams will be seeded (to the extent teams can be seeded) to the bracket.

RULES:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

-Matches will be set to 3 stocks, with a 7 minute time limit.
-Items will be set to "off" and "none."
-Team Attack will be set to "on"
-The tournament is single elimination.
-Stage Striking
-All rounds, with the exception of the finals, will be 2 out of 3 matches. The finals will be 3 out of 5.
-If the timer runs out, ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both are tied a rematch will be played with one (1) stock each.
-Advanced Slob Picks
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule
-Stage Ledge Grab Limit: 50
-No infinities past 300%.
-If a match is ended by a Bowsercide or a Ganoncide the match is awarded to the person that initiated the attack. Any other charactercide will use the results screen to determine the winner. If a Sudden Death occurs it will be ignored and the win will be awarded to the person whom initiated the attack.
-Team Color Rule: If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they must be blue.
-Team ports will be chosen by a 1221 pattern. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-Bringing your own controller or arcade stick is encouraged.

DO NOT LOAD THROUGH HOME BREW

MODIFIED DAVE'S STUPID RULE

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

STAGE STRIKING

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

ADDITIONAL RULES

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. We also will not be supplying additional Gamecube controllers, so if you enter, make sure you come prepared.

Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape and Extended Cape glitch is banned.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., pausing, freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 5 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 10 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

A team cannot consist of two the same character.

STAGES

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Corneria
Green Greens
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to make this better.​

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Shoopity bump!

Who's teaming with me for this?

And if anyone can't find a hotel or whatever, a few people can stay at my place for a night or two.

EDIT: Nvm, I remembered. But housing is available! Only for 3-4 people max!

Top Bottom